Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 689 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #20641 of 20661 Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobar View Post
Yes, the top comes off fairly easy, just get your finger nail under it and with a little force it will pop off.

Me too, I saw one on there today for a great price and I couldn't resist.
Did you get one without damage? Mine had "wrinkles" on the cloth but the pic didn't look that bad. I figured I'd never see a normal one even if I tried a month so I just got that one.

Sony KDL-70R550A (passive 3D tv)
Denon x4000 (amazing sound correcting software)
Klipsch RF-62IIs (amazing horns)
Klipsch RC-62II (so clear)
Klipsch RS-41IIs (so full)
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d (so boom)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20642 of 20661 Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Liked: 325
[QUOTE=dmusoke;32274617]Makes sense...the point I wanted to raise was why are so many returned to begin with?

Well I had 2x bad delivery before with FedEx PC-12Plus arrived damaged 2x. So some can be from shipping and some light scratches from people who use it. With 45 days free return some of those subs can be maybe 1 yers or even more old and who know how many people use them before. I don't know how sensitive is piano black for scratching but maybe it is easy to do so. I like more wood finish even if is fake vinyl.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #20643 of 20661 Old Today, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Did you get one without damage? Mine had "wrinkles" on the cloth but the pic didn't look that bad. I figured I'd never see a normal one even if I tried a month so I just got that one.
I just purchased it yesterday so I will have to wait and see what it looks like when it gets here on Thursday. The one that I chose from the outlet (there were 2 available) said that there was no damage so hopefully it is as new.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________
AVR: Yamaha RX-V477, Front L/R: Def Tech ProMonitor 1000, Center: Def Tech ProCenter 2000, Sub: SVS PC12-NSD, TV: Samsung UN55EH6000, BluRay: PS4
post #20644 of 20661 Old Today, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 45
[quote=retro124;32274705]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
I don't know how sensitive is piano black for scratching but maybe it is easy to do so. I like more wood finish even if is fake vinyl.

I have had an SB-13 Ultra in piano black for about six months. No damage so far - either from shipping or use since then. My kids are grown and no pets currently, so I don't expect any scratches or dings due to use . I did apply a coat of Zaino (Z2). It's a completely clear polymer car sealant (not a wax) with no cleaners or polishes to scratch or damage the finish. It makes the finish pop and it protects it too. It even keeps it relatively dust-free. (YMMV). Anyway, no damage so far, don't expect any - and it's beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TomC1315 likes this.

Links: My System Diagram / My System Pix
Yamaha: RX-A2010, Samsung: UN55B8000, Oppo; BDP-93,,Yamaha: CDC-685
Klipsch: (2) RF-83, (1) RC-64, (2) RVX-54, (2) RSX-5, SVS: (1) SB13-Ultra
AppleTV, Roku3, Amazon: FireTV Stick, ACP: J15BLK 1.5 kVA Power Conditioner/UPS
See links above for additional system details.
post #20645 of 20661 Old Today, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
I just came across this. Food for thought

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...1.89051/page-4

If EMP and the guy behind the Arx speakers (Jon Lane) tell me break in is not a myth, I'm inclined to believe them (even if the differences are small). And I would think the same physics at work on smaller woofers applies to larger ones, as well.
I never noticed any change in the sound from my EMP's, regardless of how long I listened to them. I didn't take measurements or anything so I guess I could have missed something, but there was no change audibly.

AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP Tek e55ti, Center- EMP Tek e56ci, Side Surrounds- EMP Tek e55wi, Rear Surrounds- SVS Prime Satellites, Sub- SVS PC12 Plus
Display: BenQ w1070 on a 92in fixed screen
Blu-Ray Player: Sony BDP S6200;
Playstation 4
post #20646 of 20661 Old Today, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Can the PB 2000 be placed upside down so that the woofer is closer to the floor and the port is closer to the ceiling ? I see that there is a gap in the metal grill at the top and in my house (with cats and kids) the surround on the woofer would be better protected that way. I know that subs are omnidirectional, but I was wondering more so on the internal electrical components side of things.

