Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 874 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4192Likes

post #26191 of 26196 Old Today, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebdixson View Post
Are you leaning towards the 13's now versus the 16's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Are you liking your SB16s and do they still seem adequate in your space?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26192 of 26196 Old Today, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all,

I'm new here. I've bought SB16 Ultra few week ago and pretty happy with it. However, I just realized it has humming noise, it sounds like the white noise from TV or radio. It makes me feel like there's a fan running inside the sub constantly. I've contacted SVS customer service and they were very helpful, after few emails, they decided to send me a new amp to try out. However the new amp does the same thing. I've tested the sub when it only plugged into outlet.

My question is: is there any level of humming sound acceptable for sub? or it's by design?

Thanks
post #26193 of 26196 Old Today, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleee View Post
Hi all,

I'm new here. I've bought SB16 Ultra few week ago and pretty happy with it. However, I just realized it has humming noise, it sounds like the white noise from TV or radio. It makes me feel like there's a fan running inside the sub constantly. I've contacted SVS customer service and they were very helpful, after few emails, they decided to send me a new amp to try out. However the new amp does the same thing. I've tested the sub when it only plugged into outlet.

My question is: is there any level of humming sound acceptable for sub? or it's by design?

Thanks
Do you have any "Three Pronged" plugged in fans etc or over head fans, light dimmers etc running on the same circuit breaker as the amp?

Can you move the sub ( I know HEAVY) and plug it into the wall on a different circuit?

I ran into this problem with a "Ground Loop" hum with my Hafler Pro Amp for my R2R and TT. I went crazy unplugging devices etc and finally found a

a old power strip with a 3 prong plug fan for my AVR. I used a 3 into 2 plug adaptor and all is well again.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II, R-14M
Klipsch Heresy II,
Klipsch Sub 12 X 3
SVS PB 13 Ultra Sub
Yamaha RX-V1900 HD PS3

post #26194 of 26196 Old Today, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
Are you liking your SB16s and do they still seem adequate in your space?
I've had them for about 7 or 8 months now and I've honestly had zero regrets or urges to upgrade to something else.

I don't really push them that much and even being in relatively big space, there is still a great deal of additional output I could tap into if I wanted to. For me and my room they more than meet what I'm looking for with both music and movies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Denon X4200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, CDT-5800-C II's
SVS SB-16 Ultra x 2
Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2
Sony XBR75X940D
XBox One S
post #26195 of 26196 Old Today, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Liked: 1335
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks
Any hum is not white noise. Big difference caused by different things.

Unplug your sub from everything. Just plug in the power cord. What do you hear?
Louis Bartay likes this.
post #26196 of 26196 Old Today, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks
My PB16 has a slight hum.. But I need to sit almost next to my sub to hear it so it has never bothered me.. I only noticed it because a few people did experience the same as you... but my PB13s are dead silent..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb13 Ultra , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000
Gear in this thread