34Likes

post #811 of 9667 Old 03-31-2009, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedevilfan View Post

So...you bit off a little too much....I don't want to see you homeless! Out of the goodness of my heart, this is what I'm prepared to do, I'll take the SubMersive off your hands for....how does $1500 sound?

Haha, you're a kind soul sir. AVS is definitely never without those that care. I just wish I knew the exact time (week?) that my sub was going to be delivered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 9667 Old 03-31-2009, 07:38 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post

Haha, you're a kind soul sir. AVS is definitely never without those that care. I just wish I knew the exact time (week?) that my sub was going to be delivered.

The waiting period would definitely suck. Good Luck! Remember my offer.
post #813 of 9667 Old 03-31-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post

congrats, what equipment are you going to partner with your submersive?

Well, lets just say this will be the "best" component in my system:
LG BD300 (waiting for Oppo)
Pioneer Elite VSX03TXH
NH VT1.2's for L/R/C (Someday these will be Sparks)
SpeakerCraft AIM8TWO's for rears (in ceiling unfortunately)
Panasonic 50" (waiting for main cable watching TV to die so I can do Front Projection)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry7995 View Post

vishal - looking forward to your submersive critique, I find myself all over the field, get the ED A7-350 for $1200, no get the EDA7-450 for $1650 delivered, no get the big Conquest for $1650 plus shipping, or maybe I should get the beautiful PB13 for $1600 shipping included, no save up for the submersive with 2 15" at $2000 plus shipping, no wait and see the new 16" sealed SVS and on and on

Yeah, I did that very same thing as well. Agonized over it for a month or so. "BAH! Just get the SubMersive already!!" is the conclusion I came to.

Thousands of experiments have conclusively proven that beating drums and clashing cymbals brings back the sun after a total eclipse.
post #814 of 9667 Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Hsu View Post

vishal, I do think this sub will give you what you are looking for. To exceed the capabilities of the JL, you would need a second ULS-15 (ie. the DualDrive system). Too bad you aren't able to place optimally multiple subwoofers in your room. I've spent some time recently listening to multiple subs spaced apart in our demo room (both equidistant from listening position), and it's an awesome experience. Maybe you can convince your wife to re-arrange things in the future, and then you can get a second Sub-1

thanks for weighing in here pete...much appreciated...is it fair to inquire as to what is the qes of the driver employed in the uls-15?

Listen. It's All Good.
post #815 of 9667 Old 04-01-2009, 10:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifibitn View Post

Well, lets just say this will be the "best" component in my system:
LG BD300 (waiting for Oppo)
Pioneer Elite VSX03TXH
NH VT1.2's for L/R/C (Someday these will be Sparks)
SpeakerCraft AIM8TWO's for rears (in ceiling unfortunately)
Panasonic 50" (waiting for main cable watching TV to die so I can do Front Projection)

thanks hifi...what i was kind of hoping for is the equipment that you will be employing in the submersive upstream (i.e., eq and amp).

Listen. It's All Good.
post #816 of 9667 Old 04-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Advanced Member

So what exactly is the current wait time for a submersive?
post #817 of 9667 Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post

thanks hifi...what i was kind of hoping for is the equipment that you will be employing in the submersive upstream (i.e., eq and amp).

Anti-Mode 8033. I have an old Monster cable that came with the previous used sub I bought and another cable from Monoprice then from that into the balanced to unbalanced changer. As far as amp, I will be using the internal Amp. As far as Amp in the rest of my system, I am not sure what I am going to do yet. For now I will leave it on the receiver. I am strongly considering Mark's Sparks as a future upgrade to my L/R/C channels and as they are also internally amp'd any Amp upgrade I do for my NHT's now would be essentially throw away so I am going to get the SubMersive in house, see how things sound and decide from there.

Thousands of experiments have conclusively proven that beating drums and clashing cymbals brings back the sun after a total eclipse.
post #818 of 9667 Old 04-02-2009, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousmatty View Post

So what exactly is the current wait time for a submersive?

