44Likes

post #1261 of 9703 Old 05-26-2009, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi Mark,

Any updates regarding the shipping date for my SubMersive? We are at the end of the stated delivery week. I know you said that we might extend the shipping date to the first week of June but I hope that won't be the case.

However, I don't want to rush you. I rather wait a little longer to ensure I receive a well-tested SubMersive (the cost of shipping the SubMersive back to you for warranty work would kill me).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 9703 Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Same date as mine, Kain. Any day now, great. I want boom,boom.
post #1263 of 9703 Old 05-27-2009, 10:31 AM

My neighbors have like 5 kids who play outside all day. I am going to have fun. I will have noise power in my hands.
Ha HA Ha HA
Yes I am talking about noise war here people!!!
I will be lobbing subwoofer grenades over the fenceline!!!
Ha HA HA HA
post #1264 of 9703 Old 05-27-2009, 12:49 PM

Well actually I just want those low frequency's for my Blues music. See I am down because I had to have back surgery and bought a wussy home theatre/music system instead of my Harley Davidson. So I drown my sorrows in tequila and blues
post #1265 of 9703 Old 05-27-2009, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddey View Post

Well actually I just want those low frequency's for my Blues music. See I am down because I had to have back surgery and bought a wussy home theatre/music system instead of my Harley Davidson. So I drown my sorrows in the blues

In that case, you will want a heavy dose of John Mayall, SRV, Jimmy d Lane, Buddy Guy, Guitar Shorty, James and Lucky Peterson, Kenny Wayne Shepard,
Old Fleetwood Mac Albert King etc...
That should get you going.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
post #1266 of 9703 Old 05-27-2009, 01:15 PM

Resended
post #1267 of 9703 Old 05-27-2009, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
If y'all like heavy bass with your blues, there's a recent 2008 Taj Mahal CD called "Maestro". Heavy bass throughout. In particular there's a song called "Strong Man Holler". Give that a spin if you can.
post #1268 of 9703 Old 05-27-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike View Post

If y'all like heavy bass with your blues, there's a recent 2008 Taj Mahal CD called "Maestro". Heavy bass throughout. In particular there's a song called "Strong Man Holler". Give that a spin if you can.

Does the CD come packaged with a jug of moonshine?
post #1269 of 9703 Old 05-27-2009, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

The moonshine is extra.
post #1270 of 9703 Old 05-27-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:

The moonshine is extra.

Well forget it then. CD's are a dead media and with this economy they need to offer a better value proposition to the consumer than just the disc of music. What goes better with economic downturns than Blues and Booze? Well not including loose women and guns which are both hard to include in a bundle deal.
post #1271 of 9703 Old 05-27-2009, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

I do know of a John Lee Hooker CD that includes one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.
post #1272 of 9703 Old 05-28-2009, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:

I do know of a John Lee Hooker CD that includes one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.

But that can be a lot for someone if they drink alone like Lonesome George.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
post #1273 of 9703 Old 05-28-2009, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

It's just another one of his b-b-b-b-bad habits.
post #1274 of 9703 Old 05-29-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:

Thanks for this heads up Mike, it is always nice to be aware of relevant recorded material that have good acoustic signatures.

The attached image from track 11 - "Strong Man Holler" as in the reference, was captured from my present listening position 7ft away with Spectrum Lab uncalibrated and shows the presence of very strong LFs down to 23Hz at. The blip at the lower half is real and occurs at about 4 mins into the track.

My dual SVS PB-12 Ultra/2s are almost equidistant from my listening position - each about 6ft on either side. As can be seen, I have a suckout region centered around 93Hz, probably due to me having done - at least currently - a poor job of integrating my subs with my SBS-01s, but I'll work on that when I have the time.

In the mean time, my SubMersives have shipped (many thanks to you Mark! ) My Catalysts ought to have shipped too, but hopefully they too soon will; and all will soon be on their long transit to me in Lagos.
LL

My audio listening nirvana is best served rich ... with bass very well done.
post #1275 of 9703 Old 05-29-2009, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Thank much for the graph. That is one hell of as bass line. It's one of the most powerful I've heard that's not electronica.
post #1276 of 9703 Old 05-29-2009, 10:34 AM

Mike,
When everything is done with the music system I will get that album and give it a spin.
post #1277 of 9703 Old 05-29-2009, 11:08 AM

Wow, if that is not electronic, it could be a bass tuned down a step to D, or maybe the mix is slowed a step.

Jug of corn or no, I just might have to check this album out!
post #1278 of 9703 Old 05-29-2009, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

There may very well be some electronic enhancement of the bass in that song, but the the music is definitely not in the category of electronica music.
post #1279 of 9703 Old 05-31-2009, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
anyone compared this unit with a Danley TH50? Given the fact that they're both killer monsters, what would be the pros/cons of one over the other?
post #1280 of 9703 Old 05-31-2009, 07:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
Looks like the Danley is two times more expensive as the Seaton

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #1281 of 9703 Old 05-31-2009, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfromcanada View Post

anyone compared this unit with a Danley TH50? Given the fact that they're both killer monsters, what would be the pros/cons of one over the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by browninggold View Post

Looks like the Danley is two times more expensive as the Seaton

They are also vastly different designs in size and application. The SubMersive is also powered, where internal power adds a good deal more to the TH-50. For a size reference, the TH-50 is within an inch in each dimension of the size of FOUR stacked SubMersives. There are plenty of other significant differences in the targeted low frequency extension and response shape, as well as upper octave smoothness important in allowing a wider range of crossover frequencies which room acoustics often require.

