Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 821 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3273Likes

post #24601 of 24626 Old 08-25-2016, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1671 Post(s)
Liked: 1916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitho22 View Post
Cheers mthomas, is it safe to assume that setting the xo at say 40-60hz the PB will deliver eveything i hope it will and more to compliment my set up?
I think it will, particularly with your towers giving you some mid-bass support with a 60Hz crossover. I probably wouldn't go lower than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24602 of 24626 Old 08-25-2016, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Couple more considerations, around whether these subs will be a noticeable upgrade from your speakers. First, for music, I doubt any of these subs will give you much of anything. Maybe the deepest synthesizer notes, pipe organs if you're into that, and a bit more presence in the kick drum and bass guitar. Most of the difference will be with movies. I'm not familiar with Yamaha, but where does your LFE signal go when you don't have subs attached? Is it piping through your mains? If not, then pretty much any sub should sound great for movies, as you'll be experiencing the LFE channel for the first time :-) Also, while your mains will go to 35 Hz, will they produce 35 Hz at 115 dB? Or just 35 Hz at reference (85 dB)? I'm guessing that even fed 400W, they can't produce 115dB at 35 Hz, or even 50 Hz. To experience the full effect of the LFE channel, your speaker needs to reproduce peak sounds 30 dB higher than your nominal volume (normal voices, or what your center channel produces). Even if you listen at -10dB from reference, your LFE channel needs to produce 105 dB, or more if you like to run your sub hot (bumped up a few dB). So I would think either sub would do more justice to material below 50 or 60 Hz than your mains could. Another reason to set your crossover to at least 60 Hz, or even 80 Hz when you have a sub, even with those mains.

Now, as a bit of an aside, while I have small satellites rather than nice floorstanders, I did recently upgrade from inexpensive Energy ported 8" subs that go to 30 Hz, to the SB2000's. So maybe that correlates a bit to what you'll experience by adding a sub to your setup. I demoed them side-by-side for multiple movies, and to tell you the truth I couldn't really tell much of a difference. There was some extra material / rumbles I could hear / feel down really low on the SB2000's, but explosions, engine roars, etc all seemed about the same. Maybe the SB2000's were a bit sharper? Or maybe my hearing is just going bad in my old age, though my 11 year old was with me and she couldn't tell much difference either. Or maybe those 8" subs were super-good for the money, as they do shake pictures on walls on the other side of our house and my wife couldn't understand why I wanted better ones. Or I should have gotten PB2000's instead :-) The biggest difference was in REW testing, in which the SB2000's clearly won. But actual movie experience (using 4.5-5 star movies per Data-Bass forum), at least at the 70-75 dB levels we watch at, there wasn't much difference, and I almost returned them.

So how does that help you? Dunno, probably just made you more confused! I guess my advice is to not expect a night-day difference in movie watching by adding either sub to your particular setup, unless you watch your movies really loud. You've got really good mains fed by lots of power, which most people don't have when they add a sub and then go "wow what a difference!" IMO either choice will be a nice addition to your setup, but not a "wow" addition (unless your LFE channel isn't going to your mains now), and each has advantages/disadvantages.

I do think you need to mock up the PB13U for your wife before pulling the trigger on it though, to stay out of the doghouse. And keep in mind that bulk will also limit placement options, which might make the bass nulls worse.

And remember, this choice is a first world problem to have :-)
Good luck - either one will be enjoyable.
post #24603 of 24626 Old 08-25-2016, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Thanks Alan P, yeah i have been pricing them up because the box will delivered to an adjacent garage 50 yards away and it's about 79kg, i attempted to lift my wife up and i felt a twinge lower back, i told her to lose some weight, she aint happy, lol!
Have you thought about the PC13 Ultra? Much easier to move around.
I have two of these, they are awesome!
post #24604 of 24626 Old 08-26-2016, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Magellen said

"I'm not familiar with Yamaha, but where does your LFE signal go when you don't have subs attached? Is it piping through your mains?"

Yes it goes through my mains
.................................................. ..................

"will they produce 35 Hz at 115 dB?"

I honestly don't know, is it therefore likely they are not? Got me now thinking either sub would be much better than my mains 20-60hz.
.................................................. ................

