Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 690 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #20671 of 20698 Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Well my PC12-NSD is gonna get here tomorrow. I wonder how much better it's gonna sound with 2 PCs? I'm gonna test some content I'm used to like Gravity, Tron, Star Wars ANH, and Peter Pan. <- yes there is some good LFE at the end.
Are you still keeping the Klipsch sub or are you getting rid of it all together. I would think the dual PC's are gonna put a big ole on your face.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS4
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20672 of 20698 Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Are you still keeping the Klipsch sub or are you getting rid of it all together. I would think the dual PC's are gonna put a big ole on your face.
Gonna sell it as long as the 2nd NSD really impresses me. I have a 2nd TV downstairs but I am happy with it with the smaller system, the Polk CS10 and a PSW10 sub. Plus other Polk speakers. Very small but gets the job done in a small area. No need to put a big boomy sub in that small area.

Sony KDL-70R550A (passive 3D tv)
Denon x4000 (amazing sound correcting software)
Klipsch RF-62IIs (amazing horns)
Klipsch RC-62II (so clear)
Klipsch RS-41IIs (so full)
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d (so boom)
post #20673 of 20698 Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Well my PC12-NSD is gonna get here tomorrow. I wonder how much better it's gonna sound with 2 PCs? I'm gonna test some content I'm used to like Gravity, Tron, Star Wars ANH, and Peter Pan. <- yes there is some good LFE at the end.
Well, as someone who's owned a pair of these for about 6 years, you're gonna love it. I can't imagine going back to just one subwoofer now.
post #20674 of 20698 Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Official SVS Owners/Support Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awardb View Post
Well, as someone who's owned a pair of these for about 6 years, you're gonna love it. I can't imagine going back to just one subwoofer now.

I'm trying to talk the wife into agreeing on a second PC-2000 to put on the opposite side of the the room from the current one. You know, to balance it out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B / Marantz NR-1504 / SVS PC-2000 / Velodyne CHT Front Row / AppleTV 3 / Sony PS4

Last edited by mbroadus; Today at 06:36 AM.
post #20675 of 20698 Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awardb View Post
Well I already run 2. My second is a Klipsch RW12d but it only goes down to 23 vs. 18. So that second NSD will help make those sub 22hz feel more impactful. And hopefully also being the same sub, all the rest of the bass will be more tight and hard hitting. I want to hear it less and feel it more. That's the thought of adding a second NSD.

post #20676 of 20698 Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
I'm trying to talk the wife into allowing me to buy a second PC-2000 to put on the opposite side of the the room from the current one. You know, to balance it out!

It will do more than balance it out it should increase the impact you feel. I will report back how 2 NSD's do. I run the subs on opposite ends in the corners which is supposed to "excite" bass. Which is fine, I just want to replace the cheaper more bloaty sub with a more high end matching sub. I hope I hear significant gains.

post #20677 of 20698 Old Today, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Official SVS Owners/Support Thread.

Quote:
It will do more than balance it out it should increase the impact you feel. I will report back how 2 NSD's do. I run the subs on opposite ends in the corners which is supposed to "excite" bass. Which is fine, I just want to replace the cheaper more bloaty sub with a more high end matching sub. I hope I hear significant gains.

Oh yea, please do.

I'm telling the wife that having another PC-2000 on the opposite side of the room from the other would balance the room visually since it looks lopsided with a big sub on one side. The one PC-2000 sounds fantastic but to have another on the opposite side would definitely provide great impact.

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B / Marantz NR-1504 / SVS PC-2000 / Velodyne CHT Front Row / AppleTV 3 / Sony PS4
post #20678 of 20698 Old Today, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
You should also try, Edge Of Tomorrow (opening scene). I had to stop my wife from dialing 911. My SB13 Ultra shook everything in the house!
post #20679 of 20698 Old Today, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Gonna sell it as long as the 2nd NSD really impresses me. I have a 2nd TV downstairs but I am happy with it with the smaller system, the Polk CS10 and a PSW10 sub. Plus other Polk speakers. Very small but gets the job done in a small area. No need to put a big boomy sub in that small area.
Oh, but wouldnt a PB-1000 be oh so nice in that "smaller" area? lol....

Denon: AVR X1000
Klipsch: RF-82 II / RF-62 II / RC-62 II / RB-61 II
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
LG: 47LE5400
Panamax M5100-PM
post #20680 of 20698 Old Today, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWH1 View Post
Funny you should mention that!!! I'm thinking I'll do exactly that...replace my existing PSW10 with a PB-1000 in my secondary area...perhaps from the outlet store.

