SVS AS-EQ1 Thoughts... - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 6283 Old 09-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
 
heja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any news on the release date and pricing for this EQ? Probably a good partner to a couple of Ultra PB 13's : - )
heja is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 6283 Old 09-21-2007, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rnrgagne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,631
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by heja View Post

Any news on the release date and pricing for this EQ? Probably a good partner to a couple of Ultra PB 13's : - )

I e-mailed them about a week or two back asking the question and nerver got a response.

I wonder if the amount of Audyssey "Pro" capable receivers and pre-pro's hitting the scene is making them rethink this product and what their expected sales will be as a result.
rnrgagne is offline  
post #93 of 6283 Old 09-22-2007, 08:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Kal Rubinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC + Connecticut
Posts: 28,486
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 141
I spoke with SVS at CEDIA and it is still "in the works." They would not promise a delivery date but said that it was a more difficult undertaking than expected.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Kal Rubinson is offline  
post #94 of 6283 Old 09-22-2007, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jakeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
To be expected given the space/time problems Audessey is attempting to solve. Hopefully they make it versatile enough to connect to a notebook or PC for added processing power.

John
jakeman is offline  
post #95 of 6283 Old 09-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
lienly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Posts: 631
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I didn't get any response on Audyssey neither!

if it's Pro version, then may consider to get it. b/c 905 already has XT ver. wonder what Pro ver added?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrgagne View Post

I e-mailed them about a week or two back asking the question and nerver got a response.

I wonder if the amount of Audyssey "Pro" capable receivers and pre-pro's hitting the scene is making them rethink this product and what their expected sales will be as a result.

lienly is offline  
post #96 of 6283 Old 09-22-2007, 10:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rnrgagne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,631
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

I spoke with SVS at CEDIA and it is still "in the works." They would not promise a delivery date but said that it was a more difficult undertaking than expected.


Pretty much the identical answer I got from them a couple months back when they did respond.
rnrgagne is offline  
post #97 of 6283 Old 09-23-2007, 03:42 AM
Senior Member
 
heja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the info! Hopefully they will be able to sort out the issuses soon. I hope it is the killer product it looks like : - )
heja is offline  
post #98 of 6283 Old 11-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Senior Member
 
CFoote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump....Has anyone heard any updates from SVS on this? I guess we're talking 08 now. Maybe 1Q08? 2Q08? It's a shame as I really would like this to tame my subs.

My HT: 60" Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD (calibration soon), Krell electronics, B&W N802s.
CFoote is offline  
post #99 of 6283 Old 11-19-2007, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jpmst3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Davidsville, PA
Posts: 8,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoote View Post

Bump....Has anyone heard any updates from SVS on this? I guess we're talking 08 now. Maybe 1Q08? 2Q08? It's a shame as I really would like this to tame my subs.

I wouldn't hold my breathe that is for sure. These things have a way of being delayed for quite some time.

jpmst3 is offline  
post #100 of 6283 Old 11-19-2007, 09:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Kal Rubinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC + Connecticut
Posts: 28,486
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoote View Post

Bump....Has anyone heard any updates from SVS on this? I guess we're talking 08 now. Maybe 1Q08? 2Q08? It's a shame as I really would like this to tame my subs.

I would guess that the next update will come at CES.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Kal Rubinson is offline  
post #101 of 6283 Old 12-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Senior Member
 
djarchow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Iowa
Posts: 460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I talked to SVS last week. They are hoping to have a working prototype at CES. They said they may know more about availability and pricing then.
djarchow is offline  
post #102 of 6283 Old 12-30-2007, 02:24 AM
Member
 
subbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
That is what I always hate about SVS...
They keep on announcing new products on their website but before they actually can be delivered or are available for clients it takes a complete year or even more. I do not like that strategy, sorry
subbass is offline  
post #103 of 6283 Old 12-30-2007, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ggunnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 1,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's not a 'strategy' for complex audio projects to take longer than expected to design, test (repeat many times), get parts contracted for for the final version, get parts in hand, and assembled. Even large companies often don't make originally projected availability dates. Paraphrasing something Ron Stimpson once said, 'as eager as you are for it to be done, imagine how eager we are!' Be thankful SVS doesn't let it out the door until it's ready.
ggunnell is offline  
post #104 of 6283 Old 12-30-2007, 08:45 AM
 
craigsub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbass View Post

That is what I always hate about SVS...
They keep on announcing new products on their website but before they actually can be delivered or are available for clients it takes a complete year or even more. I do not like that strategy, sorry

Lighten up, Francis.