Thanks.
post #20647 of 20661 Old Today, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Liked: 325
[quote=lflorack;32278449]
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post

I have had an SB-13 Ultra in piano black for about six months. No damage so far - either from shipping or use since then. My kids are grown and no pets currently, so I don't expect any scratches or dings due to use . I did apply a coat of Zaino (Z2). It's a completely clear polymer car sealant (not a wax) with no cleaners or polishes to scratch or damage the finish. It makes the finish pop and it protects it too. It even keeps it relatively dust-free. (YMMV). Anyway, no damage so far, don't expect any - and it's beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree you will not have any issues. With trade in options what SVS have some subs in outlet could be couple years old or even more who knows. What is why they have some issues there. If your sub arrived ok and had no scratches I don't see any issues after that.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #20648 of 20661 Old Today, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymacIII View Post
Can the PB 2000 be placed upside down so that the woofer is closer to the floor and the port is closer to the ceiling ? I see that there is a gap in the metal grill at the top and in my house (with cats and kids) the surround on the woofer would be better protected that way. I know that subs are omnidirectional, but I was wondering more so on the internal electrical components side of things.

Thanks.
Yes you can do that.
TomC1315 likes this.
post #20649 of 20661 Old Today, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobar View Post
I just purchased it yesterday so I will have to wait and see what it looks like when it gets here on Thursday. The one that I chose from the outlet (there were 2 available) said that there was no damage so hopefully it is as new.
Same guy probably unloaded 2. Well I got the one with "damage". Oh well. I just wanted one bad. I'll keep monitoring and if one ever shows up without damage I'll get that one. Honestly I'd rather pay an extra $30 and get brand new, but that ship sailed.

post #20650 of 20661 Old Today, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

speaking of. Anyone have a picture of the PC-2000 without the cap? I didn't know the woofer was on the top.

post #20651 of 20661 Old Today, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
speaking of. Anyone have a picture of the PC-2000 without the cap? I didn't know the woofer was on the top.
What do you mean the woofer is on the top? The driver is on the bottom.
post #20652 of 20661 Unread Today, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurba View Post
What do you mean the woofer is on the top? The driver is on the bottom.
Well someone said you can take the cap off so I'm curious what it looks like on the top. I'm not going to dig up the old post but I think someone said the woofer was on the top. If they were wrong they were wrong. Curious to see what it looks like under that cap though.

this post

Quote:
Can the PB 2000 be placed upside down so that the woofer is closer to the floor and the port is closer to the ceiling ?
If you put it upside down the "cap" would be on the floor. Which lead me to believe this person thinks when it stands normally the intake (port) is on the bottom (I know it is I've seen it) and the woofer is at the top under the cap. I thought he was talking about the PC not the PB.

post #20653 of 20661 Unread Today, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 894
If the driver was at the top of the PC, it would just be a PB.
post #20654 of 20661 Unread Today, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 876
Quote:
Well someone said you can take the cap off so I'm curious what it looks like on the top. I'm not going to dig up the old post but I think someone said the woofer was on the top. If they were wrong they were wrong. Curious to see what it looks like under that cap though.

this post

If you put it upside down the "cap" would be on the floor. Which lead me to believe this person thinks when it stands normally the intake (port) is on the bottom (I know it is I've seen it) and the woofer is at the top under the cap. I thought he was talking about the PC not the PB.
Perhaps two posts were involved. One was regarding the PB. If you look at the front the driver is in the upper right section and the port is in the lower left section. The OP wanted to turn the sub over so the driver would be in the lower left thus the metal grill would do abetter job of keeping little hands and cats paws away from it.

I posted after that asking about removing the PC-2000 top wood piece. The driver is in the bottom, pointing towards the floor. I asked about the cap as I might want to replace it. I occasionally work with wood and I was considering using some yellow heart or bloodwood or...

