Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 697 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #20881 of 20891 Old Today, 07:58 AM
Mirage Fanboy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrettmr View Post
After reading all the great reviews here I also just purchased the Dual PB-2000's - just got them today and had a little play - waiting on some upgrades to arrive for my other speakers but man these things rock, totally amazing!!!

Welcome to the club! If you have the Bluray for Flight of the Phoenix, queue that up and watch the scene where the plane is flying into the dust storm. When the plane goes upside down, try and figure out which went lower...the bass or your jaw.

Or the first 15 seconds of Edge of Tomorrow. Or the Server Room scene from Pulse.

In fact, there are two user made Ultimate Bass Demo Blurays that were posted here on AVS somewhere (the links are escaping me). The downloads are pretty large and you'll need a Bluray burner, but they are the best way to get a good sampling of bass demo tracks.

Quote:
Just one question, any way to turn off the power LED - that blue light while watching the screen is horrible, I thought I read it could be turned off but didn't see a switch. That or I guess I get some black tape to stick over it?

There's two ways: Black electrical tape or remove the amp and unplug the LED wires (suggested by Ed Mullen) to permanently disable it. I went with the first option as I figured there may be a point in the future where I need to know if the sub is on or not. Those LEDs are so bright they still (very dimly) show through the tape in a dark room. I'm actually ok with that since I can't see the tape normally anyway (unless I go looking for it).

Seth-o-Plex featuring Atmos 7.2.4! - LG | Denon | Onkyo | Mirage | SVS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20882 of 20891 Old Today, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hot diggity that was quick! My PC-2000 showed up already! I just ordered it Saturday, shipped out Monday, and got here Wednesday. Nice!

I'll be running through demo material when I get home from work today. I still have the PSA XV15se as well, so it'll be interesting to compare the two.
TomC1315 likes this.
post #20883 of 20891 Old Today, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
Welcome to the club! If you have the Bluray for Flight of the Phoenix, queue that up and watch the scene where the plane is flying into the dust storm. When the plane goes upside down, try and figure out which went lower...the bass or your jaw.

Or the first 15 seconds of Edge of Tomorrow. Or the Server Room scene from Pulse.

In fact, there are two user made Ultimate Bass Demo Blurays that were posted here on AVS somewhere (the links are escaping me). The downloads are pretty large and you'll need a Bluray burner, but they are the best way to get a good sampling of bass demo tracks.

There's two ways: Black electrical tape or remove the amp and unplug the LED wires (suggested by Ed Mullen) to permanently disable it. I went with the first option as I figured there may be a point in the future where I need to know if the sub is on or not. Those LEDs are so bright they still (very dimly) show through the tape in a dark room. I'm actually ok with that since I can't see the tape normally anyway (unless I go looking for it).
Thanks - I did find those links to the demo disks, I downloaded two of the four that looked good and tried to make them work from my movie server which not much luck, may be I need a burner to make a real disk. I do have Pulse on DVD just came from Netflix as somewhere else I heard about the Server Room scene and I have EoT so can try that movie for sure - can't wait

I'm also going to try the tape option - may be they will put a switch in future, not sure I want to start taking it apart
post #20884 of 20891 Old Today, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Thanks - I did find those links to the demo disks, I downloaded two of the four that looked good and tried to make them work from my movie server which not much luck, may be I need a burner to make a real disk. I do have Pulse on DVD just came from Netflix as somewhere else I heard about the Server Room scene and I have EoT so can try that movie for sure - can't wait

I'm also going to try the tape option - may be they will put a switch in future, not sure I want to start taking it apart

It took me five layers of masking tape with black sharpie to get the light to where it wasn't distracting: I can still see it even then when the lights are out. So, if one layer of tape doesn't work, keep adding more!

Tim S.
Former 35mm and Digital Projectionist @ Regal Cinemas

Currently watching on: BenQ W1070, 82" 1.0 Gain Screen, Darbee Darblet HD 43%, PS3, with Yamaha Aventage RX-A1030, SVS PB-2000, a Def Tech CS-8040HD, 2 SM65 for L/R, and 2 SM55 for surrounds.
post #20885 of 20891 Old Today, 08:45 AM
Mirage Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredxr2d2
Tim S.
Former 35mm and Digital Projectionist @ Regal Cinemas

Nice!

-Seth
Former 35mm projectionist (1989-97) for Tom Moyer Theatres, bought by Luxury Theatres, bought by Act III, then bought by Regal. I've still got one of my nametags kicking around in a box in the garage. Good times...
fredxr2d2 likes this.

post #20886 of 20891 Old Today, 09:06 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
After reading all the great reviews here I also just purchased the Dual PB-2000's - just got them today and had a little play - waiting on some upgrades to arrive for my other speakers but man these things rock, totally amazing!!! The guys at SVS have said they will walk me through the complete step of my SVS subs and the new speakers, receiver and amp to make sure I have it all configured correctly - amazing customer service. I couldn't use their speakers in my upgrade as I'm stuck with in-walls but they have a customer for life

Just one question, any way to turn off the power LED - that blue light while watching the screen is horrible, I thought I read it could be turned off but didn't see a switch. That or I guess I get some black tape to stick over it?

I thought I was in the crapper when they arrived today as the boxes are BIG but once unpacked they fit in nicely - oh and did I mention how amazing they sound

Let us know what you think. Even though I have large towers, I found that setting them to small with a 60hz crossover really let the PB-2000s shine.

Panasonic: P65VT30 THX Plasma
Denon: AVR-4311 (Powering surround channels only)
Adcom: GFA555 x 2 L/R and Center
Definitive: BP30 x 6 for L/R, SL/SR, SRBL/SRBR
Definitive: CLR2000 and 2 BP1X Bi-Polars for PLIIz Height channels
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
post #20887 of 20891 Old Today, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whacked! View Post
There is a delay between being able to turn on the amp after shutdown. Not sure how long that delay is anymore but if you switch it off then back on, it will appear dead. It should only be about 5 mins iirc but could be a little longer.
Thanks for Your reply.

I don't think it's normal, also because it never did this delay.
But something about it could be the culprit:
I noticed that these days the PB13 with the "defective amp"
turns ON with a delay of 3-4s than the other PB13...
obviously when it's able to turn ON .

Any other ideas?
What could I check in my Bash amp?

Thanks in advance

Nuovissimo Cinema Antico by Simone: VPR JVC DLA-RS20, Schermo fisso a cornice 21:9 by Seymour Av, Sintoamplificatore Yamaha RX-V2700, Sorgente BluRay PS3, Sorgente Dvd Denon DVD-2930, Diffusori Jbl Studio L (Front 2 x L890, Center 1 x LC2 , Surround 2 x L830, Surround Back 2 x L830), Subwoofer 2 x SVS PB13-Ultra ;) + 2 x L8400, Room Eq SVS AS-EQ1
post #20888 of 20891 Old Today, 09:20 AM
Mirage Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo81 View Post
Any other ideas?

Here's an idea: Contact SVS for help. They have truly awesome support.

Go to their web page and click the "Chat Now" button on the right side of the screen for live, free help.

SVSound

post #20889 of 20891 Unread Today, 03:50 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
The XV15se definitely has more max output capability. However, if you did a 100 dB sine wave sweep to check the FR of both subs in room, the PC/PB2000 would have a good 5 dB advantage between 16-25 Hz. Once both subs reach their output limits, the XV would keep getting louder. But @ 15 below reference, the SVS has less roll off below 25 Hz. Room gain will have the same effect on both subs. The shallower roll-off will hit harder up until the point that the PC2000 hits its limiter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
My guess is that, unless you are listening at high levels, the PC2000 will sound just as good, and might even seem to have a bit more impact at moderate volume on movies. I say this because I think the XV15se rolls off a little bit more below 25 Hz. So at 15 below reference, the PC2000 will hit just as hard or harder. At higher levels, especially on music, the PC2000 won't have as much output.
So these two quotes of yours got my hopes up, because one thing I wasn't loving about the PSA XV15se (other than its looks) was its performance with subtle bass or listening at moderate volumes. After hooking it up today, I really have to agree with you, or at least that's what my ears say. When turned up to reference level, the XV15se does shake the house a little more and digs deeper and harder (which is expected), but it's not by as big of a margin as I was expecting. However, at level lower than reference, I really think the PC-2000 sounds better. I've gone back and forth several times, and it's a much bigger difference than I was expecting. I think it even sounds better at reference if it's not a big earth shaking bass scene.

One thing I missed when I pulled out my little Martin Logan 10" Dynamo and replaced it with the PSA was the sort of smooth and seamless filling bass when the volume wasn't cranked all the way up. It really blended so well with my Def Techs. I figured that was a sealed sub thing and I was going to just have to give that up for big bass. Well, the PC-2000 handles the low volumes even better than the Dynamo, which I wasn't expecting, and I'm surprised at how much better it sounds than the PSA almost all of the time.

I set them up the same. They are in the same spot, with the same cross over settings in my Denon, and I've recalibrated in-between every time I switch, and the SVS sub just sounds better to me. Even when it's cranked, and the PSA beats the SVS on output, the SVS still blends in better. I'm not an audiophile so I don't know exactly why, but in my family room with my setup, I vastly prefer it. I am super happy right now! I'm only a few hours into my 45 day trial, and I don't see this thing going back. Funny... bigger isn't always better, and I'm guessing that every sub behaves different in every room.

Best of all, it passes the WAF!
post #20890 of 20891 Unread Today, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
New SVS PB 2000 owner two weeks ago. In fact I upgraded all my speakers at the same time I love the sub, but the WAF wasn't all that great, so I thought I'd try a pair of SB2000's in hopes they'd have the same sound but integrate into the aesthetics of the room better. Unfortunately they just didn't have that low end grunt that I love from the PB2000, so I'm having to send them back.

That said, since my room is 17'dx22'W with a vaulted ceiling and opening into a kitchen, I'm left wondering if I'd be better served with the PB12+ or if I'd even notice any difference for the $600 upgrade.

Samsung 65" UN65ES8000FXZA
Pioneer Elite VSX23-TXH
Def Tech StudioMonitor 65 L/R
Def Tech ProCenter 2000
Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 x 4
SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer

Last edited by WarmongerX; Today at 03:59 PM.
post #20891 of 20891 Unread Today, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmongerX View Post
New SVS PB 2000 owner two weeks ago. In fact I upgraded all my speakers at the same time I love the sub, but the WAF wasn't all that great, so I thought I'd try a pair of SB2000's in hopes they'd have the same sound but integrate into the aesthetics of the room better. Unfortunately they just didn't have that low end grunt that I love from the PB2000, so I'm having to send them back.

That said, since my room is 17'dx22'W with a vaulted ceiling and opening into a kitchen, I'm left wondering if I'd be better served with the PB12+ or if I'd even notice any difference for the $600 upgrade.
Stick with 2 PB-2000s.

Main room (3D bluray, PS4, WiiU) LG 70LB7100: Denon x4000, Klipsch RC-62II, RF-62II x2, RS-41II x2, SVS PC-12NSD x2 + Klipsch RW12d
Downstairs (PS3, Xbox 360) Panny L55ET5: Demon 1712, Polk CS10, R300 x2, t15 x2, PSW10
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page