Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 663 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #19861 of 19876 Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
The Disney WOW Disc has test tones. Ever heard of anybody using it?
People use that one, also. I have heard that for audio, the AIX disc is the one to get.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Corbin Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19862 of 19876 Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNestico View Post
Ralph, can you hear a difference between the new Sledge amp and the old BASH? I have a 12" PC-Ultra from 2007 and I feel at some point in the future I'm going to end up having to replace the amp with a corresponding Sledge version.
Greetings,

It's a bit early to tell if I "hear" a difference but it's clearly different. After setup I found myself tinkering/tweaking to attain the response/blend I am accustomed to. I would say that I am pretty much there but will know for certain after spending more time listening to some reference material I am intimately familiar with.

Either way the PB-13 Ultra rocks...

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
post #19863 of 19876 Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
People use that one, also. I have heard that for audio, the AIX disc is the one to get.

Thanks Mongo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #19864 of 19876 Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Thanks.
Since the AIX disc is $50 and I already have the WOW disc I might try the WOW just to see how it compares to the YPAO settings.
post #19865 of 19876 Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommaazz View Post
It has arrived Now two days of settling in and on monday i run audyssey. Will report my findings, differences i hope it does well so i dont have to pack it up again and send back
Congrats man, set look amazing, enjoy.
tommaazz likes this.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #19866 of 19876 Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Thanks.
Since the AIX disc is $50 and I already have the WOW disc I might try the WOW just to see how it compares to the YPAO settings.
http://aixrecords.com/catalog/bd/oppo_sampler_bd.html $24.98

I didn't fill out my info to see if I could find the shipping charge, but if you're interested its worth checking vs $50... and verify I chose the correct disc http://aixrecords.com/images/oppo_sampler_bd_cvr.jpg

Regards, Ken (Retired)
Denon AVR4520CI; 9.1 setup
Samsung 55H8000 TS02; Samsung BD-F7500 (2014)
Klipsch R-12SW Subwoofer (Looking to add SVS PC2000)
LRC & RS = Celestion 5s & 3s; Front height and side surrounds = Polks
post #19867 of 19876 Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2026 View Post

I didn't fill out my info to see if I could find the shipping charge, but if you're interested its worth checking vs $50... and verify I chose the correct disc http://aixrecords.com/images/oppo_sampler_bd_cvr.jpg

Thanks, there's no charge for shipping. Also, Oppo sells the blu-ray for the same price but charges $5 for shipping. Not sure why it's $50 on Amazon.

post #19868 of 19876 Unread Yesterday, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Will be buying the Prime Bookshelf speakers and center in the next couple of weeks and trying to decide between the black ashe and the piano black. My PC-2000 has the piano black top and there's some reflection but it's not distracting. I find the piano black absolutely stunning but concerned that since they'll be about a foot on each side of the TV and the center under the TV, they may be to reflective. Anyone have a pic of either one that shows how much or little they reflect light? Thoughts?

post #19869 of 19876 Unread Yesterday, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Thanks.
Hi Bond,

The WOW disc is fine to use for audio calibration, so long as you remember that, for some reason beknownst only to the Disney audio mixer, all of the tones (sats & LFE) are recorded at -20dbSF. It should have been -30dbSF for the sats and -40dbSF for the LFE, which would give 75dB all around. When using the WOW tones (with DEQ and DynVOL disengaged), however, a system calibrated to reference will read 85dB for the sats, and 95dB for the LFE channel. The main thing is to calibrate so that there is a 10dB difference between the sats and LFE. Good luck!

Peace... Vader

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

post #19870 of 19876 Unread Yesterday, 07:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader424242 View Post
Hi Bond,

The WOW disc is fine to use for audio calibration, so long as you remember that, for some reason beknownst only to the Disney audio mixer, all of the tones (sats & LFE) are recorded at -20dbSF. It should have been -30dbSF for the sats and -40dbSF for the LFE, which would give 75dB all around. When using the WOW tones (with DEQ and DynVOL disengaged), however, a system calibrated to reference will read 85dB for the sats, and 95dB for the LFE channel. The main thing is to calibrate so that there is a 10dB difference between the sats and LFE. Good luck!
Very good to know. Thanks.
post #19871 of 19876 Unread Yesterday, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2026 View Post

What's the reason for this?-

This disc was shot using HD video equipment and is compatible with all blu-ray players. However, the HD-Audio, which is encoded in Dolby TrueHD cannot be played back on a Sony PS3. The legacy audio will play instead.

home theater addict
post #19872 of 19876 Unread Yesterday, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
What's the reason for this?-

This disc was shot using HD video equipment and is compatible with all blu-ray players. However, the HD-Audio, which is encoded in Dolby TrueHD cannot be played back on a Sony PS3. The legacy audio will play instead.

Are you sayings there's a difference between the $50 and $29 version?

FYI - The PS4 can play Dolby TrueHD.

post #19873 of 19876 Unread Yesterday, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Will be buying the Prime Bookshelf speakers and center in the next couple of weeks and trying to decide between the black ashe and the piano black. My PC-2000 has the piano black top and there's some reflection but it's not distracting. I find the piano black absolutely stunning but concerned that since they'll be about a foot on each side of the TV and the center under the TV, they may be to reflective. Anyone have a pic of either one that shows how much or little they reflect light? Thoughts?

I have the a gloss black CC and it's right below the TV (adjusted it down from about 3 inches from my previous posted pic) and I don't see any reflections. Since you already have the gloss black PC-2000 then matching it would be a perfect set IMO. Be sure to post up pics
post #19874 of 19876 Unread Yesterday, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Rich View Post
I have the a gloss black CC and it's right below the TV (adjusted it down from about 3 inches from my previous posted pic) and I don't see any reflections. Since you already have the gloss black PC-2000 then matching it would be a perfect set IMO. Be sure to post up pics

That's what I'm thinking too.

post #19875 of 19876 Unread Today, 01:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Are you sayings there's a difference between the $50 and $29 version?

FYI - The PS4 can play Dolby TrueHD.

I'm not saying anything. That's said on the site. PS3 can play DTHD so i'm wondering what they mean.

home theater addict
post #19876 of 19876 Unread Today, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Well i think i am gonna start hateing this metal front grile...for the price that sb13ultra is i think everything must be perfect...dont get me wrong the sub is amazing (built like a tank) but this cheap front grile that doesent fit as it should really destroys the sub as a whole. If you step on the front of the sub and watch it down you can see the gaps and even if you push it back it will evetually slide back out... SVS should do something about CC for the front grile better yet design a whole new front grile...it does stick to the front but not as perfect as it should...

Marantz sr7008, monitor audio bx6,bx center,bx fx,bx1,sub SVS sb13ultra (2x), panasonic 60asw654
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page