"So how does that help you? Dunno, probably just made you more confused! I guess my advice is to not expect a night-day difference in movie watching by adding either sub to your particular setup, unless you watch your movies really loud. You've got really good mains fed by lots of power, which most people don't have when they add a sub and then go "wow what a difference!" IMO either choice will be a nice addition to your setup, but not a "wow" addition (unless your LFE channel isn't going to your mains now), and each has advantages/disadvantages."

Yep i am really confused now, i did think i would not need a sub, but as MA av package comes with a sub i thought i would get one.

.................................................. ...........................

"I do think you need to mock up the PB13U for your wife before pulling the trigger on it though, to stay out of the doghouse. And keep in mind that bulk will also limit placement options, which might make the bass nulls worse."

Yes it is large and far heavier than i would like( i am worried by this, so is she), this is the main reason i would prefer to go with (x2) SB13u but my concern is i honestly do not know if SB13U db output is enough to compliment my floorstanders from 20-60hz

I am assuming that the output of the PB13U will better or be similar to the MA Plat output.
.................................................. .............................................
kendognz said

"Have you thought about the PC13 Ultra? Much easier to move around.
I have two of these, they are awesome!"

I'm sure they probably are, i have thought about the PC13U, wife is not keen on aesthetics, cannot win her over.

.................................................. ................................

File too large to upload to AVS so here are some of the specs

Based on these specs is the PB13U or SB13U performance similar/better/worse on paper than the Monitor Audio?

Monitor Audio Platinum PLW215 II

Low Frequency Response -3dB @ 23Hz / -10dB @ 18Hz (Free Field) default preset: Music
-3dB @ 19Hz / -10dB @ 16Hz (In Room) de fault preset: Music
Limited by low frequency protection filter (-3dB @ 12Hz)
Upper Frequency Limit -3dB @ 150Hz

Driver Compliment 2 x 15” C-CAM® sub-woofer driver featuring inverted surround and triple suspension for increased support at high excursions.
Black single layer, edge wound 3” voice coil with vented pole, vented coil and black CED coated motor unit to reduce power compression and increase thermal dissipation.

FEA optimised cone, magnetics and suspensions for optimal performance and increased linearity.
Linear Driver Excursion 42mm Peak to Peak. Total displacement 6.4 Litres
Amplifier Power Output Dual amplifier design with a single amplifier powering each driver.

Combined 1400W RMS, 2000W Peak (Burst ratio 1:4 continuous, measured into two nonreactive 4 ohm loads)
Amplifier Classification 2 x Class-D amplifiers; Balanced differential Input; Differentially

Weight (unpacked) 57.54Kg (126lb 10oz)
Dimensions
(inc amp, drivers and feet).
(H x W x D)
546.3 x 504 x 512mm
21 1/2 x 19 13/16 x 20 3/16 Inches

TO SUM UP I WOULD PREFER TO GO WITH (X2) SB13U BECAUSE OF SIZE, WEIGHT CONSTRAINTS ETC OF THE PB13U BUT I WORRY THE SB13U DOES NOT MEASURE UP TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THE MONITOR AUDIO PLAT SUB.

IF TWO SB13U WERE EQUAL TO THE MONITOR AUDIO SUB I WOULD PROBABLY GO WITH THAT.

Apologies for the long-winded nature of this post but i would really appreciate feedback.
post #24605 of 24626 Old 08-26-2016, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

TO SUM UP I WOULD PREFER TO GO WITH (X2) SB13U BECAUSE OF SIZE, WEIGHT CONSTRAINTS ETC OF THE PB13U BUT I WORRY THE SB13U DOES NOT MEASURE UP TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THE MONITOR AUDIO PLAT SUB.

Apologies for the long-winded nature of this post but i would really appreciate feedback.

I understand that this is a difficult decision. I made a similar one recently myself, and I just had to take my time to wrestle with it, and research and analyze options, until I was satisfied that I knew what I wanted to do. But in the end, this is a decision that only you can make.

Those are very nice speakers! If it helps at all, I have full-range speakers with similar low-end performance. And for music, I listen to them without subs. I just don't need any low-end support for music, and that gives me one less crossover in the sound. Plus, I boost my subs big time for movies, and I don't want to have to constantly change the trim levels for the subs.

