Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 691 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #20701 of 20718 Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobar View Post
Well my PC12-NSD arrived today and it is AWESOME!!!!! The one I got had a few slight wrinkles in the fabric around the outside but it smoothed right out when I rubbed my hand on it. Everything else looks like it should if the sub was brand new. I can't wait to put in a bass heavy blu ray to try it out.
Mine actually said it had "wrinkles" but honestly it looks so minor it's hardly something I'd complain about. The fabric actually looks new and it smells new. Mine was in extremely good shape for "used". I'm very happy with mine. What blu rays are you trying out? I've listened to some LFE but the ones that impressed me the most was actually just the soundtrack sections of Neverending Story and Jurassic Park. Be sure to report back!

Sony KDL-70R550A (passive 3D tv)
Denon x4000 (amazing sound correcting software)
Klipsch RF-62IIs (amazing horns)
Klipsch RC-62II (so clear)
Klipsch RS-41IIs (so full)
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d (so boom)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20702 of 20718 Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Funny you should mention that!!! I'm thinking I'll do exactly that...replace my existing PSW10 with a PB-1000 in my secondary area...perhaps from the outlet store.
You will like it.... I have the same in my secondary setup. The PB-1000 is a very nice sub and performs exceptionally well in a smaller space. I gave my son one of the Klipsch subs I had and sold off the others. Paid for the PB-1000 and had enough left over for a cheeseburger...
gene4ht likes this.

Denon: AVR X1000
Klipsch: RF-82 II / RF-62 II / RC-62 II / RB-61 II
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
LG: 47LE5400
Panamax M5100-PM
post #20703 of 20718 Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Thanks...I love those cheeseburgers!!!

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR809
Klipsch: RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-52 II, RB-51 II, RB-41 II
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85
post #20704 of 20718 Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan319 View Post
Both of my PC-2000's do the same thing they always go in stand by mode.
Sorry for the late reply, but in that case you might want to make use of the dual outputs and inputs of your receiver and subs respectively.
post #20705 of 20718 Old Today, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
it's just my personal opinion it's not silly. I like the idea of the air going straight down from the top. Just like you like your opinion of it is fine. I mean it's more like a box that happens to be cylinder shaped. Again I like the idea of how the air is pulled in in the old design.
This is not an air intake like on a car...the ports do not pull air in....at all. The purpose of the port is to provide OUTPUT. Having the port face the rear, toward a wall, can actually improve sound quality.

Also Teremei, I saw you posting about how tight? or crisp? you wanted your bass to sound. This is a product of in room frequency response. Download REW, preferably onto an HDMI laptop. You should be able to use your Audyssey mic to take measurements. This almost always helps get the subs set up properly prior to running Audyssey. Main thing is to try to eliminate nulls in your FR, which are not easily fixed with eq.

For Sale: PSA XV15se x 2 $675 each!!
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...-725-each.html
post #20706 of 20718 Old Today, 07:04 AM
T0S

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello all,

Sorry to be take a contrary view to many here, but after adding a second PC-2000 and many hours of REW Room Sim followed by trying actual placement and REW measurements, I found I could not significantly improve bass frequency response or dynamics across the listening area.

And all attempts to go away from the single-sub-optimized set-up for the main listening position (which is all that is used 90% of the time and 100% of the time for critical listening) resulted in poorer performance at the main position!.

BTW, I comfortably get 110 +/- 3db to 17 hz with a single PC-2000 with <2% THD (as measured by REW) in my 3700 cu.ft. room - with plenty of headroom. I wonder how many folks are using REW to see how their set-ups are actually doing before simply symmetrically placing a second sub?
TomC1315 likes this.
post #20707 of 20718 Old Today, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
This is not an air intake like on a car...the ports do not pull air in....at all. The purpose of the port is to provide OUTPUT. Having the port face the rear, toward a wall, can actually improve sound quality.

Also Teremei, I saw you posting about how tight? or crisp? you wanted your bass to sound. This is a product of in room frequency response. Download REW, preferably onto an HDMI laptop. You should be able to use your Audyssey mic to take measurements. This almost always helps get the subs set up properly prior to running Audyssey. Main thing is to try to eliminate nulls in your FR, which are not easily fixed with eq.
So sub placement in other words right? I only have honestly like 4 positions I can place the subs And one of those positions is halfway into the hallway. I could run REW but to be honest it wouldn't be extremely useful since my placement options are so limited. I could easier just test out the other 2 positions for the 2nd sub to see which sounds best.

post #20708 of 20718 Old Today, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
So far with my initial testing of 2 PC12-NSD vs PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12-d. It's not much better. I was hoping for more of a tight "feel" but I'm just not getting it. I can def feel that some of the content has more of a "shake" but that's not really what I was going for. I was already happy with the shake. I was looking for more tight "punch". Before my NSD got here I went and looked at the tech specs of the Klipsch it is rated at 350hz and 825peak. So it supposedly is in the same range as the NSD. It's just the NSD goes lower.

I don't know, should I be looking at a sealed sub if I'm looking for "tighter" bass? I was pretty happy with the NSD + Klipsch but I am going to give it much more time before I decide. I still have my Y-splitter so I could always run all 3 for a while and test that.
I used to have two PC12-NSDs and they will play tight punch if you calibrate them properly. Automatic room correction just isn't good enough unless you're really Lucky. Buy a Umic and download REW. Then you can manually tweak the settings in Your avr and see the result With just a swipe With REW. I got the two PCs to go flat to 16hz, granted With he help of an SVS AS-EQ1 to bring Down a peak around 20hz. This gave me a really tight, powerfull and deep bass.
post #20709 of 20718 Old Today, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurba View Post
I used to have two PC12-NSDs and they will play tight punch if you calibrate them properly. Automatic room correction just isn't good enough unless you're really Lucky. Buy a Umic and download REW. Then you can manually tweak the settings in Your avr and see the result With just a swipe With REW. I got the two PCs to go flat to 16hz, granted With he help of an SVS AS-EQ1 to bring Down a peak around 20hz. This gave me a really tight, powerfull and deep bass.
Ok you convinced me. Granted you read an older post, I really do like them. I just need to optimize them now.

post #20710 of 20718 Old Today, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Do I have to move my entire computer/monitor ect to the living room to be able to use this REW software? I'm currently chatting with a rep to log in to an old old email since HTS won't take yahoo email. I did a brief search to find out if there is a way I can use my ipod touch with my Denon mic so I don't have to transport an entire desktop to the living room.

post #20711 of 20718 Unread Today, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked: 1040
Quote:
Do I have to move my entire computer/monitor ect to the living room to be able to use this REW software? I'm currently chatting with a rep to log in to an old old email since HTS won't take yahoo email. I did a brief search to find out if there is a way I can use my ipod touch with my Denon mic so I don't have to transport an entire desktop to the living room.
The cables just have to reach. If you have a long enough mic cable, and a long enough HDMI cable, it will work. A laptop is just convenient as it lets you be anywhere in the room to take sweeps, make adjustments, then re-take sweeps. You will be endlessly walking your rear end off using a computer in another room.

For Sale: PSA XV15se x 2 $675 each!!
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...-725-each.html
post #20712 of 20718 Unread Today, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 81
AFAIK, an iPod can't run REW...
post #20713 of 20718 Unread Today, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

I can see if I can get my dad's old laptop working. I don't have one of my own. You say the audyssey mic can be used as long as the laptop has one of those mic connections right?

post #20714 of 20718 Unread Today, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
I can see if I can get my dad's old laptop working. I don't have one of my own. You say the audyssey mic can be used as long as the laptop has one of those mic connections right?
Does it have HDMI output?

You can use the Audyssey mic but you have no way of calibrating it.
post #20715 of 20718 Unread Today, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

I also have a standard USB mic I can use laying around the house.

post #20716 of 20718 Unread Today, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

I've heard it said that if your subs are calibrated perfectly you shouldn't be able to "locate" where the bass is coming from? I used to have the Klipsch right beside me but with the NSD I can certainly hear/feel where it's coming from. I'm wondering if putting both up front would alleviate this or if it shouldn't matter once I get everything calibrated with REW software.

post #20717 of 20718 Unread Today, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Any of you guys have RF-7II's - B stock? Got offer for those so I have some questions before I decide to get them, thanks.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #20718 of 20718 Unread Today, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Quote:
I've heard it said that if your subs are calibrated perfectly you shouldn't be able to "locate" where the bass is coming from? I used to have the Klipsch right beside me but with the NSD I can certainly hear/feel where it's coming from. I'm wondering if putting both up front would alleviate this or if it shouldn't matter once I get everything calibrated with REW software.
I'd wait until they are dialed in. If you don't like the sound, move it to a different location.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page