Old 07-27-2014, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealester View Post
Sadly I live in Canada where I can't get the b-stock. The cost is 400 for the sb12nsd piano. I just saw it today the the Canadian distributor sonic boom audio is off for the day.
Oh ok sorry, the best will be to call or chat with SVS and ask them how much is a new cone and how difficult is replace is. I don't think is hard to replace it, you will be for sure able to do it yourself but not sure how much they will charge you for new cone and shipping. Then you will see if make since to get it or order new one.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
2nd SVS Sub Woofer received and installed

Last week I received and installed an SVS PC12 plus to pair off with my SVS 20-39 PC plus which I have had for over 6 years. I have a dedicated theater room 15 foot by 21 foot and 7 feet high with a 7.2 system (originally 7.1). I have an Outlaw amp (200 watts by 7) with a Marantz receiver used as a pre-amp. I really liked the SVS sound but after suffering from upgraditis I decided to purchase the second SW.

SVS support was great as they had me balance the volume of the 2 subs. After setting the receiver SW out to -3 dbs I raised the volume of each sub separately to 75 dbs using a sound meter). Playing both together the meter measured 81 dbs which was where the SVS advisor suggested that this was about right.

I then used the Audyssey setup in the Marantz to set up all the speakers which had been set to small (including the front towers) with a passover set at 80. I am now playing through blurays to see if I like the results. So far so good-the base sound is powerful but clean and is non-directional-you can't tell where it is coming from.

Kudos to SVS for their support.

John
retro124 likes this.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefny View Post
Last week I received and installed an SVS PC12 plus to pair off with my SVS 20-39 PC plus which I have had for over 6 years. I have a dedicated theater room 15 foot by 21 foot and 7 feet high with a 7.2 system (originally 7.1). I have an Outlaw amp (200 watts by 7) with a Marantz receiver used as a pre-amp. I really liked the SVS sound but after suffering from upgraditis I decided to purchase the second SW.

SVS support was great as they had me balance the volume of the 2 subs. After setting the receiver SW out to -3 dbs I raised the volume of each sub separately to 75 dbs using a sound meter). Playing both together the meter measured 81 dbs which was where the SVS advisor suggested that this was about right.

I then used the Audyssey setup in the Marantz to set up all the speakers which had been set to small (including the front towers) with a passover set at 80. I am now playing through blurays to see if I like the results. So far so good-the base sound is powerful but clean and is non-directional-you can't tell where it is coming from.

Kudos to SVS for their support.

John
Congrats John to your second sub. I have similar set up dual PC12-Pluses and it is exactly what I love it, you can't tell where bass coming from and they are deep , clean!!!
Enjoy!!!

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
Old 07-27-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopin_Guy View Post
Still working on getting my SB13 dialed in through some more listening -- going to adjust my main crossover (as they are running full range), and try some different things. However, I'm starting thinking the SB doesn't have the guts for my large room. Not going to count it out, but was definitely hoping to go sealed as the SB13 is so easy to move around.

Question to those with STA-1000D amp -- is it usual for this thing to be non responsive unless it has a signal. Two times now I have had to either start playing content, or unplug the sub for 10+ seconds and repower -- in order to get the menus to come on when toggling with the select knob. This can't possibly be normal behavior??
ALL speakers are non-responsive without a signal. Do you want to leave it on and turn on with a signal? Turn the Power Switch to On. Power Mode Toggle to Auto.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Still working on getting my SB13 dialed in through some more listening -- going to adjust my main crossover (as they are running full range), and try some different things. However, I'm starting thinking the SB doesn't have the guts for my large room. Not going to count it out, but was definitely hoping to go sealed as the SB13 is so easy to move around.

Question to those with STA-1000D amp -- is it usual for this thing to be non responsive unless it has a signal. Two times now I have had to either start playing content, or unplug the sub for 10+ seconds and repower -- in order to get the menus to come on when toggling with the select knob. This can't possibly be normal behavior??
I've had my SB13 for a couple of weeks and haven't had much problem. Don't know how large your room is but mine is about 3600 cu ft with two openings. So far the response is quite good and I'm assuming I'll recalibrate in another couple of weeks after it has loosened up.

Sorry, completely misread your second question. My humble apologies.
I agree it seems to be difficult to get the menu to appear. Pretty much have to do what you listed to get it to turn on.