But as powerful as my large speakers are, and I have six full-range (sub-40Hz) speakers in my system, they simply don't hold a candle to my PB13's for movies, and particularly not for action movies. So, I bass-manage all of my speakers at 60Hz or higher, enjoy some extra mid-bass as a result, and turn my subs loose to kick *ss in the low and ultra low frequencies. From everything you have said, that is exactly what you are looking to do, as well. And as you have already demonstrated through your own research, a ported sub will do that much more competently than even a pair of sealed subs. So, everything really depends on the particular situation, and personal goals, of the user. And you know your situation and goals better than anyone else.
post #24606 of 24626 Old 08-26-2016, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP725 View Post
I'm looking at the PC12+ and the PB12+. I am just concerned on placement. the PC footprint is ideal but the height kinda seems like it would look awkward next/near to towers that are the same height. I uploaded a photo from my current setup.
Hi,

I agree that the PB would probably look a little better if located near the other speakers. But I have a couple of observations. First, your sub doesn't have to be on the area rug with the other components in your system. For instance, it could easily be somewhere to the left, including out of the picture, as it's shown. You could always use isolation feet, or even a carpet square under the sub, if you were concerned about vibration or movement on the wood floor. Also, if you are like most of us, you will probably wish for a second sub someday, and you might put the second one somewhere else entirely. Perhaps at the back of the room, for instance. So, I would not let the existing sub placement govern my choice here if I were you. Just go with the sub you prefer, and ideally do a sub crawl to help guide your new sub placement.

One additional tip is based on something I can't help noticing in the photo. If you move your center channel forward a few inches, so that the front edge just clears the cabinet, it will improve the sound quality, and may also help with dialogue clarity. You can also put something under the front to shim the CC up a little more toward your ears, and that will help too.

Regards,
Mike
Alan P likes this.
post #24607 of 24626 Old 08-26-2016, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Hi,

I agree that the PB would probably look a little better if located near the other speakers. But I have a couple of observations. First, your sub doesn't have to be on the area rug with the other components in your system. For instance, it could easily be somewhere to the left, including out of the picture, as it's shown. You could always use isolation feet, or even a carpet square under the sub, if you were concerned about vibration or movement on the wood floor. Also, if you are like most of us, you will probably wish for a second sub someday, and you might put the second one somewhere else entirely. Perhaps at the back of the room, for instance. So, I would not let the existing sub placement govern my choice here if I were you. Just go with the sub you prefer, and ideally do a sub crawl to help guide your new sub placement.

One additional tip is based on something I can't help noticing in the photo. If you move your center channel forward a few inches, so that the front edge just clears the cabinet, it will improve the sound quality, and may also help with dialogue clarity. You can also put something under the front to shim the CC up a little more toward your ears, and that will help too.

Regards,
Mike
I appreciate the tips, actually the left of my tv is a walk way leading to a doorway. no possible room to place it there without jumping over the sub everyday. I have some limited choices based on the room lay out unfortunately. That picture is a little old, I did move my center a bit. I might try to shim it up on an angle a little bit though. I ordered an outlet PB12+

Thanks.
mthomas47 and retro124 like this.
post #24608 of 24626 Old 08-26-2016, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP725 View Post
I appreciate the tips, actually the left of my tv is a walk way leading to a doorway. no possible room to place it there without jumping over the sub everyday. I have some limited choices based on the room lay out unfortunately. That picture is a little old, I did move my center a bit. I might try to shim it up on an angle a little bit though. I ordered an outlet PB12+

Thanks.

You are very welcome, and congratulations on the new sub! I think you will be very pleased.
post #24609 of 24626 Old 08-26-2016, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post
Of course.
But those who are looking at the outlet know the price of this stuff.
And a random buyer will either go for new or buy from Best buy

When I bought it, it was $699 a day or two before.
When they dropped it to $499, I picked it up.
The returned PC-12 NSD by ICE is now at outlet with normal price.

http://www.svsound.com/collections/o...sd-outlet-9154
post #24610 of 24626 Old 08-26-2016, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 922 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
The returned PC-12 NSD by ICE is now at outlet with normal price.

