Seaton Sound SubMersive1 - Page 354 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 724Likes

post #10591 of 10603 Old 07-17-2017, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2473 Post(s)
Liked: 2342
I have spoken to Mark Seaton, Jeff Permanian, and Nathan Funk several times over the past month or so. While their reachability is nothing like SVS or PSA the increased performance is worth a bit of patience on the customers part.

My last two F18+ passive subs (black oak) are being delivered tomorrow! I have been patiently waiting. My Lyngdorf MP-50 won't arrive for another 4 weeks so I am 4-5 weeks away from 100% completion! I will be able to enjoy the 4 F18s with the Marantz AV7702mkII until someone buys it.

Last edited by Marc Alexander; 07-18-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10592 of 10603 Old 07-18-2017, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Hi ppl!,

So in the next few weeks....Ill be upgrading my old 1000w Submersive amps to the new 6000w amps with the HT controls.

I have 4 x Submersives atm *one has blown an amp around 3-4 weeks ago now* contacted Mark and he said I can upgrade to the new amps and trade in my old amps ....Im just waiting to get some cash together and will contact him as soon as that is done.

What can i expect from this upgrade...........anyone want to post some thoughts if they found it a worthy upgrade. Did you find the bass went lower?...was it more controlled? was there more impact/slam?

I do listen at reference and ran the PGM2 button after audyssey with the avr sub trim being turned up 4-6db hot lol. I did get some clipping on heavy scenes like the Hulk/Abomination punch scene.

Let me know your experiences....I have read as much as i can from some ppl on google....but thought I might get more experience stories here! lol.

Cheers,
Kevin
post #10593 of 10603 Old 07-18-2017, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamus View Post
Hi ppl!,

So in the next few weeks....Ill be upgrading my old 1000w Submersive amps to the new 6000w amps with the HT controls.

I have 4 x Submersives atm *one has blown an amp around 3-4 weeks ago now* contacted Mark and he said I can upgrade to the new amps and trade in my old amps ....Im just waiting to get some cash together and will contact him as soon as that is done.

What can i expect from this upgrade...........anyone want to post some thoughts if they found it a worthy upgrade. Did you find the bass went lower?...was it more controlled? was there more impact/slam?

I do listen at reference and ran the PGM2 button after audyssey with the avr sub trim being turned up 4-6db hot lol. I did get some clipping on heavy scenes like the Hulk/Abomination punch scene.

Let me know your experiences....I have read as much as i can from some ppl on google....but thought I might get more experience stories here! lol.

Cheers,
Kevin
I have the 1000watt version also and I thought Mark said going with the bigger amp would give me about 3dB more output and SQ would be the same.

Unless I misunderstood him, but I think that sounds about right because the Lab 15 is rated for 600watts approx so adding more power doesn't leave much room for increased output when you are already close to their max output. I am interested to see what Mark says.
buddhamus likes this.

HTPC, Sony 40es, 120" Silver Ticket, 7702mkii, Sunfire Amp 225w, JBL 590, JBL 520

PSA XS30, Seaton Submersive, 2 Um-18 8cf sealed, Outlaw Ultra x 12, Kappa Pro 18LF, BFM Tuba 60 horn, B&C 18TBW100 6cf 41hz, 34hz, 28hz tune

iNuke 3000 & 6000 DSP's, Crowson Motion Actuator

post #10594 of 10603 Old 07-18-2017, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
I have spoken to Mark Seaton? Jeff Permanian, and Nathan Funk several times over the past month or so. While their reachability is nothing like SVS or PSA the increased performance is worth a bit of patience on the customers part.

My last two F18+ passive subs (black oak) are being delivered tomorrow! I have been patiently waiting. My Lyngdorf MP-50 won't arrive for another 4 weeks so I am 4-5 weeks away from 100% completion! I will be able to enjoy the 4 F18s with the Marantz AV7702mkII until someone buys it.

Are there any measurements for the Submersive HP anywhere I can see?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #10595 of 10603 Old 07-18-2017, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Are there any measurements for the Submersive HP anywhere I can see?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There was a review 8/31/2015 in Home Theater Hifi...

hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/speaker/.../seaton-sound-submersive-hpi-subwoofer/
post #10596 of 10603 Old 07-18-2017, 06:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
In addition to the extra headroom the new map uses a different DSP which has some newer tools. The base programming is the same. But, if I remember Mark S correctly, the new amp will be better behaved at/near the limits (the clipping you referred to?).

The other big gain is the LF ADJUST knob. You are able to be much more granular in dialing in ULF vs the PGM button.

I predict you will be quite happy!
buddhamus likes this.
post #10597 of 10603 Old 07-18-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscool View Post
I have the 1000watt version also and I thought Mark said going with the bigger amp would give me about 3dB more output and SQ would be the same.

Unless I misunderstood him, but I think that sounds about right because the Lab 15 is rated for 600watts approx so adding more power doesn't leave much room for increased output when you are already close to their max output. I am interested to see what Mark says.
OK, so that should yield me an extra 12db over what I have now...which is good since I had some clipping on some demanding scenes at reference with the subs running around 6-9db hot. Thanks mate!