Last edited by davelr; 07-28-2014 at 07:53 AM. Reason: brain fart
Old 07-28-2014, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
I find to get the welcome screen to come up, I have to push the knob for a few seconds (this is normal I think). However, when the welcome screen appears, it quickly disappears before going into the menu. Further, it then takes a looooong time for the welcome screen to come back up by again pushing the knob -- but this time, when the welcome screen appears, it does then go into the menu and all is well. It's a pain but I control the sub via my A/V receiver, so after initial setup, I'll almost never touch the sub's internal menu.

Links: My System Diagram / System Pix
Yamaha RX-A2010, Samsung UN55B8000, AppleTV, Roku3, Yamaha CDC-685, Oppo BDP-93
Klipsch: (2) RF-83's, (1) RC-64, (2) RVX-54's, (2) RSX-5's
SVS: (1) SB13-Ultra
See links above for additional system details.

Last edited by lflorack; 07-28-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:16 AM

Just a quick note to pass along something that surprised me about the new SB13-Ultra that I just bought and have been posting about this past week. Although I expected for bass to be louder, cleaner and more powerful, I didn't expect the entire system to sound so much better. The system sounds much clearer, open and better overall - not just the bass but everything. I can't explain it but my wife has definitely noticed this too.

I'll stop now so I don't sound too much like a fanboy!
cchunter likes this.

Last edited by lflorack; 07-28-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by lflorack View Post
Just a quick note to pas along something that surprised me about the new SB14-Ultra that I just bought and have been posting about this past week. Although I expected for bass to be louder, cleaner and more powerful, I didn't expect the entire system to sound so much better. The system sounds much clearer, open and better overall - not just the bass but everything. I can't explain it but my wife has definitely noticed this too.

That was my exact same thoughts after bringing the SB13 into my setup. Everything just sounded amazingly better. Congrats on your new Ultra.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS4
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
Old 07-28-2014, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Just a quick note to pas along something that surprised me about the new SB13-Ultra that I just bought and have been posting about this past week. Although I expected for bass to be louder, cleaner and more powerful, I didn't expect the entire system to sound so much better. The system sounds much clearer, open and better overall - not just the bass but everything. I can't explain it but my wife has definitely noticed this too.
I had the same sensation when I added the SB-2000 to my system, in a smallish room. I did not get that impression with a PB-1000. That probably says more about the room than the PB1, however.
lflorack likes this.

Last edited by Nikwasi; 07-28-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Just a quick note to pass along something that surprised me about the new SB13-Ultra that I just bought and have been posting about this past week. Although I expected for bass to be louder, cleaner and more powerful, I didn't expect the entire system to sound so much better. The system sounds much clearer, open and better overall - not just the bass but everything. I can't explain it but my wife has definitely noticed this too.

I've owned a few bad subwoofers that made everything sound worse.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
I find to get the welcome screen to come up, I have to push the knob for a few seconds (this is normal I think). However, when the welcome screen appears, it quickly disappears before going into the menu. Further, it then takes a looooong time for the welcome screen to come back up by again pushing the knob -- but this time, when the welcome screen appears, it does then go into the menu and all is well. It's a pain but I control the sub via my A/V receiver, so after initial setup, I'll almost never touch the sub's internal menu.
Thanks for the reply...

I talked with Ed at SVS, and it seems that the DSP section of the amp will go to sleep and this makes it difficult to wake. The best option seems to be flipping the power switch to on, as opposed to auto for a moment to get it to come on...

Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.
--Sergei Rachmaninov

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
--Hector Berlioz
Old 07-28-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply...

I talked with Ed at SVS, and it seems that the DSP section of the amp will go to sleep and this makes it difficult to wake. The best option seems to be flipping the power switch to on, as opposed to auto for a moment to get it to come on...

