Aura Bass shakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-07-2007, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What a bargain! I got 6 of these at 25 apiece from a local shop down the street. I hooked them up real ghetto like
I split my sub out to an old receiver, and then ran two wires out of them, one left one right. and jsut hooked them to the bass shakers,
Wow!!!!!!!!!!! If you havent tried these yet , they are the best addition you can do for the money. I set them just right so that they arent shakign while music is playing, they are dead on with the action scenes and more importantly dead on with the action in gears of WAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Cool... I just hooked up my first ButtKicker LFE (with ButtKicker AMP) yesterday and am VERY impressed with it's performance. I have the gain at the 3rd of 11 notches (maybe 25%) and it shakes the whole couch. Incredible.

I'm not sure how the Aura's compare to the ButtKickers, but if they are anything like them I'm sure you're have a great experience.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-07-2007, 06:53 PM

Are those Auras the Pros or regular ones? That's a good price if the pros - they are $38 apiece at PartsExpress.

What kind of seating do you have them hooked up to? I intend to get some eventually, but aren't sure how many I should get to be effective, e.g., for a couch and/or a love seat.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-08-2007, 03:16 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah they are the more expensive of the two. I think i got a pretty good deal. They are hooked up to a couch (3) a love seat (2) and a recliner (1)
THey sound great and feel awesome, I had them on during the eagles game yesterday and when they cut to the crowd after a touchdown and the fireworks going of , you could really feel it!!!!!! It was the best addition to the theater so far, well maybe the harmony remote i bought the same day was , orr the xbox 360 was. HAhhahahahaha I ve already got the upgrade bug
post #5 of 6 Old 01-23-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballDen View Post

What a bargain! I got 6 of these at 25 apiece from a local shop down the street. I hooked them up real ghetto like
I split my sub out to an old receiver, and then ran two wires out of them, one left one right. and jsut hooked them to the bass shakers,
Wow!!!!!!!!!!! If you havent tried these yet , they are the best addition you can do for the money. I set them just right so that they arent shakign while music is playing, they are dead on with the action scenes and more importantly dead on with the action in gears of WAR!!!!!!!!!!!

did you use the old receiver as an amp to another receiver? I'm interested in doing something similar with an old receiver as an amp to a new denon receiver and could use some advice. thanks
post #6 of 6 Old 01-23-2007, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

I hooked it up the way you arent "supposed" to soooooo take it for what its worth

I split the sub out of my good recevier and sent one to my sub up front and the other signal to my crappy receiver, i then wired the six shakers off the crappy amp. It sounds great it just takes some adjusting to make sure you dont have too much bass
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page