http://www.svsound.com/collections/o...sd-outlet-9154
The one you returned was also in the outlet today for $679. I contacted SVS about the price discrepancy through chat and was told that the price was an mistake. Said to wait a few minutes and they would update the prices on both to $449. After that, I ordered the one you had. I sure hope they tested it to address the voice coil rubbing, which you had discovered. We shall see. The shabby condition one is still available as of now for $449.
post #24611 of 24626 Old 08-26-2016, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
The one you returned was also in the outlet today for $679. I contacted SVS about the price discrepancy through chat and was told that the price was an mistake. Said to wait a few minutes and they would update the prices on both to $449. After that, I ordered the one you had. I sure hope they tested it to address the voice coil rubbing, which you had discovered. We shall see. The shabby condition one is still available as of now for $449.
Ah ok. I never tracked it so I did not know.
I hope they have replaced the driver on it. Simply push the cone by hand and you will get the rub.
Also throw everything at it to make sure. (I don't have to tell you though).
For some reason I have doubt if they have fixed anything (or simply swapped the driver between the two.. )
post #24612 of 24626 Old 08-26-2016, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 922 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
I hope they have replaced the driver on it. Simply push the cone by hand and you will get the rub.
For some reason I have doubt if they have fixed anything (or simply swapped the driver between the two.. )
Did you relay your experience with the voice coil rubbing to SVS? If so, surely they addressed the issue. If not, that would reflect very poorly on their "Factory Inspected and Tested." statement.

Last edited by MIX_MASTER_ICE; 08-26-2016 at 04:33 PM.
post #24613 of 24626 Old 08-26-2016, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
Did you relay your experience with the voice coil rubbing to SVS? If so, surely they addressed the issue. If not, that would reflect very poorly on their "Factory Inspected and Tested." statement.
Yes, I did. When I got the return processed I did mention that problem on the chat.
Isn't it already reflected about "Factory Inspected and Tested."?
post #24614 of 24626 Old 08-26-2016, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Now, that's just mean! Buying a somewhat weathered looking sub with a bad voice coil to match.

I'm sure they fixed the voice coil.
post #24615 of 24626 Old 08-28-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:

So i ran some more REW tests this morning. I'll upload the graphs after I figure out how to do it, but I wanted to give you some info sooner given your time zone.

First, I did a baseline with one and two subs, to measure the gain on the second sub. They are placed on adjacent walls, about 1/4 length each, so they are about 12 feet apart. My space is pretty close to yours, roughly 15'w x 20'd x 9'h, wall-wall carpet, windows on 3 sides and door on 4th wall (sealed room). TV is on short wall with couch about 10 feet away (so about halfway along the long wall - yes that's a bad spot but the second sub 1/4 along that wall helps with that). Based on the first test, with volume on my Sony STR-DN1050 set to 40 (gives me about 83 dB average), sweep from 5-100 Hz so I'm mostly just hitting my subs (crossover is 120), there's actually a graduated boost from the 2nd sub based on frequency. At 5 Hz, I see 6 dB, 20 Hz is 5 dB, 40 Hz is 4 dB, 60 Hz is 3dB, and beyond that things get a bit jumbled due to standing waves and such and it's hard to measure boost but it doesn't look like the second sub gives much extra volume at all. Maybe it's a room gain effect, but bottom line for my room the second sub seems to boost on the right end of the spectrum :-) Bottom line for you is adding these numbers to a single SB13's data on Data-Bass, the PB13 only has an advantage over dual SB13's from 16-31Hz, and even then no more than 6 dB (in a narrow range from 16-20 Hz).

Second test was both subs, increasing AVR gain by 5 at a time (about 2.5dB steps). Each resulting plot line was perfectly in sync with the previous up until I hit clipping at a gain of 70 (98 dB average). Backing down to the previous step, REW showed my 2 SB2000's with room gain giving me 99.5 dB @ 5 Hz, 100 @ 10 Hz, 102 @ 12.5 Hz, 101 @ 20 Hz, 104 @ 25 Hz, 108 @ 31.5 Hz, 106 @ 40 Hz, 106.5 @ 50 Hz, 100.5 @ 63 Hz, 98.5 @ 80 Hz, 94.5 @ 100 Hz. Oddly my SB2000's have that bump from 30-50 Hz that someone else on this thread said low end subs have :-( Hopefully the SB13U's don't have it, but you'll also get a parametric equalizer to fix it.

