***Official HSU owners/support thread!*** - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 6388 Old 07-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
The_Dark_Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten View Post

I'm expecting to be rocking out with my VTF-2 MK 3 tomorrow.

Placed the order on Saturday night. They called this morning to verify credit card information and said it should ship shortly. Just got the FedEx tracking information which says it should be delivered tomorrow. Standard ground, indeed!

I gotta say, I'm impressed with HSU so far... and I don't even have my sub yet



Hmm, I haven't heard a peep out of them and I ordered mine 5 days ago.
The_Dark_Knight is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 6388 Old 07-27-2007, 01:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
The_Dark_Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post

Hmm, I haven't heard a peep out of them and I ordered mine 5 days ago.



I recieved it last night without warning!

The tracking number said it didn't ship yet.

Anyway, Can't do much right now to set it up. It's the middle of the night and I have neighbors to think about.

I'm glad it's here though.
The_Dark_Knight is offline  
post #363 of 6388 Old 07-27-2007, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Macfan424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post

I recieved it last night without warning!

The tracking number said it didn't ship yet...

That happens a lot with Hsu.
Macfan424 is offline  
post #364 of 6388 Old 07-27-2007, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RobZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 3,546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Anyone have an idea as to current resale value of the Hsu VTF3 MkII? I don't seem to find any recent hints on audiogon, videogon, AVS or flea bay.
RobZ is offline  
post #365 of 6388 Old 07-28-2007, 01:36 AM
Member
 
Movie Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nor•Cal
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZ View Post

Anyone have an idea as to current resale value of the Hsu VTF3 MkII? I don't seem to find any recent hints on audiogon, videogon, AVS or flea bay.

Let this be your guide:

From HSU website VTF-2 MK3 $499 new

"The new VTF-2 MK3 is basically a slightly less powerful version of the VTF-3 Mk 2, and just like the VTF-3, with 250W, a 12 inch woofer, and maximum extension down to 18 Hz. It gives you unprecedented value for your money - VTF-3 performance for a VTF-2 price!"


Hello, my name is Shawn and I am a recovering HTIB user.
Movie Fan is offline  
post #366 of 6388 Old 07-28-2007, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
The_Dark_Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZ View Post

Anyone have an idea as to current resale value of the Hsu VTF3 MkII? I don't seem to find any recent hints on audiogon, videogon, AVS or flea bay.


The last one to sell on Ebay sold for 579 bucks! 7-21-07
The_Dark_Knight is offline  
post #367 of 6388 Old 07-28-2007, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RobZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 3,546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I was looking at listing for less than that. Cool.
RobZ is offline  
post #368 of 6388 Old 07-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Senior Member
 
ccarzoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
my room is massive, 19 X 27 X 8 with an additional 9 X 9 X 8 attached to it.

I have calibrated the crap out of everything, and tried many different placements. My question is, with the gain at 9:00, and sub trim at -7 for 72 dbs, is it wrong to run it at any where from -4 to -1? My room is so large, I just don't get the impact when I need it. I may add another 3.3 with turbo, but I just wanted to know how hot is too hot...

"Go Blue"
ccarzoo is offline  
post #369 of 6388 Old 07-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
Peter Marcks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 701
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
ccarzoo, have you tried running the VTF-3 Mk3 in max output mode? If so, what did you think? With a single subwoofer and no MBM-12, it would make sense to run the VTF-3 Mk3 in max output most of the time.
Peter Marcks is offline  
post #370 of 6388 Old 07-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Senior Member
 
ccarzoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Marcks View Post

ccarzoo, have you tried running the VTF-3 Mk3 in max output mode? If so, what did you think? With a single subwoofer and no MBM-12, it would make sense to run the VTF-3 Mk3 in max output most of the time.


yes, I did try, and I didn't find that much of a difference. I actually preferred the turbo. I am confused. I was never responded to from HSU about the problems. We went back and forth, about the driver being faulty, and I just stopped receving emails. I kinda gave up, and now I have a 1000.00 investment that may be broken, and isn't being attended to.

"Go Blue"
ccarzoo is offline  
post #371 of 6388 Old 07-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Member
 
Movie Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nor•Cal
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarzoo View Post

yes, I did try, and I didn't find that much of a difference. I actually preferred the turbo. I am confused. I was never responded to from HSU about the problems. We went back and forth, about the driver being faulty, and I just stopped receving emails. I kinda gave up, and now I have a 1000.00 investment that may be broken, and isn't being attended to.

E-mail is OK but you will probably get better support if you pick up the phone and give them a call. They even have an 800 number and nice people you can talk to (as long as you can handle the heavy accent ). If they think the driver or amp is bad then they will probably offer to send you a replacement part and you will be responsible to swap parts and ship them the original.


