Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 687 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #20581 of 20586 Unread Today, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver2489 View Post
I don't have dual pluses (I have just one) but I am a big proponent of trying to EQ with the PEQs first and then running Audyssey. My results were night and day better this way.
That's really my question, does the peq on board the plus and Ultra give enough flexibility to get the job done. I don't have SubEQ so I'll be doing a lot of this by hand. I'll probably be going with the Ultra, so there will be some additional complications from me not having matching the subs. SVS has told me the plus and Ultra will play nicely together so I trust them.

Just figure that if I go with an Ultra I'll be out almost $3000 in subs, I don't want to skimp on the last $100.
TomC1315 likes this.

AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP Tek e55ti, Center- EMP Tek e56ci, Side Surrounds- EMP Tek e55wi, Rear Surrounds- SVS Prime Satellites, Sub- SVS PC12 Plus
Display: BenQ w1070 on a 92in fixed screen
Blu-Ray Player: Sony BDP S6200;
Playstation 4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20582 of 20586 Unread Today, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I don't I have been using only my AVR Denon X4000 with Audyssey XT32. I bought also Umic-1 and download REW but I'm Apple guy and REW and Apple it is pain in the back part of mine body. I'm thinking to get windows for Mac so I will get all working much more easier.
There is a guide on the mini dsp site that explains how to use REW with a Mac. I use a Mac mini with HDMI.
It took a little bit of time to set up, and a couple of set up steps each time you start measuring, but it works well.
post #20583 of 20586 Unread Today, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
That's really my question, does the peq on board the plus and Ultra give enough flexibility to get the job done. I don't have SubEQ so I'll be doing a lot of this by hand. I'll probably be going with the Ultra, so there will be some additional complications from me not having matching the subs. SVS has told me the plus and Ultra will play nicely together so I trust them.

Just figure that if I go with an Ultra I'll be out almost $3000 in subs, I don't want to skimp on the last $100.
You'll need something to measure your setup with....like REQ. Once you do this you can see if there is any large resonances that need to be tamed. I used the two PEQ's in tandem to flatten out a wide point of emphasis in my room. It doesn't need to be perfect...just help perfect it for Audyssey. The problem with mine I believe is that audyssey saw the drop off for this wide resonance as the actual drop off point in the sub and gave up anything below that. Once I flattened it out the results were startling when followed up with audyssey.
post #20584 of 20586 Unread Today, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver2489 View Post
You'll need something to measure your setup with....like REQ. Once you do this you can see if there is any large resonances that need to be tamed. I used the two PEQ's in tandem to flatten out a wide point of emphasis in my room. It doesn't need to be perfect...just help perfect it for Audyssey. The problem with mine I believe is that audyssey saw the drop off for this wide resonance as the actual drop off point in the sub and gave up anything below that. Once I flattened it out the results were startling when followed up with audyssey.
I have REW and measurement gear (though I haven't had much of a chance to play around with it), so I do plan on taking some measurements. All things considered, these subs have pretty decent PEQ's, so I would love to try to get things working between the two instead of buying more gear.

AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP Tek e55ti, Center- EMP Tek e56ci, Side Surrounds- EMP Tek e55wi, Rear Surrounds- SVS Prime Satellites, Sub- SVS PC12 Plus
Display: BenQ w1070 on a 92in fixed screen
Blu-Ray Player: Sony BDP S6200;
Playstation 4
post #20585 of 20586 Unread Today, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendog View Post
There is a guide on the mini dsp site that explains how to use REW with a Mac. I use a Mac mini with HDMI.
It took a little bit of time to set up, and a couple of set up steps each time you start measuring, but it works well.
Thanks for tip. I also have Mac mini with HDMi so as Macbook. I will check it out and maybe will get back to you with some questions if I can, thanks again.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #20586 of 20586 Unread Today, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 102
REW will not fix Your issue but it will help you in finding the problem areas in the frequency response and Yu can make adjustments manually and REW will let you know the results.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page