Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 578 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17311 of 17948 Old 07-12-2014, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
fatbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 3,814
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 187
You could buy second hand

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

 

Jealous of my speakers?

fatbottom is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17312 of 17948 Old 07-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Senior Member
 
evan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just hooked up my SB1000 I got the other day and I'm amazed how great it sounds, very musical. I'm using it strictly for 2 channel. I have to find a permanent location for it. Here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SVS SB1000.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	157593  
evan1 is offline  
post #17313 of 17948 Old 07-12-2014, 09:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
So my understanding is that with my normal size living room, kinda on the small side naturally, a pb-1000 even with a helper sub or whatever it's sad purpose is called, would cause it to drown out? Im thinking about the 20hz to 30hz range. So I probably won't see 100db for most of the frequency span or the 99db at 20hz.

I guess it comes down to the fact Ive never experienced a decent sub to room size ratio I suppose. & You guys are trying to help me achieve reference levels. That's where I'm gonna have to take a hit. Will I be completely devoid of any solid bass or just under the reference line?

Last edited by jayeberg; 07-12-2014 at 09:06 AM.
jayeberg is offline  
post #17314 of 17948 Old 07-12-2014, 09:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,195
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeberg View Post
So my understanding is that with my normal size living room, kinda on the small side naturally, a pb-1000 even with a helper sub or whatever it's sad purpose is called, would cause it to drown out? Im thinking about the 20hz to 30hz range. So I probably won't see 100db for most of the frequency span or the 99db at 20hz.

I guess it comes down to the fact Ive never experienced a decent sub to room size ratio I suppose. & You guys are trying to help me achieve reference levels. That's where I'm gonna have to take a hit. Will I be completely devoid of any solid bass or just under the reference line?
What kind of sub do you have now? Fairly happy with it? For music or movies? Both? Accuracy a big concern? Can you make room for dual subs?
Bond 007 is online now  
post #17315 of 17948 Old 07-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Its a cheap package deal sub with not too shabby bass. Its a JBL SUB135. 100W RMS. 8inch down firing front ported. It is naturally enough to annoy my wife, and deliver some pleasing sonic frequencies when needed but by no means brag worthy. My avr supports 7.2 yes.

Aperion Audio 4t towers. Aperion Audio 5c center channel. Aperion Audio 4b rears. (In the market for me sub) Sony stn-1030.

Last edited by jayeberg; 07-12-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: spelling
jayeberg is offline  
post #17316 of 17948 Old 07-12-2014, 12:47 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 60
For a strict $500 budget the PB-1000 should be great. The other sub can help smooth out the response you just have to able to properly place them both.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, 65VT50
mnc is offline  
post #17317 of 17948 Old 07-12-2014, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
Tom Riddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lumberton, TX
Posts: 600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Try the PB-1000 and see if it works for the space. It may.

fdsfds
Tom Riddle is offline  
post #17318 of 17948 Old 07-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Senior Member
 
AJCxZ0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia, U.S.A.
Posts: 214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeberg View Post
But 500 is a rock solid figure.
With that budget you can get a great sub for your space, but will need to buy one used. That's slightly low even for the SVS Outlet Specials where for an extra $29 you could get a choice of slightly damaged SB12-NSDs in Charcoal .

Each of my like new SB-1000s cost $325 from a seller on auction site Audiogon. You can get occasionally get good deals on SVS subs including older models which still perform well on Craigslist and don't forget the AVS Forum Classifieds for Audio Gear.
AJCxZ0 is offline  
post #17319 of 17948 Old 07-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCxZ0 View Post
With that budget you can get a great sub for your space, but will need to buy one used. That's slightly low even for the SVS Outlet Specials where for an extra $29 you could get a choice of slightly damaged SB12-NSDs in Charcoal .

Each of my like new SB-1000s cost $325 from a seller on auction site Audiogon. You can get occasionally get good deals on SVS subs including older models which still perform well on Craigslist and don't forget the AVS Forum Classifieds for Audio Gear.
What happens to the warranty when you buy from a different seller or have aforementioned slight damage?
jayeberg is offline  
post #17320 of 17948 Old 07-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Senior Member
 
AJCxZ0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia, U.S.A.
Posts: 214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeberg View Post
What happens to the warranty when you buy from a different seller or have aforementioned slight damage?
I don't know in the case of buying from a private seller and don't see it addressed on the web site, but I believe that the original warranty transfers with the product. You should contact SVS, ask them and tell us the answer.

