Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 575 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 573  574  575 576  577  ... Last
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > Official SVS Owners/Support Thread.
r3v3nant's Avatar r3v3nant 11:44 PM 07-02-2014
I have a pb-1000 and love it also. Amazing sub!!

trog69's Avatar trog69 11:48 PM 07-02-2014
Wish I could say the same, but I did get the email saying they've shipped my SB12-NSD today! It splits the difference between the SB-1000 and SB-2000, and because it's from teh outlet, I got it for practically the same price as a SB-1000. Can't wait.
Tom Riddle's Avatar Tom Riddle 05:24 AM 07-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
You are one luck man.I would like to get my pb13-ultra soon hopeing by the middle of the summer i am just a few more bucks sort.good luck and let us know how it runs and your thought's.
I'm excited, that's for sure. SVS was very helpful throughout the entire process.
Hockeypucks's Avatar Hockeypucks 06:20 AM 07-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by trog69 View Post
Wish I could say the same, but I did get the email saying they've shipped my SB12-NSD today! It splits the difference between the SB-1000 and SB-2000, and because it's from teh outlet, I got it for practically the same price as a SB-1000. Can't wait.
I compared the SB-1000 side by side with the SB12-NSD and to my ear, in my room, the SB-1000 sounds much better so that's the one I've kept. I'm very happy with it in my open floor plan living room that's roughly 14x19. For some reason I couldn't get the SB12-NSD to sound as good as the 1000 though I did like the piano gloss finish.

I'm not trying to discourage you at all, every room and person is different. Just offering a bit of comparison between the two. The NSD sounded less powerful to me and not quite as controlled if that makes sense. I have a few placement options and still couldn't get it to match the quality of the 1000. I listen to everything except country (though mostly hard rock) so both subs had a variety of genres tested.

I feel I would have been happy with the NSD but I'm glad I did my comparison because that little SB-1000 is awesome!
smurraybhm's Avatar smurraybhm 08:59 AM 07-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
The PB13 Ultra is on the way!
Right after you hug your new sub (if you can get your arms around the beast) don't forget to hug your wife - always easier to buy a/v equipment with permission
Tom Riddle's Avatar Tom Riddle 09:21 AM 07-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
Right after you hug your new sub (if you can get your arms around the beast) don't forget to hug your wife - always easier to buy a/v equipment with permission
Lol. You're right about that.
trog69's Avatar trog69 10:23 AM 07-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypucks View Post
I compared the SB-1000 side by side with the SB12-NSD and to my ear, in my room, the SB-1000 sounds much better so that's the one I've kept. I'm very happy with it in my open floor plan living room that's roughly 14x19. For some reason I couldn't get the SB12-NSD to sound as good as the 1000 though I did like the piano gloss finish.

I'm not trying to discourage you at all, every room and person is different. Just offering a bit of comparison between the two. The NSD sounded less powerful to me and not quite as controlled if that makes sense. I have a few placement options and still couldn't get it to match the quality of the 1000. I listen to everything except country (though mostly hard rock) so both subs had a variety of genres tested.

I feel I would have been happy with the NSD but I'm glad I did my comparison because that little SB-1000 is awesome!
I did have a bit of hesitancy about going with the older model rather than just sticking with the 1000. Finally, just as the SVS person indicated, it can easily go back and I'll try another. I'm slightly leaning towards thinking I'd be better off with a ported model, but we'll see. I only have this Polk Audio PSW505 to compare to, and I've never had a real sub before that one (the ones included with the Klipsch Pro-media 2.1 and 4.1 systems I also have are not in any way in the same league of course,) so it won't take that much to impress me. Just be faster in response, and eliminating the muddied sound I hear more often than not.

I'm already gotten over trying to get the same thump that caused my truck mirrors to fall off, so that's a good start. heh
r3v3nant's Avatar r3v3nant 10:33 AM 07-03-2014
I went from a PSW505 to the PB-1000 and could not be happier. The input sensitivity is a little less on the SVS so you'll probably have to turn the sub channel up a couple notches or run the gain around 2 or 3 o'clock on the SVS.. I run the hell out of mine and the amp plate barely and I mean BARELY gets warm after hours of use... it's one solid well built piece of hardware! As far as the sound, it's everything the 505 was and more, better, cleaner, tighter, just as low.. anyways..

edit: I need to wake up a bit and read these posts before posting... sheesh. so you're testing the SB12-NSD against the PB-1000 now. ok. well, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it. I tried the SB12-NSD also and did not like it as much... I think I just prefer the sound of ported subs.. I think HockeyPucks and I share the same feeling on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trog69 View Post
I did have a bit of hesitancy about going with the older model rather than just sticking with the 1000. Finally, just as the SVS person indicated, it can easily go back and I'll try another. I'm slightly leaning towards thinking I'd be better off with a ported model, but we'll see. I only have this Polk Audio PSW505 to compare to, and I've never had a real sub before that one (the ones included with the Klipsch Pro-media 2.1 and 4.1 systems I also have are not in any way in the same league of course,) so it won't take that much to impress me. Just be faster in response, and eliminating the muddied sound I hear more often than not.

I'm already gotten over trying to get the same thump that caused my truck mirrors to fall off, so that's a good start. heh

trog69's Avatar trog69 11:37 AM 07-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3v3nant View Post
I went from a PSW505 to the PB-1000 and could not be happier. The input sensitivity is a little less on the SVS so you'll probably have to turn the sub channel up a couple notches or run the gain around 2 or 3 o'clock on the SVS.. I run the hell out of mine and the amp plate barely and I mean BARELY gets warm after hours of use... it's one solid well built piece of hardware! As far as the sound, it's everything the 505 was and more, better, cleaner, tighter, just as low.. anyways..

edit: I need to wake up a bit and read these posts before posting... sheesh. so you're testing the SB12-NSD against the PB-1000 now. ok. well, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it. I tried the SB12-NSD also and did not like it as much... I think I just prefer the sound of ported subs.. I think HockeyPucks and I share the same feeling on this.
No no, you're right; I'm going to compare it to the Polky I'm listening to now. In fact, I'm presently placing songs in a "Sub test" playlist to hear how the SB12 sounds compared to how it sounds now with the 505, with both songs that slam and sound great now, and those which I can easily detect muddy and/or slow response.

I do enjoy the thump from this ported sub, so that's what I'll be listening for. The fact that the SB12 will easily fit where the 505 is now is a big plus in a room this small. By all rights, you'd think that just about any well-built 12" sub should sound good such a tiny room. I'll find out after the 7/8 arrival and once it's been working for a bit. I will give the SB12 a good chance to wow me, because I am not the type that sends things back, willy-nilly. But I gotta get the sound I want, so I'll smack myself around until it's sent back. heheh
Hockeypucks's Avatar Hockeypucks 11:53 AM 07-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by trog69 View Post
No no, you're right; I'm going to compare it to the Polky I'm listening to now. In fact, I'm presently placing songs in a "Sub test" playlist to hear how the SB12 sounds compared to how it sounds now with the 505, with both songs that slam and sound great now, and those which I can easily detect muddy and/or slow response.

I do enjoy the thump from this ported sub, so that's what I'll be listening for. The fact that the SB12 will easily fit where the 505 is now is a big plus in a room this small. By all rights, you'd think that just about any well-built 12" sub should sound good such a tiny room. I'll find out after the 7/8 arrival and once it's been working for a bit. I will give the SB12 a good chance to wow me, because I am not the type that sends things back, willy-nilly. But I gotta get the sound I want, so I'll smack myself around until it's sent back. heheh
Very good philosophy, I also tested many subs at many times. SVS is one stellar company and I wouldn't want to do business anywhere else. I ended up very happy with my little SB-1000 for 2 channel listening and the pair of PC12-Plus for the dedicated theater in the basement. But at one point I had 8 SVS subs in house!

But I believe you'll be happy with anything you pick, seeing as you're coming from "lower end" subs.
r3v3nant's Avatar r3v3nant 11:55 AM 07-03-2014
I found with the SB12-NSD I had to take it to clipping levels to get the same pound in the chest feeling I like out of a sub... which I didn't want to have to do on any sort of regular basis... the small footprint was great though, I have to admit. the PB-1000 just barely fits in the spot my 505 was in. whew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trog69 View Post
No no, you're right; I'm going to compare it to the Polky I'm listening to now. In fact, I'm presently placing songs in a "Sub test" playlist to hear how the SB12 sounds compared to how it sounds now with the 505, with both songs that slam and sound great now, and those which I can easily detect muddy and/or slow response.

I do enjoy the thump from this ported sub, so that's what I'll be listening for. The fact that the SB12 will easily fit where the 505 is now is a big plus in a room this small. By all rights, you'd think that just about any well-built 12" sub should sound good such a tiny room. I'll find out after the 7/8 arrival and once it's been working for a bit. I will give the SB12 a good chance to wow me, because I am not the type that sends things back, willy-nilly. But I gotta get the sound I want, so I'll smack myself around until it's sent back. heheh

trog69's Avatar trog69 12:02 PM 07-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3v3nant View Post
I found with the SB12-NSD I had to take it to clipping levels to get the same pound in the chest feeling I like out of a sub... which I didn't want to have to do on any sort of regular basis... the small footprint was great though, I have to admit. the PB-1000 just barely fits in the spot my 505 was in. whew.
If I end up feeling that I'd be better off with a ported version, I'll wait until I get paid at the beginning of Aug.(Union-retiree) and go with either the PB-1000 or, for future-proofing get the PB-2000 instead.
r3v3nant's Avatar r3v3nant 12:07 PM 07-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by trog69 View Post
If I end up feeling that I'd be better off with a ported version, I'll wait until I get paid at the beginning of Aug.(Union-retiree) and go with either the PB-1000 or, for future-proofing get the PB-2000 instead.
I was on the fence for about the 1000 or 2000. The 2000 was just not going to fit in the spot I had and I have messed with the room so much I just wanted something I could plant in the spot I had and be done with it.. Lukily it fit and worked awesome (sounds awesome there). I'm going to add another 1000 to the mix on the right side of the mains eventually... but for now, the single 1000 is doing a great job!
cchunter's Avatar cchunter 12:43 PM 07-03-2014
If you guys have the funds and need a small footprint I suggest the SB13 Ultra. I guarantee you will get the WOW factor
trog69's Avatar trog69 02:51 PM 07-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
If you guys have the funds and need a small footprint I suggest the SB13 Ultra. I guarantee you will get the WOW factor
No doubt about that. It'll be a while before I go that high up. First off will be two of whatever sub I end up with in the next month or two. For me it'll be manageable if I move the system out to the living room. I think that'll be sonic bliss for quite a while.
fatbottom's Avatar fatbottom 03:09 PM 07-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
If you guys have the funds and need a small footprint I suggest the SB13 Ultra. I guarantee you will get the WOW factor
Yup. Way better than single 12" SB, easily worth three times as much. I wouldn't choose two SB12 over a SBU13.
cchunter's Avatar cchunter 04:14 PM 07-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom View Post
Yup. Way better than single 12" SB, easily worth three times as much. I wouldn't choose two SB12 over a SBU13.
I agree. If you can afford two SB12's then get one Ultra instead. Trust us on this. You might even decide one of these will do the trick after getting it dialed in.
retro124's Avatar retro124 05:22 PM 07-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
I agree. If you can afford two SB12's then get one Ultra instead. Trust us on this. You might even decide one of these will do the trick after getting it dialed in.
100% agree, if all people who is looking for good sub can afford and get any Plus or Ultra model from SVS it is 1000% WOW factor and satisfactory guarantee. I never tried lower model from SVS but I think it is also pretty good compare other brands like Klipsch when I come from.
AllenA07's Avatar AllenA07 06:25 PM 07-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
100% agree, if all people who is looking for good sub can get any Plus or Ultra model from SVS it is 1000% WOW factor and satisfactory guarantee.
Can't agree with this more.
joseph10704's Avatar joseph10704 05:40 PM 07-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
100% agree, if all people who is looking for good sub can afford and get any Plus or Ultra model from SVS it is 1000% WOW factor and satisfactory guarantee. I never tried lower model from SVS but I think it is also pretty good compare other brands like Klipsch when I come from.
You see i can get myself a pb12 plus right now.And like you said and yes while i agree with you for sure.My mind will just be telling me the whole time you should of went with the extra 200 more rms of subwoofer power in the ultra.While yes 800 wats rms is ALOT OF POWER.1000 watts RMS to me is a VERY VERY BIG DIFFERENCE.That being said the both driver's are so different.the pb13 driver is way much of a beast for sure.Then the form factor of the driver you get in a pb12 plus.This is the main reason i want a PB13-ULTRA more then a plus.watts is more and driver is bigger and stronger.But yes its true no matter what you go with plus or ultra.You will be blessed for sure.
retro124's Avatar retro124 06:36 PM 07-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
You see i can get myself a pb12 plus right now.And like you said and yes while i agree with you for sure.My mind will just be telling me the whole time you should of went with the extra 200 more rms of subwoofer power in the ultra.While yes 800 wats rms is ALOT OF POWER.1000 watts RMS to me is a VERY VERY BIG DIFFERENCE.That being said the both driver's are so different.the pb13 driver is way much of a beast for sure.Then the form factor of the driver you get in a pb12 plus.This is the main reason i want a PB13-ULTRA more then a plus.watts is more and driver is bigger and stronger.But yes its true no matter what you go with plus or ultra.You will be blessed for sure.
I understand it and I had it also same feeling as you. It was a reason why I bought 2 pluses and single ultra and played with them. To be honest with you I never even think about to keep 2 subs. Since I bought receiver with 2 subs input and start reading about it here a lot I like idea of dual subs more and more. Because of small footprint and looks Me and my wife decide to go with cylinder ones. Single Plus sound amazing and give you a plenty of nice clean deep base and it is enough for a lot of people including me. Single Ultra is even better but the best is dual. It is trully amazing!!! I played many action movie parts o er and over again with 1 Plus, 1Ultra, dual Pluses. My wife gad no idea what sub is hooked up and she also from what we can hear said now it sounds the best( dual Plus set up). I also talk to people here and on SVS Jack and Ed all said same keep dual Pluses over single Ultra. So when one more factor for Plus in my case is size of tube, Plus is a good looking sub Ultra tube was too much tall for me and last factor for me to keep dual Pluses was a price. Because I had problems with delivery, 2 subs arrived damaged I got amazing deal on Pluses ( 2 brand new for $949/each) so I had no reason to think about different set up.
Price discount was nice but I will keep dual Pluses even for a full price. If I will have HT room not livingroom as I do I will maybe think about dual Ultras.
You are right amp is stronger driver is bigger but I dont think between a Plus and Ultra is a very very big different, it is stronger a bit not a lot lot more. Dual Pluses outperform single Ultra so now I can say I have Ultra and little .
Price is also a factor for a lot if people a specially then you go dual so Like I said Plus or Ultra no disopoinment at all!!!!!!
Reference_head's Avatar Reference_head 08:00 PM 07-04-2014
Lots of sb13 ultras in the outlet. Save some $ http://www.svsound.com/specials/outlet-specials
cableguy301's Avatar cableguy301 08:57 PM 07-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
If you guys have the funds and need a small footprint I suggest the SB13 Ultra. I guarantee you will get the WOW factor

I looked at the sb13 u long and hard and the pc 12 plus for the small foot print ... but I decided to go with the psa xs15se and the more output and lower cost..


I got 2 psa xs15se subs to my door in Canada for less than the price of one sb13u... well its not at my door yet its on a truck somewhere he he


cheers
retro124's Avatar retro124 09:12 PM 07-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy301 View Post
I looked at the sb13 u long and hard and the pc 12 plus for the small foot print ... but I decided to go with the psa xs15se and the more output and lower cost..


I got 2 psa xs15se subs to my door in Canada for less than the price of one sb13u... well its not at my door yet its on a truck somewhere he he


cheers
Congrats to your new twins , let us know how do you like them and we forgive you to not buying SVS
cableguy301's Avatar cableguy301 09:59 PM 07-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Congrats to your new twins , let is know how do you like them and we forgive you to not buying SVS

thanks for the well wish Retro!!!


I was torn between the 2 for months and months... was a tuff decision...


cheers








twins
cchunter's Avatar cchunter 10:19 PM 07-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy301 View Post
I looked at the sb13 u long and hard and the pc 12 plus for the small foot print ... but I decided to go with the psa xs15se and the more output and lower cost..


I got 2 psa xs15se subs to my door in Canada for less than the price of one sb13u... well its not at my door yet its on a truck somewhere he he


cheers
Eww PSA! No comment lol. Congrats!
Kini62's Avatar Kini62 12:52 AM 07-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy301 View Post
I looked at the sb13 u long and hard and the pc 12 plus for the small foot print ... but I decided to go with the psa xs15se and the more output and lower cost..


I got 2 psa xs15se subs to my door in Canada for less than the price of one sb13u... well its not at my door yet its on a truck somewhere he he


cheers
Congrats. Seems like a hell of a deal. Keep us posted.
eljr's Avatar eljr 06:53 AM 07-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
If you guys have the funds and need a small footprint I suggest the SB13 Ultra. I guarantee you will get the WOW factor
with all respect, I suggest two

I took one out of my main system for a week, you need two.

now I am happy again
AllenA07's Avatar AllenA07 09:04 AM 07-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy301 View Post
I looked at the sb13 u long and hard and the pc 12 plus for the small foot print ... but I decided to go with the psa xs15se and the more output and lower cost..


I got 2 psa xs15se subs to my door in Canada for less than the price of one sb13u... well its not at my door yet its on a truck somewhere he he


cheers
You should be happy with the PSA subs. I spent several months torn between PSA and HSU. My decision to get my pc12+ was a really last minute thing (I got the green light after 2 months of research to buy the HSU, and in 90 minutes changed my mind to an SVS sub I had done no research on). The PSA looked like a great value, and it seems that Tom took a lot of the warranty and customer service aspects of SVS with him to PSA.
dprice18af's Avatar dprice18af 12:16 PM 07-05-2014
SVS fans, have any of you made the move up from a BIC America sub (h-100 or pl-200) to the SVS pb1000? If so, was it a significant upgrade in sound quality? How about overall output?
Tags: Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
First ... 573  574  575 576  577  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop