Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 582 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17431 of 17929 Old 07-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Thumbs up

[quote=cchunter;26024866]
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Yes I'm getting a second one for sure. When? It'll be awhile lol.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17432 of 17929 Old 07-25-2014, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
davelr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 504
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
I think its an ok price for the piano finish. Plus it has a new amp. Their going for 549.00 with damage in the SVS outlet section. Try to get 350-375 for it. Tell him the warranty is almost expired. He may bite. Good luck!
The warranty is expired. Back then SVS only had a 3 year warranty.
davelr is online now  
post #17433 of 17929 Old 07-25-2014, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NickTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 1,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoch861 View Post
How much do you guys think this SB-12 NSD should be selling for?
http://mankato.craigslist.org/ele/4585739131.html

I don't think $400 is a good price at all considering an SB-1000 is only $499

I've been kicking around the idea of adding a second sub and this looks like it would be an inexpensive way to start experimenting.
4 years old, he's the second owner? I'd offer him $300 or $350. Worst he can say is "no"

------


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NickTheGreat is offline  
post #17434 of 17929 Old 07-25-2014, 03:32 PM
Member
 
boxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
You can increase the sub volume in the AVR to 0 but I wouldnt go any higher.
Any particular reason? Is this what they call by running the sub 5db hot?

One more thing.. is it better to raise the setting in the AVR than the volume on the sub?



Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Congrats to your new sub!!! It is amazing to see SVS in Indonesia!!!!
Yes at last i have it delivered.. it's kinda hard to get a really good sub in here... There were some good brand earlier i saw on some store like mksound and earthquake but the mksound was no longer there and earthquake only have their mid-level sub... There is velodyne though, but it's just too expensive and drain so much power.. too bad there is no SVS dealer in here.. hope there will be one soon..
retro124 likes this.
boxs is offline  
post #17435 of 17929 Old 07-25-2014, 05:28 PM
Senior Member
 
discone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxs View Post
Any particular reason? Is this what they call by running the sub 5db hot?

One more thing.. is it better to raise the setting in the AVR than the volume on the sub?

Congrats on the new sub!

Yes this called running your sub hot. The average seams to be 3-4db's. When I watch some movies I like to bump 4-5db's to get that extra bass.

If your avr already set the sub then use the avr to raise the setting, if you do the volume on the sub then you'll have to rerun the avr speaker calibration.
boxs likes this.

Living Room
Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony PS3, Marantz SR5008, Center PC2000, Front & Surround's PM1000, Sub SVS PB-2000, Harmony Smart Remote

Bedroom
Panasonic TC-P46S1, Panasonic HTIB SA-BT200
discone is online now  
post #17436 of 17929 Old 07-25-2014, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Yes at last i have it delivered.. it's kinda hard to get a really good sub in here... There were some good brand earlier i saw on some store like mksound and earthquake but the mksound was no longer there and earthquake only have their mid-level sub... There is velodyne though, but it's just too expensive and drain so much power.. too bad there is no SVS dealer in here.. hope there will be one soon..[/QUOTE]

Yes you right and many countries have same problem. It s great you was able to get one. It is amazing to see SVS is around world. Many people even from Europe hope for more SVS dealers!!!
Enjoy it!!!
boxs likes this.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17437 of 17929 Old 07-25-2014, 07:07 PM
Member
 
boxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post
Congrats on the new sub!

Yes this called running your sub hot. The average seams to be 3-4db's. When I watch some movies I like to bump 4-5db's to get that extra bass.