So what does this mean for you? First, all rooms are different, so don't expect exactly the same room gain :-) Second, these are SB2000's; the SB13U's should go 5-7 dB higher across the spectrum, though they do have a steeper drop off below 30 Hz than the SB2000's (not nearly as bad as the PB13's have below 15 Hz). PB13's should go 15 dB higher above 20 Hz; below 15 Hz though with that steep drop off who knows. Plus I stopped my testing when I hit clipping, which was probably only at the very low end. With more time I should have run sweeps at higher gain starting at 15 or 20 Hz to see how much more headroom I have at those frequencies. I was also just using my AVR gain and not the sub gains, which are only at the 1:00 position so maybe it was my AVR I was clipping.

Based on just this data though, if I'm watching a movie at reference -10 (75 dB), with my subs 5 dB hot, I have at least 20 dB of headroom out of the recommended 30 at 5-20Hz, and 24-26 dB out of 30 from 25-50Hz. So for my room, upgrading to SB13U's would pretty much let me fully reproduce any source down to 15 Hz at reference -10 volumes (and subs 5 dB hot), and most of it even at reference volumes. In my case, a PB13 is overkill (not to mention a non-starter for WAF).

Translating all that to room gain, assuming 100 Hz is a "zero room gain point", and using the SVS quasi-anechoic chart on their website, it's roughly 9 dB at 50 Hz, 11 dB @ 30 Hz (still think there's an artificial bump in these subs at 30-50 Hz that SVS hides in their charts - that bump wasn't there with my Energy ESW-8 subs), 10 dB @ 20 Hz, 14 dB @ 15 Hz, 15 dB @ 10 Hz, and extrapolating the SVS curve a bit, 18 dB @ 5 Hz.

Hope that helps with the decision, given you can't demo them in your own home. It all comes down to how loud you watch movies, and WAF. PB13 is no-brainer if you watch action movies that actually have LFE content below 30 Hz, at reference levels, mostly just one or two viewers clustered at MLP so evenness isn't a concern, and wife approves. Start whittling away at those assumptions however, the twin SB13's start looking better. Tough decision - did you mock up the PB13U for your wife yet? Even a stack of pillows would help. I think the biggest issue is the extra depth - it will stick out from the wall an extra foot more than the SB13 (SVS hides this in the pics they put on their site of subs next to the brown chair - the SB13 is far from the wall but the PB13 is up against it).

Good luck!
mthomas47 and Ben Tan like this.

Last edited by Magellan55; 08-28-2016 at 02:18 PM.
post #24616 of 24626 Old 08-28-2016, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

^^

I wish you had had a PB2000 available, so that you could have done a direct apples-to-apples comparison in your room. I would love to have seen the results. But that seemed like a good analysis to me, and very helpful to the OP.

Regards,
Mike
post #24617 of 24626 Old Yesterday, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
^^

I wish you had had a PB2000 available, so that you could have done a direct apples-to-apples comparison in your room. I would love to have seen the results. But that seemed like a good analysis to me, and very helpful to the OP.

Regards,
Mike
Yeah that would have been a nice test, but that wasn't even a consideration in my case. I was more looking at a PSA S1500, or even an SB13U to demo against the SB2000 though it was way out of my price range. I really need a small box :-) At some point I might add a 3rd sub, especially seeing the gain a 2nd sub gives on the low end. Maybe when SVS does another clearance sale :-)
post #24618 of 24626 Old Yesterday, 06:33 AM

Thanks Magellan, i have some furniture similar size to the PB13 for comparison, wife is ok about it. I have wanted (x2) SB13 because of size/weight issues of PB13. Concern is am i short changing myself in the LFE so was considering the PB13 with more output 30hz and below. You have to realize from my position i do not have any experience of LFE below my floorstanders (35hz)

Your test findings with dual SB2000 LFE are interesting. I just need to be satisfied that with dual SB13 the output will be loud and low enough at the MLP and won't run out of juice.
post #24619 of 24626 Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Magellan, i have some furniture similar size to the PB13 for comparison, wife is ok about it. I have wanted (x2) SB13 because of size/weight issues of PB13. Concern is am i short changing myself in the LFE so was considering the PB13 with more output 30hz and below. You have to realize from my position i do not have any experience of LFE below my floorstanders (35hz)

Your test findings with dual SB2000 LFE are interesting. I just need to be satisfied that with dual SB13 the output will be loud and low enough at the MLP and won't run out of juice.