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR809
Klipsch: RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-52 II, RB-51 II, RB-41 II
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85
post #20681 of 20698 Old Today, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saril View Post
You should also try, Edge Of Tomorrow (opening scene). I had to stop my wife from dialing 911. My SB13 Ultra shook everything in the house!
I actually did test that, but didn't mention it. Yes I want to hear the difference. With my current set up it gets pretty "bloaty". Maybe that's normal or maybe that really is the Klipsch. My NSD is here so it's testing time soon!

post #20682 of 20698 Old Today, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWH1 View Post
I have other hobbies taking my money. I used to have Monitor 70s and CSII and a BIC F12 I would have put down there but I sold them. At first I didn't like what I had when I set it up. But after I played some PS3 on it I was pretty happy. I don't want to spend $400+ on a secondary system that I don't even watch movies on. All I do is play a little PS3 and XBOX 360. Not worth it.

post #20683 of 20698 Old Today, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saril View Post
^This. Be careful though...it's awesome. I went outside my house and listened to it try and shake itself apart.

Seth-o-Plex featuring Atmos 7.2.4! - LG | Denon | Onkyo | Mirage | SVS
post #20684 of 20698 Unread Today, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is it normal for the SB-2000 to have a slight hiss? I can barely hear a hiss from about 2 feet away. Even when I unplug it from my AVR (only power). My old Velodyne does not have a hiss.

Changing the crossover settings makes no difference. Also, it is silent when the sub goes into standby (no blue light).

I tried contacting sonicboomaudio (canadian distributor) but no reply after 48 hours. I'll have to dig through the documentation that came with the SB-2000 next - maybe I am not supposed to contact them?

Oh - and it didn't hiss when I first got it a couple of months ago.

Last edited by maxleung; Today at 01:01 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention no hiss at the beginning.
post #20685 of 20698 Unread Today, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxleung View Post
Is it normal for the SB-2000 to have a slight hiss? I can barely hear a hiss from about 2 feet away. Even when I unplug it from my AVR (only power). My old Velodyne does not have a hiss.

Changing the crossover settings makes no difference. Also, it is silent when the sub goes into standby (no blue light).

I tried contacting sonicboomaudio (canadian distributor) but no reply after 48 hours. I'll have to dig through the documentation that came with the SB-2000 next - maybe I am not supposed to contact them?

Sounds like it could be a ground loop hum. Is the sub plugged into the same outlet as your receiver? Or a different outlet?

Game room> 60" LG plasma. Onkyo TX-NR509, Infinity Primus P363 fronts, P163 center, P163 rears, PSA XS30 15" dual driver sub. PS4 and XBox One. Living Room> 59" Samsung plasma. Onkyo HT-RC560, JBL Studio 180 fronts, Studio 120c center, Polk R150 sides, Polk RC60i in-wall rears, SVS PB12-NSD 12" sub. PS3 and XBox 360. Computer Room> Pioneer VSX-456 (old school), Infinity Primus P163 fronts, SVS SB12-NSD 12" sub.
post #20686 of 20698 Unread Today, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

The sub is on the same set of power receptacles as the AVR (same breaker). It's a hiss not a hum though - volume control makes no difference, and the pitch seems to be a few hundred hertz (guessing). Definitely not a 60 hz or 120 hz hum.

I'll try different outlets just to be sure.
post #20687 of 20698 Unread Today, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 896
Quote:
The sub is on the same set of power receptacles as the AVR (same breaker). It's a hiss not a hum though - volume control makes no difference, and the pitch seems to be a few hundred hertz (guessing). Definitely not a 60 hz or 120 hz hum.

I'll try different outlets just to be sure.
These also cause a hiss: upstream equipment, fluorescent lights, dimmer switchs, power cables, power panel...
post #20688 of 20698 Unread Today, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

So far with my initial testing of 2 PC12-NSD vs PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12-d. It's not much better. I was hoping for more of a tight "feel" but I'm just not getting it. I can def feel that some of the content has more of a "shake" but that's not really what I was going for. I was already happy with the shake. I was looking for more tight "punch". Before my NSD got here I went and looked at the tech specs of the Klipsch it is rated at 350hz and 825peak. So it supposedly is in the same range as the NSD. It's just the NSD goes lower.

