Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 772 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2474Likes

post #23131 of 23135 Old Today, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuski View Post
I had the SB13 for a while, and I can echo the comments above that it can be a, in comparison, a bit lacking for movies. That's nothing against the SB13, but its asking a lot for a relatively compact 13 inch sub to go against, for example, bigger 15 inch subs.

here's my little journey to find my current sub:Deep Sea Sounds Mariana 18 Review
I replaced a perfectly functioning MFW15 with an SB13 Ultra in my 3000 cu ft room. I actually think the SB sounds better in all respects. In my room it is not lacking for movies. (Neither was the MFW). I did add a second one a week later but it had nothing to do with output. So far I am very impressed with them. Fwiw I have owned about 15 subwoofers ranging from DIY to a JL F113.

-Eli

AV Nut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23132 of 23135 Old Today, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
It's a square drive bit. SVS will send you the bit.
Really? Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NODES View Post
No pint in stressing out, SVS will take care of you.
I know. I wasn't expecting any problems so soon is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NODES View Post
Once you figure out how to take it apart then you just paved your way into the world of DIY
Ha. Funny. Maybe it'll peak my interest to build my own sub.

home theater addict
post #23133 of 23135 Old Today, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 348
I was able to find the square bits at Lowes.
post #23134 of 23135 Old Today, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJEli View Post
I replaced a perfectly functioning MFW15 with an SB13 Ultra in my 3000 cu ft room. I actually think the SB sounds better in all respects. In my room it is not lacking for movies. (Neither was the MFW). I did add a second one a week later but it had nothing to do with output. So far I am very impressed with them. Fwiw I have owned about 15 subwoofers ranging from DIY to a JL F113.

-Eli
I agree with this. I had an SB13 Ultra before and i never thought it wasn't enough for movies. Even now with the SB2000 i still find it sounds amazing.

home theater addict
post #23135 of 23135 Old Today, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJEli View Post

-Eli
Wow this is great to know. I sold my mfw15 and was starting to get second thoughts.

So you like the sb13u more? In what ways?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page