Attached are several photos of pieces I've done and the woods used are like what I mentioned or quite similar... The boxes are yellow heart with ebony inlaid; the heart box is not quite as red as bloodwood; The display shelf is above my Samsung. Guess I'm just thinking about tying things together...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Deco Box Plus2(Rotated).jpg
Views:	7
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	582161   Click image for larger version

Name:	Heart Box(25).jpg
Views:	8
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	582169   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oriental Display Shelf(4.7).jpg
Views:	7
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	582177  
TomC1315 likes this.

Regards, Ken (Retired)
Denon AVR4520CI; 9.1 setup
Samsung 55H8000 TS02; Samsung BD-F7500 (2014)
Klipsch R-12SW Subwoofer (Looking to add SVS PC2000)
LRC & RS = Celestion 5s & 3s; Front height and side surrounds = Polks
post #20655 of 20661 Unread Today, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
One of the many things I do not like about the PC-2000. The port is at the bottom back and the driver is at the bottom. That's not much of a cylinder if you ask me. The other PCs have the ports at the top and it shoots straight down. Not only does it look better, it just seems like a better design.

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/images/...pc-2000_FB.jpg

post #20656 of 20661 Unread Today, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:

this post

The PB2000 and PC2000 are 2 completely different form factors.

PC = Ported Cylinder. Has a "cap"
PB = Ported Box. Has no cap
post #20657 of 20661 Unread Today, 06:47 PM

Quote:

this post

The PB2000 and PC2000 are 2 completely different form factors.

PC = Ported Cylinder. Has a "cap"
PB = Ported Box. Has no cap

Port on PC2000 is in the back
Port on PB is on front
post #20658 of 20661 Unread Today, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 894
Quote:
Quote:
One of the many things I do not like about the PC-2000. The port is at the bottom back and the driver is at the bottom. That's not much of a cylinder if you ask me. The other PCs have the ports at the top and it shoots straight down. Not only does it look better, it just seems like a better design.

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/images/...pc-2000_FB.jpg
I totally agree that the ports on top looks better. Maybe the PC-2000's internal dimensions called for a different design? Maybe SVS wanted to change things up? I hope they don't redesign the PC13-Ultra before I buy my next one.
post #20659 of 20661 Unread Today, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I totally agree that the ports on top looks better. Maybe the PC-2000's internal dimensions called for a different design? Maybe SVS wanted to change things up? I hope they don't redesign the PC13-Ultra before I buy my next one.
Port on PC2000 is a single massive 4" port, rather than 3 small ones. And the port actually bends internally towards the top of the cylinder (internally)

Honestly, it's actually a better design than the other cylinders IMO because you have control over which direction the port is firing, by simply turning the cylinder. There is no such control with top ports

Last edited by MoJoe277; Today at 07:19 PM.
post #20660 of 20661 Unread Today, 07:03 PM

Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2026 View Post

I posted after that asking about removing the PC-2000 top wood piece. The driver is in the bottom, pointing towards the floor. I asked about the cap as I might want to replace it. I occasionally work with wood and I was considering using some yellow heart or bloodwood or...

Attached are several photos of pieces I've done and the woods used are like what I mentioned or quite similar... The boxes are yellow heart with ebony inlaid; the heart box is not quite as red as bloodwood; The display shelf is above my Samsung. Guess I'm just thinking about tying things together...
Very nice wood working skills :-)

If you do go ahead and add your own touch to the PC2000, please share the results with us.

MartinLogan Motion 40s / 30 / LX16s
Marantz SR5007 / UD5007
Emotiva XPA-3
SVS SB13ultra

exercise room: MartinLogan LX16s / Dynamo700
post #20661 of 20661 Unread Today, 07:31 PM

Liked: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC1315 View Post
Very nice wood working skills :-)

If you do go ahead and add your own touch to the PC2000, please share the results with us.
Thanks Tom,

If I do it I will post a photo.

Take care.

Regards, Ken (Retired)
Denon AVR4520CI; 9.1 setup
Samsung 55H8000 TS02; Samsung BD-F7500 (2014)
Klipsch R-12SW Subwoofer (Looking to add SVS PC2000)
LRC & RS = Celestion 5s & 3s; Front height and side surrounds = Polks
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page