post #17491 of 17500 Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
It's your setup. If you like it, don't worry about what other people say. People like HTIB's to Popalock system. Telling someone that their system is stupid is just a reflection upon themselves. Enjoy the music!
Thanks, that's exactly what I think. I'm not judging anyone's setup here. Have fun and enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17492 of 17500 Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post
Thanks, that's exactly what I think. I'm not judging anyone's setup here. Have fun and enjoy!
No criticism at all, but I did wonder how you get all the equipment into the room, not to mention chairs? A pic would be terrific, I'd love to see what it looks like. Wouldn't mind hearing it either, but from Denver the impact probably wouldn't be that great.
d_m1010 and cchunter like this.
post #17493 of 17500 Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 437
Yes a picture or two would be cool.
d_m1010 likes this.

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #17494 of 17500 Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Yes a picture or two would be cool.
http://www.avsforum.com/content/type.../1000/flags/LL

http://www.avsforum.com/content/type.../1000/flags/LL
fredxr2d2 likes this.
post #17495 of 17500 Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 53
That setup must shift internal organs
d_m1010 likes this.
post #17496 of 17500 Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgdeuce View Post
That setup must shift internal organs
lol yeah sometimes.
post #17497 of 17500 Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by lflorack View Post
Just a quick note to pass along something that surprised me about the new SB13-Ultra that I just bought and have been posting about this past week. Although I expected for bass to be louder, cleaner and more powerful, I didn't expect the entire system to sound so much better. The system sounds much clearer, open and better overall - not just the bass but everything. I can't explain it but my wife has definitely noticed this too.

I'll stop now so I don't sound too much like a fanboy!
Yeah I had this same feeling when I got my PS12-NSD. I'm sure a lot went into it. Having good room correction software, towers and center, and sub can really make audio shine. I've been told this, having a good sub and the crossovers set correctly, it allows the sub to handle the hard stuff. It actually made my mid-bass punchier. Maybe that's because the towers can focus more on that. It's pretty amazing though.
lflorack likes this.

Sony KDL-70R550A
Denon x4000 (o)c (0)
Klipsch RF-62IIs
Klipsch RC-62II
Polk T15s
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d
post #17498 of 17500 Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post
Thank you all for your positive comments. My emotional and stupid room is downright incredible. Perhaps if you all could visit you would feel and think differently. And I like the daft comment. Yes I am daft lol.
No, I do not think your setup is in anyway "stupid" (overkill maybe, but then there's nothing wrong with that... headroom is a good thing... and you have a lot of a good thing). Yes, I am jealous of your subs. And may I offer my condolences to your neighbors...
d_m1010 likes this.

Peace... Vader

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

post #17499 of 17500 Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader424242 View Post
No, I do not think your setup is in anyway "stupid" (overkill maybe, but then there's nothing wrong with that... headroom is a good thing... and you have a lot of a good thing). Yes, I am jealous of your subs. And may I offer my condolences to your neighbors...
Funny you mention the neighbors. Since I have moved to the country that has not been a problem (before yes). Now, only my wife complains.
post #17500 of 17500 Old Today, 04:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
yes sealed mode means all 3 ports sealed with foam cap and before you play it change on Sub amp from 16hz to sealed mode!!!! Mode ca be 20Hz, 16Hz or sealed on sub amp). Then rerun Audysey if you have AVR able to do it and you are ready to play in sealed mode!!!

Thanks for the help Retro. I prefer the new sealed mode sound and it's closer to what I'm looking for. I do have a few questions I'm hoping either you or someone else on this thread can help with. I have a 7.1 surround setup and I ran the MCACC on my Pioneer Elite SC-75 Receiver, which is their version of Audyssey. When it was finished, it had my Fronts and Center set to Large, with my Rears and Surrounds set to small. I've ran this before with the PB-12 Ultra and it always sets my fronts and center to large. I've always changed it back to small. Is this correct?? My Center is an AXIOM Audio VP-150 and my Towers are Axiom Audio M60's. Also, I have my speakers set to 100HZ. That's where the calibration put them. Not sure if that should be changed either.

Now there's some options I'm not exactly sure about and would like to get an opinion on where I should set them with my current setup. One of the options it gives me right before running the calibration is whether or not my speakers are THX. It says, "THX Speaker" and I can choose on or off. I kept it at off because I'm not sure if they are and what exactly that would do. The other setting I wasn't sure of deals with the subwoofer. There's an option after the calibration called "THX Select 2 SW" which is set to yes. Should I have the PB-12 set for THX Select 2? Whether I should or shouldn't, what exactly do I gain or lose from this. Thanks for the help!

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Speaker Systems , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page