Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 576 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17251 of 17278 Old 07-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
Tom Riddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lumberton, TX
Posts: 531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I cannot speak on those particular subs, but it can say they upgrade from my Klipsch Sub-12 to the PB12-NSD made a huge difference. It was very musical but could also go boom. From what I've read about the PB-1000 it has great power and also has a lot of attributes of a sealed enclosure. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Plus, SVS has the greatest customer service on the planet.

fdsfds
Tom Riddle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17252 of 17278 Old 07-05-2014, 01:01 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,611
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Anyone know where are output numbers for pb/pc12- plus in 16Hz mode? Seems like all I can find is for 20Hz mode. Also, anyone directly compare a pb12- plus to sb13 ultra?

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
mnc is offline  
post #17253 of 17278 Old 07-05-2014, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
smurraybhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 1,482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Here are some ultra figures

http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=systems

And SVS has measurements - pc12 +

http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/cy...s#.U7iJA9q9KSM
smurraybhm is offline  
post #17254 of 17278 Old 07-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Member
 
dprice18af's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Thank you Tom. I here that Klipsch sub is a step up from the BIC's.
dprice18af is online now  
post #17255 of 17278 Old 07-06-2014, 05:55 AM
Senior Member
 
KK in CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi all,
I'm starting to think about adding a second sub to my system. I have a pretty large room with currently one sub. I can definitely feel the rumble, but it's not as impactful as I would like. Plus two subs could help even out the bass across all seats. My current sub is an Elemental Designs A2-300. My room size is 24 feet wide by 16 feet deep with a vaulted ceiling that starts at 12 feet and levels off in the middle of the room at 17 feet (probably about 4 feet of the 16 foot depth of the ceiling is at 17 feet high). The room opens up on the left side (when sitting facing the TV) to the kitchen up to 9 feet high and then has a wall the rest of the way up (an upstairs bedroom is behind that wall). So the room is rather large. Due to budget concerns, I was looking at either the PB-2000, or PB-1000 if that would work to save a few hundred. Would either of these pair well with what I currently have in my room for a noticeable difference? I have a Onkyo TX-NR818 AVR so I'm working with Audyssey XT32 for the bass which helps. Again, I like the sub I have now, but feel like something is missing. I'm looking to add something that will satisfy the WAF as well, which in my case means the smaller the footprint the better. The A2-300 isn't that small, so something that size or smaller would be fine. Any input is much appreciated, as I've read a lot of excellent reviews of SVS subwoofers as well as their customer service, but do not have any personal experience with either the company or the subs.
Thanks!

KK in CT is offline  
post #17256 of 17278 Old 07-06-2014, 07:42 AM
Senior Member
 
AllenA07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprice18af View Post
SVS fans, have any of you made the move up from a BIC America sub (h-100 or pl-200) to the SVS pb1000? If so, was it a significant upgrade in sound quality? How about overall output?
I went from the BIC F12 to the pc12+. I know it isn't the exact same as what you're wanting to do, but I can verify the difference there was unbelievable. I'm guessing that you will hear a pretty substantial difference as well.
AllenA07 is offline  
post #17257 of 17278 Old 07-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tom Riddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lumberton, TX
Posts: 531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK in CT View Post
Hi all,
I'm starting to think about adding a second sub to my system. I have a pretty large room with currently one sub. I can definitely feel the rumble, but it's not as impactful as I would like. Plus two subs could help even out the bass across all seats. My current sub is an Elemental Designs A2-300. My room size is 24 feet wide by 16 feet deep with a vaulted ceiling that starts at 12 feet and levels off in the middle of the room at 17 feet (probably about 4 feet of the 16 foot depth of the ceiling is at 17 feet high). The room opens up on the left side (when sitting facing the TV) to the kitchen up to 9 feet high and then has a wall the rest of the way up (an upstairs bedroom is behind that wall). So the room is rather large. Due to budget concerns, I was looking at either the PB-2000, or PB-1000 if that would work to save a few hundred. Would either of these pair well with what I currently have in my room for a noticeable difference? I have a Onkyo TX-NR818 AVR so I'm working with Audyssey XT32 for the bass which helps. Again, I like the sub I have now, but feel like something is missing. I'm looking to add something that will satisfy the WAF as well, which in my case means the smaller the footprint the better. The A2-300 isn't that small, so something that size or smaller would be fine. Any input is much appreciated, as I've read a lot of excellent reviews of SVS subwoofers as well as their customer service, but do not have any personal experience with either the company or the subs.
Thanks!
You should probably go with the PB-2000 due to your room size. I would reach out to SVS regarding how the two might pair. Your receiver does have XT32, but it doesn't have Sub EQ HT, so during setup your two subs will be treated as one instead of independent. This could make setup tricky, but it's not impossible.

