Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 590 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 3515Likes

Old 08-25-2014, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
Haveing Dual sb13 ultra would be nice.But there is no way they go louder then pb-13 ultra.The pb013 ultra is a ported subwoofer.The driver's for both are the same.That being said i feel haveing a pb-13 ultra over a sb13 ultra is way better because your get the best of both world's.Because you can just close the port's up and have it sealed and have the same reading's as a sb13 ultra.I called svs and ed told me this.This was a few month's back ago when i talked to Ed .Dual sb13 ultra's tho would still sound kickass tho.And maybe your will get a more good feeling for music .But for movie's i would go ported all the way.Because you want that 20 htz feeling.or 16 for the most part.sealed is good for movie's but it cant go as low as you think it can.not as low as a pb13 ultra.

the sb13u goes lower than the pb13u... after the port tune the pb13u drops off at 24db/octave the sb13u is droping at a rate of a good sealed box of
12db/octave... which allows for great room gain ... down low 10hz the sb is going to win!!!

at the port tune the pb will win..

the goal for a good ht room should be 8hz!!!!! that's the ticket...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2014, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy301 View Post
the sb13u goes lower than the pb13u... after the port tune the pb13u drops off at 24db/octave the sb13u is droping at a rate of a good sealed box of
12db/octave... which allows for great room gain ... down low 10hz the sb is going to win!!!

You need a fairly small sealed room to get appreciable room gain. Even then, the output from a PB13 in 16Hz mode will be much more appreciable than a single SB13.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:44 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1420 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver2489 View Post
You need a fairly small sealed room to get appreciable room gain. Even then, the output from a PB13 in 16Hz mode will be much more appreciable than a single SB13.
In a 800 cu foot room, I went from PC Ultra 13 to SB Ultra 13. Don't require headroom of the ported models, so SB suited my room better.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom View Post
In a 800 cu foot room, I went from PC Ultra 13 to SB Ultra 13. Don't require headroom of the ported models, so SB suited my room better.
Yup and that's a perfect example of where a SB13 is a better fit. However, simply stating that the SB13 goes lower is a bit of a misnomer as if it doesn't have the output to support the room size and/or the room is large so there is no room gain to benefit from that low end extension, the ported models (tuned to 16Hz) are probably the better option.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
Neutro ...I beg to differ a bit regarding the SB13 low end content ability. Yes, one SB13 will be outclassed by a PB13 any day. But in my case, as I have dual SB13U's which has level and phase/time-aligned by SVS's sadly discontinued AS-EQ1, I get plenty of sub-20Hz output that rattle things off the walls (and its not loud bass) and my couch which I'm sitting on. The latter I find very amusing and pleasantly puzzling at the same time. My room is 2500 ft^2 .
Indeed, dual SB13's can add up to +6 dB compared with a single one. But typically unless you stack them, you'll get about +4 dB. That brings the dual setup closer to the PB13 at and under 20 Hz but the ported sub will still have the advantage. Of course above 40 Hz the dual SB13 will run circles* around the PB13

* Not actual circles. The SB13s barely move by themselves.

Quote:
actually I'm pretty sure the SB go lower, do they not? if PB13 is ported to 20hz, frequency drops like a stone below port tune, but SB does not. Only if you plug the port to 16hz or so.
Quote:
Hi Neutro.. im pretty sure the sb13 go deeper and louder at depth than the pb13u.. especially if you add in the room gain...
Indeed I assumed the 16 Hz tuning. In 16 Hz tuning, according to Data-Bass and assuming that the data for the PB13 in sealed mode is close enough to the SB13, the PB13 has a 13.6 dB advantage over a single SB13 at 16 Hz. Even taking room gain into account (which would act on both types of sub anyway), and stacking the dual SB13 to get +6 dB, there is still a 7.6 dB advantage to the single PB13 in the ULF range. The port is that powerful.

