post #17371 of 17393 Old 07-18-2014, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I know I read it so I want to support it it is all truth!!!!

lflorack is gonna be way happy when he pulls the trigger.

no matter which svs scenario he pulls the trigger on and you and i can pat ourselves on our back.
retro124 likes this.

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17372 of 17393 Old 07-18-2014, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post
WRONG!!!!!

If you like to listen loud do not change for the baby.

They will adjust ASAP.

Big new parent mistake being quite for a kid to sleep.
Actually I've been good about this! I try to keep the volume up during movies and so far have generally been okay. My 4 month old typically will sleep through movies at this point.
eljr likes this.

AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP Tek e55ti, Center- EMP Tek e56ci, Side Surrounds- EMP Tek e55wi, Rear Surrounds- KLH 911b, Sub- SVS PC12 Plus
TV: Panasonic 50VT25
Blu-Ray Player:Samsung BD-EM59C;
Playstation 4, Apple TV, Harmony Remote
post #17373 of 17393 Old 07-18-2014, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
So today i said to myself.I feel it's better for right now to buy my surround's.For my klipsch RF-7 II and RC-64 II setup i own right now.The main reason i bought my suround;s first over the svs pb-13 Ultra.Is because really the Klipsch RF-7 II produce a BIG AMOUNT OF BASS so far in my room that haveing a subwoofer at this moment is not a waste of money or time.But it make's my life a litte easy knowing now i can just start saveing up for the big beast of them all the SVS PB13-ULTRA.It's that saying save the best for last.Oh yeah so that's the goal.I hope i can get me a ultra around xmas time.Infact i am kinda worried about ordeing on around xmas time with all the CRAZY CRAZY SHOPPPING sale's online.And idk yeah lol.All in all my Klipsch RS-62 II should be in by next week.I already place a order of monoprice 16 AWG speaker wire and i got me a subwoofer cable too for The ultra when the time's does come.Stay tuned for some pic's when the time does come.When i get my surround's in.I cant wait finally surround sound all around my room.
post #17374 of 17393 Old 07-18-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
So today i said to myself.I feel it's better for right now to buy my surround's.For my klipsch RF-7 II and RC-64 II setup i own right now.The main reason i bought my suround;s first over the svs pb-13 Ultra.Is because really the Klipsch RF-7 II produce a BIG AMOUNT OF BASS so far in my room that haveing a subwoofer at this moment is not a waste of money or time.But it make's my life a litte easy knowing now i can just start saveing up for the big beast of them all the SVS PB13-ULTRA.It's that saying save the best for last.Oh yeah so that's the goal.I hope i can get me a ultra around xmas time.Infact i am kinda worried about ordeing on around xmas time with all the CRAZY CRAZY SHOPPPING sale's online.And idk yeah lol.All in all my Klipsch RS-62 II should be in by next week.I already place a order of monoprice 16 AWG speaker wire and i got me a subwoofer cable too for The ultra when the time's does come.Stay tuned for some pic's when the time does come.When i get my surround's in.I cant wait finally surround sound all around my room.
I'd get no smaller than 14AWG. 12AWG would be my choice.
post #17375 of 17393 Old 07-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
You did good. Surrounds will do great for your set up it will move all what you have to next level. I'm still very excited about mine surrounds!!!!

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #17376 of 17393 Old 07-18-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
You did good. Surrounds will do great for your set up it will move all what you have to next level. I'm still very excited about mine surrounds!!!!
Yeah man i had to buy these surround first before i bought the big beast itself.Beside's it's put's my mind is a state of mind were now i cna just put cash ashide for the ultra.And not have to wrry about anything else in the home theater but that one thing jsutthe subwoofer now.And yeah i cant wait to get these surround's in .Watching transformer's and alot of other fantastic blockbuster film's.NEED'S SURROUND'S.in the home theater.I just cant wait to here what the whole setup is going to sound like next week.And in the comeing month's when i get the rest of the cash for the ultra i am going to trying and do a test with the bass and with out the bass.See if there is going to be a big punch of detail.I know there is but yeah lol.
post #17377 of 17393 Old 07-19-2014, 04:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Finally got around to running Audyssey and did some more tests with my new PB13 Ultra. I can't believe how awesome this thing is in my 4000 cubic foot room. It is able to produce chest thumping bass so well and I believe the sub isn't even trying. I'm pretty sure it asked me, "is that all you've got!?" The opening scene in Dark Knight Rises was so amazing, I watched it five times. This sub brought out some rattles I didn't have before that I need to fix! Amazing! Glad my PB12-Plus was broken so I could talk the wife into this monster.
cchunter and joseph10704 like this.

fdsfds
post #17378 of 17393 Old 07-19-2014, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 20
After our conversation of yesterday (thanks for the encouragement, etc.) , I did some more emailing with Ed Mullen. After some more research and thought -- As of a few minutes ago, I purchased a piano black SB13-Ultra with the isolation feet. It should be here mid-next week. Woohoo! I'll let everyone know when I get it set up.
eljr, mlmcgahee, mikeee1 and 1 others like this.

My System Diagram: Here System Pix: Here

(1) Yamaha RX-A2010

(2) Klipsch RF-83

(1) Klipsch RC-64

(1) Klipsch RSW-10d

(2) Klipsch RVX-54

(2) Klipsch RSX-5

(See Links Above for Full Info)

post #17379 of 17393 Old 07-19-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by lflorack View Post
After our conversation of yesterday (thanks for the encouragement, etc.) , I did some more emailing with Ed Mullen. After some more research and thought -- As of a few minutes ago, I purchased a piano black SB13-Ultra with the isolation feet. It should be here mid-next week. Woohoo! I'll let everyone know when I get it set up.
good stuff!

Here is a pic of the two I use (for now) in my office 2 channel system.

I am very happy with the sound they produce.
lflorack, mikeee1 and retro124 like this.

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
post #17380 of 17393 Old 07-19-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post
good stuff!

Here is a pic of the two I use (for now) in my office 2 channel system.

[snip]

I am very happy with the sound they produce.

Wow! Beautiful setup! I can't even imagine how those two sound together! Very nice!

(1) Yamaha RX-A2010

(2) Klipsch RF-83

(1) Klipsch RC-64

(1) Klipsch RSW-10d

(2) Klipsch RVX-54

(2) Klipsch RSX-5

post #17381 of 17393 Old 07-19-2014, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Congrats, you will love SVS sub no question about it!!!!

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #17382 of 17393 Old 07-19-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Turn it up so I can hear it here in Buffalo.
post #17383 of 17393 Old 07-19-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
Finally got around to running Audyssey and did some more tests with my new PB13 Ultra. I can't believe how awesome this thing is in my 4000 cubic foot room. It is able to produce chest thumping bass so well and I believe the sub isn't even trying. I'm pretty sure it asked me, "is that all you've got!?" The opening scene in Dark Knight Rises was so amazing, I watched it five times. This sub brought out some rattles I didn't have before that I need to fix! Amazing! Glad my PB12-Plus was broken so I could talk the wife into this monster.
Makes me wish i could just drop down a credit line and buy this sub in full with a credit card..But i am the kind of guy who say's if i want something then i save my cash up and i get what i want.I dont let anything stop me from getting what i want.And i really really would like tog et this PB13-ULTRA TODAY .But yeah it's going to have to wait a little more.
post #17384 of 17393 Old 07-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 78
SVS PC-12 Plus Parametric EQ

As above, does anyone have any experience with the EQ available on the Plus's? I'm wondering how successful people have been taming room responses with them (I'm considering getting one). From what I can tell you can apply boost and smooth peak's with it at certain frequencies? - and if so, is there a limit? for instance, can I set 3 different changes? eg smooth at 30hz, boost at 45, boost at 60? (just an example )

Thanks in advance!

post #17385 of 17393 Old 07-19-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Turn it up so I can hear it here in Buffalo.
I'll see what I can do! ;-)

(1) Yamaha RX-A2010

(2) Klipsch RF-83

(1) Klipsch RC-64

(1) Klipsch RSW-10d

(2) Klipsch RVX-54

(2) Klipsch RSX-5

post #17386 of 17393 Old 07-19-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Congrats, you will love SVS sub no question about it!!!!

Thanks very much. I'm sure I will!

(1) Yamaha RX-A2010

(2) Klipsch RF-83

(1) Klipsch RC-64

(1) Klipsch RSW-10d

(2) Klipsch RVX-54

(2) Klipsch RSX-5

post #17387 of 17393 Old 07-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Makes me wish i could just drop down a credit line and buy this sub in full with a credit card..But i am the kind of guy who say's if i want something then i save my cash up and i get what i want.I dont let anything stop me from getting what i want.And i really really would like tog et this PB13-ULTRA TODAY .But yeah it's going to have to wait a little more.
That's the smart thing to do and the wait will be worth it. I've built my home theater over the course of 11 years. My first home theater system was a Koss 6.1 HTIB that I bought when I was 20. It had a passive sub that I put next to my couch and thought it was great. Then I bought a real system and it just grew from there. Now to convince my wife I need a second PB13 Ultra. Lol!
joseph10704 likes this.

fdsfds
post #17388 of 17393 Old 07-20-2014, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Hello,

I'm not an SVS owner yet but I probably will be fairly soon and would appreciate your input that may help me get there. First, here's the pertinent components of my 7.1 system:

(1) Yamaha RX-A2010
(2) Klipsch RF-83
(1) Klipsch RC-64
(2) Klipsch RVX-54
(2) Klipsch RSX-5
(1) Klipsch RSW-10d

Also, my room is 20' x 20' with a 12' cathedral ceiling and about 8' on two sides. I did a quick calculation and it came out to about a 4000 cubic foot space.

My current sub is surprisingly good for its size, but it's obviously the weakest link in my system. I'm looking to buy an SVS SB13-Ultra to either replace the current sub -- or more likely (if it's a good idea) to use both the SB13-Ultra and the RSW-10d. I'm going to call/chat with SVS later today but would also like input from current owners too. Here's are my questions:

1. Your thoughts and opinions about the SB13-Ultra in general
  2. Your thoughts and opinions about the SB13-Ultra in my system
  3. Your thoughts and opinions about using both the SB13 and RSW-10d together.
  4. Thoughts of a different sub?

Thanks!
----
Forgot a couple of things:
System Usage: 40% TV; 30% Movies; 30% Music
The room has 16' of windows/glass on each of three walls and an opening into the kitchen/dining area on the other (see picture links below)
who makes your av cabinet and are you using an ir repater, your room looks outstanding but is there a lot of glare on your tv screen ?
post #17389 of 17393 Old 07-20-2014, 04:26 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Spamilton View Post
As above, does anyone have any experience with the EQ available on the Plus's? I'm wondering how successful people have been taming room responses with them (I'm considering getting one). From what I can tell you can apply boost and smooth peak's with it at certain frequencies? - and if so, is there a limit? for instance, can I set 3 different changes? eg smooth at 30hz, boost at 45, boost at 60? (just an example )

Thanks in advance!
The PC12+ comes with two PEQ settings ... you can either reduce peaks by 12db or boost nulls by 3db. The limit of 3db for boosting is a safeguard for the sub, so as not to overtax the amp.

Therefore, the PEQ is most effective in taming peaks, which IMO are more difficult to live with than the nulls.

PEQ also has a Bandwidth control, labeled "Q", affecting the width of the PEQ cut or boost.

The Frequency control, labeled "FREQ", selects the center frequency where the adjustment will take place ( 31, 35, 40, 46, 50, 56, 63, 70, 80, 90, 100, 112, and 125hz ), before setting the desired "Q" width.

My son also has a PC12+ and after running REW, was able to address two peaks rather successfully.

He'll be visiting here in a few weeks and bring his REW gear with him to measure my room ... I just re-ran my Audyssey XT a week ago, so we'll measure the sub's output with Audyssey engaged, and then make two adjustments if necessary ... I believe I have one significant peak somewhere to be addressed.

The PEQ seems like a nice feature to have to compliment Audyssey ... my son does not have Audyssey, but won't let me upgrade his receiver or get him a miniDSP - he says I've spent enough on his audio gear for a while ... I feel that a miniDSP, since he already has the REW equipment, would be money well spent, relative to the cost of the PC12+ ... maybe this Christmas :-)

James' 3.1 MartinLogan/SVS rig :
James' A:V rig.jpg

MartinLogan Motion 40s / 30 / LX16s
Marantz SR5007 / UD5007
SVS PC12 Plus

exercise room:
MartinLogan LX16s / Dynamo700

Last edited by TomC1315; 07-20-2014 at 04:42 AM.
post #17390 of 17393 Old 07-20-2014, 05:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC1315 View Post
The PC12+ comes with two PEQ settings ... you can either reduce peaks by 12db or boost nulls by 3db. The limit of 3db for boosting is a safeguard for the sub, so as not to overtax the amp.

Therefore, the PEQ is most effective in taming peaks, which IMO are more difficult to live with than the nulls.

PEQ also has a Bandwidth control, labeled "Q", affecting the width of the PEQ cut or boost.

The Frequency control, labeled "FREQ", selects the center frequency where the adjustment will take place ( 31, 35, 40, 46, 50, 56, 63, 70, 80, 90, 100, 112, and 125hz ), before setting the desired "Q" width.

My son also has a PC12+ and after running REW, was able to address two peaks rather successfully.

He'll be visiting here in a few weeks and bring his REW gear with him to measure my room ... I just re-ran my Audyssey XT a week ago, so we'll measure the sub's output with Audyssey engaged, and then make two adjustments if necessary ... I believe I have one significant peak somewhere to be addressed.

