Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 726 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #21751 of 21751 Old Today, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalow View Post
I don't get a very big budget to spend on home theater products, so I have to make them count. I recently purchased an "outlet special" PB-1000 sub from SVS the other day for $399.
The picture tried to show a flaw on the top of the cabinet, but honestly, I couldn't find any flaws. It is perfect and looks brand new. $100 off for something I can't even see? Sure!

I really wanted the PB-2000, but like I said, my budget for HT is basically nothing, and I couldn't pass up the price of the PB-1000. I may end up trading up later this year to the PB-2000, but so far the PB-1000 is a great sub.
It replaced a Polk DSW Pro 550wi and outshines the Polk in many areas. I always thought the Polk was decent sub, but had a limited frequency range. It couldn't dig as deep and didn't sound as articulate as the SVS.
At first I was worried that buying the SVS was going to be more or less a side-step from the Polk, but it ended up being a decent upgrade.

I'm happy with my purchase, now i just need to sell the old sub...
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I opted for a PB-2000 and I'm pleased. Coming from no sub to the PB I had no benchmark other than my friends Klipsch. I think I'm starting to comprehend the fact that thus sub doesn't play bass where there isn't any. Plus I'm leading what the term boomy means. That is where i can tell the biggest difference between the Klipsch and SVS. The SVS is subtle when it needs to be and definitely makes itself heard without drawing a ton of attention to the corner of my small living room where the PB sits.

-JT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page