post #17551 of 17948 Old 08-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
Yeah i was going to order from svs .But they chager new york state tax i live in new york state so yeah i am going to order from onecall.As for buying the sub with a card.I am just going tosave my money still and buy the first pb-13 ultra and then down the road we will see about a second ultra.The idea was to put all my home theater gear in the livieng room.But i got a family member liveing in there for right now.So yeah at this point all i can do is save and wait.
I dont like Onecall, they looks like a good company but they are not. Many items what they sell there is no warranty, like open boxes from Klipsch. Customer service is terryble!!!! I will better suck tax from
SVS then ever buy from Onecall( seriously it is group of amateurs who cares just about making $$$ only).

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3

Last edited by retro124; 08-07-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17552 of 17948 Old 08-07-2014, 08:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
Yeah i was going to order from svs .But they chager new york state tax i live in new york state so yeah i am going to order from onecall.As for buying the sub with a card.I am just going tosave my money still and buy the first pb-13 ultra and then down the road we will see about a second ultra.The idea was to put all my home theater gear in the livieng room.But i got a family member liveing in there for right now.So yeah at this point all i can do is save and wait.
You mean your Dad? The one that owns the house.
Rgdeuce likes this.
post #17553 of 17948 Old 08-07-2014, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I dont like Onecall, they looks like a good company but they are not. Many items what they sell there is no warranty, like open boxes from Klipsch. Customer service is terryble!!!! I will better suck tax from
SVS then ever buy from Onecall( seriously it is group of amateurs who cares just about making $$$ only).
I have ordered from onecall many time's.Never had any problem's warrentys on all there thing's are covered.SVS even told me that they cover the warretny 5 years parts and labor .I just would have to go to svs to get a replacement.Main reason why i do not want to buy from svs is because like i said they charge sales tax and sale tax on a svs pb-13ultra in new york state alone is 300 buck's.THE HELL WITH THAT BS.I am lucky that onecall sell's svs sub's.

By the way it's a company who yes makes money.But they dont think about your money.i mean really mostly everyone out there want's your money.So call out onecall just because they want your money is really funny when you say it like that.We live in a world were money is more important then religion.Or anything else for that matter.And yes i agree it suck's.But what can you do.All you can do is enjoy what your buy .and use it
post #17554 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 01:37 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
I have ordered from onecall many time's.Never had any problem's warrentys on all there thing's are covered.SVS even told me that they cover the warretny 5 years parts and labor .I just would have to go to svs to get a replacement.Main reason why i do not want to buy from svs is because like i said they charge sales tax and sale tax on a svs pb-13ultra in new york state alone is 300 buck's.THE HELL WITH THAT BS.I am lucky that onecall sell's svs sub's.

By the way it's a company who yes makes money.But they dont think about your money.i mean really mostly everyone out there want's your money.So call out onecall just because they want your money is really funny when you say it like that.We live in a world were money is more important then religion.Or anything else for that matter.And yes i agree it suck's.But what can you do.All you can do is enjoy what your buy .and use it
You pay 15% sales tax??

-46" SAMSUNG-ENERGY RC-50'S-ENERGY RC-LCR-ENERGY RC-10'S-PSA XV15se-PIONEER ELITE SC-25-OPPO BDP 103D
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17555 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 02:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 705
Quote:

I paid $113 tax for my PC13-Ultra from SVS. I live in Buffalo.

With dual subs, stack'em in the corner and put on a jockstrap. Don't want EVERYTHING in the room jingling!
post #17556 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 02:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Dual Ultras is the best you can get from SVS so why not. No reason to buy 2 together. Just get one enjoy for little wild and add second later on. I planned to do same but I got excellent deal on dual Pluses since my 2 shipping damage delivery so it is why I kept 2 subs in same time. Otherwise I will buy just one and add second later on who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
I'm making plans to turn a spare bedroom into a dedicated theater and would be running my PC12+ in there. Room is a little bit bigger (11 x 12) but really is in the same ballpark. Considering how powerful my sub is in the much larger living room I'm not at all worried about headroom in such a small room. You've got the ultra to boot, so i really don't think you'll have an issue. An Ultra is going to rock that room. As for even bass, there is an argument to be made there, but I still tend to think you'll likely be okay.
I agree with both sets of comments above. Get one ultra sub now and pick up the second one later when your budget allows it and your home theater demands it. That's what I did.

I am also always asking myself what my HT will look like in a couple of years and making sure that my speakers, subs, and amps will still fit the room I am thinking of. I moved from an apartment into a small house and then to a larger house in the space of a few years, so the HT that I had in my apartment was no longer suitable in the larger house. So if you already know that you will be moving your HT to a larger room, get the sub that will fill that space with bass now so that you don't have to upgrade a year from now. You can always dial down the Ultra to suit your current room if it is too loud.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Enjoy your Ultra, they are fabulous subs.
cchunter and joseph10704 like this.

