AVS Forum banner
3M views 37K replies 3K participants last post by  Deaf-Forever 
#1 ·

If this thread already exists, please disregard. I looked, but couldn't find it.

I recently purchased a PB Plus/2, and have been itching to share my experience so far. Here's my 5.1 set-up:

Denon AVR 5803 (Purchased Used)

Panasonic BD-55 Blu-ray Player (Analog 5.1 Outputs)

Samsung 5687 DLP

GR Research A/V3S x 3

GR Research A/V1RS x 2

SVS PB Plus/2

PURE AV Power conditioner

Listening area is 14x17x8 living room with one 8' opening to kitchen/dining area, and one opening to hallway, laminate floor with large area rug, SVS position is RF corner next to ent center (very limited in where I could put it), listening position is center of 14' wall across from TV, Not an ideal HT room, but could be worse.

Settings:

All speakers set to 75 db, with SVS running hot at about 82 db

SVS Gain at 1/4, 20 hz tune (one port plug), used the included 3M rubber feet

LFE pre-out on Denon is -2.0 db

Listening is 90/10 Movies to Music

After more research than I care to get into, I settled on the Velodyne HGS 15x and the SVS PB Plus/2. I actually ordered the Velodyne, but it was discontinued. I had decided on the Velodyne mostly because of the smaller size and the positive experience a relative of mine has had with his. The SVS and the Velodyne seemed to be close in performance based on what I had read, but

the size of the SVS was scaring me off. WAF. She's been very patient with my hobby. After the Velodyne fell through, I decided to order the SVS rather than looking elsewhere for the Velodyne. Got the size past the wife by telling her it was a lot cheaper than the Velo. I'VE NEVER LOOKED BACK!

Support from SVS before, during, and after the sale has been outstanding. It was shipped fast, and arrived on it's own pallet, very well packaged. The manual and set-up were a snap. I have since contacted SVS a couple times with questions and comments, and they always reply quickly and seem very interested in my impression of their product. Not to mention the money I saved by going with the SVS.

It's performance so far has been excellent. I had a Klipsch KSW 15 prior to the SVS, and let me tell you, this thing blows it away, and the Klipsch was no slouch. From the sock explosion in Monsters Inc. to the Tripods in WOTW, I'm lovin my new toy.

Sorry if this was a puff piece, and again, I hope an owners thread doesn't already exist. If so, let me have it, if not, lets hear about your SVS!

See less See more
#21,221 ·
Need help.

I had a svs pc 12 nsd dsp, sorry to say, I sold it

That sub gave me years of happiness, as iin Interstellar where really shattered/ rattled my furniture, my curtains started to dance along with that lfe

Now I am doing dual sub. Two pc 2000. Brand new as of this week.

They are in each corner at the same wall as my telly.

They dont have any bass at all

They are both set excactly as my old pc 12. Twelve o clock output, same phase, lfe. Same input sock?t, same sub cables. No bass or lfe.

Dont know what to do. Have run ypao on my yamaha 2030 several times
I have a pb2000 and I had the same problem. Called customer service and the told me to turn the gain up all the way and adjust the sub settings in the avr and now I love it. Everything rattles.

Reactions: newfmp3
#21,222 ·
New owner of a 20-39PCI I found on Craig's list in really nice condition. My room setup really just wanted a cylinder and it looks good there. Finding new frequencies. Gain knob straight up, phase at 0, crossover OFF. Ran MCACC on SC81 and it set sub gain at -12. Changed to -8 and changed all speakers except mains to small, crossover is at 80. Seems very balanced. Previously I could only hear 28 hz with some indication at 25. Now I can feel 16 and 18 starts rattling the pictures on the wall. Been running some bass tests with certain movie scenes and music, everything sounds good so far.

Any tips regarding this sub I should be aware of?

There is the question about the old sub, a JBL E250P. I don't feel I am missing any bass in the range it can supply. My mains have 10" woofers with 12" passive radiators and with the SVS I think I am pretty much covered for mid/upper bass. Having said that, I have it, I have room in a couple of back theater places and I have the cable. I will probably try it but curious about past experience.

Thanks

#21,224 ·
Don't want to start a separate thread for a quick question. Intrested in the PB 2000. How often should I check the Outlet page?
When I'm excited for a new item like that, I'm checking the page multiple times a day :D

#21,225 ·
Don't want to start a separate thread for a quick question. Intrested in the PB 2000. How often should I check the Outlet page?
Besides checking the outlet section daily just call SVS and let them know what you have your eyes on and maybe they would call you immediately when one does come in.

#21,227 ·
That can hardly be accurate all the time? If I set mine to 2 o'clock it will be to high for audyssey to calibrate. I set mine to a few steps above 12 o'clock and audyssey will set the volume to -8.
which sub do you have? Im quite surprised you get such a negative sub trim at 12 o'clock if you have a pb2000

#21,228 · (Edited)
Yep visually the SVS subs are stunning IMO. For the price tag they should look as good as they perform and that is exactly what they do.
cchunter's SB13U in Black Oak and mine in Piano Black show how well they can look matched up with a similarly corresponding speaker finish.

Very nice photo image, cc

Loudspeaker Subwoofer Electronics Audio equipment Computer speaker

Loudspeaker Audio equipment Subwoofer Electronics Computer speaker

Reactions: eljr and cchunter
#21,229 ·
cchunter's SB13U in Black Oak and mine in Piano Black show how well they can look matched up with a similarly corresponding speaker finish.

Very nice photo image, cc

View attachment 696138
What speakers are these? They look amazing.

#21,231 ·
I just got some new's that i just might maybe so hopefully have my living room back were i live.I had someone living in there a family member .But long story short this is good new's.Because now i won't have to worry about were my home theater will be no long will it be in my 9x11 room.Soon it will be in my biggest room in my whole apartment.13x17x8 living room.So when this time does come with i pray it's around or before the summer time.Hopefully everything goes to plan.I will post pic's in the coming month's.So yes we will see.I am so ready to bring the Klipsch RF-7 II home theater in the right room it should be in the living room.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#21,232 ·
Need help.

I had a svs pc 12 nsd dsp, sorry to say, I sold it :(

That sub gave me years of happiness, as iin Interstellar where really shattered/ rattled my furniture, my curtains started to dance along with that lfe ;)

Now I am doing dual sub. Two pc 2000. Brand new as of this week.

They are in each corner at the same wall as my telly.

They dont have any bass at all :(

They are both set excactly as my old pc 12. Twelve o clock output, same phase, lfe. Same input sockét, same sub cables. No bass or lfe.

Dont know what to do. Have run ypao on my yamaha 2030 several times

pb2k here on Denon 4100 and it cranked to ~3:00. Anything less was inaudible. Before I had the Denon it was on a yamaha and I had similar issues as you.

sb2k on a Denon 4000 and also at 3:00 ish.

CRANK IT!

make sure crossovers are all at 80 in ypao

#21,239 ·
While everyone's posting pics, I added another..

Graph is with 2 subs, I had a similar response with the single sub but should have gained some headroom.
Purple - Audyssey OFF
Green - Audyssey ON Dynamic EQ OFF
Yellow - Audyssey ON Dynamic EQ ON

I still have a PB12+ tucked away behind the sofa as well, but I doubt I will ever use it as running a ported with two sealed could prove problematic.

Attachments

#21,240 ·
While everyone's posting pics, I added another..

Graph is with 2 subs, I had a similar response with the single sub but should have gained some headroom.
Purple - Audyssey OFF
Green - Audyssey ON Dynamic EQ OFF
Yellow - Audyssey ON Dynamic EQ ON

I still have a PB12+ tucked away behind the sofa as well, but I doubt I will ever use it as running a ported with two sealed could prove problematic.
There has been so many time's i feel like buying myself a sb ultra over a PB13 ULTRA.But the main reason's why i don't do it is because i for one just like more deep bass.And hard hitting power.