If your avr already set the sub then use the avr to raise the setting, if you do the volume on the sub then you'll have to rerun the avr speaker calibration.
Great.. it's already weekend and time to do some testing.. hope no complaints from the neighbours


Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Yes you right and many countries have same problem. It s great you was able to get one. It is amazing to see SVS is around world. Many people even from Europe hope for more SVS dealers!!!
Enjoy it!!!
Thanks.. sure do will enjoy it

Fronts Polk RTiA9 Center Polk CSi5 Surrounds Polk FXiA4 Sub SVS PB12-Plus
AVR Denon 2311 Power Amp Rotel RB-1092 Screen LG 47LM7600
Cabling Audioquest Forest HDMI, Vermouth Black Curse Interconnect, Monoprice 12 awg Fronts, Wireworld Oasis 5 Center, Klotz LY240 Surrounds, Audioquest Sub-X Sub

Last edited by boxs; 07-25-2014 at 08:44 PM.
boxs is offline  
post #17438 of 17929 Old 07-25-2014, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
trgraphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I just bought the sledge amp for asub I built using there 12" speaker. I can't locate the speaker wire connections on the amplifier. Can anyone tell me how to connect the speaker wires to the amp. I am talking about the internal speaker in my cabinet. Thanks.
trgraphics is online now  
post #17439 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 04:42 AM
Senior Member
 
AV_mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by trgraphics View Post
I just bought the sledge amp for asub I built using there 12" speaker. I can't locate the speaker wire connections on the amplifier. Can anyone tell me how to connect the speaker wires to the amp. I am talking about the internal speaker in my cabinet. Thanks.
If you could post a good quality picture of the amp plate, then I am sure that someone (maybe even me) will be able to indicate the appropriate connections. There should be spade connections for both AC mains input and speaker terminals, as well as smaller connections for the usual adjustable controls, gain, phase, LPF frequency, and most importantly the low level input.
Regards, Mike.
AV_mike is online now  
post #17440 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
JewDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Hey guys, I have a 7.1 surround setup in my theater room. The receiver is a Pioneer Elite SC-75, my speakers are Axiom Audio and my subwoofer is the SVS PB-12 Plus. The current subwoofer tune I have it set for is 16HZ and I also have the middle port plugged. I'm not sure if this is how I should have it setup for the type of bass I'm trying to achieve. I want a deep rumbling feel it in your chest bass. I'm not a big fan of loud, boomy and shake the ceiling bass. If anyone has recommendations on some of the settings I might need to change, I would greatly appreciate the suggestions. Thanks!

JewDaddy is offline  
post #17441 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 07:49 AM
Member
 
tommaazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SLOVENIA
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewDaddy View Post
Hey guys, I have a 7.1 surround setup in my theater room. The receiver is a Pioneer Elite SC-75, my speakers are Axiom Audio and my subwoofer is the SVS PB-12 Plus. The current subwoofer tune I have it set for is 16HZ and I also have the middle port plugged. I'm not sure if this is how I should have it setup for the type of bass I'm trying to achieve. I want a deep rumbling feel it in your chest bass. I'm not a big fan of loud, boomy and shake the ceiling bass. If anyone has recommendations on some of the settings I might need to change, I would greatly appreciate the suggestions. Thanks!
Hi. You might try to seal all of the ports and change the amp setting for sealed (look in user manual)...then re-run calibration and report back
trog69 likes this.
tommaazz is online now  
post #17442 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
JewDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommaazz View Post
Hi. You might try to seal all of the ports and change the amp setting for sealed (look in user manual)...then re-run calibration and report back
Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Btw, should I change the then setting from 16hz to something higher or lower?

JewDaddy is offline  
post #17443 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewDaddy View Post
Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Btw, should I change the then setting from 16hz to something higher or lower?
yes sealed mode means all 3 ports sealed with foam cap and before you play it change on Sub amp from 16hz to sealed mode!!!! Mode ca be 20Hz, 16Hz or sealed on sub amp). Then rerun Audysey if you have AVR able to do it and you are ready to play in sealed mode!!!

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17444 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
trgraphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_mike View Post
If you could post a good quality picture of the amp plate, then I am sure that someone (maybe even me) will be able to indicate the appropriate connections. There should be spade connections for both AC mains input and speaker terminals, as well as smaller connections for the usual adjustable controls, gain, phase, LPF frequency, and most importantly the low level input.
Regards, Mike.

