post #17461 of 17465 Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealester View Post
Sadly I live in Canada where I can't get the b-stock. The cost is 400 for the sb12nsd piano. I just saw it today the the Canadian distributor sonic boom audio is off for the day.
Oh ok sorry, the best will be to call or chat with SVS and ask them how much is a new cone and how difficult is replace is. I don't think is hard to replace it, you will be for sure able to do it yourself but not sure how much they will charge you for new cone and shipping. Then you will see if make since to get it or order new one.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17462 of 17465 Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
2nd SVS Sub Woofer received and installed

Last week I received and installed an SVS PC12 plus to pair off with my SVS 20-39 PC plus which I have had for over 6 years. I have a dedicated theater room 15 foot by 21 foot and 7 feet high with a 7.2 system (originally 7.1). I have an Outlaw amp (200 watts by 7) with a Marantz receiver used as a pre-amp. I really liked the SVS sound but after suffering from upgraditis I decided to purchase the second SW.

SVS support was great as they had me balance the volume of the 2 subs. After setting the receiver SW out to -3 dbs I raised the volume of each sub separately to 75 dbs using a sound meter). Playing both together the meter measured 81 dbs which was where the SVS advisor suggested that this was about right.

I then used the Audyssey setup in the Marantz to set up all the speakers which had been set to small (including the front towers) with a passover set at 80. I am now playing through blurays to see if I like the results. So far so good-the base sound is powerful but clean and is non-directional-you can't tell where it is coming from.

Kudos to SVS for their support.

John
retro124 likes this.
post #17463 of 17465 Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefny View Post
Last week I received and installed an SVS PC12 plus to pair off with my SVS 20-39 PC plus which I have had for over 6 years. I have a dedicated theater room 15 foot by 21 foot and 7 feet high with a 7.2 system (originally 7.1). I have an Outlaw amp (200 watts by 7) with a Marantz receiver used as a pre-amp. I really liked the SVS sound but after suffering from upgraditis I decided to purchase the second SW.

SVS support was great as they had me balance the volume of the 2 subs. After setting the receiver SW out to -3 dbs I raised the volume of each sub separately to 75 dbs using a sound meter). Playing both together the meter measured 81 dbs which was where the SVS advisor suggested that this was about right.

I then used the Audyssey setup in the Marantz to set up all the speakers which had been set to small (including the front towers) with a passover set at 80. I am now playing through blurays to see if I like the results. So far so good-the base sound is powerful but clean and is non-directional-you can't tell where it is coming from.

Kudos to SVS for their support.

John
Congrats John to your second sub. I have similar set up dual PC12-Pluses and it is exactly what I love it, you can't tell where bass coming from and they are deep , clean!!!
Enjoy!!!

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #17464 of 17465 Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopin_Guy View Post
Still working on getting my SB13 dialed in through some more listening -- going to adjust my main crossover (as they are running full range), and try some different things. However, I'm starting thinking the SB doesn't have the guts for my large room. Not going to count it out, but was definitely hoping to go sealed as the SB13 is so easy to move around.

Question to those with STA-1000D amp -- is it usual for this thing to be non responsive unless it has a signal. Two times now I have had to either start playing content, or unplug the sub for 10+ seconds and repower -- in order to get the menus to come on when toggling with the select knob. This can't possibly be normal behavior??
ALL speakers are non-responsive without a signal. Do you want to leave it on and turn on with a signal? Turn the Power Switch to On. Power Mode Toggle to Auto.
post #17465 of 17465 Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopin_Guy View Post
Still working on getting my SB13 dialed in through some more listening -- going to adjust my main crossover (as they are running full range), and try some different things. However, I'm starting thinking the SB doesn't have the guts for my large room. Not going to count it out, but was definitely hoping to go sealed as the SB13 is so easy to move around.

Question to those with STA-1000D amp -- is it usual for this thing to be non responsive unless it has a signal. Two times now I have had to either start playing content, or unplug the sub for 10+ seconds and repower -- in order to get the menus to come on when toggling with the select knob. This can't possibly be normal behavior??
I've had my SB13 for a couple of weeks and haven't had much problem. Don't know how large your room is but mine is about 3600 cu ft with two openings. So far the response is quite good and I'm assuming I'll recalibrate in another couple of weeks after it has loosened up.

I've had no problem with the auto turn on function, it pretty much wakes up even with fairly low volumes and bass content. I'm familiar with this problem as my original SB12 had a very high turn on threshold. A possible problem would be if you've got the sub amp gain set too high and then calibrate with something like Audyssey it will set the preamp gain lower and might have trouble triggering the auto on. It's better to turn down the sub amp gain so that the preamp gain will be set higher and more easily trigger the auto on as long as the preamp gain isn't too high above 0 db. I have my sub gain set at -12db and the preamp gain winds up being -1.5db.

If you still have problems another approach is to use a Y splitter and provide input signal to both the left and right inputs which the sub amp will see as a higher input level. Of course this would require recalibration.

You should also check the input level switch on the sub and make sure it is in the normal position.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Speaker Systems , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page