I have sort of waffled with you a bit on this issue, as I have read your various posts. And if you are going to beat the September 1 price increase, you will need to make a decision soon. If you do not have any prior experience with <35Hz sound and tactile feel, then I think that two SB13's will blow you away. The biggest question is the one you posed on the previous page. Will you then be content, or will you ask yourself what if you had gone with a ported sub?

Not to go all psychological here, but I think that is partly a matter of personality type. Some people do a great job of appreciating what they have, and others wonder what it would be like to change "X"? Whatever "X" may happen to be. I am more of the latter personality type, I think. So, if the question is whether two SB13's can satisfy you or not, I think that the answer depends as much on you as it does on the subs. They will absolutely open up a new world of bass appreciation to you. And if you can appreciate that new world for what it is, then you will be satisfied. It is only if you "what if" yourself, about even more output, that you might have buyer's remorse.

I sort of wanted to ask you whether there is an exchange or upgrade policy available to you in the UK? I had Pluses at one time and then upgraded them to Ultra's, going directly through SVS here in the US. And they made it easy for me. If you bought SB13's now, could you upgrade to a PB13, or even a pair later, if you wanted to? Or, would you have to sell your SB13's, and start over from scratch? Two subs are generally going to be better than one, so again it just comes down to sheer output, and your own ability to not second-guess your buying decision.

I hope that you don't mind my discussing the decision in those terms, and that the discussion is helpful.

Regards,
Mike
post #24620 of 24626 Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 73
SVS is having a 09/01/2016 price increase?
post #24621 of 24626 Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM

A dealer told me UK prices are going up 10%.

mthomas can i assume what i would experience with (x2) SB13U below 35hz down to 20hz would be a very noticeable gain on my current set up?

I know the XO would be set about 60hz and the subs may perform better below the XO than my floorstanders down to 60-35hz but as i'm only interested in anything below 35hz and for the cash outlay it has to be a meaningful gain?
post #24622 of 24626 Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM

I should also mention it will in reality be nearer 20% increase for me, the reason being this particular dealer is having what he called an August double save promotion, he has knocked 10% of current UK prices until 31 Aug.
post #24623 of 24626 Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
A dealer told me UK prices are going up 10%.

mthomas can i assume what i would experience with (x2) SB13U below 35hz down to 20hz would be a very noticeable gain on my current set up?

I know the XO would be set about 60hz and the subs may perform better below the XO than my floorstanders down to 60-35hz but as i'm only interested in anything below 35hz and for the cash outlay it has to be a meaningful gain?

You said this in a previous post: "You have to realize from my position I do not have any experience of LFE below my floorstanders (35hz)". And I quoted that post in saying that if you were not experiencing anything significant below 35Hz, that the two SB13's would "blow you away". I think that constitutes a pretty noticeable and meaningful gain.

Seriously, several people have reassured you that two SB13's will be great! You had just asked earlier whether you would ask "what if", after buying them, and that's the part I tried to respond to in my last post.
post #24624 of 24626 Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Their's a 5% increase in the UK on 1st of September according to hifix.
post #24625 of 24626 Old Today, 03:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Possible dead Svs PB 13 Ultra AMP?

Hi
Ive just bought an used Svs pb13 ultra sub with an 750w BASH AMP. from 2008.

But unfortunetaly it dosent work, there no light in the diode, no Sound and seems to be all dead. I checked the fuse it Seems ok, also measured it, no problem here.

It wars NOT possible to hear before i bought it.

Is the AMP dead, it have read that it could be broken thermistor is this a possibility when it is not burning the fuse?

Should i go for an repair or an new sledge amp or forget it and deliver it back?

I live in Denmark so i dont know yet if it is possible with an rplacement AMP, have contacted the Danish retailer.
post #24626 of 24626 Old Today, 03:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonit View Post
Hi
Ive just bought an used Svs pb13 ultra sub with an 750w BASH AMP. from 2008.

But unfortunetaly it dosent work, there no light in the diode, no Sound and seems to be all dead. I checked the fuse it Seems ok, also measured it, no problem here.

It wars NOT possible to hear before i bought it.

Is the AMP dead, it have read that it could be broken thermistor is this a possibility when it is not burning the fuse?

Should i go for an repair or an new sledge amp or forget it and deliver it back?

I live in Denmark so i dont know yet if it is possible with an rplacement AMP, have contacted the Danish retailer.
Sorry should have ben a new post, not an reply. Can i delete the post?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread