Seaton Sound SubMersive1 - Page 352 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 666Likes

Old Today, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 87
http://seatonsound.net/

I just saw this now, has this been up for a while? The site looks really good. Just get the products on there like other sites that people click to buy and pay with a credit card/paypal and you really won't be able to keep up with the sales demand .

HTPC, Sony 40es, Marantz 7702mkii, Sunfire Cinema Grand 225w x 5, JBL 590, JBL 520

PSA XS30, Seaton Submersive, 2 Um-18 8cf sealed, Outlaw Ultra x 12, Kappa Pro 18LF, BFM Tuba 60 horn, B&C 18TBW100 6cf 41hz, 34hz, 28hz tune

iNuke 3000 & 6000 DSP's, Crowson Motion Actuator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 44
It has been up for years, it just takes an inordinate amount of time for changes to be made. (Click on "News")

--Carl
Old Today, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked: 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscool View Post
Is there was a new 18" sub coming out? Or is this just a custom one off?

Some Recent Upgrades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
Same performance as F18s, dimensions to fit where F18s won't, mostly intended to be powered from the rack. These will be part of a series targeted at acoustic designers and installers called our Designer Series. You might have missed it's sibling discussed in this thread. I grabbed some photos of both models as we buttoned up the pair that went into Art's room which I'll post up later.
Hi bscool,

Quickly following up, the subs you were asking about are these new models from the Designer Series as I described above. The DS18-12 is 30" x 26" x 12.5" deep, while the DS18-20 is 20" x 20" x 23.5" deep. The DS18-20 can also be loaded as a powered + unit, but most often we expect they will be powered externally. For most of our customers here I would recommend sticking with the F18 design unless these dimensions are very beneficial. While we will offer these direct, they were conceived with system designers, installers, and integrators in mind. We run these in much smaller batches and largely per order. They will be a bit higher cost and priced with shipping included and magnetic grills optional. Art Sonneborn received the first of the DS18-20 units as seen in the link above, while the first pair of DS18-12 units are headed to the "LOGE" theater for AVS member Lasalle which is currently in construction. The whole point here is for these units to allow this level of performance to fit in places most substantial subs might not. This is a product line that will expand significantly over the coming year, including some options intended to only be used with or in unique ways with the latest high performance surround processors such as Trinnov's Altitude models and DataSat's RS20i.

While I know it's popular and fun to lust and banter over the biggest, baddest, and most obscenely sized boxes available, the right location with a very good sub almost always sounds and performs better than a big brute in the wrong place. Fitting in the right locations to help awesome projects like Art Sonneborn's room sound even better is exactly why I've worked up products like these.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham

Last edited by Mark Seaton; Today at 03:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Seaton Sound , Velodyne Dd 15 Digital Drive Subwoofer 15 Inch Gloss Black , Velodyne , Speaker Systems , New Pac Sni 1 Ground Loop Signal Isolator