As it says in big letters at the top of the SVS Outlet Specials page, "EVEN BETTER VALUE, SAME AMAZING WARRANTY".

Last edited by AJCxZ0; 07-12-2014 at 08:21 PM.
AJCxZ0 is offline  
post #17321 of 17948 Old 07-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Member
 
trog69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: S. W. USA
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeberg View Post
What happens to the warranty when you buy from a different seller or have aforementioned slight damage?
I have just hooked and dialed in a new SB12-NSD from the outlet. Even though it was one of the $529 deals, the "damage" is almost invisible. Mine was one of the first, and so had less damage listed than the ones still up there, but the pictures show slight breakage int the screen holder cup. That is nothing. The grill still installs perfectly, and no one will ever see it.

I can't speak to the ability to fill your room plan, as I have mine in a very small bedroom. It is just lush and gorgeous bass, without making the shower stall doors rattle. Huge upgrade from the Polky 505 it replaced, and I really like the 505. I even enjoy the cliche; songs I didn't listen to very much are now sounding incredible.

i7-2600k @4.4ghz/gtx 780(stock clocks)/Samsung 830 @256gb/WD Veloc. 1TB/Sound via Sony 7.1ch cheapo/B&W 601se/KEF C-40(dual-8"driver mini-towers)/(arriving soon)SVS PB-1000 sub/FiiO E17 Alpen DAC/Audio Technica M50 headphones(never used! heheh)/Crossover 2560x1440 monitor
trog69 is offline  
post #17322 of 17948 Old 07-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCxZ0 View Post
I don't know in the case of buying from a private seller and don't see it addressed on the web site, but I believe that the original warranty transfers with the product. You should contact SVS, ask them and tell us the answer.

As it says in bog letters at the top of the SVS Outlet Specials page, "EVEN BETTER VALUE, SAME AMAZING WARRANTY".
Noted. I was citing Audiogon purchases. The only issue with the upgrade to the 12 would be the WAF factor. Lol but its got my interest even though I'm going out on thin ice to buy a sub when the wife hates loud noises. (Am I correct to believe this is the case for most of us?) Lol.
jayeberg is offline  
post #17323 of 17948 Old 07-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 35
So today i poped in war of the worlds.the tom cruise version.I feel is the best version for sound.And as you all know i own the klipsch RF-7 II and the RC-64 II.And some of you do too and that's cool.But any who.I never really watched that film on my 3.0 setup yet.And i went to a part in the film when the robot's come's out of the ground for the first time.And the chruch is just ripped in half and the ground is all messed up.Let me tell you all.I played the scene on -10.00 dbs AND I JUST COULD NOT COULD NOT I MEAN COULD NOT EVEN LAST THAT LONG WITH THAT -10 .00 dbs On that sound level.While yes it SOUND'S AMAZING!!!!!! I just had to lower it because holy **** i thought i was going to damage the RF-7 II.iT WAS FOR SURE REFERENCE SOUND!!!And my parent's were not home so i had a blast i was thinking about uploading it to youtube.But idk about copy right law's.So yeah .The fact is really i dont own a svs pb13-ultra yet.And these speaker's sound LIKE I HAVE A NUKE IN MY BEDROOM.loland there so clear and warm and just wonderful on music and no matter what you listen on them there KICKASS!!!
retro124 likes this.
joseph10704 is offline  
post #17324 of 17948 Old 07-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 981
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
So today i poped in war of the worlds.the tom cruise version.I feel is the best version for sound.And as you all know i own the klipsch RF-7 II and the RC-64 II.And some of you do too and that's cool.But any who.I never really watched that film on my 3.0 setup yet.And i went to a part in the film when the robot's come's out of the ground for the first time.And the chruch is just ripped in half and the ground is all messed up.Let me tell you all.I played the scene on -10.00 dbs AND I JUST COULD NOT COULD NOT I MEAN COULD NOT EVEN LAST THAT LONG WITH THAT -10 .00 dbs On that sound level.While yes it SOUND'S AMAZING!!!!!! I just had to lower it because holy **** i thought i was going to damage the RF-7 II.iT WAS FOR SURE REFERENCE SOUND!!!And my parent's were not home so i had a blast i was thinking about uploading it to youtube.But idk about copy right law's.So yeah .The fact is really i dont own a svs pb13-ultra yet.And these speaker's sound LIKE I HAVE A NUKE IN MY BEDROOM.loland there so clear and warm and just wonderful on music and no matter what you listen on them there KICKASS!!!
Need to watch that movie as you know I'm just step bellow from RF-7II but dual Pluses can do job as well also so I need to try it.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17325 of 17948 Old 07-13-2014, 07:42 AM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Need to watch that movie as you know I'm just step bellow from RF-7II but dual Pluses can do job as well also so I need to try it.
My friend you are going to have on hell of a ride with that setup.No joke like i said i dont own my surround back yet nor a svs sub or any subwoofer at the moment.Just a 3.0 setup for right now.And holy crap i felt like i was in a movie theater allready.Klipsch RF-7 II are REFERENCE SOUND.So glad i own these bad boy's.I want to get a few amp's for them.
joseph10704 is offline  
post #17326 of 17948 Old 07-13-2014, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 981
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
My friend you are going to have on hell of a ride with that setup.No joke like i said i dont own my surround back yet nor a svs sub or any subwoofer at the moment.Just a 3.0 setup for right now.And holy crap i felt like i was in a movie theater allready.Klipsch RF-7 II are REFERENCE SOUND.So glad i own these bad boy's.I want to get a few amp's for them.
Oh I hope I will, will let you know. Your set up is amazing, RF-7II have a big woofers so bass from those is not bad at all for sure. You will get to the point when big boy sub will put your set up to next level so as pair or pair's of surrounds. What kind of AVR do you have?