SVS is no different than a lot of companies ... they also have to rely on others to get these products to market.

Sometimes, deadlines are made, and sometimes they are not.

That's no reason to "hate", now is it ?
craigsub is offline  
post #105 of 6283 Old 12-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Member
 
subbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
SVS is no different than a lot of companies ... they also have to rely on others to get these products to market.

Sometimes, deadlines are made, and sometimes they are not.

That's no reason to "hate", now is it ?

Well I simply dislike things like that, sorry, "hate" might have been the wrong word
Maybe other companies do the same but SVS in my opinion is World Champion.

The same with the new Ultra's, lots of bla bla. takes ages and in the meantime no a.ss is buying a +2 anymore and if that is smart....
Before that sub processor is actually available I think we are 2 years further away ??
subbass is offline  
post #106 of 6283 Old 12-30-2007, 09:40 AM
 
craigsub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbass View Post

Well I simply dislike things like that, sorry, "hate" might have been the wrong word
Maybe other companies do the same but SVS in my opinion is World Champion.

The same with the new Ultra's, lots of bla bla. takes ages and in the meantime no a.ss is buying a +2 anymore and if that is smart....
Before that sub processor is actually available I think we are 2 years further away ??

Audessey is building the processor for SVS. Perhaps we should have the owners of Audessey executed ?

I do have an idea ... Since you are an expert in this arena, why don't you start your own subwoofer company and show the world how it SHOULD be done ?
craigsub is offline  
post #107 of 6283 Old 12-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Member
 
subbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Audessey is building the processor for SVS. Perhaps we should have the owners of Audessey executed ?

Now you are talking really stupid my friend, sorry to say that.
Besides that legal executions do not occur within the EU so I cannot help you with that


Quote:
I do have an idea ... Since you are an expert in this arena, why don't you start your own subwoofer company and show the world how it SHOULD be done ?

Well Craig, it is just my opinion, free world we are living in....right
subbass is offline  
post #108 of 6283 Old 12-30-2007, 10:35 AM
 
craigsub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbass View Post

Now you are talking really stupid my friend, sorry to say that.
Besides that legal executions do not occur within the EU so I cannot help you with that



Well Craig, it is just my opinion, free world we are living in....right

I thought it would be a short trip for you to get into name calling. The execution quip was sarcasm. Even people who talk stupid can get that.
craigsub is offline  
post #109 of 6283 Old 12-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Member
 
subbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:


I thought it would be a short trip for you to get into name calling. The execution quip was sarcasm. Even people who talk stupid can get that.

Well Craig, I do not mind at all cause I am one big sarcastic dude
Besides that I think you doing a great job with testing all and I like reading all your adventures. I just got a bit carried away on the SVS issue
subbass is offline  
post #110 of 6283 Old 12-30-2007, 01:01 PM
 
craigsub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbass View Post

Well Craig, I do not mind at all cause I am one big sarcastic dude
Besides that I think you doing a great job with testing all and I like reading all your adventures. I just got a bit carried away on the SVS issue

No worries. It seems like eD and Epik are getting all the fights lately. This brought back memories when the subwoofer fights were fun ... SVS vs. Hsu ...
craigsub is offline  
post #111 of 6283 Old 12-30-2007, 01:24 PM
pbc
AVS Special Member
 
pbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,421
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbass
That is what I always hate about SVS...
They keep on announcing new products on their website but before they actually can be delivered or are available for clients it takes a complete year or even more. I do not like that strategy, sorry

Look up av123 and the words "BMF" or "MFW" for long lead times! Actually, I think it's good as it generates a ton of interest and threads with users putting in what they would like to see in the product. In some cases (like the MFW for instance) these are actually put into the prototypes.

 

My DIY Subs ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

 

pbc is online now  
post #112 of 6283 Old 12-30-2007, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
OvalNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North of Atlanta
Posts: 1,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
One word: ... "Turbo"

I won't even mention the manufacturer for fear of being branded a hater.


