Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 717 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #21481 of 21500 Old 05-25-2015, 11:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisanav View Post
Yes , depends on how much amp power you have driving your fronts, for below 100 Hz, they might be struggling and if you crossover them at 80-100 then all low freq will be sent to sub to deal with it, should probably give you cleaner sound,
They are powered by a PA QSC GX5 so they should get plenty power from that I think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21482 of 21500 Old 05-26-2015, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I recently bought the SVS SB-2000 and I think the sub is awesome. Bought the Piano black finish and the thing is beautiful! Thinking of selling it though due to bills
joseph10704 likes this.
post #21483 of 21500 Old 05-26-2015, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobert1967 View Post
I recently bought the SVS SB-2000 and I think the sub is awesome. Bought the Piano black finish and the thing is beautiful! Thinking of selling it though due to bills
I have to say if you have lot of bill's.And if there putting your in a bad place right now.Bill's always come first.I myself have student loan debt and a very little amount of credit card debt.But the bill's for me are on top of thing's.and up to date.So that's why i bought my PB13 ULTRA.But at the end of the day BILL'S come first .You just have to know when the right time to spend a big amount of money is for.And one mor other thing learn to save for something .That's what i do all the time.I put money away fro something is ave for and i don't use it for anything else.I put bill money away in a different area in my bank for the bill's.And you put money away for just saving.3 different account's for 3 very important thing's.well kind only 2 important thing bill's and saving for retirement or just long time saving for all your life.I hope this helped buddy.And i hope you get to keep the subwoofer if you can .If not then do what you have to do.
woodhead2 likes this.
post #21484 of 21500 Old 05-26-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobert1967 View Post
I have to say if you have lot of bill's.And if there putting your in a bad place right now.Bill's always come first.I myself have student loan debt and a very little amount of credit card debt.But the bill's for me are on top of thing's.and up to date.So that's why i bought my PB13 ULTRA.But at the end of the day BILL'S come first .You just have to know when the right time to spend a big amount of money is for.And one mor other thing learn to save for something .That's what i do all the time.I put money away fro something is ave for and i don't use it for anything else.I put bill money away in a different area in my bank for the bill's.And you put money away for just saving.3 different account's for 3 very important thing's.well kind only 2 important thing bill's and saving for retirement or just long time saving for all your life.I hope this helped buddy.And i hope you get to keep the subwoofer if you can .If not then do what you have to do.

That's the way it should be done and always keep emergency cash in the bank too for a rainy day.
joseph10704 and woodhead2 like this.
post #21485 of 21500 Old 05-27-2015, 06:57 PM

All this bill talking from the last comment i posted on.And now i just might have to return my PB13 ULTRA.Just to pay bill's myself now.Lost a job today but thats life.i will get a new one.Just don't know how long it will take me.
post #21486 of 21500 Old 05-27-2015, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
All this bill talking from the last comment i posted on.And now i just might have to return my PB13 ULTRA.Just to pay bill's myself now.Lost a job today but thats life.i will get a new one.Just don't know how long it will take me.
Well that is sad to hear ...as you said that is life...i also lost a job 6 month ago and had a few interviews so far...but i have learnt a valuable lession and i also relaxed a bit so that was something good ...i just want a job that i wont feel like i am a slave and i think i might have found one but i am waiting for the response from manager. Hope you find a new job soon...fingers crossed
joseph10704 likes this.

Marantz sr7008, monitor audio bx6,bx center,bx fx,bx1,sub SVS sb13ultra (2x), panasonic 60asw654
post #21487 of 21500 Old Yesterday, 05:22 AM

Can anyone explain me that features of the sledge amp?

High pass
Low pass
Room gain

Can someone explain all the features and what advantages it has using them?

I have honestly only used the volume button on mine
post #21488 of 21500 Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by januza View Post
Can anyone explain me that features of the sledge amp?

High pass
Low pass
Room gain

Can someone explain all the features and what advantages it has using them?

I have honestly only used the volume button on mine
Pages 14, 15, & 16 in the on-line owner's manual.

