AVS Forum banner
1M views 11K replies 696 participants last post by  kyzer soze 
#1 ·
Just had Mark Seaton over to install my 2 SubMersives, it being late and all I will keep my initial post on this MONSTER of a sub short. My family room turned home theater room is a difficult room that opens up into appx 800 sq feet of kitchen and dining room. Just 1 was able to handle the room by itself, 2 just abused the area.

Thanks Mark for re-confirming why I love this hobby and am glad there are people like you out there making such ridiculous products like the SubMersive!

See less See more
#7 ·
Great news. Craig should be getting his hands on one or 2 of these soon. I am looking very forward to seeing some results. Should be excellent.

There are some very exciting new products on the subwoofer front. JL, SVS, SeatonSound, AV123, HSU..... They are all setting standards higher than they have ever been before.

-Eli

#9 ·
Question to Mark Seaton or anyone who knows...maybe a dumb question.

Where do I order a SubMersive?

Now we need tests done A/B comparos VS the JL f113. In any case I need one.

#11 ·
I'd also like to know where to order a submersive?

#12 ·
Thanks Mike.

WarrenB.,

Could you take some close up pics of the Submersive woofers.I know the grills come off.If you have time.

Thank you.

This is the kind of forum I like,full of audiophiles,sub bass addicts and even the designers of the products post here!

#18 ·
Backgroud:

I am fairly new to Home Theater so my experience is a bit less robust than most of you who post here. I am more or less a lurker rather than a poster but read the forum daily.

My Subwoofer ownership experience has been limited to A couple of failed DIY sub builds as well as a pair of Klipsh KSW-12's.

I have heard almost every iteration of SVS (with the exception of the newer models) 1 DIY sonotube (tuned to 16hz), and a Velodyne DD15.

So as you can tell I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to "real" LFE devices.

Mini Review:

I have to keep this review short due to the fact i've only been able to view about 10 scenes with the SubMersives. The most recent being the Lightning strike and Pod emergence from War of the Worlds. This has resulted in a Huge mess.... My projector completely came unaligned, one of the HVAC vents in the wall opposite the subs came out about 1" from the wall (it is an old house and a bad HVAC install), I dislodged an electrical outlet cover that wasn't secured, and dislodged one of my DVI plugs (not screwed in) coming into my computer on the 2nd floor. (That was at -5db on my pre/pro, reference is at 0db)

Oh and I don't belive i've felt that scared from a scene i've seen countless times.

The thing that amazes me the most about these Subs is their ability to convince you of the reality of the situation being displayed on screen. The Bass is accurate, not showy or boomy, and and no other sub I have heard has been able to accomplish this combination of Loud and Accurate.

Another tangible value that this sub offers is the man who created it, Mark Seaton. I don't' think i need to add another feather to Mark's cap as I'm sure its full already, but I am amazed at his depth of knowledge and passion for this industry. If you meet Mark, you will buy his products. They represent the future of Home Theater.

#19 ·
"This has resulted in a Huge mess.... My projector completely came unaligned, one of the HVAC vents in the wall opposite the subs came out about 1" from the wall (it is an old house and a bad HVAC install), I dislodged an electrical outlet cover that wasn't secured, and dislodged one of my DVI plugs (not screwed in) coming into my computer on the 2nd floor."

WOW I haven't heard many other subs really causing physical damage to a room. We have all heard the "It shook my room like nothing else" but this is actual proof

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenBuffett /forum/post/0

My Subwoofer ownership experience has been limited to A couple of failed DIY sub builds as well as a pair of Klipsh KSW-12's.

I have heard almost every iteration of SVS (with the exception of the newer models) 1 DIY sonotube (tuned to 16hz), and a Velodyne DD15.

So as you can tell I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to "real" LFE devices.

Now that wasn't nice...

Quote:
Mini Review:

I have to keep this review short due to the fact i've only been able to view about 10 scenes with the SubMersives. The most recent being the Lightning strike and Pod emergence from War of the Worlds. This has resulted in a Huge mess.... My projector completely came unaligned, one of the HVAC vents in the wall opposite the subs came out about 1" from the wall (it is an old house and a bad HVAC install), I dislodged an electrical outlet cover that wasn't secured, and dislodged one of my DVI plugs (not screwed in) coming into my computer on the 2nd floor. (That was at -5db on my pre/pro, reference is at 0db)

Oh and I don't belive i've felt that scared from a scene i've seen countless times.

What, no dislocated shoulder?

Congrats! It must be a great product.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke /forum/post/0

"This has resulted in a Huge mess.... My projector completely came unaligned, one of the HVAC vents in the wall opposite the subs came out about 1" from the wall (it is an old house and a bad HVAC install), I dislodged an electrical outlet cover that wasn't secured, and dislodged one of my DVI plugs (not screwed in) coming into my computer on the 2nd floor."

WOW I haven't heard many other subs really causing physical damage to a room. We have all heard the "It shook my room like nothing else" but this is actual proof

The house is a rental and is not of top quality internals. I knew beforehand that the HVAC vent was loose but i was extremely amazed to see that it actually moved that much.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanpants /forum/post/0

What about a 230 Volt version for us Brits (and the rest of Europe)??

The amplifier is 230V ready, and unlike some, is both CE and UL Certified. Oh yeah, it costs too much, but you guys are worth it.

Honestly the website has taken a slight back-seat to getting the early customers all taken care of who are waiting on product while I'm making sure all the details are settled with the first batches built up. To save a bunch of questions, the SubMersive will sell direct for $1995. I will have select dealers, but those will primarily consist of knowledgeable and capable system integrators and designers.

Reactions: Pulloutchamp
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.