Thanks for the reply. I did find the connections but they are not what I expected. My other plate amp had spade connections, as you mentioned. This one is a two prong, computer like connection. Working fine now. Thanks again.
trgraphics is online now  
post #17445 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 01:14 PM
Member
 
tommaazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SLOVENIA
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 25
What you guys think...i have 2xsb12 nsd and i am looking for a little more grunt for movies...if i sell one sb12 and get sb13ultra and pair it with the sb12 would that be ok or the ultra will overpower the small one? (Sealed room 1600ctfeet)
tommaazz is online now  
post #17446 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Senior Member
 
lflorack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hilton, NY
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by lflorack View Post
Thank you for the compliments on the room. We spend most of our time in there. It truly is a multi-purpose room - and that has compromises to deal with. One of them is that the 16' of glass on each of the three exposed walls does provide a lot of light -- and also glare for the TV. In those cases, we close the vertical blinds and its then reasonably dark without glare.


PS: I need to take new pictures (quite a bit of the equipment and furniture in the room has already changed) and post them at the link below but I will do that when the new SB13-Ultra is in place.
I now have received my SB13-Ultra and have it installed and set up.


When I first set it up, I plugged it in and played a piece of music that I knew was bass heavy to see if the SB13-Ultra worked and to get an initial feel for it. I didn't know that it was sent from the factory set at reference level (I.e., '0'). Just about everything in the house was shaking. Walls, things on the walls, things on shelves - family room, kitchen, living room, etc. even the beer bottles in the refrigerator were clinking. After I did a ballpark calibration, I did some quick reference tests with movies and music. The bass is very powerful yet very clean. When I played he opening battle scene of Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith with my previous sub (Klipsch RSW-10D), it sounded is if something was wrong. As it turns out, it was bottoming out. The new subwoofer handled the scene with ease.

Last night, I had enough time to run YPAO on my Yamaha RX-A2010 to calibrate it. When I completed the auto calibration, I used a simple (IOS) SPL meter to see if the speakers were equally set. They were pretty good but needed some tweaking -- which I did. With it set up, I listened to several tracks of music and then several known movie scenes. In short, this sub is amazing! No more boomieness, no more muddy bass, no more bottoming out. Just clean, powerful, well integrated bass! I'm very happy!

Since it didn't happen without pictures, I've updated my room and A/V equipment pictures -- as well as my wiring diagram. Follow the links in my signature to have a look. I've also attached a small version of one of them to this message.

Lee
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3613 - Small2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	181378  
eljr, tommaazz, cchunter and 1 others like this.

Links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yamaha RX-A2010, Samsung UN55B8000, AppleTV, Roku3, Yamaha CDC-685, Oppo BDP-93
Klipsch: (2) RF-83's, (1) RC-64, (2) RVX-54's, (2) RSX-5's
SVS: (1) SB13-Ultra
See links above for additional system details.
lflorack is online now  
post #17447 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by lflorack View Post
I now have received my SB13-Ultra and have it installed and set up.


When I first set it up, I plugged it in and played a piece of music that I knew was bass heavy to see if the SB13-Ultra worked and to get an initial feel for it. I didn't know that it was sent from the factory set at reference level (I.e., '0'). Just about everything in the house was shaking. Walls, things on the walls, things on shelves - family room, kitchen, living room, etc. even the beer bottles in the refrigerator were clinking. After I did a ballpark calibration, I did some quick reference tests with movies and music. The bass is very powerful yet very clean. When I played he opening battle scene of Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith with my previous sub (Klipsch RSW-10D), it sounded is if something was wrong. As it turns out, it was bottoming out. The new subwoofer handled the scene with ease.

