Anybody in Canada ever order a HSU sub and get it shipped to you? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 37 Old 03-09-2007, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
It's funny how Hsu drops their distributors and around the same timeframe SVS sets up distribution in Canada. Now it's more appealing to buy SVS from a convenience and pricing point of view.

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 03-09-2007, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mar67 View Post

I picked up a HSU from Canadian distributor ElectronicsForLess (SonicBoomAudio) in Toronto. Unfortunately I received a damaged sub. That was on February 15th. It's now March 9th and I still don't have a replacement, even though the sub has long since been paid for.
HSU says they have no warranty obligation unless you buy directly from them, even if you buy from authorized distributor.

I ordered (and paid) Feb. 7 for a 3.2 Hsu from EFL. I've yet to see it. Apparently courier lost the first one. I called EFL today, they said they were rounding up all of the remaining Hsu's and that they would ship today. Im hoping to see it next week.
post #33 of 37 Old 03-09-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post

It's funny how Hsu drops their distributors and around the same timeframe SVS sets up distribution in Canada. Now it's more appealing to buy SVS from a convenience and pricing point of view.

Did HSU drop the distributor? I think the distributor dropped HSU...for whatever reason. ElectronicsForLess was the Canadian distributor for HSU and SonicBoomAudio is the Canadian distributor for SVS. But they are the same company. The sticker on the box of my damaged HSU said it was shipped from SonicBoomAudio. It's the same distributor...different product.
post #34 of 37 Old 03-09-2007, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Yuck thats what sucks about buying stuff from the states, I wish it was not such a hassle. O well I'll stick to our own speakers and sub then!

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #35 of 37 Old 03-09-2007, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
I bought a SVS sub from Sonic when they first "opened" and I got mine in 3 days, and been happy since.

super dirty , super clean , pow
post #36 of 37 Old 03-12-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsalexan View Post

I ordered (and paid) Feb. 7 for a 3.2 Hsu from EFL. I've yet to see it. Apparently courier lost the first one. I called EFL today, they said they were rounding up all of the remaining Hsu's and that they would ship today. Im hoping to see it next week.

Did you get your sub yet? How's it sound?
post #37 of 37 Old 03-17-2007, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mar67 View Post

Did you get your sub yet? How's it sound?

Finally got it earlier this week though didnt have the cables so they are resending those now. This was the second sub they sent (thanks EFL!) as the first just "got lost in the ether".
Ok, so Im used to my Velo CHT8. I hook the 3.2 up w/crappy no shield rca cable I had lying around. No calibration, sub volume at first notch, maybe 1/8th of full, rec. at +3dB and then my typical listen volume. Then let her rip on LOTR:FOTR Sauron ring drop scene. OMG!
I read on Axiom's boards of someone that started out with a smaller sub like me. They had just gotten a new 3.2 and were trying to describe the new sound. They just kept tripping over their words trying to describe it, it was quite a funny read actually. Sorta like,..."...I don't know what to say...hearing this new sub just broke my brain...".
Well, its deja-vu all over again. What a sound! Without a doubt, best investment I've made to my system thus far. To answer your question, it's a combination: the sound is much more refined but at the same time much more powerful and deep. It's a keeper!
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page