Seaton Sound SubMersive1 - Page 333 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 116Likes
post #9961 of 9965 Unread Yesterday, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Have you seen a 90 degree Powercon? I was looking at Neutrik's site just yesterday and noticed they're all straight.
Are you talking about these? Markertek has 90 degree xlr's as well.

http://www.markertek.com/product/nl4...-angle-speakon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9962 of 9965 Unread Yesterday, 02:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1304 Post(s)
Liked: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb67 View Post
Are you talking about these? Markertek has 90 degree xlr's as well.

http://www.markertek.com/product/nl4...-angle-speakon
No, that's a Speakon. We're talking about a PowerCon, the Speakon's cousin.
sandbagger likes this.
post #9963 of 9965 Unread Yesterday, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Halfway there, I need both speakon and powercon since only one will do nothing for me unless of course I want my sub angled for some reason.
post #9964 of 9965 Unread Today, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I currently use the submersive HP+ master & slave combo for my room. Im curious...do any of you use different crossover settings for 2ch music compared to multich movies/music/content? I ask because I have had my Veritas v2.8s crossed over at 80hz for everything but just recently started listening to 2ch music with the crossover at 40hz. In my case, it seems to give a bit more of a cohesive sound. One reason for that in my case may be due to the fact that my 2 subs are not up front with my front stage but rather more/less to the left and right of my mlp. When I listen to 2ch content with the higher crossover (eg. 80hz) it seems like the lower freqs "come out more" in a sense that they sound to be placed more in the middle of the room than back where the speakers are, which is why I say "more cohesive" with the lower crossover. Now for multich movies/music/content I still prefer 60hz/80hz crossover since the entire soundfield is more centered to the room and thus it sounds more "cohesive" with the higher crossover setting.

Any comments/input?
post #9965 of 9965 Unread Today, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post
Halfway there, I need both speakon and powercon since only one will do nothing for me unless of course I want my sub angled for some reason.
As others have mentioned, the PowerCON connectors do not come in right angle versions. Standard use requires about 2.5" of clearance. It is possible to unscrew the lower boot of the connector and pull out the white or black plastic compression piece which grabs the cable to get another 1/2" or so with a tighter bend of the cable. It should be obvious any such tinkering should only be attempted with both ends of the cable unplugged from the wall and amplifier.

This is one of the reasons we started offering external power for SubMersives along with the F2 package and option of locating the amplifier connections on the side.. The external power does add some to the cost for the rack case and related assembly of parts vs the plate amp. If powering 4 SubMersives the premium comes down to about $300 + the SpeakON cables.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Seaton Sound , Velodyne Dd 15 Digital Drive Subwoofer 15 Inch Gloss Black , Velodyne , Speaker Systems , New Pac Sni 1 Ground Loop Signal Isolator

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page