Seaton Sound SubMersive1 - Page 350 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 634Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #10471 of 10485 Old 04-22-2017, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gary J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 4000' or sea level
Posts: 8,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Hey Mark, you have another career option if this subwoofer thing doesn't work out.
Mark Seaton likes this.
Gary J is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10472 of 10485 Old Yesterday, 12:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 6,683
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Liked: 756
I used to own two Maple Submersive HP's for almost two years, miss them. But in all fairness my current subs have never had a quality calibration and symmetrical room like the SubM's did. Anyway the black Maple, at least to me, felt like a satin black finish. Very nice, smooth and well built.

The Axpona room looks amazing!
Mark Seaton likes this.
jlpowell84 is online now  
post #10473 of 10485 Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 5,599
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1005 Post(s)
Liked: 912
Wow Mark. Those espresso cherry ones are really beautiful.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

That's not science! - Cyborg

Steam ID: The Barbeerian


Rivers Edge Theater
brian6751 is online now  
 
post #10474 of 10485 Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mark Seaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 6,591
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 1488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
Hey Mark, you have another career option if this subwoofer thing doesn't work out.
Ahh... the wonders of skilled video editors. Many thanks for the11th-hour.com guys for their show coverage and skilled editing to make me sound coherent while running on 3-4 hours of sleep for the 5 days going into the show. My fitbit said it took about 50k steps to pull everything together between Thursday and Friday.
WantMore likes this.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
Mark Seaton is online now  
post #10475 of 10485 Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eng-399's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 3,650
Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 2230
Seaton Sound SubMersive1

Marks room at Axpona.
I only took a few because it was dark in there during the demos he was playing for everyone. What a hell of an experience the room Mark had was huge with high ceilings and he had no problems filling the space with bass or sound. I can go on and on about it but in short it was very impressive. Room size was enough to have 300-400 or more people at a wedding to put it in reference.
Mark Seaton, llang269 and DRC3 like this.

Last edited by eng-399; Yesterday at 04:08 PM.
eng-399 is online now  
post #10476 of 10485 Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM
Member
 
DRC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Room was fantastic. Loved the F18's in stacks of 4...looked menacing sounded great.
llang269 and eng-399 like this.
DRC3 is offline  
post #10477 of 10485 Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Ediddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 258
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 71
It was good seeing you today Mark. Loved all the new offerings and your set up was top notch.'
Mark Seaton and llang269 like this.

(2) GoldenEar Triton 1s, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000, Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), Sony VPL 55es, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Darby Darblet, Oppo 103, Integra 80.3, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 5, Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite.
Ediddy is offline  
post #10478 of 10485 Old Today, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
McLuvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
So what is the scoop on the Ember 630 In-Wall/In-Ceiling? Price, performance, dimensions, availability, etc... and where there any other new additions?

Thanks for the pics!
McLuvin is online now  
post #10479 of 10485 Old Today, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eng-399's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 3,650
Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 2230
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuvin View Post
So what is the scoop on the Ember 630 In-Wall/In-Ceiling? Price, performance, dimensions, availability, etc... and where there any other new additions?

Thanks for the pics!


I should of zoomed in on the specs he had at the show sorry about that. As for auditions I'm guessing at Marks warehouse I really don't know. I'm sure once Mark gets everything put away from the show he will chime in and give more details about those. They looked really nice and the enclosure was solid. It was well thought out on his end to add these to his line of speakers and subs.
eng-399 is online now  
post #10480 of 10485 Old Today, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mark Seaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 6,591
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 1488
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuvin View Post
So what is the scoop on the Ember 630 In-Wall/In-Ceiling? Price, performance, dimensions, availability, etc... and where there any other new additions?

Thanks for the pics!
the Ember 400/630 indicates depth of the sub and driver angle from the wall. 400 = 4" deep from mounting surface (fits in standard 2x4 stud cavity), 0 deg from wall (straight forward). 630 reaches 6" deep from mounting surface, and 30 degree angle from the surface. The front panel of each is 15.5" square with a magnetic grill. Installed with the grill in place they look the same. These use a 6.5" coaxial in a ported box with extension to 70Hz, 92dB sensitivity, and a receiver/amplifier/wiring friendly 6 Ohm nominal load. There are 4 holes on the face which accommodate 1/4-20 screws and toggle bolts for direct drywall mounting, or lag/wood screws if the 14.25" x 11" cut out is next to a stud or joist. The Ember 400 & 630 will be $795 and $895 each with intro prices of $695 and $795 respectively. Front face and grills will be available in black or white.
Marc Alexander likes this.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
Mark Seaton is online now  
post #10481 of 10485 Old Today, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eng-399's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 3,650
Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 2230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
the Ember 400/630 indicates depth of the sub and driver angle from the wall. 400 = 4" deep from mounting surface (fits in standard 2x4 stud cavity), 0 deg from wall (straight forward). 630 reaches 6" deep from mounting surface, and 30 degree angle from the surface. The front panel of each is 15.5" square with a magnetic grill. Installed with the grill in place they look the same. These use a 6.5" coaxial in a ported box with extension to 70Hz, 92dB sensitivity, and a receiver/amplifier/wiring friendly 6 Ohm nominal load. There are 4 holes on the face which accommodate 1/4-20 screws and toggle bolts for direct drywall mounting, or lag/wood screws if the 14.25" x 11" cut out is next to a stud or joist. The Ember 400 & 630 will be $795 and $895 each with intro prices of $695 and $795 respectively. Front face and grills will be available in black or white.


Mark I still can't believe you filled that huge room with sound and bass. The room you were in at the show was huge and think was the biggest there which says a lot about the speakers and subs you show cased. Was the room hard to eq due to size and ceiling height?
eng-399 is online now  
post #10482 of 10485 Old Today, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
McLuvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
the Ember 400/630 indicates depth of the sub and driver angle from the wall. 400 = 4" deep from mounting surface (fits in standard 2x4 stud cavity), 0 deg from wall (straight forward). 630 reaches 6" deep from mounting surface, and 30 degree angle from the surface. The front panel of each is 15.5" square with a magnetic grill. Installed with the grill in place they look the same. These use a 6.5" coaxial in a ported box with extension to 70Hz, 92dB sensitivity, and a receiver/amplifier/wiring friendly 6 Ohm nominal load. There are 4 holes on the face which accommodate 1/4-20 screws and toggle bolts for direct drywall mounting, or lag/wood screws if the 14.25" x 11" cut out is next to a stud or joist. The Ember 400 & 630 will be $795 and $895 each with intro prices of $695 and $795 respectively. Front face and grills will be available in black or white.

Thanks for the info Mark! I really like how you made the front bezel the same as the CAT's. I am interested in these from a ceiling mount for Atmos. I looks like that could be part of your intention with these even though I know you have the new Sparks for that as well.
McLuvin is online now  
post #10483 of 10485 Old Today, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mark Seaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 6,591
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 1488
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuvin View Post
Thanks for the info Mark! I really like how you made the front bezel the same as the CAT's. I am interested in these from a ceiling mount for Atmos. I looks like that could be part of your intention with these even though I know you have the new Sparks for that as well.
The Ember 630 is absolutely intended to work very well for Atmos. If the angle is desired and the space permits, they can also be used for ear level surrounds. They are similarly well behaved like the new 8" coaxial we use in the Spark and now have upgraded to in the Catalyst 12C & 8C models and have been optimized to match very well.

Ideal locations for Atmos height channels leave the listener sitting 35-60 degrees off axis from a ceiling mounted, down firing speaker due to the 55-30 degree elevation requirement. The 630's design puts you 30 degrees closer to the direct axis and well within the optimized listening window. The Ember 400 can be used just as any other in-wall would be used, and having a full enclosure it is not dependent on the cavity it is mounted to. I can certainly see a killer setup for reasonable investment with a set of 3 new Sparks and 4-8 Ember's with a few F18s or SubMersives.
llang269 likes this.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
Mark Seaton is online now  
post #10484 of 10485 Old Today, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mark Seaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 6,591
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 1488
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
Mark I still can't believe you filled that huge room with sound and bass. The room you were in at the show was huge and think was the biggest there which says a lot about the speakers and subs you show cased. Was the room hard to eq due to size and ceiling height?
Thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. The curtains were very purposely set a few feet from the side walls and front wall to help with the mid-high frequency reflections in the room.

There was no EQ used. The old school audiophiles at such shows are always a little suspect of too much EQ, so I left all of the speakers without EQ and just matched levels and distances adjusted. With more time for setup and front-back sub placement I definitely could have gotten an even better result, but it was great to let people hear how the new coaxial and our speakers sound right out of the box without nearby walls.
eng-399 likes this.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
Mark Seaton is online now  
post #10485 of 10485 Old Today, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
McLuvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
The Ember 630 is absolutely intended to work very well for Atmos. If the angle is desired and the space permits, they can also be used for ear level surrounds. They are similarly well behaved like the new 8" coaxial we use in the Spark and now have upgraded to in the Catalyst 12C & 8C models and have been optimized to match very well.

Ideal locations for Atmos height channels leave the listener sitting 35-60 degrees off axis from a ceiling mounted, down firing speaker due to the 55-30 degree elevation requirement. The 630's design puts you 30 degrees closer to the direct axis and well within the optimized listening window. The Ember 400 can be used just as any other in-wall would be used, and having a full enclosure it is not dependent on the cavity it is mounted to. I can certainly see a killer setup for reasonable investment with a set of 3 new Sparks and 4-8 Ember's with a few F18s or SubMersives.
That's what I was hoping you would say It's the angle that I have been fretting over and I was thinking you addressed that by the angle of the drivers. I like the 92db sensitivity as well.
McLuvin is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Seaton Sound , Velodyne Dd 15 Digital Drive Subwoofer 15 Inch Gloss Black , Velodyne , Speaker Systems , New Pac Sni 1 Ground Loop Signal Isolator



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off