fdsfds
Tom Riddle is offline  
post #17258 of 17278 Old 07-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
its phillip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: fort worth, tx
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 52
SB13-Ultra review up at AH for those interested in the measurements:
http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer...ltra-subwoofer
TomC1315 and cableguy301 like this.

its phillip is offline  
post #17259 of 17278 Old 07-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Senior Member
 
johnnyknoxsvill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprice18af View Post
SVS fans, have any of you made the move up from a BIC America sub (h-100 or pl-200) to the SVS pb1000? If so, was it a significant upgrade in sound quality? How about overall output?
I had the H-100 and the difference is night and day. The H-100 is very boomy and the PB-1000 are very smooth and get quite low. You wont be disappointed, if for some reason you are just give SVS a call and they will help you set them up
johnnyknoxsvill is offline  
post #17260 of 17278 Old 07-07-2014, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eljr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,739
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by its phillip View Post
SB13-Ultra review up at AH for those interested in the measurements:
http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer...ltra-subwoofer

i agree with the reviewer in that i love the SB13 ultrs for music however i don't understand how it gets the highest rating for ergonomics and features.

It has no remote, no light on the front to indicate on or standby, all controls are in back so adjusting is not easy and made more difficult at 100 pounds.
The finish is nice but it's a box with minimal attention paid to aesthetic design.

it's an excellent price point sub and it's policies and customer service also get props

Elwood P. Dowd: Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.
eljr is offline  
post #17261 of 17278 Old 07-07-2014, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eljr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,739
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
You should probably go with the PB-2000 due to your room size. I would reach out to SVS regarding how the two might pair. Your receiver does have XT32, but it doesn't have Sub EQ HT, so during setup your two subs will be treated as one instead of independent. This could make setup tricky, but it's not impossible.
sounds like a very tough room.

Elwood P. Dowd: Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.
eljr is offline  
post #17262 of 17278 Old 07-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Member
 
dprice18af's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyknoxsvill View Post
I had the H-100 and the difference is night and day. The H-100 is very boomy and the PB-1000 are very smooth and get quite low. You wont be disappointed, if for some reason you are just give SVS a call and they will help you set them up
Glad to hear. I figured as much, but was not sure. Thank you for chiming in!
dprice18af is online now  
post #17263 of 17278 Old Yesterday, 02:48 AM
Advanced Member
 
Cal68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK in CT View Post
Hi all,
I'm starting to think about adding a second sub to my system. I have a pretty large room with currently one sub. I can definitely feel the rumble, but it's not as impactful as I would like. Plus two subs could help even out the bass across all seats. My current sub is an Elemental Designs A2-300. My room size is 24 feet wide by 16 feet deep with a vaulted ceiling that starts at 12 feet and levels off in the middle of the room at 17 feet (probably about 4 feet of the 16 foot depth of the ceiling is at 17 feet high). The room opens up on the left side (when sitting facing the TV) to the kitchen up to 9 feet high and then has a wall the rest of the way up (an upstairs bedroom is behind that wall). So the room is rather large. Due to budget concerns, I was looking at either the PB-2000, or PB-1000 if that would work to save a few hundred. Would either of these pair well with what I currently have in my room for a noticeable difference? I have a Onkyo TX-NR818 AVR so I'm working with Audyssey XT32 for the bass which helps. Again, I like the sub I have now, but feel like something is missing. I'm looking to add something that will satisfy the WAF as well, which in my case means the smaller the footprint the better. The A2-300 isn't that small, so something that size or smaller would be fine. Any input is much appreciated, as I've read a lot of excellent reviews of SVS subwoofers as well as their customer service, but do not have any personal experience with either the company or the subs.
Thanks!
I recommend that you call SVS and talk to one of their customer care reps. He/she will be able to help you out a lot and give you recommendations based upon your budget. There is also an interactive tool on the SVS website that you can use to get an idea of what subs might work in your environment. Perhaps you check this out before you call SVS.

Cal68
retro124 likes this.

