Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 581 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17401 of 17408 Old Today, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopin_Guy View Post
So I received my SB13 Ultra yesterday evening and began to get it setup in my room...

What gain level do other SB13 users have their gain on??

I have had to re-run Audyseey three times due to the sub's gain being too low -- I am now on -5db (on the sub) and the Audyssey result for that level was -2.5 for the sub channel.

I am a large room that is living, breakfast, kitchen, which is open to a large vaulted hallway that runs the length of the entire house. Does this have anything to do with this??

Not sure if I should open the gain all the way to 0bd -- a little reluctant to do that??

I'm integrating this with SVS Ultra towers, powered by Emotiva XPA-100 mono blocks, and a Denon 3808ci as the 'processor'.
Your in a large room so your settings on the sub seem correct. You might even have to run it at 0. I'm in a 2000 cu/ft room and it sets mine to -17. Although after getting my RF7II's I have bumped the sub volume to -10. Hits much harder now. The big drivers in the 7II's kinda drowned out the sub but now it's much better after bumping up the sub volume.

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17402 of 17408 Old Today, 09:44 AM
Senior Member
 
davelr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 490
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopin_Guy View Post
So I received my SB13 Ultra yesterday evening and began to get it setup in my room...

What gain level do other SB13 users have their gain on??
...
I've just replaced my SB12 with an SB13, about 2 weeks ago.

Using a Denon 3808 as well, room is about 3600 cu.ft. with 3' and 4.5' openings on one side. My speakers are all Paradigm Millennia One's driven by the Denon.

I have run a full calibration but will re-run after about a month when the sub is broken in. I have the sub gain at -12 db and the calibration is at -1.5 db.

Hard to tell, but from your description it's possible that your room arrangement might absorb more energy than mine.
davelr is offline  
post #17403 of 17408 Old Today, 09:56 AM
Member
 
Chopin_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
That gain setting seems to be about right. Do some listening and see how it sounds and if needed bump up the sub channel to 0db. If you still need more output then increase the gain on the sub to 0 and rerun Audyssey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Your in a large room so your settings on the sub seem correct. You might even have to run it at 0. I'm in a 2000 cu/ft room and it sets mine to -17. Although after getting my RF7II's I have bumped the sub volume to -10. Hits much harder now. The big drivers in the 7II's kinda drowned out the sub but now it's much better after bumping up the sub volume.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelr View Post
I've just replaced my SB12 with an SB13, about 2 weeks ago.

Using a Denon 3808 as well, room is about 3600 cu.ft. with 3' and 4.5' openings on one side. My speakers are all Paradigm Millennia One's driven by the Denon.

I have run a full calibration but will re-run after about a month when the sub is broken in. I have the sub gain at -12 db and the calibration is at -1.5 db.

Hard to tell, but from your description it's possible that your room arrangement might absorb more energy than mine.
Thanks for the replies...

Figured it was due to my room size....I might try going to 0db, and rerunning the Audyssey.

I tend not to listen overly loud -- but will go to -15 on the AVR from time to time (for fun content -- did last night with the Michael Jackson blu-ray), and don't want to be driving the sub to it's limiters / compression.

Have an e-mail into SVS as well -- so shall see what they have to say...

Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.
--Sergei Rachmaninov

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
--Hector Berlioz
Chopin_Guy is online now  
post #17404 of 17408 Old Today, 10:42 AM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Your in a large room so your settings on the sub seem correct. You might even have to run it at 0. I'm in a 2000 cu/ft room and it sets mine to -17. Although after getting my RF7II's I have bumped the sub volume to -10. Hits much harder now. The big drivers in the 7II's kinda drowned out the sub but now it's much better after bumping up the sub volume.
Yeah i told you those RF-7 II are bass hitter's.They hit really nice .You have to watch war of the worlds with tome cruise.MAN THAT FILM IS REALLY BASS HITTING .Watch it on -10.00 dbs if you can .Idk if you can because i dont have any subwoofer's and you have 2,000 watts of pure hitting beast power. lol
joseph10704 is online now  
post #17405 of 17408 Old Today, 11:04 AM
Senior Member
 
hatlesschimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
We know you love your sub. No need to post twice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
That is great !!! we told you you will not be disappointed. With those SVS subs you don't need to to be worry about bass you always get a lot!!!! Enjoy.
LOL Dont know what happened with the double post. Soz!

