Martin Logan (abyss)?? Any Comments - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 92 Old 01-19-2017, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 5669
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCCaniac View Post
Does it sound like these scenes are just more than the Abyss can handle
Probably. It seems that the LF content keeps going lower and louder with every new movie. One 12" loaded sub might have been adequate for most movie sound LF content 10 years ago, but today a pair of 12" would be considered the minimum, especially small subs like the Abyss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 92 Old 01-19-2017, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
Probably. It seems that the LF content keeps going lower and louder with every new movie. One 12" loaded sub might have been adequate for most movie sound LF content 10 years ago, but today a pair of 12" would be considered the minimum, especially small subs like the Abyss.
Interesting that you mention a pair of 12" subs as I just added an SVS NSD-PB12 to pair with the Abyss since they have fairly similar specs (and SVS was recently closing them out on sale). My room really does not need more than two 12" subs. The SVS weighs a bit more than the Abyss, so it seemed a little better able to "hold its ground" at that one scene.

My "go to" sequence for testing LF content used to be the opening scene in Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, but you are right. It seems more and more action movies today are really pushing the low, loud content.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page