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17327 of 17948 Old 07-13-2014, 09:27 AM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Oh I hope I will, will let you know. Your set up is amazing, RF-7II have a big woofers so bass from those is not bad at all for sure. You will get to the point when big boy sub will put your set up to next level so as pair or pair's of surrounds. What kind of AVR do you have?
Right now i own a marantz SR7007.AV receiver.But it has the work's .It's marantz flagship receiver.It has 125 watts RMS ,Right now tho i have my RF-7 II BI-AMPED.I was told by klipsch and marantz that this should get me by for right now if i dont own a amplifier just yet.Not that the klipsch RF-7 II or RC-64 II NEED the power.Klipsch speaker and are not power hungry at all.Main reason why i bought them and the craftmenship on them are wonderful.Did you know klipsch is the only company in american that make there speakers still here in the good old USA.That make's me even happer that i own a product that is american stamped.I wish most of everythign we bought was made in america.Are american buck would be more stronger.But yeah,

What do you like about yoursetup.What stand's out most in your home theater setup the most.I been trying my best to save up the cash and buying a PB13-Ultra.I might just wait till winter time.Because i got alot of other thing's to do before the big beast show's up at my door step lol.and like you said and i agree with you the klipsch RF-7 II AND EVEN THE CENTER RC-64 II.Give off a really epic amount of nice bass,So that being said i might just buy my surround first then the PB13-Ultra last.We will see.I been saveing up the cash for about 5 or more month's now.I just been busy with paying bill's and student loan's.and i work a minmum wage job at the moment trying to get back into school.So yeah life get's in the way of my passion and more of a hobbie of home theater
joseph10704 is offline  
post #17328 of 17948 Old 07-13-2014, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 981
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
Right now i own a marantz SR7007.AV receiver.But it has the work's .It's marantz flagship receiver.It has 125 watts RMS ,Right now tho i have my RF-7 II BI-AMPED.I was told by klipsch and marantz that this should get me by for right now if i dont own a amplifier just yet.Not that the klipsch RF-7 II or RC-64 II NEED the power.Klipsch speaker and are not power hungry at all.Main reason why i bought them and the craftmenship on them are wonderful.Did you know klipsch is the only company in american that make there speakers still here in the good old USA.That make's me even happer that i own a product that is american stamped.I wish most of everythign we bought was made in america.Are american buck would be more stronger.But yeah,

