Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 583 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 3535Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17461 of 25214 Old 08-03-2014, 06:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,492
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
I think m center speaker and surround are set to 60htz .Should i change them to a different setting.I dont have a bass so yeah maybe that's why.
You are probably losing some mid bass because you are telling the speaker to only do sound above 60. If you can set them to large and full range that's what you want to do without a sub. I hope I remember that correctly.

Main room (3D blu ray, PS4) - LG 65EG9600: Denon x4000, Klipsch RC-62II, RF-62II x2, RS-41II x2, SVS PC-12NSD + Klipsch RW12d
Couple small LCDs - PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, N64, 3DO, Saturn and other various retro game collections MINT COMPLETE games
Teremei is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17462 of 25214 Old 08-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Member
 
trog69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: S. W. USA
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Yeah I had this same feeling when I got my PS12-NSD. I'm sure a lot went into it. Having good room correction software, towers and center, and sub can really make audio shine. I've been told this, having a good sub and the crossovers set correctly, it allows the sub to handle the hard stuff. It actually made my mid-bass punchier. Maybe that's because the towers can focus more on that. It's pretty amazing though.
I found the exact same thing with the SB12-NSD that I demo'ed for about two weeks. Everything about the bookshelf's was so much clearer, tighter, and and I even suspect that the sound stage improved as well.

PB-1000 on the way to my house now. Should arrive either Mon. or Tues. I should just wait until I've saved the extra $300 for the PB-2000, but after listening to the SB12, I just hear too much of the bad and none of the good from this PSW505. The Polky isn't bad, especially for the $150 new I paid for it, but no way I can go for two or three months waiting after the incredible sound from that tiny SVS phenom. I'm betting I'll be pretty happy with the PB-1000, as it will give me what I really crave, the impact of kick-drums and other lower mid-bass freq.

i7-6700k @4ghz/gtx 980ti SC+/Sandisk256gb SSD-Toshiba 2TB HDD/Asrock z170 Extreme 4 mobo/16gb 2133 ram/Sound via Pioneer Elite vsx-90/B&W 601se/KEF C-40(dual-8"driver mini-towers)/SVS PB-2000 sub/FiiO E17 Alpen DAC/Audio Technica M50 headphones(never used! heheh)/Crossover 2560x1440 monitor
trog69 is offline  
post #17463 of 25214 Old 08-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Does anyone know any other company's that use sledge amps for there subwoofer's.I was told by a few people over the phone that the only company who use sledge amps are company's that sell expensive subwoofer.That being said i feel this is why svs sell's so many sub's at such of a good price because of the what the put inside there sub's.can someone explain more.I would like to know.
joseph10704 is offline  
post #17464 of 25214 Old 08-04-2014, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,516
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
Does anyone know any other company's that use sledge amps for there subwoofer's.I was told by a few people over the phone that the only company who use sledge amps are company's that sell expensive subwoofer.That being said i feel this is why svs sell's so many sub's at such of a good price because of the what the put inside there sub's.can someone explain more.I would like to know.
Just visit some other subs web sites and read about amps. Many companies sell still Bash amp, witch is older SVS amp. Many people love Sledge amp and I'm one of them. It is digital displey set up, XLR connection, stronger amp at least in SVS models, better technology, maybe? My two 8 years old Klipsch subs had Bash amp so I'm just guessing Bash amp is getting out of market slowly and Sledge amp is next generation but maybe I'm wrong. I really don't care that much about it, SVS is just perfect for what I need and if Sledge amp helps good for them and us!!!
joseph10704 likes this.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's, RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Emotiva XPA-200, UPA-7 Oppo 103D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3, Panasonic DMP-UB900

Last edited by retro124; 08-04-2014 at 10:23 PM.
retro124 is online now  
post #17465 of 25214 Old 08-04-2014, 10:42 PM
Member
 
dprice18af's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Pb12nsd

I have had the PB12NSD for a few weeks now, and I have to say wow. I love the flat, deep, tight sound. It does make my towers sound better. I'm guessing because there is not muddy bass drowning out the higher frequency sounds from the towers and center. I was watching a movie with my wife where there was a sudden explosion. It scared us to death! The bass was deep and strong, but not over done. Gravity must have some deep bass that you can feel and not hear, because some of those scenes I was feeling pulsing on my chest. That is exactly the tactile feel I was hoping for. Well done SVS! Time to watch all the movies in my collection all over again.
dprice18af is offline  
post #17466 of 25214 Old 08-05-2014, 04:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
Cal68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Hi All

I need to get a pair of rear surround speakers to go with my B&W 803 Nautilus S2 LCR. They need to be speakers that I can place on stands since my living room does not allow me to install any speakers on walls. In addition, the rears would be very close to my seating position, perhaps 3 feet from the main listening position. If I went with matching B&W speakers, it would have to be the 805 D2 which is a lot of money. So I'm thinking of trying the SVS ultra surround to see if it would work in my home theater. Any thoughts on how this combination would work? Also, any advice on whether to go with the bipole/dipole set-up in my situation where the speaker will be close to my listening position?

There are several reasons I'm looking at SVS. This includes my previous experience with their subs (I have three of them at home!) as well as their generous return policy. I know that I can always return the speaker if it does not work for me.

Thanks for your advice.

Cal68
Cal68 is offline  
post #17467 of 25214 Old 08-05-2014, 06:24 AM
 
fatbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 5,916
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1420 Post(s)
Liked: 518
For rear speakers that are close to your seating position I'd look into bipole or tripole. Generally they're quite slim and tall so fitting on stands would be tricky, probably want to use a bit of blu tack to really hold them onto the stand.
fatbottom is offline  
post #17468 of 25214 Old 08-06-2014, 04:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
Cal68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Thanks for your advice my friend. My speaker stands have a fairly wide base and will not tip over, so I think that I will give the Ultra Surrounds a try and see what they sound like in the various modes that they can be used in (including bipole). I hope I'll get a discount as a repeat SVS customer, and the 45 day in-home trial will help me make a decision on whether to keep them or not.

Cal68
Cal68 is offline  
post #17469 of 25214 Old 08-06-2014, 05:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,138
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked: 1769
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom View Post
For rear speakers that are close to your seating position I'd look into bipole or tripole. Generally they're quite slim and tall so fitting on stands would be tricky, probably want to use a bit of blu tack to really hold them onto the stand.
+1 BluTack works great.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #17470 of 25214 Old 08-06-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JewDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 1,050
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 85
So I'm curious how most people are running their SVS-PB-12 Ultra subs. What mode and how many ports are you sealing?

JewDaddy is online now  
post #17471 of 25214 Old 08-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Rgdeuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The desert
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprice18af View Post
I have had the PB12NSD for a few weeks now, and I have to say wow. I love the flat, deep, tight sound. It does make my towers sound better. I'm guessing because there is not muddy bass drowning out the higher frequency sounds from the towers and center. I was watching a movie with my wife where there was a sudden explosion. It scared us to death! The bass was deep and strong, but not over done. Gravity must have some deep bass that you can feel and not hear, because some of those scenes I was feeling pulsing on my chest. That is exactly the tactile feel I was hoping for. Well done SVS! Time to watch all the movies in my collection all over again.
Nice. How many cubic ft is the room it is in? I have two PB12NSD's, love them
Rgdeuce is offline  
post #17472 of 25214 Old 08-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I been thinking alot about what my choice's are in buying a svs subwoofer.And while i wish i can get dual pb-13 ultra's.I just dont know if i should do that i mean yes it would be bad ass.But my mind is at just getting the first ultra then thinking about getting a second ultra after.The money i am not really worryed about main reason i been saveing up for a ultra so yeah why worry about soemthing that you know you will get just have to take time in these kind's of things.One thing is my room in not really big it's about 9 x11 so yeah i feel haveign one ultra would be for the most part REALLY FINE.The main reason i wanted dual ultra's was because i wanted even bass.You dont get that much even bass when haveing one sub.Maybe you can but it's not that easy for my room size.
joseph10704 is offline  
post #17473 of 25214 Old 08-06-2014, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,516
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
I been thinking alot about what my choice's are in buying a svs subwoofer.And while i wish i can get dual pb-13 ultra's.I just dont know if i should do that i mean yes it would be bad ass.But my mind is at just getting the first ultra then thinking about getting a second ultra after.The money i am not really worryed about main reason i been saveing up for a ultra so yeah why worry about soemthing that you know you will get just have to take time in these kind's of things.One thing is my room in not really big it's about 9 x11 so yeah i feel haveign one ultra would be for the most part REALLY FINE.The main reason i wanted dual ultra's was because i wanted even bass.You dont get that much even bass when haveing one sub.Maybe you can but it's not that easy for my room size.
Dual Ultras is the best you can get from SVS so why not. No reason to buy 2 together. Just get one enjoy for little wild and add second later on. I planned to do same but I got excellent deal on dual Pluses since my 2 shipping damage delivery so it is why I kept 2 subs in same time. Otherwise I will buy just one and add second later on who knows.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's, RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Emotiva XPA-200, UPA-7 Oppo 103D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3, Panasonic DMP-UB900
retro124 is online now  
post #17474 of 25214 Old 08-06-2014, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,782
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
I been thinking alot about what my choice's are in buying a svs subwoofer.And while i wish i can get dual pb-13 ultra's.I just dont know if i should do that i mean yes it would be bad ass.But my mind is at just getting the first ultra then thinking about getting a second ultra after.The money i am not really worryed about main reason i been saveing up for a ultra so yeah why worry about soemthing that you know you will get just have to take time in these kind's of things.One thing is my room in not really big it's about 9 x11 so yeah i feel haveign one ultra would be for the most part REALLY FINE.The main reason i wanted dual ultra's was because i wanted even bass.You dont get that much even bass when haveing one sub.Maybe you can but it's not that easy for my room size.
Odds are you won't have to worry about uneven bass with a PB13 in a 9 x11 room.
joseph10704 likes this.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Oppo 103D Sony PS4
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is offline  
post #17475 of 25214 Old 08-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Member
 