MartinLogan Motion 40s / 30 / LX16s
Marantz SR5007 / UD5007
Emotiva XPA-3
SVS SB13ultra

exercise room: MartinLogan LX16s / Dynamo700
post #21489 of 21500 Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommaazz View Post
Well that is sad to hear ...as you said that is life...i also lost a job 6 month ago and had a few interviews so far...but i have learnt a valuable lession and i also relaxed a bit so that was something good ...i just want a job that i wont feel like i am a slave and i think i might have found one but i am waiting for the response from manager. Hope you find a new job soon...fingers crossed
Thank you bro.Yeah i mean i does my thinking and i just might keep the Ultra.The good thing is i saved my money for the sub i did not credit this WANT.I never put anything on a credit card for want's.I save my money and i wait and then i buy when the time is right.None the less i love my PB13 ULTRA so much i just don't want to return it no matter what.I still have money saved in the bank.And while bill's do need to get payed .My bill's are not big.I don't pay rent because i live with my parent's.I have a little student loan debt and a little more credit card debt because of bill's.I am not worrying.The bill's will get payed and it is what it is .As long as i don't miss any payment's.And i am all up to date .My bill's are in one sense PERFECT ORDER.And that's always a good thing.
post #21490 of 21500 Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank you bro.Yeah i mean i does my thinking and i just might keep the Ultra.The good thing is i saved my money for the sub i did not credit this WANT.I never put anything on a credit card for want's.I save my money and i wait and then i buy when the time is right.None the less i love my PB13 ULTRA so much i just don't want to return it no matter what.I still have money saved in the bank.And while bill's do need to get payed .My bill's are not big.I don't pay rent because i live with my parent's.I have a little student loan debt and a little more credit card debt because of bill's.I am not worrying.The bill's will get payed and it is what it is .As long as i don't miss any payment's.And i am all up to date .My bill's are in one sense PERFECT ORDER.And that's always a good thing.

Hey man sorry to hear you lost your job. I've been on a job hunt for a full time job since December and nothing has happened yet.

OTOH, hows the Ultra doing? How are you liking it? Are you really going to have to send it back??

Polk CS20
Polk Tsi 500's
Polk Tsi 200's
Denon 1713
Samsung 37'' LCD
Panasonic DMP-BDT 210
SVS PB-2000
Auralex Great Gramma/MoPAD
Logitech Harmony One
post #21491 of 21500 Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Are you saying that your subwoofer is racking up your bill, or to pay your bills you will have to get rid of the sub?
post #21492 of 21500 Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman61405 View Post
Hey man sorry to hear you lost your job. I've been on a job hunt for a full time job since December and nothing has happened yet.

OTOH, hows the Ultra doing? How are you liking it? Are you really going to have to send it back??
Hey bro.Well yeah it sucks being jobless.But i mean i have a uncle who is giving me some work.It's not much.But it will keep me busy for right now.7 bucks a hour.But it's free lance kind work.like when i my uncle need's me.Not all the time.However i worked with him today and i work with him tomorrow and on saturday. My dad works with my uncle too.Well it's his brother lol.