I don't know, should I be looking at a sealed sub if I'm looking for "tighter" bass? I was pretty happy with the NSD + Klipsch but I am going to give it much more time before I decide. I still have my Y-splitter so I could always run all 3 for a while and test that.

post #20689 of 20698 Unread Today, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:

Do you use the auto standby feature on it?

I got slight humming on my both pb 2000s after long usage / long standby.

Im not sure which one does that.. because when i shut down the subs and then start them again, the humming is gone?

Lähetetty minun SM-N910F laitteesta Tapatalkilla
post #20690 of 20698 Unread Today, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
So far with my initial testing of 2 PC12-NSD vs PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12-d. It's not much better. I was hoping for more of a tight "feel" but I'm just not getting it. I can def feel that some of the content has more of a "shake" but that's not really what I was going for. I was already happy with the shake. I was looking for more tight "punch". Before my NSD got here I went and looked at the tech specs of the Klipsch it is rated at 350hz and 825peak. So it supposedly is in the same range as the NSD. It's just the NSD goes lower.

I don't know, should I be looking at a sealed sub if I'm looking for "tighter" bass? I was pretty happy with the NSD + Klipsch but I am going to give it much more time before I decide. I still have my Y-splitter so I could always run all 3 for a while and test that.
Have you run any in room response graphs?
post #20691 of 20698 Unread Today, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamb0 View Post
Do you use the auto standby feature on it?

I got slight humming on my both pb 2000s after long usage / long standby.

Im not sure which one does that.. because when i shut down the subs and then start them again, the humming is gone?
I use auto standby. I did disable that last night and power cycled the sub. Hiss is still there with or without standby.

It's a pretty quiet hiss. Have to be within a couple of feet to barely hear it.
post #20692 of 20698 Unread Today, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtallguy View Post
Have you run any in room response graphs?
No but I'm probably going to have to to get the most out of this set-up. What I had before I just plugged and played and liked it just fine. I could call SVS but can you provide any links to the equipment I will need?

post #20693 of 20698 Unread Today, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
No but I'm probably going to have to to get the most out of this set-up. What I had before I just plugged and played and liked it just fine. I could call SVS but can you provide any links to the equipment I will need?
Its definitely worth it to get something like REW and a mic especially if you're looking for better detail in the subs
post #20694 of 20698 Unread Today, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

I'll call SVS for some help. Placement options are severely limited. Doing some additional level matching might help. I mean I already have XT32. But it might be that I just don't like as much ultra low shake as I do low punch.

Last edited by Teremei; Today at 02:49 PM.
post #20695 of 20698 Unread Today, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:

Give it some more time without the Klipsch sub. I had an RW12D and it's not even in the same league as SVS. It's a decent sub for the price but it has boomy, muddy bass compared to the SVS's. I wouldn't want to mix the 12D with an SVS for the mere fact of messing up the smooth detailed bass from the better sub. Just my two cents.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS4
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #20696 of 20698 Unread Today, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Give it some more time without the Klipsch sub. I had an RW12D and it's not even in the same league as SVS. It's a decent sub for the price but it has boomy, muddy bass compared to the SVS's. I wouldn't want to mix the 12D with an SVS for the mere fact of messing up the smooth detailed bass from the better sub. Just my two cents.
So far though it's not smoother it's just more shaky. I am going to give it lots of time. I'll even have SVS try to help me get it working better.

post #20697 of 20698 Unread Today, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
One of the many things I do not like about the PC-2000. The port is at the bottom back and the driver is at the bottom. That's not much of a cylinder if you ask me. The other PCs have the ports at the top and it shoots straight down. Not only does it look better, it just seems like a better design.

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/images/...pc-2000_FB.jpg
That seems like a kind of silly comment. The ports location has no impact on the shape of the enclosure.

And while its neither here nor there, I like the moved port location. Looks better to me and just as functional as a port. Never liked the grill on top myself.

~Nick

Augustine's Law: "The last 10% of performance generates one-third of the cost and two-thirds of the problems."

"If it works the first time, it's not high end." ~ Harry Pierson
post #20698 of 20698 Unread Today, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmanick View Post
That seems like a kind of silly comment. The ports location has no impact on the shape of the enclosure.

And while its neither here nor there, I like the moved port location. Looks better to me and just as functional as a port. Never liked the grill on top myself.
it's just my personal opinion it's not silly. I like the idea of the air going straight down from the top. Just like you like your opinion of it is fine. I mean it's more like a box that happens to be cylinder shaped. Again I like the idea of how the air is pulled in in the old design.

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page