What do you like about yoursetup.What stand's out most in your home theater setup the most.I been trying my best to save up the cash and buying a PB13-Ultra.I might just wait till winter time.Because i got alot of other thing's to do before the big beast show's up at my door step lol.and like you said and i agree with you the klipsch RF-7 II AND EVEN THE CENTER RC-64 II.Give off a really epic amount of nice bass,So that being said i might just buy my surround first then the PB13-Ultra last.We will see.I been saveing up the cash for about 5 or more month's now.I just been busy with paying bill's and student loan's.and i work a minmum wage job at the moment trying to get back into school.So yeah life get's in the way of my passion and more of a hobbie of home theater
We have similar receivers your receiver is like my Denon X4000. Like you said Klipsch speakers are very easy to drive so in your case external amp will be last thing on the list ( at least for me). If I'm you I will get first surrounds and then sub all before external amp. Surrounds is definitely very important add to the HT system so as a good sub.
In your case I will get surrounds sooner then sub, it is cheaper and your towers can do fine without sub for some time.But maybe you will find a good deal on sub and all can change quickly .
It is hard to tell what stand's out most. If I watch action movie or listen Rock music subs stand's out for sure. On other movies when is not that much bass used 5 speaker set is nice to have. I like whole thing as package, definitely dual SVS sub are a huge Plus so i don't need to push any bass from towers. Whole package now match perfect!!!!
I'm still looking in future to add front heights and another surrounds pair, so I will need some extra amp.
I like (EmotivaXPA-3) it will do nice work with 3 main speakers. I want to hook it to my towers and center and then rest of the speakers will drive Denon.
Cheaper option will be to have extra amp just for maybe front heights and rest driven from receiver but I like idea of Emotiva XPA-3 to drive towers and center more, not sure if will give me any benefits or not.
But for now I'm set only if I will see some good deal I will jump on it but some other things needs to be done first before my HT will grow more .

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17329 of 17948 Old 07-13-2014, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RapalloAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 1,801
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Four SVS PB13-ULTRA install

Not sure if you guys had seen the four PB13-Ultras I just installed in my 12 seat cinema in NZ.


I did the EQ today for my four PB13-Ultras. Ed Mullen from SVS suggested I try a front placement of two placed to the side walls and the other two at 1/3 placements.The four subs must be spot on with Eds suggestion, the audio is “out of this world”
The bass over all 12 seats is really even, difficult to achieve with just one sub. It’s hard to describe and put into words, but the bass is very refined, even, sophisticated and elegant are how I would now describe it. But the power within the room is astronomical to say the least!
When required, the four PB13-Ultras go DEEP like I have never heard before, for movies they are explosive and in parts almost frightening!
The overall bass within the room is never tiring, its remarkable and beautiful to listen to. I’m going back over all my Blurays and discovering wonderful bass like never before. There is no sense of bloated, boomy or crude sounding bass, clean is me best description.
It was a gamble….. I never knew what the four PB13Us might sound like compared to the one I had been running for the last month. All I can say it’s well worth going the extra mile if you can, two subs is better than one, and four is better still!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10275410_835888946429287_4221742555420118401_o.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	160001   Click image for larger version

Name:	10454201_835888503095998_4597304666340441979_o.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	160009   Click image for larger version

Name:	10459105_835888476429334_6695379817247605422_o.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	160017   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0453.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	160025   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0451.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	160033  

Kini62, neutro, cchunter and 2 others like this.

Murray Thompson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Last edited by RapalloAV; 07-13-2014 at 08:29 PM.
RapalloAV is offline  
post #17330 of 17948 Old 07-13-2014, 09:30 PM
Member
 
Rgdeuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The desert
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeberg View Post
Greetings SVS owners,

I've owned a decent Aperion system the last few years and then my sub (10d) died on me.

I'm wondering if uou guys could help me finalize a decision on a sub...

I've spent all day and night so far researching and have come rest at the SVS PB-1000.

I read this link and some of Jim Wilson's reviews as well.

http://www.audioholics.com/how-to-sh...woofer-roundup

Anything hit the markets recently I should know about? Or am I good with this choice.

Room is 16x20x8
The pb1000 will be fine in a 2500 cubic foot room dude unless you have crazy expectations or are a bass head. I'm sure the friendly guys at svs would tell u the same, especially considering your set in stone budget. Plus u said you have a baby on the way? So that's two plus years where you likely won't be able to crank things up anyway (depending on where your HT is).
jayeberg likes this.
Rgdeuce is offline  
post #17331 of 17948 Old 07-14-2014, 04:25 AM
Senior Member
 
tang7969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tonawanda NY
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post
Not sure if you guys had seen the four PB13-Ultras I just installed in my 12 seat cinema in NZ.