dprice18af's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgdeuce View Post
Nice. How many cubic ft is the room it is in? I have two PB12NSD's, love them
I never measured my room, but it is pretty small. My wife yells at me when I get a movie going because it shakes the floor.
joseph10704 likes this.
dprice18af is offline  
post #17476 of 25214 Old 08-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Senior Member
 
jwtallguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Westminster , CA
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Any REW room sweeps with their pc12+s out there?
jwtallguy is offline  
post #17477 of 25214 Old 08-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Odds are you won't have to worry about uneven bass with a PB13 in a 9 x11 room.
This is so true ,i will still have a really good sound stage in my room.The svs pb-13 ultra is crazy loud from what i read and from what other's who have on told me.Infact most of every i talked to that have a unltra has a small room like me so yeah.The only way to find out is to get the beast in my room lmao.
joseph10704 is offline  
post #17478 of 25214 Old 08-07-2014, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,782
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
This is so true ,i will still have a really good sound stage in my room.The svs pb-13 ultra is crazy loud from what i read and from what other's who have on told me.Infact most of every i talked to that have a unltra has a small room like me so yeah.The only way to find out is to get the beast in my room lmao.
Save yourself 400.00 and get the SB13 Ultra. It would be a much better fit in that small of a room IMO. You would be fine with a PB12 Plus as well but that sub takes up a lot of real estate like its big brother.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Oppo 103D Sony PS4
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is offline  
post #17479 of 25214 Old 08-07-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,143
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Save yourself 400.00 and get the SB13 Ultra. It would be a much better fit in that small of a room IMO. You would be fine with a PB12 Plus as well but that sub takes up a lot of real estate like its big brother.
Don't forget about the water heaters. Small footprint.
cchunter likes this.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Korben Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
Mongo171 is offline  
post #17480 of 25214 Old 08-07-2014, 01:52 PM
 
fatbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 5,916
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1420 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
This is so true ,i will still have a really good sound stage in my room.The svs pb-13 ultra is crazy loud from what i read and from what other's who have on told me.Infact most of every i talked to that have a unltra has a small room like me so yeah.The only way to find out is to get the beast in my room lmao.
In a small room get the SB Ultra 13. I never got on with PC Ultra 13 for music, so sold it got SB Ultra 13. More suited to my room and sounds better.
fatbottom is offline  
post #17481 of 25214 Old 08-07-2014, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
AllenA07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,542
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
I been thinking alot about what my choice's are in buying a svs subwoofer.And while i wish i can get dual pb-13 ultra's.I just dont know if i should do that i mean yes it would be bad ass.But my mind is at just getting the first ultra then thinking about getting a second ultra after.The money i am not really worryed about main reason i been saveing up for a ultra so yeah why worry about soemthing that you know you will get just have to take time in these kind's of things.One thing is my room in not really big it's about 9 x11 so yeah i feel haveign one ultra would be for the most part REALLY FINE.The main reason i wanted dual ultra's was because i wanted even bass.You dont get that much even bass when haveing one sub.Maybe you can but it's not that easy for my room size.
I'm making plans to turn a spare bedroom into a dedicated theater and would be running my PC12+ in there. Room is a little bit bigger (11 x 12) but really is in the same ballpark. Considering how powerful my sub is in the much larger living room I'm not at all worried about headroom in such a small room. You've got the ultra to boot, so i really don't think you'll have an issue. An Ultra is going to rock that room. As for even bass, there is an argument to be made there, but I still tend to think you'll likely be okay.