Cal68
Cal68 is offline  
post #17264 of 17278 Old Yesterday, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK in CT View Post
Hi all,
I'm starting to think about adding a second sub to my system. I have a pretty large room with currently one sub. I can definitely feel the rumble, but it's not as impactful as I would like. Plus two subs could help even out the bass across all seats. My current sub is an Elemental Designs A2-300. My room size is 24 feet wide by 16 feet deep with a vaulted ceiling that starts at 12 feet and levels off in the middle of the room at 17 feet (probably about 4 feet of the 16 foot depth of the ceiling is at 17 feet high). The room opens up on the left side (when sitting facing the TV) to the kitchen up to 9 feet high and then has a wall the rest of the way up (an upstairs bedroom is behind that wall). So the room is rather large. Due to budget concerns, I was looking at either the PB-2000, or PB-1000 if that would work to save a few hundred. Would either of these pair well with what I currently have in my room for a noticeable difference? I have a Onkyo TX-NR818 AVR so I'm working with Audyssey XT32 for the bass which helps. Again, I like the sub I have now, but feel like something is missing. I'm looking to add something that will satisfy the WAF as well, which in my case means the smaller the footprint the better. The A2-300 isn't that small, so something that size or smaller would be fine. Any input is much appreciated, as I've read a lot of excellent reviews of SVS subwoofers as well as their customer service, but do not have any personal experience with either the company or the subs.
Thanks!
In you room size bigger will be better for sure. Like Cal68 said call SVS customer service is amazing and you can even chat with them on SVS web and all people like Ed,Jack,Sonnie all very helpful and they know what they are talking about!!!
Great is you can get a sub from SVS try it for 45 days and if you have a feeling you need to get bigger one just send it back, shipping is free both ways so no risk at all. If you budget is ok, you can try 2 subs together and choice with one you like and send another one back. Only problem if you order 2 subs is you may want to keep both, it is what happened to me.
SVS are amazing subs, you won't be disappointed!!!!!!

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's
Klipsch RC-62II
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
retro124 is online now  
post #17265 of 17278 Old Yesterday, 06:59 AM
Senior Member
 
KK in CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
You should probably go with the PB-2000 due to your room size. I would reach out to SVS regarding how the two might pair. Your receiver does have XT32, but it doesn't have Sub EQ HT, so during setup your two subs will be treated as one instead of independent. This could make setup tricky, but it's not impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal68 View Post
I recommend that you call SVS and talk to one of their customer care reps. He/she will be able to help you out a lot and give you recommendations based upon your budget. There is also an interactive tool on the SVS website that you can use to get an idea of what subs might work in your environment. Perhaps you check this out before you call SVS.

Cal68
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
In you room size bigger will be better for sure. Like Cal68 said call SVS customer service is amazing and you can even chat with them on SVS web and all people like Ed,Jack,Sonnie all very helpful and they know what they are talking about!!!
Great is you can get a sub from SVS try it for 45 days and if you have a feeling you need to get bigger one just send it back, shipping is free both ways so no risk at all. If you budget is ok, you can try 2 subs together and choice with one you like and send another one back. Only problem if you order 2 subs is you may want to keep both, it is what happened to me.
SVS are amazing subs, you won't be disappointed!!!!!!
I appreciate all of the replies - thank you. It looks like my next step is to dig a little deeper in their website and then give them a call.

KK in CT is offline  
post #17266 of 17278 Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK in CT View Post
I appreciate all of the replies - thank you. It looks like my next step is to dig a little deeper in their website and then give them a call.
Yes sounds great btw don't worget to check on their web Outlet section they have many subs with little discount there, some have small scratch or dent some are 100% perfect.
KK in CT likes this.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's
Klipsch RC-62II
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
retro124 is online now  
post #17267 of 17278 Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM
Member
 
trog69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: S. W. USA
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
I cannot speak on those particular subs, but it can say they upgrade from my Klipsch Sub-12 to the PB12-NSD made a huge difference. It was very musical but could also go boom. From what I've read about the PB-1000 it has great power and also has a lot of attributes of a sealed enclosure. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Plus, SVS has the greatest customer service on the planet.
SB12-NSD on the truck for delivery today. Replacing a Polky PSW505, and I'm more nervous than I should be. For $150 new and shipped (One time only massive discount from Newegg.) this 505 has given me a lot of great music and thump for gaming. This is a very small room, so the SVS sub will be perfectly in the environment for a small, sealed sub. Yes, there's a bit of muddy bass in many recording played, but for about 75% of the time, it's a nice blend into these bookshelf speakers.

I guess a part of my apprehension is, if a sealed sub isn't my cup of tea, that I'll have to do some re-arrangement of furniture to get a PB-1000 or bigger to fit. Heh. Not exactly 3rd-world problems.

EDIT: Should have had more coffee before posting. The muddiness is from teh 505, since I haven't gotten the SB12 yet. D'oh.

i7-2600k @4.4ghz/gtx 780(stock clocks)/Samsung 830 @256gb/WD Veloc. 1TB/Sound via Sony 7.1ch cheapo/B&W 601se/KEF C-40(dual-8"driver mini-towers)/SVS SB12-NSD/FiiO E17 Alpen DAC/Audio Technica M50 headphones(never used! heheh)/Crossover 2560x1440 monitor
trog69 is offline  
post #17268 of 17278 Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM
Senior Member
 
KK in CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Yes sounds great btw don't worget to check on their web Outlet section they have many subs with little discount there, some have small scratch or dent some are 100% perfect.
Thanks. I chatted with a very helpful rep at SVS who recommended the PB-2000 for a significant improvement for my situation. I did check the outlet page but they didn't have any of those currently listed there. I have a little while before I'm really ready to make the purchase anyway.