As far as the PB13 ULTRA goes.I really really really love it.However it has caused a little bit of craziness in my family.But nothing i can't fix.I love the PB13 Ultra tho the sound that this subwoofer make's.Is just UNREAL!!!!!!! And it goes really really low.I love the PB13 ultra with music too.I did some recalabrateing and called up SVS and spoke to dan.And he told me to keep all my speakers' at small.And to run the crossover's on the speakers on 80hz.And then to run the subwoofer crossover to 120hz.And Let me tell you the subwoofer sounds even BETTER!!!!! i re calibrated the whole setup with the adducey Mic and my level's are really good and right.Now really all i need to get now is some nice couch's for the living room.And down the road a second PB13 ULTRA.However i am thinking about letting the PB13 ultra sub level be at 16 hz and not 20hz.But i just might leave the level were it's at and make it at 16 when i get a second Pb13 ultra.Idk when i will buy a second PB13 ultra.But i will get one for sure.Hopefully in 2016 .And i would like to get myself a projector down the road too.A epson home theater projector for movie watching mostly.We will see bro it's a work in progress.
post #21493 of 21500 Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post
Are you saying that your subwoofer is racking up your bill, or to pay your bills you will have to get rid of the sub?
I am saying that the subwoofer is not costing me anything for my bill's.When i bought the PB13 Ultra.I payed cash from my bank from my saving's.So right now the PB13 ultra is payed for in full.No credit card was used.Nothing.Just my hard work in saving and that's all.So to be real i don't really need to return the Ultra.Nor do i want to.It is however in the back of my mind.Just in case.If i do it do.If i don't then i don't.Do i want to NO NOT REALLY LMAO.Why well main reason is the sub is not putting me is a debt or is is hurting my life or bank account as my bank account still stand's.
tommaazz and retro124 like this.
post #21494 of 21500 Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
I am saying that the subwoofer is not costing me anything for my bill's.When i bought the PB13 Ultra.I payed cash from my bank from my saving's.So right now the PB13 ultra is payed for in full.No credit card was used.Nothing.Just my hard work in saving and that's all.So to be real i don't really need to return the Ultra.Nor do i want to.It is however in the back of my mind.Just in case.If i do it do.If i don't then i don't.Do i want to NO NOT REALLY LMAO.Why well main reason is the sub is not putting me is a debt or is is hurting my life or bank account as my bank account still stand's.
Sorry about job, stay positive all bad is good for something, maybe even better job oppurtunity will show up for you.It should be like this buy those toys if you have extra $$$ this is hobby not live important items so if you can why not if you can't nothing wrong with it. I don't understand people who spending credit cards limits and then have no idea how to pay it back. I have only one Credit Card for emergency and things like renting car. I like to pay with this card becouse I receive2% cash back but every month I pay all off so not even penny interest. Every furniture, any item what we bought was cash from account, never borrow dollar even pay cash for car. Only what I will have to have payment for will be house what is on my list otherwise I will never have payment for items I hope. Don't have rich backround and I came to US 13 years ago with $50 in my packet and speak no English and have no friends here.
sinisanav and joseph10704 like this.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-7II's , RC-64II , RB-81II's , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #21495 of 21500 Old Today, 02:13 AM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Quote:
yep me too dont want to be in debt just to get something...i rather save and then make a purchase...the same was with the new car i bought 4 years ago...i have taken a credit but had a money on the side if something happens and now i only have a year left so it wont be a big problem. And i also saved a few bucks for hard times...but i hope i get the job when the summer is over cause i want to enyoj the summer and i also got pretty lazy ...luckily my wife is a teacher so her job is secured ... my 2nd sb13 ultra was a present to me when i lost my job so i had something else on my mind (that is what i said to my wife and she was understanding or else she might kick me out ) now i need a new job for my new upgrades which are itching me and also luckily i am not THAT old so i will get a new job hopefully soon.
joseph10704 likes this.

Marantz sr7008, monitor audio bx6,bx center,bx fx,bx1,sub SVS sb13ultra (2x), panasonic 60asw654
post #21496 of 21500 Old Today, 03:15 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Ordered the SVSPC2000 yesterday. Going to replace a Polk PSW 1000. Can't wait to see the difference.
TomC1315 and retro124 like this.
post #21497 of 21500 Old Today, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodhead2 View Post
Ordered the SVSPC2000 yesterday. Going to replace a Polk PSW 1000. Can't wait to see the difference.
Most people can't wait to hear or feel the difference, and you're just about how it looks?

joseph10704 and woodhead2 like this.
post #21498 of 21500 Old Today, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post
Most people can't wait to hear or feel the difference, and you're just about how it looks?

Watching Interstellar in my dark theater, I can only feel the difference !

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
post #21499 of 21500 Old Today, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Hey Guys, I hope this doesn't offend anyone and i hope all of you who need a Job, get a great new Job but when I seen this, I mean this is funny.
Matt2026 likes this.

Last edited by Heresy80; Today at 01:53 PM.
post #21500 of 21500 Old Today, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresy80 View Post
Hey Guys, I hope this doesn't offend anyone and i hope all of you who need a Job, get a great new Job but when I seen this, I mean this is funny.
Ha ha, that was pretty good.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com