I think Mark has some lead time info posted on his website.
Here is a link that has all the info
http://forums.seaton-sound-forum.com...t?id=3364736#1

It ain't easy being green.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #819 of 9667 Old 04-04-2009, 01:48 PM

Just read about something called a SubDude by Auralex. Anyone have one of these or can comment if it might help keeping the sub from resonating to my neighbors?
post #820 of 9667 Old 04-04-2009, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:

Just read about something called a SubDude by Auralex. Anyone have one of these or can comment if it might help keeping the sub from resonating to my neighbors?

I had one of those for my other sub. It worked somewhat. I think it tightened up the bass a bit. Mark said that the submersive is so inert that it really would not make a difference. So I don't use it now. I guess it would not hurt to try it. But I do think you will just have to watch your levels of playback. Or, you can have movie nights and have them come over also. That way no one will care if it is cranked..

It ain't easy being green.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #821 of 9667 Old 04-04-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Or, you can have movie nights and have them come over also. That way no one will care if it is cranked..

True, but I highly doubt that people in their late 60's will be wanting to watch the same movies I do at the same levels that I do. It definitely seems that I brought the age demographic down considerably when I moved into this neighborhood. It was a very good suggestion otherwise.

Ok, so not gonna get that subdude thing anymore for the sub. Would they work well with main speakers ya think?
post #822 of 9667 Old 04-04-2009, 08:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 191
hyper,

There's a thread on the subdude.

Might want to check there.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #823 of 9667 Old 04-05-2009, 01:17 AM

Hyper

I noticed you are replacing the Ref with a Submersive. I am currently running the SCRef with a SC 1 and a Sunfire signature and am seriously thinking of switching to the Sub 1, or the Ultra 13, maybe the Epik Phoenix. If I could replace all three and get a much better, deeper , tighter sound with one Sub1that would be excellent.

Out of curiousity what specifically on the Ref do you feel falls short of what you would like to hear?
post #824 of 9667 Old 04-05-2009, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

hyper,

There's a thread on the subdude.

Might want to check there.

Thanks, ended up finding it a bit after my post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcall209 View Post

Hyper

I noticed you are replacing the Ref with a Submersive. I am currently running the SCRef with a SC 1 and a Sunfire signature and am seriously thinking of switching to the Sub 1, or the Ultra 13, maybe the Epik Phoenix. If I could replace all three and get a much better, deeper , tighter sound with one Sub1that would be excellent.

Out of curiousity what specifically on the Ref do you feel falls short of what you would like to hear?

I find it to be a bit too muddy and slow. I would prefer more punchy and quick. It definitely gets deep, and makes the neighbors knock on my door, dont mistake that. You also have to understand that Im the type of person who is never completely satisfied. So the Ref might work perfectly for you and theres nothing wrong with it.
post #825 of 9667 Old 04-05-2009, 10:08 AM

Yes, muddy and slow does describe it , with a bit too much overhang. I am wondering if the Seaton, Epik or the Ultra will get rid of this effect though. It would be nice to have more gut punch slam, though like you said it is plenty loud & deep, just not quite tight, fast enough.

Or, is this built into the soundtracks and is what the director intended? Sometimes I think this may be the case and we try to solve a problem that is not there. I would love to watch WOTW on a Seaton or SVS Ultra system to compare.

If the Sub 1 solves this problem it would be worth the money.
I only live 2 hours outside Chicago so I could drive there,
pick one up and not deal with shipping. As a matter of fact , Epik is also located down there. Also, have you heard the SVS Ultra?

Really, I would like to know what to do.
post #826 of 9667 Old 04-05-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:

Yes, muddy and slow does describe it , with a bit too much overhang. I am wondering if the Seaton, Epik or the Ultra will get rid of this effect though. It would be nice to have more gut punch slam, though like you said it is plenty loud & deep, just not quite tight, fast enough.

Or, is this built into the soundtracks and is what the director intended? Sometimes I think this may be the case and we try to solve a problem that is not there. I would love to watch WOTW on a Seaton or SVS Ultra system to compare.

pick one up and not deal with shipping. As a matter of fact , Epik is also located down there. Also, have you heard the SVS Ultra?

Well, once I finally receive it Ill be able to make a clear comparison between it and the reference. I have plenty of memorized demo material(wotw included) to see if what Im looking for in a new sub is there. Ill be dead honest if its not any better. But Ill be dead honest if its a marked improvement as well.
post #827 of 9667 Old 04-05-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:

If you are 2 hours outside of Chicago, then you should check out the April 18th Chicago meet. Mark Seaton will be there along with his SubMersive, and also his Catalysts (and maybe even his Sparks). Should be something worth seeing. I am sure others will chime in as well.... Wish I could go (come on Southwest Airlines... drop them fares!!)

post #828 of 9667 Old 04-08-2009, 08:43 PM

Just want to keep the thread alive. I hate waiting when I dont have a specific time frame. I just come home every day from work anticipating either a big package on my doorstep or a hang tag saying "signature required".
post #829 of 9667 Old 04-09-2009, 05:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I watched Slumdog Millionaire last night. I have to say that the dynamics of this sub are stunning. Most of the movie, it seemed as if the sub wasn't even on. Then when the famous actor's helicopter lands, the bass swells up out of nowhere. One second no bass, the next, my pants were flapping. For my old sub to even approach this, the bass would have been exaggerated and bloated the whole time.
post #830 of 9667 Old 04-09-2009, 09:21 AM
otk
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
lot of submersives hitting the garden state

All this noise about noise.
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

post #831 of 9667 Old 04-09-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otk View Post

lot of submersives hitting the garden state

I emailed Mark last Sunday to get an ETA on my sub. No response yet
post #832 of 9667 Old 04-09-2009, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Don't worry, Mark is not known for his responsiveness to emails He has been keeping pretty well to his estimated shipping times as far as I know, though. It may seem like a long wait, but it is definitely worth it.
post #833 of 9667 Old 04-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Advanced Member

Soon to be another NJ Submersive owner. I ordered mine on March 18th. I'm guessing it will be shipping any day now. Estimate from Mark was April 3-10.
post #834 of 9667 Old 04-10-2009, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Just a quick message that I received my Submersive, installed it in my theater, and am very happy. It is an exceptional sub and a bargain at it's price.
post #835 of 9667 Old 04-10-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randybes View Post

Just a quick message that I received my Submersive, installed it in my theater, and am very happy. It is an exceptional sub and a bargain at it's price.

Just wondering how it was delivered; UPS or FedEx? I just want to know which truck to be on the lookout for.
post #836 of 9667 Old 04-10-2009, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just wondering how it was delivered; UPS or FedEx? I just want to know which truck to be on the lookout for.

Mine was delivered FedEx. My wife signed for it and said I should be ashamed of myself because the skinny Fedex guy had to bring up to the porch.
post #837 of 9667 Old 04-10-2009, 09:12 AM

Anxiously awaiting mine here in Northern California.

Randy - I haven't been following the Geddes sub thread, but have you decided to stick with a single, very capable sub in the SubMersive or will you augment the mid/upper bass with something else?
post #838 of 9667 Old 04-10-2009, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal View Post

Anxiously awaiting mine here in Northern California.

Randy - I haven't been following the Geddes sub thread, but have you decided to stick with a single, very capable sub in the SubMersive or will you augment the mid/upper bass with something else?

No, I am going to augment. I still feel that the room is hard to tame (at more than one seat location) with just one sub.
post #839 of 9667 Old 04-10-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randybes View Post

No, I am going to augment. I still feel that the room is hard to tame (at more than one seat location) with just one sub.

Please share your final configuration once you have it all figured out.
post #840 of 9667 Old 04-10-2009, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal View Post

Please share your final configuration once you have it all figured out.

Will do.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Seaton Sound , Velodyne Dd 15 Digital Drive Subwoofer 15 Inch Gloss Black , Velodyne , Speaker Systems , New Pac Sni 1 Ground Loop Signal Isolator

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page