Last night, I had enough time to run YPAO on my Yamaha RX-A2010 to calibrate it. When I completed the auto calibration, I used a simple (IOS) SPL meter to see if the speakers were equally set. They were pretty good but needed some tweaking -- which I did. With it set up, I listened to several tracks of music and then several known movie scenes. In short, this sub is amazing! No more boomieness, no more muddy bass, no more bottoming out. Just clean, powerful, well integrated bass! I'm very happy!

Since it didn't happen without pictures, I've updated my room and A/V equipment pictures -- as well as my wiring diagram. Follow the links in my signature to have a look. I've also attached a small version of one of them to this message.

Lee
Yes you right Klipsch sub at least what I had Klipsch sub12 is rumble and boom noise subs and SVS is a different league , clean, strong, accurate nice bass!!! Looks great in your living room, nice set up !!!! Enjoy

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17448 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eljr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Futuristic London
Posts: 4,143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by lflorack View Post
I now have received my SB13-Ultra and have it installed and set up.


When I first set it up, I plugged it in and played a piece of music that I knew was bass heavy to see if the SB13-Ultra worked and to get an initial feel for it. I didn't know that it was sent from the factory set at reference level (I.e., '0'). Just about everything in the house was shaking. Walls, things on the walls, things on shelves - family room, kitchen, living room, etc. even the beer bottles in the refrigerator were clinking. After I did a ballpark calibration, I did some quick reference tests with movies and music. The bass is very powerful yet very clean. When I played he opening battle scene of Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith with my previous sub (Klipsch RSW-10D), it sounded is if something was wrong. As it turns out, it was bottoming out. The new subwoofer handled the scene with ease.

Last night, I had enough time to run YPAO on my Yamaha RX-A2010 to calibrate it. When I completed the auto calibration, I used a simple (IOS) SPL meter to see if the speakers were equally set. They were pretty good but needed some tweaking -- which I did. With it set up, I listened to several tracks of music and then several known movie scenes. In short, this sub is amazing! No more boomieness, no more muddy bass, no more bottoming out. Just clean, powerful, well integrated bass! I'm very happy!

Since it didn't happen without pictures, I've updated my room and A/V equipment pictures -- as well as my wiring diagram. Follow the links in my signature to have a look. I've also attached a small version of one of them to this message.

Lee
did you toss that klipsCH?

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
eljr is offline  
post #17449 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eljr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Futuristic London
Posts: 4,143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 1039
IT even looks better!!!!

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
eljr is offline  
post #17450 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 02:49 PM
Senior Member
 
lflorack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hilton, NY
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Official SVS Owners/Support Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post
did you toss that klipsCH?

I may give it to one of my sons. He currently has a HTIB, so it would be step up for him.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
eljr likes this.

Links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yamaha RX-A2010, Samsung UN55B8000, AppleTV, Roku3, Yamaha CDC-685, Oppo BDP-93
Klipsch: (2) RF-83's, (1) RC-64, (2) RVX-54's, (2) RSX-5's
SVS: (1) SB13-Ultra
See links above for additional system details.

Last edited by lflorack; 07-27-2014 at 11:00 AM.
lflorack is online now  
post #17451 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 02:50 PM
Senior Member
 
lflorack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hilton, NY
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Official SVS Owners/Support Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post
IT even looks better!!!!

I agree! My wife even likes it much better.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
eljr likes this.

Links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yamaha RX-A2010, Samsung UN55B8000, AppleTV, Roku3, Yamaha CDC-685, Oppo BDP-93
Klipsch: (2) RF-83's, (1) RC-64, (2) RVX-54's, (2) RSX-5's
SVS: (1) SB13-Ultra
See links above for additional system details.
lflorack is online now  
post #17452 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
mylan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: just north of Atlanta
Posts: 893
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Is that a Salamander triple twenty cabinet? If so then that's what I've got and I can see the scale as compared. I've been learning toward a Pb2000 but that size works.
mylan is offline  
post #17453 of 17929 Old 07-26-2014, 03:16 PM
Senior Member
 
lflorack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hilton, NY
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post
Is that a Salamander triple twenty cabinet? If so then that's what I've got and I can see the scale as compared. I've been learning toward a Pb2000 but that size works.