Sure if you're talking about, say, 10 Hz, the SB13 might have a slight advantage and have a cleaner output (if you're able to tell if a 10 Hz rumble is clean or not), but a single SB13 will only be able to push 80 dB or so at 10 Hz. It will thus be drowned out when playing 90+ dB content at 20 Hz and above.

Quote:
pair of these be pushing 100 dbs at 10 hz ez..
You'd have to have an amazing room gain to hit 100 dB at 10 Hz with any SVS sub!

That being said, the dual SB13 will provide smoother and more uniform bass, and will easily outclass the single PB13 for music (typically 30 Hz and above). The PB13 will provide more tactile feelings and more powerful rumbles with sub-30 Hz LFE in movies.
cableguy301 likes this.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 4740
Quote:
Hi Neutro.. im pretty sure the sb13 go deeper and louder at depth than the pb13u.. especially if you add in the room gain...

dual sb13u is a great way to go... pev off the neighbors with tight clean bass!!! lol

pair of these be pushing 100 dbs at 10 hz ez..
only around 10hz...from 16hz on up the PB13 dominates. A pair of SB13's would not hit 100db @ 10hz in most rooms either.

http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer...iew_fullscreen

Old 08-26-2014, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 52
My dual pc12+s hit 100 db at 10 hertz at just above reference in my 2700cf room so id assume id get more from a pb13 ultra. Theres a pic of it somewhere on here from a sweep I did.
cableguy301 likes this.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:23 AM

But other than maybe adding a little weight to a scene id never notice it, even in my truck 10 hertz at 115 db it does very little other than shake my seats back a forth violently and panels, now at 120 db it gets very hard to breathe but that doesnt make me enjoy it more lol
cableguy301 likes this.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 123
After closely examining bassheads81 graphs of the SB13u/PB13u SPL and distortion plots, I have to conclude hat Neutro is right. The PB13 will surely produce a deeper tactile feeling than the SB13.

I also examined the PB13U in sealed mode and was surprised to see that it had lower distortion levels than the SB13U. See below:

The SB13 had slightly higher SPL levels but its distortion was also much higher, often twice as much as the PB13 distortion levels. So, is it a myth that the SB13 sounds more musical than the PB13 as far as SVS is concerned? The distortion numbers prove the PB13 produces much lower distortion for the same SPL level than the SB13 in sealed mode. Their phase response plots are also similar if you read both reviews in sealed mode.

Maybe other lesser manufacturers initially proved that statement with their lesser designed products but with SVS, it seems to me that the SB and PB should be equally musical, with the PB13 outclassing it in low LFE movies. Mind you, I haven't heard a PB13 play but math is math and in this case, it doesn't lie. Yes, the PB13 is huge so that's why I wouldn't go for it. When I received my dual SB13, I was shocked at how big they were and all reviewers had called them small, compact etc. Someone needs a serious pair of glasses imho...

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
Old 08-26-2014, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtallguy View Post
My dual pc12+s hit 100 db at 10 hertz at just above reference in my 2700cf room so id assume id get more from a pb13 ultra. Theres a pic of it somewhere on here from a sweep I did.
That's a bit surprising as output drops like a rock below 13 Hz due to the limiter filter (unless you run the Pluses in sealed mode?). Anyway, in my experience, very low frequencies below 16 Hz tend to cause port chuffing at high levels and that bothers me a bit.

Quote:
But other than maybe adding a little weight to a scene id never notice it, even in my truck 10 hertz at 115 db it does very little other than shake my seats back a forth violently
Well that's the whole point I think
cableguy301 likes this.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Your asking a lot of a sb1000 in that room.
The sb1000 is great for adding depth to music and somewhat to movies but the best case with a sb1000 is good output to 30 hertz but will drop off like a rock after that in a room that size.

I would definitely look into a pb1000 if thats the price range your at, personally I have 2 pc12+s and ran them in sealed mode and compared to 16hz tune its a joke as far as movie bass goes and my room is 2700cf
Quote:
You need to move up to a higher output sub, PB2000 I'd say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
You have nice AVR and speakers and they deserve better sub for sure.I agree with jwtallguy it is a little sub for room like this. You need to ask yourself: More music or movies? Are you planning to get second sub later on? And what is your budget? I also have dual PC12-Pluses and I love them together but I understand budget can be a issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
IMHO, for that room size get dual SB2000 or dual PB2000, both of which were well reviewed and liked. If you can swing the money, get dual SB13 ultras for they are very musical and play deep as well. Regardless get duals to even out the frequency response for a room that large.

http://referencehometheater.com/revi...b-2000-review/
Thanks everyone for the feedback and suggestions! The problem is not so much the budget, but that the room I have my HT system in is also my living room. So for aesthetics I'm trying to avoid too many "big boxes".

I actually think the SVS SB-1000 is about as big as I'd like to have the sub if possible. Also, I was a bit surprised to hear that I maybe even need two SB13 Ultras / PB 2000s in a 2500 feet^2 room. Then what would I use in a 3000-4000 feet^2 room!

Also, I notice that in many stores they even sell 6.5" subwoofers. I wonder how much use they will really be, based on my experience with the 12" SB-1000. Sure, if the 6.5" subwoofer is ported, paired with small satellites, and used in a quite small room, then it may be useful.

Anyway, what if I go for a ported subwoofer instead, but keep the physical size about the same as the 12" SVS SB-1000. Would that perhaps help? If all else is equal, what does a 12" sealed subwoofer approximately correspond to if using a ported subwoofer instead? E.g. will an 8" or 10" ported subwoofer provide more output and impact than a sealed 12" subwoofer?

Last edited by Fjodor2000; 08-26-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 766
I saw the PB13 Ultra at a friends house and it's huge! If I ever have a dedicated room in the future a couple of them should do the trick for my taste. With my room just a tad under 2000 cu ft is why I chose the SB13 and I am very happy I did.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Oppo 103D Sony PS4
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
Old 08-26-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjodor2000 View Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback and suggestions! The problem is not so much the budget, but that the room I have my HT system in is also my living room. So for aesthetics I'm trying to avoid too many "big boxes".

I actually think the SVS SB-1000 is about as big as I'd like to have the sub if possible. Also, I was a bit surprised to hear that I maybe even need two SB13 Ultras / PB 2000s in a 2500 feet^2 room. Then what would I use in a 3000-4000 feet^2 room!

Also, I notice that in many stores they even sell 6.5" subwoofers. I wonder how much use they will really be, based on my experience with the 12" SB-1000. Sure, if the 6.5" subwoofer is ported, paired with small satellites, and used in a quite small room, then it may be useful.

Anyway, what if I go for a ported subwoofer instead, but keep the physical size about the same as the 12" SVS SB-1000. Would that perhaps help? If all else is equal, what does a 12" sealed subwoofer approximately correspond to if using a ported subwoofer instead? E.g. will an 8" or 10" ported subwoofer provide more output and impact than a sealed 12" subwoofer?
I think you are severely limiting your output due to space. If anything...go with a single SB-2000 or SB-13U if space is a constraint. However, even a single PB-2000 will best both of those in terms of output.

You don't have to get duals...I have a single PB12+ in a 15 x 18 x 9 room that opens to the rest of the house and it rocks the place. Duals help with even-ness of the response...and a bit of extra headroom never hurts.

Going with a ported sub the size of the SB-1000 is not realistic. Ported subs are necessarily larger by physics.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:

For your room I will really get the best you can. I understand it need to have a look in living room so S13-Ultra is small and pretty box on 4" bigger on each side. You don't need to have 2 subs, one will be ok but 2 is better smoother and harder or not possible to located where is a bass coming from. You know you have nothing to lose. Best will be to get SB-1000 and let's say sb13-Ultra you have 45 days to play with the and send back what you don't need, no risk free shipping both ways. Then you will never say what if a specially when you don't want to have big ported subs or taller cylinder in your living room.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's, RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Emotiva XPA-200, UPA-7 Oppo 103D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3, Panasonic DMP-UB900
Old 08-26-2014, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:

Yesterday i gave svs a call.They told me that both driver's are different for the sb13 ultra and the pb13 ultra.Main reason this being is one is seled and the other one is ported.Now the question i asked svs is what driver is the most powerful one out of all your driver's your make.SVS told me that there PB13-ULTRA is the best driver they make in term's of LOUD and BIG and beast size.But also the best for movie's and music.That also being said they did tell me that the sealed ultra is too a fantastic subwoofer.It just goes to what you will really be useing it for.