The PEQ seems like a nice feature to have to compliment Audyssey ... my son does not have Audyssey, but won't let me upgrade his receiver or get him a miniDSP - he says I've spent enough on his audio gear for a while ... I feel that a miniDSP, since he already has the REW equipment, would be money well spent, relative to the cost of the PC12+ ... maybe this Christmas :-)

James' 3.1 MartinLogan/SVS rig :
Attachment 171250
Thanks Tom. I do indeed have an XT32 equipped receiver, and have an audio mic and experience with REW. I was thinking I'd let the Denon and Audyssey handle the peaks (it does so quite successfully in my room), measure with REW to find the nulls, (I've already a good idea of where there at from previous measurements) and then try to apply gain to the two worst dips; food for thought. I will most likely go in this direction whilst taking advantage of SVSs generous 1 year upgrade policy on my PC12 sub. I'll let you know how it goes

Update: Well I received an e-mail from SVS today letting me know that the upgrade policy isn't valid for their Canadian customers (Sonic Boom is their distributor in Canada, and SVS won't ship direct to Canada irrespective) - so I might have to go in a different direction. Still looking at the Plus model, but I'm a little disappointed TBH - so I have started kicking the tires with PSA and Outlaw as well.
TomC1315 likes this.

Last edited by Sean Spamilton; 07-20-2014 at 02:13 PM.
post #17391 of 17393 Old 07-20-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb48 View Post
who makes your av cabinet and are you using an ir repater, your room looks outstanding but is there a lot of glare on your tv screen ?
Salamander Systems (http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/) makes the A/V Furniture. It's a called the Synergy System (http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/pro...6f56beb9f4?f=m) and it's modular and very flexible. You choose the modules, colors, etc. to create what you want. The small storage cabinet to the left of the system is also a Synergy System component too. It has served us well for many years and it receives a lot of complements from visitors, etc.

I use a Logitech 915-000139 Harmony IR Extender System that I bought for $59 in September 2012. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued by Logitech. There are (obviously) others available. I also use a Global Cache WiFi to IR adapter so I can use Roomie Remote and iPad/iPhone to control my IR-only components (in addition to the IP-capable ones). It then feeds the IR signal either directly to the components, or for some of them, I have one of the WiFi to IR adapter outputs feeding into the Harmony IR Extender for broader coverage to all of its components too.

Thank you for the compliments on the room. We spend most of our time in there. It truly is a multi-purpose room - and that has compromises to deal with. One of them is that the 16' of glass on each of the three exposed walls does provide a lot of light -- and also glare for the TV. In those cases, we close the vertical blinds and its then reasonably dark without glare.

PS: I need to take new pictures (quite a bit of the equipment and furniture in the room has already changed) and post them at the link below but I will do that when the new SB13-Ultra is in place.

(1) Yamaha RX-A2010

(2) Klipsch RF-83

(1) Klipsch RC-64

(1) Klipsch RSW-10d

(2) Klipsch RVX-54

(2) Klipsch RSX-5

Last edited by lflorack; 07-20-2014 at 06:20 AM.
post #17392 of 17393 Old 07-20-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
That's the smart thing to do and the wait will be worth it. I've built my home theater over the course of 11 years. My first home theater system was a Koss 6.1 HTIB that I bought when I was 20. It had a passive sub that I put next to my couch and thought it was great. Then I bought a real system and it just grew from there. Now to convince my wife I need a second PB13 Ultra. Lol!
Yeah i been doing this kind of buy and saveing thing all my life.I remember my mom telling me when i was about maybe 14 year of age .I was in a store and i seen a tv i wanted it was a samsung tv about 23 inch's.My mom told me if you want something so bad you save up your money and you go out and buy it.Till this day all my want's are because of me saveing up my money.I go by a moto were if i dont have the cash fow in my bank or on me then i just dont buy it period!!! The main reason why i do this is because i just do not want to be in debt with THING'S I WANT!!!! even tho ye si am in debt but it's edacation debt and most american's of people in the world are in debt for that reason.edacation.But hey it's not a bad thing to be in debt for edacation.It's bad to be in a dbt because of WANT'S.Then need's.

Tom you wife sound's like a wonderful person.You are one luck person to have such a wonderful wife.I am 24 and while i dont have a wife that's ok.i never been in love or takeing a girl out before lol.I guess that's just because i never looked for love or a wife YET.But hey i got alot ahead of me .So as my mom and dad say one step at a time.

Also yeah haveing a second PB-13 ULTRA WOULD BE BADASS LMAO.Try and ask the wife maybe a early birthday gift of early xmas gift lmao.
post #17393 of 17393 Old 07-20-2014, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 164
I agree, I'd spend more money on edacation before a subwoofer upgrade if I were you
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Speaker Systems , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page