Seaton Sound SubMersive1 - Page 335 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 186Likes
post #10021 of 10022 Old Today, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC3 View Post
Hey I'll hit you on PM to keep the thread on track.
Oh yea threads on track... :roll eyes: had a few drinks on Vaca in Kona and cruised by AVS

I love my Submersives! And so does my house sitter! Don't worry fellow HT nuts, he is very good with gear

PSN ID: Jlpowell84
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
My Setup Thread
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...4-s-setup.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10022 of 10022 Unread Today, 07:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
The 88A goes last in the signal chain unless you have a amp then it goes after AVR before amp. I only use my Denon 4520 as my JTR's and two DIY Sound Group surrounds are 96-98db sensitive.

If you use Audyssey you want to run it last. If you have EQ capabilities from any device you want to run a sweep and use your filters to pull down peaks. Then you run Audyssey last. If you have any kind of low shelf filter giving you your preferred house curve you want to disable it or bypass it because Audyssey will attempt to pull it down.

It's not double processing. It's using multiple devices as a team. Audyssey does its thing and you cannot adjust anything. If you can present Audyssey with a smoother frequency response then the final result will be better. I have graphs at home to prove it. So I take my raw response AFTER ALL NATURAL EQ WITH ROOM PLACEMENT AND ROOM TREATMENTS. Electronic EQ is SUPPOSED to be the final thing, the icing on the cake. For us with extreme systems we have invested so much we should never only run Audyssey (or other electronic eq), that would be blasphemy.

It sounds like you really need more EQ/DSP capabilities than just Audyssey. You have spent a lot so whats another 1k? It's like building a bad a$$ turbo motor and not running a fine tune on the dyno. Anyone who knows anything about turbo motors knows it's all about the final tune. It's staggering the performance gains you can get by a fine tune. So is the same theology with our HT systems. You can EQ each channel independently with the 88A! So each of those 215 RM's can each individually have the mid bass boosted. The frequency response can be manipulated for each speaker and sub you have.

Okay so reflection points. There is a very simple old school way of identifying each. Take a small lightweight mirror and put a little tape enough to hold it on the wall or ceiling. As you are sitting in your listening position and look at that mirror on the ceiling and you can see the Horn of you 215RM center channel then that is the 1st point reflection! It works very easy with two people because you can sit and have them move it until you see the Horn entry. It's that simple! I wish I was close to hear this 215's! I would so love to help tune your system. But we can easily do so using AVS. I didn't know anything before I came to AVS. I had no idea what a crossover was, etc. I'm not anywhere near the veterans on AVS but I can setup and tune any system.

If you turn off Dynamic EQ and try to EQ manually? what do you mean exactly? Do you have other gear with EQ capabilities? You won't lose distances/time alignment by turning off Dynamic EQ.
I'm just curious...if the 88a is last in the chain (after the avr w/. Audyssey) then wouldn't audyssey be what is sending a flatter response to the 88a and not the other way around?

I just invested more into gik room treatments that should be in shortly, and I was considering doing an audyssey pro cal, but the 88a or other mini DSp option now has me interested. So far, the two Seaton subs are workin out well, but I want to maximize the best room response as possible.

Update - oops. nevermind! The input for audyssey is the test tones from the calibration, so it makes sense to me now on how the 88a would fit in. Now it's just a matter of whether i need it or should use it vs just relying on my room treatments and audyssey pro cal.

Last edited by zdoggz; Today at 07:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Seaton Sound , Velodyne Dd 15 Digital Drive Subwoofer 15 Inch Gloss Black , Velodyne , Speaker Systems , New Pac Sni 1 Ground Loop Signal Isolator

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page