My room in 9x11 at best.Now i dont plain on leaveing my svs pb13 ultra in my little room.Main reason is it's only at best 99 sq feet.That's not alot when you look at it.And it's funny because when i talked to svs yesterday the guy said a PB13 ULTRA would be CRAZY CRAZY cool in your little room.But maybe too much .Then i ask him what about 2 pb13 ultra's in my 9x11 room.And he was like OMG NOOOOOOOO YOUR CRAZY.One would be fine then lmao.Now i have a liveing room in my home.It's 13W x 17L x 8H .There i feel that setup i have would be much better interm's of home theater enjoyment.But for right now mysetup will be in my 9x11 room.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
only around 10hz...from 16hz on up the PB13 dominates. A pair of SB13's would not hit 100db @ 10hz in most rooms either.

take a look at the in room measurement s here, of this seal sub,.. notice how close the measurement are to the sb13u for the 2 meter gound plane data..

101 dbs at 10hz bro!!!!! that's in room bro ... 101 dbs at 10 hz awesome eh... and only 1 Sub!!!

http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=s...d=105&mset=117

Last edited by cableguy301; 08-26-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
take a look at the in room measurement s here, of this seal sub,.. notice how close the measurement are to the sb13u for the 2 meter gound plane data..

101 dbs at 10hz bro!!!!! that's in room bro ... 101 dbs at 10 hz awesome eh... and only 1 Sub!!!

I have no idea what you are talking about. That shows that subwoofer tails off to around 88dB at 10Hz. The all time max they've measured is a little over 100dB...but that's not that sub.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about. That shows that subwoofer tails off to around 88dB at 10Hz. The all time max they've measured is a little over 100dB...but that's not that sub.

oh sorry

you have to scroll down and hit static graphs tab... the last chart chart down is in room measurements!!! 2nd last is 2 meter ground plane very similar to sb13u
Old 08-26-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Look at the in ROOM test not the ground measure.
cableguy301 likes this.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So for aesthetics I'm trying to avoid too many "big boxes".
That is indeed a common problem. But physics impose a certain physical size if you're to reach serious output at low frequencies. Now, smaller subs are alright if you don't mind not reproducing the lower octaves or if you listen at moderate levels. A mere three years ago I was perfectly content with my HTIB sub which I don't consider a subwoofer anymore nowadays.

Quote:
I was offended when it was first suggested I should upgrade the above HTIB sub to a $700 SB12-NSD which I found enormous at the time. Now... Well we find ways to make the big sub fit the decor Some use the subs as end tables; others use otherwise wasted space. I for one managed to squeeze two cylinders between my mains and my TV.

Quote:
They are useful in the sense that they fill in for the absent bottom end of those satellites. They will reproduce the 80-160 Hz octave which some satellites don't even touch. But consider that the THX standard for crossover frequency is 80 Hz, i.e. the subwoofer is typically asked to perform under 80 Hz. A small 6.5" sub will peter out approaching 40 Hz, a whole octave *above* SVS's ported subs native tuning.

Quote:
Anyway, what if I go for a ported subwoofer instead, but keep the physical size about the same as the 12" SVS SB-1000. Would that perhaps help?
As noted above this is pretty hard to do -- in fact physically impossible since the port is pretty big inside the sub. You may want to look at subs with passive radiators (i.e. cones that are not driven). They play the same role as ports, but can be made a bit more compact. That being said, most internet direct sub makers don't offer PR-equipped subs.

Quote:
If all else is equal, what does a 12" sealed subwoofer approximately correspond to if using a ported subwoofer instead? E.g. will an 8" or 10" ported subwoofer provide more output and impact than a sealed 12" subwoofer?
The size of the driver alone is a bad way to assert a sub's capabilities. But yes, in the case of the 10" PB-1000, you will get more low-end than the 12" SB-1000. However it is more expensive and the enclosure is still bigger -- it doesn't solve your problem.

What about cylinders? Is taking up space vertically an option?

Old 08-26-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
oh sorry

you have to scroll down and hit static graphs tab... the last chart chart down is in room measurements!!! 2nd last is 2 meter ground plane very similar to sb13u
That is the XS15se not the SB13...aside from that Ricci's room is not going to be like your room or mine. Just because he hit 100db with the XS15 in room does not mean it would in mine. The safe bet is to take the 2m rms ground plane measurements and add about 6db. In that case the SB13 shows about 89db @ 10hz factoring the 6db for inroom placement. 2 of them would equal around 94-95db @ 10hz...

Not saying you are wrong but the size of the room needs to be cnsidered before deciding on which alignment to choose. In a small sealed room (1500^3) a pair of SB13's could probably exceed 100db @ 10hz, in a room 3000^3 not likely. So overall in most cases the PB13 will be the more powerful sub from 12hz on up being the average room is north of 2k^3 and on a open floor plan.

Last edited by basshead81; 08-26-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 201
I'm currently looking into upgrading, not quite yet but thinking about it. I notice you guys talking about SB vs. PB.

I have the PC12-NSD but still in upgrade period. Here's where I eventually wanna go. Upgrade the NSD to a 2000, and add a 2nd 2000 to replace the Klipsch.

Those Klipsch subs up the gain in the midbass range I've heard and that's why they sound good to "newbies" but they barely go below 26hz even if that. One thing I heard about the PB-2000 is it performs better than the NSD in the "mid bass" range. Basically I want to give up the Klipsch but I want to make sure 2 PB-2000 will totally slam in the midbass area too. I feel pretty confident they totally will. And I'm gonna call SVS with some questions.

But the one thing I'm curious about is one of you mentioned about the SB13 peforming better 40hz and above. Do the sealed woofers tend to have a bit more "punch" in the 80-40 range? I eventually want them to release a PC-2000. My plan is a PB-2000 + a PC-2000 (because of space limitations). But if they never release a PC-2000 I might have to go 2 SB-2000s.

Main room (3D blu ray, PS4) - LG 65EG9600: Denon x4000, Klipsch RC-62II, RF-62II x2, RS-41II x2, SVS PC-12NSD + Klipsch RW12d
Couple small LCDs - PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, N64, 3DO, Saturn and other various retro game collections MINT COMPLETE games

Last edited by Teremei; 08-26-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Teremei,

Theoretically if the subs are eq'd flat, the response in the 40-80 hz range should be equal at any given volume before the subs run out of headroom. If you have enough headroom to meet the given playback level, you shouldn't notice a difference based off ported or sealed alone with well designed subs, such as those mentioned.

My take is if you have the space, go for the ported. They have more headroom in the frequency range you mentioned and a lower F3.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I do prefer the PB but in one spot I can only fit the PC. Which is why I hope they make a PC-2000 so I can have 2 ported. One cylinder one box.

Main room (3D blu ray, PS4) - LG 65EG9600: Denon x4000, Klipsch RC-62II, RF-62II x2, RS-41II x2, SVS PC-12NSD + Klipsch RW12d
Couple small LCDs - PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, N64, 3DO, Saturn and other various retro game collections MINT COMPLETE games
Old 08-26-2014, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
I do prefer the PB but in one spot I can only fit the PC. Which is why I hope they make a PC-2000 so I can have 2 ported. One cylinder one box.
why not PC12-Plus? why are you waiting for PC-2000( if they will make it).