I did the EQ today for my four PB13-Ultras. Ed Mullen from SVS suggested I try a front placement of two placed to the side walls and the other two at 1/3 placements.The four subs must be spot on with Eds suggestion, the audio is “out of this world”
The bass over all 12 seats is really even, difficult to achieve with just one sub. It’s hard to describe and put into words, but the bass is very refined, even, sophisticated and elegant are how I would now describe it. But the power within the room is astronomical to say the least!
When required, the four PB13-Ultras go DEEP like I have never heard before, for movies they are explosive and in parts almost frightening!
The overall bass within the room is never tiring, its remarkable and beautiful to listen to. I’m going back over all my Blurays and discovering wonderful bass like never before. There is no sense of bloated, boomy or crude sounding bass, clean is me best description.
It was a gamble….. I never knew what the four PB13Us might sound like compared to the one I had been running for the last month. All I can say it’s well worth going the extra mile if you can, two subs is better than one, and four is better still!
Ok just a question that may be stupid Why are the ports on the opposite side??

-46" SAMSUNG-ENERGY RC-50'S-ENERGY RC-LCR-ENERGY RC-10'S-PSA XV15se-PIONEER ELITE SC-25-OPPO BDP 103D
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tang7969 is offline  
post #17332 of 17948 Old 07-14-2014, 04:56 AM
Member
 
thisismyname123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgdeuce View Post
The pb1000 will be fine in a 2500 cubic foot room dude unless you have crazy expectations or are a bass head. I'm sure the friendly guys at svs would tell u the same, especially considering your set in stone budget. Plus u said you have a baby on the way? So that's two plus years where you likely won't be able to crank things up anyway (depending on where your HT is).
Similar situation here....but just upgraded to dual PB-2000s, and I like to listen at very high volumes. Baby #1 on the way so I'm getting as much use out of everything now while I can!!
retro124 and jayeberg like this.
thisismyname123 is offline  
post #17333 of 17948 Old 07-14-2014, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 981
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post
Not sure if you guys had seen the four PB13-Ultras I just installed in my 12 seat cinema in NZ.


I did the EQ today for my four PB13-Ultras. Ed Mullen from SVS suggested I try a front placement of two placed to the side walls and the other two at 1/3 placements.The four subs must be spot on with Eds suggestion, the audio is “out of this world”
The bass over all 12 seats is really even, difficult to achieve with just one sub. It’s hard to describe and put into words, but the bass is very refined, even, sophisticated and elegant are how I would now describe it. But the power within the room is astronomical to say the least!
When required, the four PB13-Ultras go DEEP like I have never heard before, for movies they are explosive and in parts almost frightening!
The overall bass within the room is never tiring, its remarkable and beautiful to listen to. I’m going back over all my Blurays and discovering wonderful bass like never before. There is no sense of bloated, boomy or crude sounding bass, clean is me best description.
It was a gamble….. I never knew what the four PB13Us might sound like compared to the one I had been running for the last month. All I can say it’s well worth going the extra mile if you can, two subs is better than one, and four is better still!
Amazing set up!!!! I saw you pictures on FB when cchunter find his great picture oh his speakers and sub on SVS FB and send us a link.
What I can say is just WOW, enjoy tour new subs!!!!

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17334 of 17948 Old 07-14-2014, 07:36 AM
Member
 
Rgdeuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The desert
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyname123 View Post
Similar situation here....but just upgraded to dual PB-2000s, and I like to listen at very high volumes. Baby #1 on the way so I'm getting as much use out of everything now while I can!!
Congrats. Yea get in as much as you can now. We are working on #2 right now, so I too am enjoying as much as I can. You will figure out ways in the first few years, when baby and mommy are at the grocery store, bday parties, etc, perfect time to throw on a loud movie.
Rgdeuce is offline  
post #17335 of 17948 Old 07-14-2014, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 981
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyname123 View Post
Similar situation here....but just upgraded to dual PB-2000s, and I like to listen at very high volumes. Baby #1 on the way so I'm getting as much use out of everything now while I can!!
This is like mine story. My wife is pregnat first baby on the way so I want to enjoy as much as I can now .
Congrats to both!!!
Rgdeuce likes this.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17336 of 17948 Old 07-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Hockeypucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post
Ok just a question that may be stupid Why are the ports on the opposite side??
Not on opposite side, they are laying "sideways" instead of "right side up" but there's really no specific way a sub should rest. Though I wouldn't want to put my cylinders on their sides
Hockeypucks is online now  
post #17337 of 17948 Old 07-14-2014, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RapalloAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 1,801
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypucks View Post
Not on opposite side, they are laying "sideways" instead of "right side up" but there's really no specific way a sub should rest. Though I wouldn't want to put my cylinders on their sides

There is a reason for the subs being on there sides, the will slide under the stage area this way as they fit. Standing up the right way they do not fit.