My Theater: The Ugly Theater
AllenA07 is online now  
post #17482 of 25214 Old 08-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
roland6465's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 896
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
My current Facebook status is- Finally got around to watching Gravity 3D in the theater room. Your sub wishes it was an SVS.

Had the SB2000 for about 90 days now, probably only 30 hours of material, and it just keeps getting better.
roland6465 is offline  
post #17483 of 25214 Old 08-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
I'm making plans to turn a spare bedroom into a dedicated theater and would be running my PC12+ in there. Room is a little bit bigger (11 x 12) but really is in the same ballpark. Considering how powerful my sub is in the much larger living room I'm not at all worried about headroom in such a small room. You've got the ultra to boot, so i really don't think you'll have an issue. An Ultra is going to rock that room. As for even bass, there is an argument to be made there, but I still tend to think you'll likely be okay.
Yeah i mean even if my room is too small.I feel there is never too much bass.I watch so many movie's as it is that bass would be even better hooked up to my RF-7 II.A ultra is what i really want the pb-13 ultra has been on my list for year's.Just been trying to pay bill's and trying to get back in to edacation is something that's has to be done.It's not easy i just got a 2,500 crdit card from discover today in the mail.And while i feel like buying a pb-13 ultra right now lmao I WOULD BE A FOOL TO DO SOMETHING SO CRAZY LIKE THAT.When i have to pay bill's with the credit card not want's.But that's ok i will keep saveing my money i been puting away.I got 1,600 buck's put aside for the pb-13 ultra.Just a few more week's or month's and we are gold.
joseph10704 is offline  
post #17484 of 25214 Old 08-07-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,516
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
Yeah i mean even if my room is too small.I feel there is never too much bass.I watch so many movie's as it is that bass would be even better hooked up to my RF-7 II.A ultra is what i really want the pb-13 ultra has been on my list for year's.Just been trying to pay bill's and trying to get back in to edacation is something that's has to be done.It's not easy i just got a 2,500 crdit card from discover today in the mail.And while i feel like buying a pb-13 ultra right now lmao I WOULD BE A FOOL TO DO SOMETHING SO CRAZY LIKE THAT.When i have to pay bill's with the credit card not want's.But that's ok i will keep saveing my money i been puting away.I got 1,600 buck's put aside for the pb-13 ultra.Just a few more week's or month's and we are gold.
If your goal is PB13-Ultra go for it. If you compromise and get something else you will never stop thinking what if.
Check outlet section also there is often PB13-Ultras with small or no demage and it is $200 less so why not!!!
It is crazy to buy it from credit card because if cant pay it off in 30 days you will end up with Ultra for $2800 on the end or even more, better save little more and pay for it from your saving.
If you want compare 2 subs in one time buy PB ultra from saving and buy from credit card SB ultra like cchunter love and recomended and
You van compare them and decide if you not 100% sure it will cost you nothing and it is nice to compare or try dual set up !!!

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's, RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Emotiva XPA-200, UPA-7 Oppo 103D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3, Panasonic DMP-UB900
retro124 is online now  
post #17485 of 25214 Old 08-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
If your goal is PB13-Ultra go for it. If you compromise and get something else you will never stop thinking what if.
Check outlet section also there is often PB13-Ultras with small or no demage and it is $200 less so why not!!!
It is crazy to buy it from credit card because if cant pay it off in 30 days you will end up with Ultra for $2800 on the end or even more, better save little more and pay for it from your saving.
If you want compare 2 subs in one time buy PB ultra from saving and buy from credit card SB ultra like cchunter love and recomended and
You van compare them and decide if you not 100% sure it will cost you nothing and it is nice to compare or try dual set up !!!
Yeah i was going to order from svs .But they chager new york state tax i live in new york state so yeah i am going to order from onecall.As for buying the sub with a card.I am just going tosave my money still and buy the first pb-13 ultra and then down the road we will see about a second ultra.The idea was to put all my home theater gear in the livieng room.But i got a family member liveing in there for right now.So yeah at this point all i can do is save and wait.
joseph10704 is offline  
post #17486 of 25214 Old 08-07-2014, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,516
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
Yeah i was going to order from svs .But they chager new york state tax i live in new york state so yeah i am going to order from onecall.As for buying the sub with a card.I am just going tosave my money still and buy the first pb-13 ultra and then down the road we will see about a second ultra.The idea was to put all my home theater gear in the livieng room.But i got a family member liveing in there for right now.So yeah at this point all i can do is save and wait.
I dont like Onecall, they looks like a good company but they are not. Many items what they sell there is no warranty, like open boxes from Klipsch. Customer service is terryble!!!! I will better suck tax from
SVS then ever buy from Onecall( seriously it is group of amateurs who cares just about making $$$ only).

