OFFICIAL Hsu MBM-12 thread - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #571 of 572 Old 06-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Pontifus Maximus
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Well I ended up hooking MBM to minidsp output 2 instead of 4 so it was paired up with a subwoofer output that had a different AVR delay... When I set minidsp to max 7.5ms it improved so much that it now creates positive gain in the 50-80hz region. It's awesome! I can raise or lower knob on the fly to get more or less mid bass punch. Yay!

I'm curious if one wanted a more laymans way to tweak all sub distances... Would this work:

Turn off all but one sub and put room measure program on real time analyzer (shows the db bars for all frequencies in real time) - then slowly change delay until you get the highest output at crossover region - then turn on one more sub and do the same thing now with both subs? Is this viable?
Sponsored Links
post #572 of 572 Old 06-25-2015, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 738 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Im curious if the MK2 would do anything outstanding for my HT in New Zealand.

My three fronts are Klipsch THX Ultra 2 KL-650 bookshelf speakers mounted in baffle walls. (see image)

Under the stage area is four SVS PB13 Ultra ported subwoofers.

The room is 11.1 atmos, Marantz pre AV8802 and these Emotiva 5 channel amps XPA5

Room size approx. 4M wide x 5.5M long, well treated with bass traps and other acoustic treatments, walls and ceiling.

I was thinking of using three of the MBMs on the stage next to each of the three front speakers which are placed behind an acoustic scope screen.

Please let me know your thoughts, if you think the MK2s would add something that might be lacking with my current system?
If so is it easy to integrate and setup with what I currently use?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090525.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	795330   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090541.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	795338   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090557 - Copy.JPG
Views:	20