Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 771 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2468Likes

post #23101 of 23102 Old Today, 05:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhale64L7 View Post
First off I am new to this thread. I sold my old sub and have been looking in all the sub threads to research my replacement. I have only owned two subs ever. An Infinity reference sub which I never liked. Bottomed out all the time. And my Mfw15 which was pretty solid for movies but just a bit slow for music. I am definitely not a bass head. I never want my bass to drown out everything else.

To the above poster. If it is under warranty I would be getting a replacement amp.

Now for my questions. I have a 2700 cubic foot dedicated home theater. Bass traps in all corners. Bass traps in my columns, and also in my soffits, all the way around. I have optimal dimensions so to have the least amount of standing waves I want a sub that has nice tight bass for music. But I also want great impact for movies.

I am leaning towards the sb13ultra. But thinking I might need two for impact with movies though. And don't want to splurge on the second.

So my question is has anybody compared all these sub's? And if so maybe give me some advice. I am open to all suggestions but remember I won't sacrifice music for movies.

Thank you in advance.

I had the SB13 for a while, and I can echo the comments above that it can be a, in comparison, a bit lacking for movies. That's nothing against the SB13, but its asking a lot for a relatively compact 13 inch sub to go against, for example, bigger 15 inch subs.

here's my little journey to find my current sub:Deep Sea Sounds Mariana 18 Review

Salk Speakers. Deep Sea Sounds Subwoofer. Mastiff Dog
Processor TBD: Working out the Anthem Statement D2V v. Emotiva XMC-1 v. Anthem MRX 710

My Living Room HT

Last edited by madhuski; Today at 05:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23102 of 23102 Old Today, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I'll bump the gain closer to 12 o'clock. That probably will get my audyssey setting closer to -7 db on subwoofer. From there Should be able to safely bump the subwoofer to 0 db. I think my AVR will let me manually adjust to -12 db if I want to reduce the subwoofer. I typically like the audyssey settings for music though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread