Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 774 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2493Likes
post #23191 of 23192 Unread Today, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just ordered some svs ultra tower to round out my ultra line. Have a question though, can anyone tell me the height of the tweeter from the floor? Gonna redo my center speaker and would like it set up correctly before towers arrive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23192 of 23192 Unread Today, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. How would I go about integrating the PB-2000 and 25-31? I asked the SVS guys this and Ed said its not advisable. But then there are many of you in this thread running different dual subs happily.
I run dual, mismatched, subs. You need two subs that have similar capabilities. I talked with SVS before mixing my Plus and Ultra and was told that because they had they have the same tuning frequency they could work together. Likewise, while the Ultra has considerably more output it isn't to the point that the Ultra completely overwhelms the Plus. Advice I was given is that typically you can mix and match with SVS as long as you're just going one model up or down. So a Plus and an Ultra is fine, a Ultra and PB-2000 isn't.

Now the setup is definitely more challenging with mismatched subs. REW and a measurement mic are basically requirments, otherwise you're doing to a lot of guess work. Also either a MiniDSP or a receiver with Audyssey XT32 and SubEQ will make life so much easier. Placing the smaller sub a little closers will also help make up for the difference in power.

Under the right circumstances mismatched subs does work, you just need the right subs and the equipment to make it work. It's not exactly a plug and play experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page