Cal68
post #17557 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
I paid $113 tax for my PC13-Ultra from SVS. I live in Buffalo.
In new york state tax percentage is about 8 percent or more 8.75 percent.buying home theater gear in store is alot of money in taxs in new york state.i went on svs and the taxs for a pb-13 ultra was about 200 or less in just taxes.I find this to be utterley foolish to pay for something my state charges only for there greed because i am bring in something that is over 2000 buck's.No way if taxes were 50 to 100 buck's then maybe just maybe i would do it.i was told that svs would get the ultra to me in 2 day's too while onecall would take me 5 day's.both come by frate so yeah just different frate carriers.So idk i mean i could wait a week to pay zero taxs and free shipping and still the same full warrenty from svs.The only thing onecall does not do and svs wont do for onecall is that thing that people do were if svs makes a new sub you can bring it back in that one year and get the better subwoofer.It's pointless really because if i am getting a pb-13 ultra it's makes not sense because a ultra is the best one they make.so yeah at the ed of the day it's about choice's.if svs did not let onecall use the full 5 year warrenty part and labor then yes i would for sure say the hell with the taxs and bought from svs direct.
post #17558 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 05:29 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
In new york state tax percentage is about 8 percent or more 8.75 percent.buying home theater gear in store is alot of money in taxs in new york state.i went on svs and the taxs for a pb-13 ultra was about 200 or less in just taxes.I find this to be utterley foolish to pay for something my state charges only for there greed because i am bring in something that is over 2000 buck's.No way if taxes were 50 to 100 buck's then maybe just maybe i would do it.i was told that svs would get the ultra to me in 2 day's too while onecall would take me 5 day's.both come by frate so yeah just different frate carriers.So idk i mean i could wait a week to pay zero taxs and free shipping and still the same full warrenty from svs.The only thing onecall does not do and svs wont do for onecall is that thing that people do were if svs makes a new sub you can bring it back in that one year and get the better subwoofer.It's pointless really because if i am getting a pb-13 ultra it's makes not sense because a ultra is the best one they make.so yeah at the ed of the day it's about choice's.if svs did not let onecall use the full 5 year warrenty part and labor then yes i would for sure say the hell with the taxs and bought from svs direct.
The NY State Sales tax rate is 8% For a $2000 PB13-Ultra, that is $160 in taxes. (My NYS Sales Tax for an SB13-Ultra with the isolation system feet was $131.92). Your choice of course, but if you don't buy your sub at SVS, you may forfeit the 45-day free trial and refund as well as the free return shipping and probably the ability to use the full-value trade-up for 1-year too.

Links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yamaha RX-A2010, Samsung UN55B8000, AppleTV, Roku3, Yamaha CDC-685, Oppo BDP-93
Klipsch: (2) RF-83's, (1) RC-64, (2) RVX-54's, (2) RSX-5's
SVS: (1) SB13-Ultra
See links above for additional system details.
post #17559 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 05:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Most states are 7%. Another 1% doesnt exactly seem outrageous.
post #17560 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Try 20% VAT in the UK.

I would not recommend a ported subwoofer in a small room.

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

post #17561 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Consider the sales tax an early welcome to adulthood, lol
joseph10704 likes this.
post #17562 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 09:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgdeuce View Post
Consider the sales tax an early welcome to adulthood, lol
Or a downpayment on student loans and grants.
joseph10704 likes this.
post #17563 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
I have bought my RF62II's, RC64II, SVS Sb13 Ultra, and Panamax 5300PM conditioner from OneCall. Their customer support is very professional and I bargained with them on phone and saved over 1000.00 off of retail prices on all of what I mentioned except the SVS of course. Great company and have done me good. In fact it is my favorite store to shop online
joseph10704 likes this.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #17564 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
I have bought my RF62II's, RC64II, SVS Sb13 Ultra, and Panamax 5300PM conditioner from OneCall. Their customer support is very professional and I bargained with them on phone and saved over 1000.00 off of retail prices on all of what I mentioned except the SVS of course. Great company and have done me good. In fact it is my favorite store to shop online
Good for you, well I don't have that experience but that is fine.
cchunter likes this.

