Jealous of my speakers?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17312 of 17327 Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just hooked up my SB1000 I got the other day and I'm amazed how great it sounds, very musical. I'm using it strictly for 2 channel. I have to find a permanent location for it. Here is a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SVS SB1000.jpg (185.2 KB, 33 views)
post #17313 of 17327 Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
So my understanding is that with my normal size living room, kinda on the small side naturally, a pb-1000 even with a helper sub or whatever it's sad purpose is called, would cause it to drown out? Im thinking about the 20hz to 30hz range. So I probably won't see 100db for most of the frequency span or the 99db at 20hz.

I guess it comes down to the fact Ive never experienced a decent sub to room size ratio I suppose. & You guys are trying to help me achieve reference levels. That's where I'm gonna have to take a hit. Will I be completely devoid of any solid bass or just under the reference line?

Last edited by jayeberg; Yesterday at 09:06 AM.
post #17314 of 17327 Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeberg View Post
So my understanding is that with my normal size living room, kinda on the small side naturally, a pb-1000 even with a helper sub or whatever it's sad purpose is called, would cause it to drown out? Im thinking about the 20hz to 30hz range. So I probably won't see 100db for most of the frequency span or the 99db at 20hz.

I guess it comes down to the fact Ive never experienced a decent sub to room size ratio I suppose. & You guys are trying to help me achieve reference levels. That's where I'm gonna have to take a hit. Will I be completely devoid of any solid bass or just under the reference line?
What kind of sub do you have now? Fairly happy with it? For music or movies? Both? Accuracy a big concern? Can you make room for dual subs?
post #17315 of 17327 Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM

Its a cheap package deal sub with not too shabby bass. Its a JBL SUB135. 100W RMS. 8inch down firing front ported. It is naturally enough to annoy my wife, and deliver some pleasing sonic frequencies when needed but by no means brag worthy. My avr supports 7.2 yes.

Aperion Audio 4t towers. Aperion Audio 5c center channel. Aperion Audio 4b rears. (In the market for me sub) Sony stn-1030.

Last edited by jayeberg; Yesterday at 09:54 AM. Reason: spelling
post #17316 of 17327 Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 52
For a strict $500 budget the PB-1000 should be great. The other sub can help smooth out the response you just have to able to properly place them both.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
post #17317 of 17327 Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Try the PB-1000 and see if it works for the space. It may.

fdsfds
post #17318 of 17327 Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
But 500 is a rock solid figure.
With that budget you can get a great sub for your space, but will need to buy one used. That's slightly low even for the SVS Outlet Specials where for an extra $29 you could get a choice of slightly damaged SB12-NSDs in Charcoal .

Each of my like new SB-1000s cost $325 from a seller on auction site Audiogon. You can get occasionally get good deals on SVS subs including older models which still perform well on Craigslist and don't forget the AVS Forum Classifieds for Audio Gear.
post #17319 of 17327 Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCxZ0 View Post
With that budget you can get a great sub for your space, but will need to buy one used. That's slightly low even for the SVS Outlet Specials where for an extra $29 you could get a choice of slightly damaged SB12-NSDs in Charcoal .

Each of my like new SB-1000s cost $325 from a seller on auction site Audiogon. You can get occasionally get good deals on SVS subs including older models which still perform well on Craigslist and don't forget the AVS Forum Classifieds for Audio Gear.
What happens to the warranty when you buy from a different seller or have aforementioned slight damage?
post #17320 of 17327 Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
What happens to the warranty when you buy from a different seller or have aforementioned slight damage?
I don't know in the case of buying from a private seller and don't see it addressed on the web site, but I believe that the original warranty transfers with the product. You should contact SVS, ask them and tell us the answer.

As it says in big letters at the top of the SVS Outlet Specials page, "EVEN BETTER VALUE, SAME AMAZING WARRANTY".

Last edited by AJCxZ0; Yesterday at 08:21 PM.
post #17321 of 17327 Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
I have just hooked and dialed in a new SB12-NSD from the outlet. Even though it was one of the $529 deals, the "damage" is almost invisible. Mine was one of the first, and so had less damage listed than the ones still up there, but the pictures show slight breakage int the screen holder cup. That is nothing. The grill still installs perfectly, and no one will ever see it.

I can't speak to the ability to fill your room plan, as I have mine in a very small bedroom. It is just lush and gorgeous bass, without making the shower stall doors rattle. Huge upgrade from the Polky 505 it replaced, and I really like the 505. I even enjoy the cliche; songs I didn't listen to very much are now sounding incredible.

i7-2600k @4.4ghz/gtx 780(stock clocks)/Samsung 830 @256gb/WD Veloc. 1TB/Sound via Sony 7.1ch cheapo/B&W 601se/KEF C-40(dual-8"driver mini-towers)/SVS SB12-NSD/FiiO E17 Alpen DAC/Audio Technica M50 headphones(never used! heheh)/Crossover 2560x1440 monitor
post #17322 of 17327 Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCxZ0 View Post
I don't know in the case of buying from a private seller and don't see it addressed on the web site, but I believe that the original warranty transfers with the product. You should contact SVS, ask them and tell us the answer.