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's, RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Emotiva XPA-200, UPA-7 Oppo 103D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3, Panasonic DMP-UB900

Last edited by retro124; 08-07-2014 at 09:13 PM.
retro124 is online now  
post #17487 of 25214 Old 08-07-2014, 09:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,138
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked: 1769
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
Yeah i was going to order from svs .But they chager new york state tax i live in new york state so yeah i am going to order from onecall.As for buying the sub with a card.I am just going tosave my money still and buy the first pb-13 ultra and then down the road we will see about a second ultra.The idea was to put all my home theater gear in the livieng room.But i got a family member liveing in there for right now.So yeah at this point all i can do is save and wait.
You mean your Dad? The one that owns the house.
Rgdeuce likes this.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #17488 of 25214 Old 08-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I dont like Onecall, they looks like a good company but they are not. Many items what they sell there is no warranty, like open boxes from Klipsch. Customer service is terryble!!!! I will better suck tax from
SVS then ever buy from Onecall( seriously it is group of amateurs who cares just about making $$$ only).
I have ordered from onecall many time's.Never had any problem's warrentys on all there thing's are covered.SVS even told me that they cover the warretny 5 years parts and labor .I just would have to go to svs to get a replacement.Main reason why i do not want to buy from svs is because like i said they charge sales tax and sale tax on a svs pb-13ultra in new york state alone is 300 buck's.THE HELL WITH THAT BS.I am lucky that onecall sell's svs sub's.

By the way it's a company who yes makes money.But they dont think about your money.i mean really mostly everyone out there want's your money.So call out onecall just because they want your money is really funny when you say it like that.We live in a world were money is more important then religion.Or anything else for that matter.And yes i agree it suck's.But what can you do.All you can do is enjoy what your buy .and use it
joseph10704 is offline  
post #17489 of 25214 Old 08-08-2014, 02:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
tang7969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tonawanda NY
Posts: 680
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
I have ordered from onecall many time's.Never had any problem's warrentys on all there thing's are covered.SVS even told me that they cover the warretny 5 years parts and labor .I just would have to go to svs to get a replacement.Main reason why i do not want to buy from svs is because like i said they charge sales tax and sale tax on a svs pb-13ultra in new york state alone is 300 buck's.THE HELL WITH THAT BS.I am lucky that onecall sell's svs sub's.

By the way it's a company who yes makes money.But they dont think about your money.i mean really mostly everyone out there want's your money.So call out onecall just because they want your money is really funny when you say it like that.We live in a world were money is more important then religion.Or anything else for that matter.And yes i agree it suck's.But what can you do.All you can do is enjoy what your buy .and use it
You pay 15% sales tax??

SAMSUNG UN607150- OPPO BDP 103D- PSA 210T L/R -PHANTOM CENTER -ENERGY RC-10 SURROUNDS -PSA S3000i - MARANTZ SR7008 - APPLE TV -MONSTER POWER HTS2600MK -DIRECTV GENIE -HARMONY ELITE

BASEMENT SETUP- SAMSUNG UN466500- ENERGY 50'S L/R - DENON-AVR-3311CI- PS3 -APPLETV- MINI GENIE
tang7969 is offline  
post #17490 of 25214 Old 08-08-2014, 03:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,143
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
I have ordered from onecall many time's.Never had any problem's warrentys on all there thing's are covered.SVS even told me that they cover the warretny 5 years parts and labor .I just would have to go to svs to get a replacement.Main reason why i do not want to buy from svs is because like i said they charge sales tax and sale tax on a svs pb-13ultra in new york state alone is 300 buck's.THE HELL WITH THAT BS.I am lucky that onecall sell's svs sub's.

By the way it's a company who yes makes money.But they dont think about your money.i mean really mostly everyone out there want's your money.So call out onecall just because they want your money is really funny when you say it like that.We live in a world were money is more important then religion.Or anything else for that matter.And yes i agree it suck's.But what can you do.All you can do is enjoy what your buy .and use it
I paid $113 tax for my PC13-Ultra from SVS. I live in Buffalo.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Korben Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
Mongo171 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off