Quote:
In addition to the extra headroom the new map uses a different DSP which has some newer tools. The base programming is the same. But, if I remember Mark S correctly, the new amp will be better behaved at/near the limits (the clipping you referred to?).

The other big gain is the LF ADJUST knob. You are able to be much more granular in dialing in ULF vs the PGM button.

I predict you will be quite happy!
Thats exactly what I wanted to hear regarding the clipping. Also the LF Adjust knob would be very handy to adjust the ULF.

Cheers!!
Marc Alexander likes this.
post #10598 of 10603 Old 07-18-2017, 10:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
OK, so that should yield me an extra 12db over what I have now...which is good since I had some clipping on some demanding scenes at reference with the subs running around 6-9db hot. Thanks mate!

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear regarding the clipping. Also the LF Adjust knob would be very handy to adjust the ULF.

Cheers!!

As far as I know, it will be a 3db increase total. Since you were running 4 Submersives at 1000watts=4000watts and you are going to 6000watts now that is an increase of 2000wats. To get 6-9dB you would have to increase power 2-2.5 times and that is if the drivers could handle it.

I see your post says amps, so you are getting more than 1 6000watt amp? I took you were just replacing 1 with the 600watt amp and using it as a master and the rest slaves. I still don't think you would get much more even putting all 6000watts amps in as the drivers have to be close to their Xmax or thermal limits.

@Mark Seaton will correct me if I have it incorrect.

HTPC, Sony 40es, 120" Silver Ticket, 7702mkii, Sunfire Amp 225w, JBL 590, JBL 520

PSA XS30, Seaton Submersive, 2 Um-18 8cf sealed, Outlaw Ultra x 12, Kappa Pro 18LF, BFM Tuba 60 horn, B&C 18TBW100 6cf 41hz, 34hz, 28hz tune

iNuke 3000 & 6000 DSP's, Crowson Motion Actuator
post #10599 of 10603 Old 07-19-2017, 12:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscool View Post
As far as I know, it will be a 3db increase total. Since you were running 4 Submersives at 1000watts=4000watts and you are going to 6000watts now that is an increase of 2000wats. To get 6-9dB you would have to increase power 2-2.5 times and that is if the drivers could handle it.

I see your post says amps, so you are getting more than 1 6000watt amp? I took you were just replacing 1 with the 600watt amp and using it as a master and the rest slaves. I still don't think you would get much more even putting all 6000watts amps in as the drivers have to be close to their Xmax or thermal limits.

@Mark Seaton will correct me if I have it incorrect.
A Submersive master can only power a single slave (unlike the F18 which can handle up to 3). So the upgrade is likely to two amps and two passive plates.

You are correct though, having 4 Submersives already gives you the 12dB of gain. The amp upgrade gives an additional +4dB (per sub, and total) which should still be noticeable as they were running out of steam previously.
buddhamus and bscool like this.
post #10600 of 10603 Old 07-24-2017, 08:53 AM

Hi Mark, could you please answer the emails I have sent you the pas few weeks and also tried to leave you a voicemail today.... But your voicemail was full. I would like to get the ball rolling to send you my amps first as it will be cheaper for me upfront to do that... As our Australian dollar is absolutely **** atm.

Has anyone heard from Mark lately?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
post #10601 of 10603 Old 07-24-2017, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Hi Mark, could you please answer the emails I have sent you the pas few weeks and also tried to leave you a voicemail today.... But your voicemail was full. I would like to get the ball rolling to send you my amps first as it will be cheaper for me upfront to do that... As our Australian dollar is absolutely **** atm.

I talked to him last week

post #10602 of 10603 Old 07-24-2017, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Mark was on-site for an installation last week which stretched longer than expected AFAIK. I believe he returned at the tail-end of last week.

Scott Hanson was covering for Mark and I had no problem getting in touch via 773-290-8436, sales@seatonsound.net

The differences in time-zones could be causing some of the difficulty. I've never tried leaving a voicemail as the phone is usually answered when I call.
post #10603 of 10603 Old 07-24-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Mark was on-site for an installation last week which stretched longer than expected AFAIK. I believe he returned at the tail-end of last week.

Scott Hanson was covering for Mark and I had no problem getting in touch via 773-290-8436, sales@seatonsound.net

The differences in time-zones could be causing some of the difficulty. I've never tried leaving a voicemail as the phone is usually answered when I call.
Thanks Marc, I normally ring around 1-2am here... Which Is around 10am around there. What time did u call? Or what time would be a good time to call.... I sent emails to that same email address but never no reply..... Kind of frustrating.. As I hate it that the sub is not working. Hopefully Mark or Scott can reply to my questions about sending packaging to me so I can send my amps back first and get the new amps sent after.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Seaton Sound , Velodyne Dd 15 Digital Drive Subwoofer 15 Inch Gloss Black , Velodyne , Speaker Systems , New Pac Sni 1 Ground Loop Signal Isolator

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page