Murray Thompson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RapalloAV is offline  
post #17338 of 17948 Old 07-14-2014, 01:07 PM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
We have similar receivers your receiver is like my Denon X4000. Like you said Klipsch speakers are very easy to drive so in your case external amp will be last thing on the list ( at least for me). If I'm you I will get first surrounds and then sub all before external amp. Surrounds is definitely very important add to the HT system so as a good sub.
In your case I will get surrounds sooner then sub, it is cheaper and your towers can do fine without sub for some time.But maybe you will find a good deal on sub and all can change quickly .
It is hard to tell what stand's out most. If I watch action movie or listen Rock music subs stand's out for sure. On other movies when is not that much bass used 5 speaker set is nice to have. I like whole thing as package, definitely dual SVS sub are a huge Plus so i don't need to push any bass from towers. Whole package now match perfect!!!!
I'm still looking in future to add front heights and another surrounds pair, so I will need some extra amp.
I like (EmotivaXPA-3) it will do nice work with 3 main speakers. I want to hook it to my towers and center and then rest of the speakers will drive Denon.
Cheaper option will be to have extra amp just for maybe front heights and rest driven from receiver but I like idea of Emotiva XPA-3 to drive towers and center more, not sure if will give me any benefits or not.
But for now I'm set only if I will see some good deal I will jump on it but some other things needs to be done first before my HT will grow more .
Yeah denon is a wonderful company.Yeah i mean i think that is the goal to by my surround first because i will be real the RF-7 II has a enought bass for the time being.That i kinda am not in a big big rush to get a subwoofer just yet.And the real truth is i got bill's to pay.And i am about to start up collage up again at the end of augest.So i need to save every penny i can .But i will try my best to put money away fro the surround's.I was told by the dealer were i got my RF-7 II and RC-64 II from.He said that i can get a pair of RS-62 II for $800 buck's for the pair.free shipping and zero tax.So yeah hopeing i can get on to that deal around or before the winter time who know's.

As for amp's i mean i am not really in a rush as we agree klipsch speaker's are good on mostly anything you throw on to them.I too was thinking about the emotiva XPA-3 or even a XPA-5.But yeah money is tight and i need to save every penny i can get.I pay almost 300 a month when i travel to get to school back and fourth.So yeah not even paying what i need to pay out of pocket to the school.It's not easy.

But really i would be really happy is if could get my surround the whole time i am in school and save up some cash even if it take me till the end of 2014 beging 2015.I just pray klipsch does not make a new batch of reference speaker's.There is rumor's going around that they are but who know's.
joseph10704 is offline  
post #17339 of 17948 Old 07-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeberg View Post
What happens to the warranty when you buy from a different seller or have aforementioned slight damage?
I know for audio receivers warranty only applies to the original owner. I'm not 100% sure but I feel pretty comfortable saying once you sell your SVS, a second hand SVS is not covered under their warranty. This is why I always buy receivers and high end speakers and subs new, directly from authorized sellers.
jayeberg likes this.

Sony KDL-70R550A (passive 3D tv)
Denon x4000 (amazing sound correcting software)
Klipsch RF-62IIs (amazing horns)
Klipsch RC-62II (so clear)
Klipsch RS-41IIs (so full)
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d (so boom)
Teremei is online now  
post #17340 of 17948 Old 07-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Hockeypucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
I know for audio receivers warranty only applies to the original owner. I'm not 100% sure but I feel pretty comfortable saying once you sell your SVS, a second hand SVS is not covered under their warranty. This is why I always buy receivers and high end speakers and subs new, directly from authorized sellers.
I asked SVS about this when I was selling my PB-2000s and they said they will honor the 5 year warranty regardless of who owns the sub. It goes by serial number and starts from the original delivery date of the sub, so anyone buying a used sub that's less than 5 years old is covered. Very good to know.
trog69 and jayeberg like this.
Hockeypucks is online now  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off