SVS PB12-NSD/2 or HSU VT-3 MK3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-03-2007, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I can't decide between either buying (2) SVS PB12-NSD/2's or (2) HSU VT-3 MK3's. My room is very large, about 9,600 cubic feet at 30x20 with a 16 foot ceiling at its tallest point in the middle. I was also considering the purchase of (2) PB12-Plus subs but the guy I spoke with at SVS says that for my room the NSD/2's will give me more of what I want (more bass). The only downfall to that is that I loose the nice wood finish and have to go with the standard black as SVS doesn't offer their NSD series in wood finishes.

So what do you guys think? Currently I have a Klipsch RT-10d sub (just one) and it's underpowered for my room (it's for sale by the way in the Marketplace).

Also, I'm going to guess that a bunch of you are going to recommend I wait a week until CES when SVS unveils their new line before I make any decisions, right? Although, I believe SVS is going to only update their Ultra line. Not sure.

EDIT: Also, anything wrong with using this cable to connect the subs?:http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-PureAV-...&s=electronics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-03-2007, 04:56 AM

Liked: 11
Rossandwendy is running a side by side between the 2 in a thread right here, on AVS, and this weekend, I will be getting a VTF-3 Mk III (and a VTF-2 Mk III), and will be running them in a 4000^3 foot room. Between us, we should be able to help some. Any chance YOU could order both, and return the one you don't want ?

The NSD is SVS's latest entry level line, with only the Ultra being introduced @ CES.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-03-2007, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsub View Post

Rossandwendy is running a side by side between the 2 in a thread right here, on AVS, and this weekend, I will be getting a VTF-3 Mk III (and a VTF-2 Mk III), and will be running them in a 4000^3 foot room. Between us, we should be able to help some. Any chance YOU could order both, and return the one you don't want ?

The NSD is SVS's latest entry level line, with only the Ultra being introduced @ CES.

Thanks, craigsub. So then for sure SVS won't be refreshing anything other than their Ultra sub line at CES, right?

I'd like to do as you suggested and order both but because I'm purchasing a dual sub setup that would mean that I would have to pay $200 for shipping here and then probably about $100 on the way back for whatever two subs I end up not using.

I'm looking forward to your test results. Hopefully parts of them will be in laymans terms for me.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-03-2007, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsub View Post

Also, off hand, do you agree with what the guy I spoke with at SVS is saying about (2) PB12-NSD/2's hands down giving me more power than (2) PB12-Plus subs? I just love those wood enclosures and don't have the option of getting a wood enclosure with the NSD/2.

EDIT: One more thing: I searched and couldn't find that thread by rossandwendy that you were talking about. Could you send me a link?
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page