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #17565 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Good for you, well I don't have that experience but that is fine.
retro124 what do you mean you dont have that experience your a good person.You helped me out before with your comment's.on were to buy you have a smart mind bro.
retro124 likes this.
post #17566 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Yeah i agree onecall is a very good place to shop for home theater gear.I am glad i found someone who ordered there svs sub at onecall.I guess i wont be alone too.i ordered my marantz SR7007 from onecall a few month's back and it's wonderful.infact i got it for 1,000 bucks free shipping zero taxs.That receiver is worth 1,899 easy.
post #17567 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
retro124 what do you mean you dont have that experience your a good person.You helped me out before with your comment's.on were to buy you have a smart mind bro.
I think he meant he had a bad experience with OneCall in general.

Denon 4520
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #17568 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
yeah seaker on onecall again.You said you ordered your svs sb-13 ultras from onecall .How long did it take you to get both of them.and who was the frate company that shipped it out.
post #17569 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
yeah seaker on onecall again.You said you ordered your svs sb-13 ultras from onecall .How long did it take you to get both of them.and who was the frate company that shipped it out.
I only have one Ultra. It came fedex. The driver even helped me carry it into my house. Box in perfect condition thankfully. Took only 3-4 days to get here.

Denon 4520
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #17570 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I was just talking about Onecall, i just think there is better companies then them but it is my personal thought, no reason to fight over it. If onecall for SVS works for you go for it.

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #17571 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I was just talking about Onecall, i just think there is better companies then them but it is my personal thought, no reason to fight over it. If onecall for SVS works for you go for it.
I just know if shipping will have damage it will be much longer process to return then with SVS it is extra fast and easy but if you can save some $$$ on tax then buy it there.

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #17572 of 17948 Old 08-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Not really a bad one but just know for Klipsch speakers are there better companies then them a specially when you need expert help an all open boxes speakers from them have no warranties and lets say Sound distributors even on open box provide warranty it is all.
SVS sub if is possible is just better to buy from SVS better for customer. I did not know before joseph10704 need to pay tax on it is bought from SVS.

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #17573 of 17948 Old 08-09-2014, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
[Last week I received and installed an SVS PC12 plus to pair off with my SVS 20-39 PC plus which I have had for over 6 years. I have a dedicated theater room 15 foot by 21 foot and 7 feet high with a 7.2 system (originally 7.1). I have an Outlaw amp (200 watts by 7) with a Marantz receiver used as a pre-amp. I really liked the SVS sound but after suffering from upgraditis I decided to purchase the second SW.

SVS support was great as they had me balance the volume of the 2 subs. After setting the receiver SW out to -3 dbs I raised the volume of each sub separately to 75 dbs using a sound meter). Playing both together the meter measured 81 dbs which was where the SVS advisor suggested that this was about right.

I then used the Audyssey setup in the Marantz to set up all the speakers which had been set to small (including the front towers) with a passover set at 80. I am now playing through blurays to see if I like the results. So far so good-the base sound is powerful but clean and is non-directional-you can't tell where it is coming from.

Kudos to SVS for their support.

John]

As follow up to the above when I checked my SW out on my receiver I noticed that Audyssey had changed it to -7.5 dbs. Should I leave it at that or reset it manually back to -3dbs?

john
post #17574 of 17948 Old 08-09-2014, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Anyone tried the infamous grenade scene in World War Z? I watched the movie the other night with my svs pb-2000 and I got some serious 'port' chuffing' with that scene. Except for the chuffing it did sound awesome though.

So is chuffing the result of a poorly designed ported cabinet or is it the driver bottoming out?
post #17575 of 17948 Old 08-10-2014, 01:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvy111 View Post
Anyone tried the infamous grenade scene in World War Z? I watched the movie the other night with my svs pb-2000 and I got some serious 'port' chuffing' with that scene. Except for the chuffing it did sound awesome though.

So is chuffing the result of a poorly designed ported cabinet or is it the driver bottoming out?
Chuffing occurs when the sub is displacing more air than the ports can handle. Over-driving the design, not bottoming out.
geodon005 likes this.

With dual subs, stack'em in the corner and put on a jockstrap. Don't want EVERYTHING in the room jingling!
post #17576 of 17948 Old 08-10-2014, 06:01 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Add a second PB-2000.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, 65VT50
post #17577 of 17948 Old 08-10-2014, 06:23 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
Add a second PB-2000.
The thought did cross my mind.
post #17578 of 17948 Old 08-10-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Make sure the port isn't close to a wall.
post #17579 of 17948 Old 08-10-2014, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

Did you by chance have dynamic EQ in use at the time of chuffing? Because if so its because your asking more of the sub then you can at those frequencies
post #17580 of 17948 Old 08-10-2014, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Either the sub volume is to high or you like to listen to movies at very high levels in that case when you run into some sub level bass your pushing your sub to much. My suggestion go with a bigger sub like the PB12 Plus or Ultra or switched to a big sealed sub. I use to own ported subs and hated the chuffing so went with sealed.

Denon 4520
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page