Yeah Im totally addicted to bass! Thanks guys and others in this thread!!! My wife wonders why I always buy action movies too Muhaha. My favorite is the digitally made bass sound effects like the opening scene in transformers with the helicopter blowing stuff up or Dredd Slo mo's and Oblivion when Tom Cruise falls into the hole.

The PC13-Ultra in Australia are $2,299 AUD. Im at $1,500 for random junk I can sell and thats a low respectable appraisal for the items too. Im now finding it tough for further items to get me to the goal I'm looking at the ps4 and all its bits and pieces LOL. Well I hardly play a game on it and I have a OPPO for blurays and other media content. I could easily go and buy the the sub with my debit card but Im trying this saving thing that normal sane people do. Plus my wife is testing me and my will power She thinks I will cave in LOL.

So its a used PS4 thats not used now OR a 2nd Awesome SVS PC13-Ultra.

Hmmm

TV: SONY 65" 4K X900 - AVR: DENON AVR x4000 - AMP: ROTEL RMB 1585 5Ch 200w - OPPO 103D BD PLAYER
CENTRE: KEF Q600c - FRONT L/R: KEF Q900 - WIDE FRONT L/R: KEF Q300
SURROUND L/R: KEF Q800DS's - SURROUND BACK L/R: MINX 21's
SUB: SVS PC13-ULTRA

Last edited by hatlesschimp; Today at 11:08 AM.
hatlesschimp is online now  
post #17406 of 17408 Old Today, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatlesschimp View Post
LOL Dont know what happened with the double post. Soz!

Yeah Im totally addicted to bass! Thanks guys and others in this thread!!! My wife wonders why I always buy action movies too Muhaha. My favorite is the digitally made bass sound effects like the opening scene in transformers with the helicopter blowing stuff up or Dredd Slo mo's and Oblivion when Tom Cruise falls into the hole.

The PC13-Ultra in Australia are $2,299 AUD. Im at $1,500 for random junk I can sell and thats a low respectable appraisal for the items too. Im now finding it tough for further items to get me to the goal I'm looking at the ps4 and all its bits and pieces LOL. Well I hardly play a game on it and I have a OPPO for blurays and other media content. I could easily go and buy the the sub with my debit card but Im trying this saving thing that normal sane people do. Plus my wife is testing me and my will power She thinks I will cave in LOL.

So its a used PS4 thats not used now OR a 2nd Awesome SVS PC13-Ultra.

Hmmm
I know what I'd do. Thumpity thump thump.
eljr likes this.

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is online now  
post #17407 of 17408 Old Today, 12:40 PM
Newbie
 
Horace Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
[QUOTE=Chopin_Guy;26004242]So I received my SB13 Ultra yesterday evening and began to get it setup in my room...

What gain level do other SB13 users have their gain on??

Check the back of the sub and make sure the high level input switch is set to normal. Mine was set on high level which lowers output 6db. Also purchase a y-splitter 1 female to 2 male. This will give you an additional bump of 6db. The SB13 Ultra is a huge upgrade from the PC12 Plus. I like this sub so much I'm gonna go dual. It's like I upgraded every speaker in my home theater.
Horace Clark is online now  
post #17408 of 17408 Old Today, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,800
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 661
[quote=Horace Clark;26012434]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopin_Guy View Post
So I received my SB13 Ultra yesterday evening and began to get it setup in my room...

What gain level do other SB13 users have their gain on??

Check the back of the sub and make sure the high level input switch is set to normal. Mine was set on high level which lowers output 6db. Also purchase a y-splitter 1 female to 2 male. This will give you an additional bump of 6db. The SB13 Ultra is a huge upgrade from the PC12 Plus. I like this sub so much I'm gonna go dual. It's like I upgraded every speaker in my home theater.
All the y-splitter on the inputs does is to increase the voltage to wake up the sub from its stand-by position.
cchunter likes this.

With dual subs, stack'em in the corner and put on a jockstrap. Don't want EVERYTHING in the room jingling!
Mongo171 is online now  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Speaker Systems , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off