Thanks for the info. As I said, I won't be using the sub control menu much, but it's good to know.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
[quote=tang7969;26021874]
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I still have it. It is past 45 days so I would have to pay shipping on both subs. I'm just trying to figure out if the SB13 would still give me even more slam then the PC12 plus.
Yes it will. I had the pc12 plus & pc20-39 prior to getting the SB13-Ultra. The 13 series is a big upgrade from the plus series. Just watched Oblivion and wow. Very impressed. Michael Jackson's This is it sounded so much better than the pc12 plus that I am thinking the pc13-ultra may not be an improvement over the SB ultra.
mnc and tang7969 like this.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 165
Well I just have to tell you all because I just can't believe it. After four years with 4 PB13 Ultras and 2 PB12 Pluses and an ASEQ1 in a 12x12 square room, I finally got my room graph flat. I set the ASEQ1 to 1 in and 1 out, which I have never done (always 1 in and 2 out to the left and right stacks of subs respectively), but out of laziness I thought I'd give it a try, and wham, it is flat. I had the graph certificate up on my laptop for a half hour because I just couldn't believe it. I tried to tell my wife about this momentous occasion, but she just stared at me blankly. You fellas, are the only ones that might care lol.
GR8Dane604 likes this.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 44
So i got my klipsch RS-62 II SURROUND'S.And i have to say man these speaker's are big.I am glad i got the surround first over the subwoofer.Thi right now as i am writeing this no joke i am blasting the hobbit desolation of smaug.And let me tell you the sound's i am getting from the surround's are fantastic.I how ever do want to get the svs pb13-ultra still.Man reason i need it I want to feel more power of bass.I feel that the bass in my RF-7 II are a little lover then i thought in bass.Maybe its because the hobbit is more bass driven then it is speaker driven too.IDK i know there is going to be a big different once i get the svs pb13 ultra.I will ost pic soon.just need to do some fixing on my receiver for calabration a little more.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 7
ok after of weeks of decision making I finally pulled the trigger on SVS PB 2000 yesterday. Im excited ^^ I'll try to post picture once it comes. I almost couldn't sleep last night because of my excitement.
cchunter and retro124 like this.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post
Well I just have to tell you all because I just can't believe it. After four years with 4 PB13 Ultras and 2 PB12 Pluses and an ASEQ1 in a 12x12 square room, I finally got my room graph flat. I set the ASEQ1 to 1 in and 1 out, which I have never done (always 1 in and 2 out to the left and right stacks of subs respectively), but out of laziness I thought I'd give it a try, and wham, it is flat. I had the graph certificate up on my laptop for a half hour because I just couldn't believe it. I tried to tell my wife about this momentous occasion, but she just stared at me blankly. You fellas, are the only ones that might care lol.
You have 6 huge subs in a 12 x 12 room?

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Old 07-28-2014, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGATURON View Post
ok after of weeks of decision making I finally pulled the trigger on SVS PB 2000 yesterday. Im excited ^^ I'll try to post picture once it comes. I almost couldn't sleep last night because of my excitement.
Congrats to your new sub, let us know what do you think when you get it!!!

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
Old 07-28-2014, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Congrats to your new sub, let us know what do you think when you get it!!!

Sure will but it wont come until couple of weeks coz I live in Guam.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGATURON View Post
Sure will but it wont come until couple of weeks coz I live in Guam.
I know it is hard to wait even longer but it is worth to wait!!!

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
Old 07-29-2014, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
Yes, and with the three Buttkickers in the couch, it's a visceral experience (and now flat!).
Old 07-29-2014, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
stupid and over the top. In a 12' x 12' room dual PB12 Plus would be more than you ever would need. Let alone two Ultra's.

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

Old 07-29-2014, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom View Post
stupid and over the top. In a 12' x 12' room dual PB12 Plus would be more than you ever would need. Let alone two Ultra's.
Thanks for your intelligent input.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 882
That actually is intelligent input because hes looking at it in a practical way. If it makes you feel good to have far more bass than is necessary for your room that would be emotional.
Tom Riddle likes this.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 202
yeah I'm all for getting quality subs, but 6 high end subs in a medium sized room? Daft! I'd keep the two Ultras, sell off all the others. Or indeed dual SB Ultra 13's. Using SB Ultra 13 in a 800' cu room, you could say that is over the top, well PC Ultra 13 was so I got rid of it. PC Ultra duals in a 3m x 3m room would be way stupid.

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

Old 07-29-2014, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Thank you all for your positive comments. My emotional and stupid room is downright incredible. Perhaps if you all could visit you would feel and think differently. And I like the daft comment. Yes I am daft lol.
lovinthehd likes this.

Last edited by d_m1010; 07-29-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I don't think Popalock would think it's stupid. But, then again...
Old 07-29-2014, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post
Thanks for your intelligent input.
It's your setup. If you like it, don't worry about what other people say. People like HTIB's to Popalock system. Telling someone that their system is stupid is just a reflection upon themselves. Enjoy the music!
d_m1010 and cchunter like this.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Jealous of his subs?
d_m1010 likes this.

Politics is like religion. You never know who you serve.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Says the jealous man who is experiencing extreme bass envy.

Seriously, your comment is the only thing stupid going on.

How would you know what is "more than" anyone would need?
d_m1010 likes this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000