Tim

He drove a black and white pirate ship at 190 mph.
- Dale in the #3 will never be forgotten. Thanks for the memories.
OvalNut is offline  
post #113 of 6283 Old 12-31-2007, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Warpdrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 7,350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Not to do something wrong here, but hey maybe I'll shoot this tback on topic and say that Ron @ SVS will have a working AS-EQ1 EQ at CES, as well as a setup of the MTS speaker series... so maybe someone will have a chance to check it out..

I would love to see some pics snapped of the speakers...
Warpdrv is offline  
post #114 of 6283 Old 12-31-2007, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ggunnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 1,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's a link to the cut sheet for the Audyssey AS-EQ1 for CES:
http://www.svsound.com/products/acce...k_CESpromo.pdf

Warp, are you sure an AS-EQ1 will be at CES? Ron's words yesterday on another board were
". . . potentially the working pre-production prototype . . . " (italics mine)
ggunnell is offline  
post #115 of 6283 Old 12-31-2007, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Warpdrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 7,350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggunnell View Post

Here's a link to the cut sheet for the Audyssey AS-EQ1 for CES:
http://www.svsound.com/products/acce...k_CESpromo.pdf

Warp, are you sure an AS-EQ1 will be at CES? Ron's words yesterday on another board were
". . . potentially the working pre-production prototype . . . " (italics mine)

Yes you are correct... I will quote the info from the shack...
but I would imagine, he wouldn't put that out there if it wasn't true.. CES is big time especially for something like this... I wish I could be there for the show...


Quote:


Guys,

Just wanted to let you know the speaker pages for the MTS-01 family have FR's listed for each model now.

http://www.svsound.com/products-sys-...fm#mbs01_specs

All are in production and the first ones should go out the door Wednesday. Watch for your shipping notices. We'll hold pre-order prices till morning of the 2nd, in case anyone was on the fence. The freebies go away then too. We'll be showing a full 7.1 MTS-01 system and some Ultra subs, and potentially the working pre-production prototype of the SubEQ we've worked up with Audyssey (not unlike the MTS-01 speakers, a project that's well behind our planned schedule, but has made significant progress finally: http://www.svsound.com/products/acce...k_CESpromo.pdf
).

Should be fun. Watch for your shipping notices. Then I expect a spate of "SVS flu" afterwards. Once you fire these up you won't want stop listening for a while. The MBS-01's I'm running just with a 25-31PCi in a bedroom system is pretty stunning. They sound great with NO sub in fact, though we're bass nuts so we'll tend to recommend SVS subs back these up for an effortless low end.

Drop me a line if you want to slot a time to come by and see us at the Hilton in Vegas and hear what we've brought.

Happy New Year to all from SVS,

Ron Stimpson
Co-Founder, SVS

Warpdrv is offline  
post #116 of 6283 Old 01-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Senior Member
 
djarchow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Iowa
Posts: 460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Anybody make it to SVS's booth at CES or hear any updates on this since they thought they might have info on availability and cost at CES.

Thanks

Dennis
djarchow is offline  
post #117 of 6283 Old 01-10-2008, 10:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Kal Rubinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC + Connecticut
Posts: 28,486
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by djarchow View Post

Anybody make it to SVS's booth at CES or hear any updates on this since they thought they might have info on availability and cost at CES.

Thanks

Dennis

Could not find them at all.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Kal Rubinson is offline  
post #118 of 6283 Old 01-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
 
djarchow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Iowa
Posts: 460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

Could not find them at all.

Kal,

Thanks. I just checked the CES list of exhibitors as well as T.H.E Show and didn't see them listed at either one.

BTW, when is your next column coming out?

Thanks,

Dennis
djarchow is offline  
post #119 of 6283 Old 01-10-2008, 09:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Kal Rubinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC + Connecticut
Posts: 28,486
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by djarchow View Post

BTW, when is your next column coming out?

On schedule. It appears every odd-numbered month.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Kal Rubinson is offline  
post #120 of 6283 Old 01-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Wireless member
 
pepar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Quintana Roo ... in my mind
Posts: 25,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Any news on the availability of this? This thread was linked in the Audyssey thread by "audyssey" seemingly alluding to it coming soon . . .
pepar is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off