Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 599 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #17941 of 17945 Unread Today, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
neutro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
What's with all the SVS PC subs with cracks in the port cap? Seems like most of the Outlet PC subs have cracks. I asked a SVS rep about this and he said it's due to shipping. That doesn't sound legit. Are they that fragile?
Not sure --- you're speaking about the metal grille on top? They sure aren't as sturdy as the heavy front gilles in the PB and SB models, but they don't really have to either. They're pretty similar to metal cookie boxes cover perhaps a bit sturdier. Perhaps a sharp hit on the top of a box could have dented or even cracked the grille but it seems to be that SVS could simply replace the grilles on those subs if they are damaged...

neutro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17942 of 17945 Unread Today, 01:26 PM
Member
 
MIX_MASTER_ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Webb City Missouri
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post
Not sure --- you're speaking about the metal grille on top? They sure aren't as sturdy as the heavy front gilles in the PB and SB models, but they don't really have to either. They're pretty similar to metal cookie boxes cover perhaps a bit sturdier. Perhaps a sharp hit on the top of a box could have dented or even cracked the grille but it seems to be that SVS could simply replace the grilles on those subs if they are damaged...
The grille goes over the port cap. Not 100% sure, as I've never owned a PC sub, but I think the cap around the port/s is plastic. I've been looking at their outlet PC subs for a few months now and the majority of them have cracks.
MIX_MASTER_ICE is online now  
post #17943 of 17945 Unread Today, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 978
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
The grille goes over the port cap. Not 100% sure, as I've never owned a PC sub, but I think the cap around the port/s is plastic. I've been looking at their outlet PC subs for a few months now and the majority of them have cracks.
It is not a big crack on those it is only crack on paint on top of the port cap. No deeper cracks at all. It is nothing big hardly visible without grill off. Also if you buy cylinder sub new and arrive with this crack you will get additional $100 off wish is not bad or you can swap it for another one.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17944 of 17945 Unread Today, 02:47 PM
Member
 
MIX_MASTER_ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Webb City Missouri
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
It is not a big crack on those it is only crack on paint on top of the port cap. No deeper cracks at all. It is nothing big hardly visible without grill off. Also if you buy cylinder sub new and arrive with this crack you will get additional $100 off wish is not bad or you can swap it for another one.
Well some of the cracks look faint, like scratches almost, but some look like full cracks in the cap. retro124, do you have a SVS PC sub with cracks? So what causes the cracks? Seems like a design flaw if it's so prevalent. So buy a new PB12-NSD for $650 and if it arrives with port cap cracks SVS will refund $100? I'm just hesitant to buy a PC sub due to this and the cloth wrapping seeming to be so easy to scratch/snag.
MIX_MASTER_ICE is online now  
post #17945 of 17945 Unread Today, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 978
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
Well some of the cracks look faint, like scratches almost, but some look like full cracks in the cap. retro124, do you have a SVS PC sub with cracks? So what causes the cracks? Seems like a design flaw if it's so prevalent. So buy a new PB12-NSD for $650 and if it arrives with port cap cracks SVS will refund $100? I'm just hesitant to buy a PC sub due to this and the cloth wrapping seeming to be so easy to scratch/snag.
Yes you are right many are hair cracks and I talked to SVS and any peeling off paint is under warranty. Discount is only if you buy new one and have some of those. I had it on 1 Plus no problem at all any kind. I received $109 (10%) discout that is accurate. Cloth on sub is easy to keep up clean and no worries about scratches on cloth at all. Don't worry about it if you want cylinder get one, it will be ok no cracks around port andif yes SVS will replace it for you until you have one without or you can get 10% off. I really don't think it is a big deal it is like other SVS subs in outlet. I guess many of those cracks it is FedEx white glove delivery

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off