Appreciate everyone's help.

KK in CT is offline  
post #17269 of 17278 Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 424
SVS posted a picture of my system on their Facebook news feed. Thought it was kinda cool. I quickly replied saying there has been a small upgrade since then hee hee.

https://www.facebook.com/SVSound?fref=nf

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is online now  
post #17270 of 17278 Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM
Member
 
Choppsho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/4511468127.html does anyone here know anything about this at all...I've been watching this sub for like 3 months now and it looks amazing...but how does it sound...it's over 2 hours away or I'd just audition it...does anyone have any info?
Choppsho is offline  
post #17271 of 17278 Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
Member
 
orcrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppsho View Post
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/4511468127.html does anyone here know anything about this at all...I've been watching this sub for like 3 months now and it looks amazing...but how does it sound...it's over 2 hours away or I'd just audition it...does anyone have any info?
I'd consider contacting SVS & see what they have to say.
orcrone is online now  
post #17272 of 17278 Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK in CT View Post
Thanks. I chatted with a very helpful rep at SVS who recommended the PB-2000 for a significant improvement for my situation. I did check the outlet page but they didn't have any of those currently listed there. I have a little while before I'm really ready to make the purchase anyway.

Appreciate everyone's help.
Perfect, so just check now and then before you make a purchase outlet section, it is a daily updated. You make right move with SVS.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's
Klipsch RC-62II
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
retro124 is online now  
post #17273 of 17278 Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
SVS posted a picture of my system on their Facebook news feed. Thought it was kinda cool. I quickly replied saying there has been a small upgrade since then hee hee.

https://www.facebook.com/SVSound?fref=nf
Yes it is nice picture but reason why is there is your SVS sorry to say that but they don't care much if they have there your RF-62II's or RF-7II's.
Maybe you need to try to do even better picture then last one and then you can have a chance to be there again.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's
Klipsch RC-62II
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
retro124 is online now  
post #17274 of 17278 Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Newbie
 
speedygreene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
I've been in contact with SVS throughout the day and sent them a video of the problem. They have been helpful and I'm confident that we will get it fixed or swapped.
Just saying HI Good to see a fellow Golden Triangle citizen

Pimpin is not dead women are just scared
speedygreene is offline  
post #17275 of 17278 Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM
Member
 
thisismyname123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppsho View Post
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/4511468127.html does anyone here know anything about this at all...I've been watching this sub for like 3 months now and it looks amazing...but how does it sound...it's over 2 hours away or I'd just audition it...does anyone have any info?
I'm about 3 miles from it....but just got 2 new PB-2000s
thisismyname123 is online now  
post #17276 of 17278 Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reference_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,857
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
SVS posted a picture of my system on their Facebook news feed. Thought it was kinda cool. I quickly replied saying there has been a small upgrade since then hee hee.

https://www.facebook.com/SVSound?fref=nf
That is a great pic even without the 7s. I'm sure plenty of people drool when they see it .
cchunter likes this.
Reference_head is online now  
post #17277 of 17278 Old Today, 11:57 AM
Member
 
trog69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: S. W. USA
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I've had the SB12-NSD hooked up and playing for about 8 of listening. I really didn't want to like this sub, once I first hooked it up as its replacement had been. But now that things are dialed in a bit better, this little dynamo is really impressing me. Coming from the Polk 505, the SVS sub really illustrates how much good-sounding bass I was missing. I am still working to make sure I give this sub a fair chance to convince me to keep it. Those who said I'd likely not get the thump I crave were right, but I have to admit that its growing on me. though it doesn't seem to have that sense of "pressurization" that gives the feeling of being at a live show, particularly the kick-drums. The 505 excelled at that, and it did have a lot of output even at low volume.

For gaming, the SB12 is a phenom. Mini-nukes in Fallout 3 gave me all the rumbling I needed, and sounded much more impactful than the 505, if that makes any sense. Going to go hear it in other games.

i7-2600k @4.4ghz/gtx 780(stock clocks)/Samsung 830 @256gb/WD Veloc. 1TB/Sound via Sony 7.1ch cheapo/B&W 601se/KEF C-40(dual-8"driver mini-towers)/SVS SB12-NSD/FiiO E17 Alpen DAC/Audio Technica M50 headphones(never used! heheh)/Crossover 2560x1440 monitor
trog69 is offline  
post #17278 of 17278 Old Today, 09:03 PM
Member
 
dprice18af's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I went to buy a PB1000 based on everyone's recommendation, but purchased a PB12NSD instead. The outlet had a sweet deal. I'm pretty sure I won't regret it. Thank you all for the advice! I think I will have plenty of headroom now.
dprice18af is online now  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Speaker Systems , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off