My next subwoofer offering, the Terraform XL is a more interesting comparison where both are rather larger and have offer a ying/yang choice of output/efficiency vs. VLF extension/response smoothness.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
post #1282 of 9703 Old 05-31-2009, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So long to wait, cant watch any good movies...
post #1283 of 9703 Old 05-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Hi Mark, understood that the subs are different

I'm throwing the comparo out there simply because they both seem to have the "best in class" thing in common

plus sq can always be directly compared imo, realizing that sq in and of itself is a highly subjective and debatable topic
post #1284 of 9703 Old 05-31-2009, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post

They are also vastly different designs in size and application. The SubMersive is also powered, where internal power adds a good deal more to the TH-50. For a size reference, the TH-50 is within an inch in each dimension of the size of FOUR stacked SubMersives. There are plenty of other significant differences in the targeted low frequency extension and response shape, as well as upper octave smoothness important in allowing a wider range of crossover frequencies which room acoustics often require.

And another difference is the max output capability of each cabinet.

Danley Sound Labs

Physics-not fads
post #1285 of 9703 Old 05-31-2009, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-fine416 View Post

Wow, if that is not electronic, it could be a bass tuned down a step to D, or maybe the mix is slowed a step.

Jug of corn or no, I just might have to check this album out!

Yes, looking at the graph it appears to be a drop D tune, which open string would be 36.71Hz.

Bosso
post #1286 of 9703 Old 06-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Beaver View Post

And another difference is the max output capability of each cabinet.

Yes, but price and performance wise two submersives should be doing pretty well compared to a th50.

Before ordering my submersives last november and analyzing what is publically known i came to the following conclusion:

Being almost twice their combined size, but consideribly more efficient (size, tapped horn), the th50 pulls away between about 17Hz - 35/40Hz but gets beat anywhere else.

The th50 is -extremely- powerful from 20Hz upwards, as are the 4x 15" drivers of the 2 submersives a bit higher up the frequency scale.

From its specs it would appear that below the intended range of the th50 (say: 5Hz - 15Hz) it would take several th50's to match a single (!) submersive. On the other hand: at 21Hz it would take 3-4 submersives to match one th50!

Of course a lot of guess work was involved on my part so please take above analysis with a grain of salt. ;-)

Weight per unit, total size, price (incl. amp+dsp!) and fuller range made me go for Seaton's offerings.
post #1287 of 9703 Old 06-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
I am looking to augment (or replace) my 11 year old Velodyne FSR-18. While it goes plenty low for me, it is pretty easy for it to go into limiting when trying to keep up with the mains (Klipschorns). I am looking at eD and Epik offerings, and of course, the Submersive. The system is almost 100% HT, but performance on Blu Ray music concerts is important.

I suppose I am correct in assuming that the Submersive would have significant more output than the FSR-18, correct? And I assume that extension below 20 Hz would be similar, correct? Would transient response be similar to the Velo? That is one thing that concerns me about ported designs.

By the way, the room is 12x20x8 with LOTS of bass trapping (7 GIK Monsters plus suspended ceiling with R30 above).

Thanks for your opinions.
post #1288 of 9703 Old 06-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member

so 40-80hz, a single submerssive is in the ballpark?
post #1289 of 9703 Old 06-01-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjones View Post

I am looking to augment (or replace) my 11 year old Velodyne FSR-18. While it goes plenty low for me, it is pretty easy for it to go into limiting when trying to keep up with the mains (Klipschorns). I am looking at eD and Epik offerings, and of course, the Submersive. The system is almost 100% HT, but performance on Blu Ray music concerts is important.

I suppose I am correct in assuming that the Submersive would have significant more output than the FSR-18, correct? And I assume that extension below 20 Hz would be similar, correct? Would transient response be similar to the Velo? That is one thing that concerns me about ported designs.

By the way, the room is 12x20x8 with LOTS of bass trapping (7 GIK Monsters plus suspended ceiling with R30 above).

Thanks for your opinions.

I second this question...I have an FSR-15 and on my NIN BR at -20dB from reference it sounds great. However, when I crank it close to reference the bass disappears unless I'm right on top of the sub. If anyone who has a Submersive and NIN: Beside you in time on BR, please play "Burn" at or very close to reference and let me know what it sounds like. Nearfield placement is not an option for me. My room has similar dimentions as to what is stated above. I've been lurking in this thread for a while trying to figure out if the Submersive would do the trick. I was leaning toward the PB-13 Ultra or the Conquest but the Conquest is friggin huge and I've read multiple reports of the Ultra "farting" when pushed too hard. I want to be able to play this concert at very high levels with no loss of low frequency. Thanks for your help.

"Maybe poker's just not your game...I know, lets have a spelling contest."
post #1290 of 9703 Old 06-02-2009, 11:54 AM

Hello Mark Seaton,
I have tried to email you and leave calls. The last email I sent you had your notes from my Payapl payment I sent you. In it it said "Your SubMersive is expected to ship between May 15th and May 22nd barring unforeseen delays. You will be notified via e-mail if any delays arise. An e-mail notice from FedEx with tracking information will be sent the day of shipment. Please provide a contact phone number (required by FedEx) here or separately via e-mail or when payment is made."
I sent my phone number to you and you have my email address. Since you posted that message "pre-sale" I expect the same"post-sell". I have tried not to post here on this issue, but since you have time to post here for "Pre-Sale Technical Questions", I figure you will find the time to answer here. So what is my new shipping time? Sounds strict, but I went through an ordeal with a company called "Singlepower" on headfi.org. Look it up if you would like. Makes me nervous when I dont get emails or phone calls responded to. Rodney
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Seaton Sound , Velodyne Dd 15 Digital Drive Subwoofer 15 Inch Gloss Black , Velodyne , Speaker Systems , New Pac Sni 1 Ground Loop Signal Isolator

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page