Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 728 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #21811 of 21816 Old Today, 02:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1n3t1k View Post
I have never owned a receiver that has Audyssey. /dodges tomatoes

How long does it take to run? Does it vary between XT32/SubEQ and other Audyssey flavors? My Yamaha A3040 takes probably 3 minutes to run YPAO if I skip the angle measurements using the boomerang device.

Everything I have read is if you use an external calibration device, whether it is a MiniDSP, Anti-Mode, etc, you always re-run your automatic correction program after. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the theory is to leverage more resolution ability. If my receiver can only calibrate the subs on 4 different frequencies, then using the Anti-Mode's 36 filters to pre-correct the response allows for more of a "flattening potential" to the correction after the fact.

Travis
Now that I have a mic stand to attach the Audyssey mic to (rather than monkey around with some home-made/pain-in-the-ass microphone holder), I can get all 8 positions measured and calibrated in about 20 mins.

That Anti-Mode seems well reviewed and a worth while investment ... I'm curious too as to if and when you might incorporate the YPAO I'm guessing run the YPAO initially, if at all.

Bottom line: let's get your dual SB13 ultras performing up to their potential ... my Audyssey XT does a nice job with my system ... your dual set up definitely deserves a nice calibration upgrade ... please keep us posted :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	anti-mode_8033s.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	858514

MartinLogan Motion 40s / 30 / LX16s
Marantz SR5007 / UD5007
Emotiva XPA-3
SVS SB13ultra

exercise room: MartinLogan LX16s / Dynamo700
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21812 of 21816 Old Today, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 187
I finally have the new theater up and running, along with my dual PC-12 Plus and PC-13 Ultra. I must say that I am very impressed. While the bass doesn't seem much louder necessarily, I am very impressed by how much cleaner it sounds. After some work with my Minidsp I got the delay set correctly and that really cleaned things up. According to REW in the 16hz tune I have usable bass down to nearly 12hz. I'm not going to complain about that.

I got the Ultra while in the middle of a move, so sadly I never got to play with it in my original theater, so I can't really say how much the Ultra added to the Plus. The new room is much larger (old theater was 12x10x8, the new theater is 17x11x11) so the Ultra is helping compensate for that. As of now I'll I've done in there is watched a few demo's of movies, tonight should be the first full length film in there.
stikle, retro124, Matt2026 and 1 others like this.

AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP Tek e55ti, Center- EMP Tek e56ci, Side Surrounds- EMP Tek e55wi, Rear Surrounds- SVS Prime Satellites, Sub- SVS PC-12 Plus, SVS PC-13 Ultra
Display: BenQ w1070 on a 110in fixed screen
Blu-Ray Player: Sony BDP S6200;
Playstation 4
post #21813 of 21816 Old Today, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
I finally have the new theater up and running, along with my dual PC-12 Plus and PC-13 Ultra. I must say that I am very impressed. While the bass doesn't seem much louder necessarily, I am very impressed by how much cleaner it sounds. After some work with my Minidsp I got the delay set correctly and that really cleaned things up. According to REW in the 16hz tune I have usable bass down to nearly 12hz. I'm not going to complain about that.

I got the Ultra while in the middle of a move, so sadly I never got to play with it in my original theater, so I can't really say how much the Ultra added to the Plus. The new room is much larger (old theater was 12x10x8, the new theater is 17x11x11) so the Ultra is helping compensate for that. As of now I'll I've done in there is watched a few demo's of movies, tonight should be the first full length film in there.

Im running dual pb2000s in a room slightly bigger than that and it sounds damn good. Man I couldn't imagine how much better your setup sounds.

*Representing Team AVS*
- KillerPoptart -
Halo 2 Stats
post #21814 of 21816 Old Today, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC1315 View Post
Now that I have a mic stand to attach the Audyssey mic to (rather than monkey around with some home-made/pain-in-the-ass microphone holder), I can get all 8 positions measured and calibrated in about 20 mins.

That Anti-Mode seems well reviewed and a worth while investment ... I'm curious too as to if and when you might incorporate the YPAO I'm guessing run the YPAO initially, if at all.

Bottom line: let's get your dual SB13 ultras performing up to their potential ... my Audyssey XT does a nice job with my system ... your dual set up definitely deserves a nice calibration upgrade ... please keep us posted :-)

Attachment 858514
Hey TomC1315,

My twin SB13U are great - no complaints after the Anti-Mode. I think you may have mistaken my assistance and recommendation toward another fellow in the forum. 20 minutes is very reasonable for 8 measurements. I only measure my seat and I do keep YPAO activated after running the Anti-Mode on my subs - it's a huge difference without it and I verified my FR with REW and it's way more level and helps smooth the response. I enjoy YPAO : Flat the best as it keeps the highs sounding accurate, to my ears, and bright whereas Natural is more mellow and starts to dip around 11-12k.

Travis
post #21815 of 21816 Unread Today, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:

Sound fantastic, congrats! I really need to learn to use REW.

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B / Marantz NR-1504 / SVS PC-2000 / GoldenEar SuperSat 50s / AppleTV 3 / Sony PS4
post #21816 of 21816 Unread Today, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Quote:

Congrats, that must be amazing setup. I have chance to listen all 3 of those only 2 at time and end up with Pluses and it was not a plan at all. So with extra Ultra that must be excellent, enjoy.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-7II's , RC-64II , RB-81II's , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page