As it says in bog letters at the top of the SVS Outlet Specials page, "EVEN BETTER VALUE, SAME AMAZING WARRANTY".
Noted. I was citing Audiogon purchases. The only issue with the upgrade to the 12 would be the WAF factor. Lol but its got my interest even though I'm going out on thin ice to buy a sub when the wife hates loud noises. (Am I correct to believe this is the case for most of us?) Lol.
post #17323 of 17327 Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
So today i poped in war of the worlds.the tom cruise version.I feel is the best version for sound.And as you all know i own the klipsch RF-7 II and the RC-64 II.And some of you do too and that's cool.But any who.I never really watched that film on my 3.0 setup yet.And i went to a part in the film when the robot's come's out of the ground for the first time.And the chruch is just ripped in half and the ground is all messed up.Let me tell you all.I played the scene on -10.00 dbs AND I JUST COULD NOT COULD NOT I MEAN COULD NOT EVEN LAST THAT LONG WITH THAT -10 .00 dbs On that sound level.While yes it SOUND'S AMAZING!!!!!! I just had to lower it because holy **** i thought i was going to damage the RF-7 II.iT WAS FOR SURE REFERENCE SOUND!!!And my parent's were not home so i had a blast i was thinking about uploading it to youtube.But idk about copy right law's.So yeah .The fact is really i dont own a svs pb13-ultra yet.And these speaker's sound LIKE I HAVE A NUKE IN MY BEDROOM.loland there so clear and warm and just wonderful on music and no matter what you listen on them there KICKASS!!!
retro124 likes this.
post #17324 of 17327 Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
So today i poped in war of the worlds.the tom cruise version.I feel is the best version for sound.And as you all know i own the klipsch RF-7 II and the RC-64 II.And some of you do too and that's cool.But any who.I never really watched that film on my 3.0 setup yet.And i went to a part in the film when the robot's come's out of the ground for the first time.And the chruch is just ripped in half and the ground is all messed up.Let me tell you all.I played the scene on -10.00 dbs AND I JUST COULD NOT COULD NOT I MEAN COULD NOT EVEN LAST THAT LONG WITH THAT -10 .00 dbs On that sound level.While yes it SOUND'S AMAZING!!!!!! I just had to lower it because holy **** i thought i was going to damage the RF-7 II.iT WAS FOR SURE REFERENCE SOUND!!!And my parent's were not home so i had a blast i was thinking about uploading it to youtube.But idk about copy right law's.So yeah .The fact is really i dont own a svs pb13-ultra yet.And these speaker's sound LIKE I HAVE A NUKE IN MY BEDROOM.loland there so clear and warm and just wonderful on music and no matter what you listen on them there KICKASS!!!
Need to watch that movie as you know I'm just step bellow from RF-7II but dual Pluses can do job as well also so I need to try it.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #17325 of 17327 Old Today, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Need to watch that movie as you know I'm just step bellow from RF-7II but dual Pluses can do job as well also so I need to try it.
My friend you are going to have on hell of a ride with that setup.No joke like i said i dont own my surround back yet nor a svs sub or any subwoofer at the moment.Just a 3.0 setup for right now.And holy crap i felt like i was in a movie theater allready.Klipsch RF-7 II are REFERENCE SOUND.So glad i own these bad boy's.I want to get a few amp's for them.
post #17326 of 17327 Old Today, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
My friend you are going to have on hell of a ride with that setup.No joke like i said i dont own my surround back yet nor a svs sub or any subwoofer at the moment.Just a 3.0 setup for right now.And holy crap i felt like i was in a movie theater allready.Klipsch RF-7 II are REFERENCE SOUND.So glad i own these bad boy's.I want to get a few amp's for them.
Oh I hope I will, will let you know. Your set up is amazing, RF-7II have a big woofers so bass from those is not bad at all for sure. You will get to the point when big boy sub will put your set up to next level so as pair or pair's of surrounds. What kind of AVR do you have?

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #17327 of 17327 Old Today, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Oh I hope I will, will let you know. Your set up is amazing, RF-7II have a big woofers so bass from those is not bad at all for sure. You will get to the point when big boy sub will put your set up to next level so as pair or pair's of surrounds. What kind of AVR do you have?
Right now i own a marantz SR7007.AV receiver.But it has the work's .It's marantz flagship receiver.It has 125 watts RMS ,Right now tho i have my RF-7 II BI-AMPED.I was told by klipsch and marantz that this should get me by for right now if i dont own a amplifier just yet.Not that the klipsch RF-7 II or RC-64 II NEED the power.Klipsch speaker and are not power hungry at all.Main reason why i bought them and the craftmenship on them are wonderful.Did you know klipsch is the only company in american that make there speakers still here in the good old USA.That make's me even happer that i own a product that is american stamped.I wish most of everythign we bought was made in america.Are american buck would be more stronger.But yeah,

What do you like about yoursetup.What stand's out most in your home theater setup the most.I been trying my best to save up the cash and buying a PB13-Ultra.I might just wait till winter time.Because i got alot of other thing's to do before the big beast show's up at my door step lol.and like you said and i agree with you the klipsch RF-7 II AND EVEN THE CENTER RC-64 II.Give off a really epic amount of nice bass,So that being said i might just buy my surround first then the PB13-Ultra last.We will see.I been saveing up the cash for about 5 or more month's now.I just been busy with paying bill's and student loan's.and i work a minmum wage job at the moment trying to get back into school.So yeah life get's in the way of my passion and more of a hobbie of home theater
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Speaker Systems , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page