Yup. That's exactly what it is. It works very well here. BTW, we get lots of compliments from visitors who see it. We love our A/V furniture. I think you'd be happy with the SB13-Ultra.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yamaha RX-A2010, Samsung UN55B8000, AppleTV, Roku3, Yamaha CDC-685, Oppo BDP-93
Klipsch: (2) RF-83's, (1) RC-64, (2) RVX-54's, (2) RSX-5's
SVS: (1) SB13-Ultra
See links above for additional system details.

Last edited by lflorack; 07-26-2014 at 04:18 PM.
lflorack is online now  
post #17454 of 17929 Old 07-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Newbie
 
Nealester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was looking to pick up a used SVS sub with 4 years of warranty still on it. However the front cone has been damaged. How easy is it to replace the cone to see if it worth my while to try?
Nealester is offline  
post #17455 of 17929 Old 07-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealester View Post
I was looking to pick up a used SVS sub with 4 years of warranty still on it. However the front cone has been damaged. How easy is it to replace the cone to see if it worth my while to try?
Well question is what model of SVS sub. The best is call SVS and ask then how much will cost replace it.
Also question is for how much are you going to buy it? Sometimes is not even worth it to deal with it, SVS have many subs in outlet section for great price.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3

Last edited by retro124; 07-27-2014 at 09:44 AM.
retro124 is online now  
post #17456 of 17929 Old 07-27-2014, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 130
I thought about it for awhile, and I think if SVS doesn't release a PC-2000 by the end of the year I'll just upgrade to the PC12-plus.
retro124 likes this.

Sony KDL-70R550A (passive 3D tv)
Denon x4000 (amazing sound correcting software)
Klipsch RF-62IIs (amazing horns)
Klipsch RC-62II (so clear)
Klipsch RS-41IIs (so full)
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d (so boom)
Teremei is offline  
post #17457 of 17929 Old 07-27-2014, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
I thought about it for awhile, and I think if SVS doesn't release a PC-2000 by the end of the year I'll just upgrade to the PC12-plus.
I'm sure you will be very happy with PC12-Plus !!!!

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17458 of 17929 Old 07-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Newbie
 
Nealester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Well question is what model of SVS sub. The best is call SVS and ask then how much will cost replace it.
Also question is for how much are you going to buy it? Sometimes is not even worth it to deal with it, SVS have many subs in outlet section for great price.
Sadly I live in Canada where I can't get the block. The cost is 400 for the sb12nsd piano. I just saw it today the the Canadian distributor sonic boom audio is off for the day.
Nealester is offline  
post #17459 of 17929 Old 07-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Newbie
 
Nealester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Well question is what model of SVS sub. The best is call SVS and ask then how much will cost replace it.
Also question is for how much are you going to buy it? Sometimes is not even worth it to deal with it, SVS have many subs in outlet section for great price.
Sadly I live in Canada where I can't get the b-stock. The cost is 400 for the sb12nsd piano. I just saw it today the the Canadian distributor sonic boom audio is off for the day.
Nealester is offline  
post #17460 of 17929 Old 07-27-2014, 01:31 PM
Member
 
Chopin_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Still working on getting my SB13 dialed in through some more listening -- going to adjust my main crossover (as they are running full range), and try some different things. However, I'm starting thinking the SB doesn't have the guts for my large room. Not going to count it out, but was definitely hoping to go sealed as the SB13 is so easy to move around.

Question to those with STA-1000D amp -- is it usual for this thing to be non responsive unless it has a signal. Two times now I have had to either start playing content, or unplug the sub for 10+ seconds and repower -- in order to get the menus to come on when toggling with the select knob. This can't possibly be normal behavior??

Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.
--Sergei Rachmaninov

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
--Hector Berlioz
Chopin_Guy is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off