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's, RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Emotiva XPA-200, UPA-7 Oppo 103D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3, Panasonic DMP-UB900

Last edited by retro124; 08-26-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
Yesterday i gave svs a call.They told me that both driver's are different for the sb13 ultra and the pb13 ultra.Main reason this being is one is seled and the other one is ported.Now the question i asked svs is what driver is the most powerful one out of all your driver's your make.SVS told me that there PB13-ULTRA is the best driver they make in term's of LOUD and BIG and beast size.But also the best for movie's and music.That also being said they did tell me that the sealed ultra is too a fantastic subwoofer.It just goes to what you will really be useing it for.

My room in 9x11 at best.Now i dont plain on leaveing my svs pb13 ultra in my little room.Main reason is it's only at best 99 sq feet.That's not alot when you look at it.And it's funny because when i talked to svs yesterday the guy said a PB13 ULTRA would be CRAZY CRAZY cool in your little room.But maybe too much .Then i ask him what about 2 pb13 ultra's in my 9x11 room.And he was like OMG NOOOOOOOO YOUR CRAZY.One would be fine then lmao.Now i have a liveing room in my home.It's 13W x 17L x 8H .There i feel that setup i have would be much better interm's of home theater enjoyment.But for right now mysetup will be in my 9x11 room.
I'm getting ready to move my PC12+ into a 11 X 12 room. Considering the punch in my living room I can't imagine what this sub will do in such a small space. Love to hear your system with a similar size room and ultra's.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
That is the XS15se not the SB13...aside from that Ricci's room is not going to be like your room or mine. Just because he hit 100db with the XS15 in room does not mean it would in mine. The safe bet is to take the 2m rms ground plane measurements and add about 6db. In that case the SB13 shows about 89db @ 10hz factoring the 6db for inroom placement. 2 of them would equal around 94-95db @ 10hz...

Not saying you are wrong but the size of the room needs to be cnsidered before deciding on which alignment to choose. In a small sealed room (1500^3) a pair of SB13's could probably exceed 100db @ 10hz, in a room 3000^3 not likely. So overall in most cases the PB13 will be the more powerful sub from 12hz on up being the average room is north of 2k^3 and on a open floor plan.

down at 10 hz you get to add more for room gain.. 6 db is for around 16hz the lower you go the more you add!!! |

Ricci's Room is awesome eh adding a ton of gain at 10hz...... much more output than ported subs..

sealed subs is where its at bro!!!!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
I'm getting ready to move my PC12+ into a 11 X 12 room. Considering the punch in my living room I can't imagine what this sub will do in such a small space. Love to hear your system with a similar size room and ultra's.
yeah we will see how it all goes.I would like to see how a ultra would sound in my small room lmao.I wont be buying my pb13 ultra for a while tho.Got's bill's to pay off .And if any luck happen's if i get extra cash laying around.Maybe just maybe i will wait till tax season lmao i dont.That's not intill what the first feb or march.So who know's maybe i will get back some cash lol.

And as for your room size i wish my room was that size.It would give me more room for my speaker's to spread out more.11 by 12 room size is a little better then a 9x11.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
why not PC12-Plus? why are you waiting for PC-2000( if they will make it).
because $799 is better than $1199. And $799 x 2 is better than $1199 x 2. And I think the 2000 is the best bang for your buck catagory much like reference II is in that bang for your buck zone.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
down at 10 hz you get to add more for room gain.. 6 db is for around 16hz the lower you go the more you add!!! |

Ricci's Room is awesome eh adding a ton of gain at 10hz...... much more output than ported subs..

sealed subs is where its at bro!!!!

I disagree...you can have your marginal 10hz output, my 16-30hz output is 2.5 x what sealed would be.

Aside from that, if/when I make the jump to DIY, I will be going with LLT cabs tuned to 11hz...can you say 10-12db over sealed at 10hz.
BNestico likes this.

Last edited by basshead81; 08-26-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000