Hello, my name is Shawn and I am a recovering HTIB user.
Movie Fan is offline  
post #372 of 6388 Old 08-07-2007, 03:42 AM
Member
 
eddie100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Greeting fellow Hsu owners,

There is a guy selling on craigslist a VTF2MK3 for a good price. Current I own a VTF3MK2. Price is good enough that I might consider getting dual subs for my place. Would this setup be good as they are considered "big brother-little brother" type subs and I wouldn't have problems trying to mismatch subs? Any advice would be appreciated. One would be placed in a near-field setup and the other along the wall and properly calibrated of course.
eddie100 is offline  
post #373 of 6388 Old 08-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
gvg45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie100 View Post

Greeting fellow Hsu owners,

There is a guy selling on craigslist a VTF2MK3 for a good price. Current I own a VTF3MK2. Price is good enough that I might consider getting dual subs for my place. Would this setup be good as they are considered "big brother-little brother" type subs and I wouldn't have problems trying to mismatch subs? Any advice would be appreciated. One would be placed in a near-field setup and the other along the wall and properly calibrated of course.

The 2.3 & 3.2 are virtually the same sub. Only difference is the amp. They should go very well together.
gvg45 is offline  
post #374 of 6388 Old 08-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Member
 
big_screen_bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am new to HSUs as I found out about them on this forum. I have a living room that is 15'x15' (with 12' vaulted ceilings). Would the VTF-2 MK3 be the way to go or would a smaller one suffice? Thanks in advance for your help.

- Bill
big_screen_bill is offline  
post #375 of 6388 Old 08-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Ryan48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cape May, New Jersey
Posts: 229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was thinking about getting a MBM-12, does anyone know if it gives you that punch in the gut feeling?
Ryan48 is offline  
post #376 of 6388 Old 08-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Member
 
Billo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have tried to stay away from audio forums for 6 months. Seems when I read these forums daily, no mater how much money I spent in upgrades, I found myself wanting. Well, I,m back and wanting !
Looked on the HSU site, and cannot locate the Turbo's as an add on for a VTF 3 MKII.
Any one buy the turbo, and how much ?
Billo is offline  
post #377 of 6388 Old 08-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Member
 
robe619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's on the site under True Subwoofers -> Subwoofer accessories $199
robe619 is offline  
post #378 of 6388 Old 08-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Member
 
jamesnw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wanted to say hello. I'm a proud owner of my first true subwoofer, the HSU VTF-MK3. If it wasn't for threads like these I would spend months trying to decide which subwoofer to buy. I never thought it would only take 4 hours! I did go about $100 over what I initially expected to spend, but I realized that since I have a 7000 cubic foot room it made sense to change my budget. A single MK3 may not fill up the room, but it sure as hell will put my Klipsch Promedia Ultra subwoofer to shame.
jamesnw is offline  
post #379 of 6388 Old 08-24-2007, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Kevin12586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,057
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Get a second one when you can afford it and then that smile on your face will grow even larger.
Kevin12586 is offline  
post #380 of 6388 Old 08-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Member
 
jamesnw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hah, we'll see. I'm on sensory overload as it is since I just got my first set of good speakers too. Once my high frequency hearing is lost I'll have to add more bass to make up for it
jamesnw is offline  
post #381 of 6388 Old 08-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
Peter Marcks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 701
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey Bill,

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_screen_bill View Post

I am new to HSUs as I found out about them on this forum. I have a living room that is 15'x15' (with 12' vaulted ceilings). Would the VTF-2 MK3 be the way to go or would a smaller one suffice? Thanks in advance for your help.

- Bill

The VTF-2 Mk3 should do a nice job in your room, including rooms up to about 4500 ft^3. Does your theater room open up into any other large spaces?

Sincerely,
Peter Marcks is offline  
post #382 of 6388 Old 08-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
Peter Marcks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 701
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Dear Ryan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan48 View Post

I was thinking about getting a MBM-12, does anyone know if it gives you that punch in the gut feeling?

I would describe the mid-bass punch as a kick to the chest sensation.
Peter Marcks is offline  
post #383 of 6388 Old 08-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
Peter Marcks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 701
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesnw View Post

Just wanted to say hello. I'm a proud owner of my first true subwoofer, the HSU VTF-MK3. If it wasn't for threads like these I would spend months trying to decide which subwoofer to buy. I never thought it would only take 4 hours! I did go about $100 over what I initially expected to spend, but I realized that since I have a 7000 cubic foot room it made sense to change my budget. A single MK3 may not fill up the room, but it sure as hell will put my Klipsch Promedia Ultra subwoofer to shame.

I really appreciate the interest and feedback, james! The most important thing is that you are happy with your purchase and getting real enjoyment from the product. Thanks so much!
Peter Marcks is offline  
post #384 of 6388 Old 08-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Member
 
cviper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
man I love my VTF-3 MK3 w/ Turbo, its friggin' great. I purchased it online, and the day it was to ship Dr. Hsu called me that morning and said I should just come and pick it up, (I'm about a 30-45 mins away from the hsu warehouse) saved me a bunch of money on shipping so I was very happy to say the least. But the sub is just great! it shakes my house, my friend thought a helicopter was over my house when I was playing the test cd that I got with it. Blends very nicely with my cornwalls when playing music, and just drops a bomb of subsonic goodness in my living room when watching movies. This has been my first woofer purchase and I couldn't be happier with it.

Video: Samsung PN648500AF, Panasonic TC-P60GT50
Audio: Onkyo TX-NR818 with B&K Reference 200.7, Behringer iNuke 3000DSP for subs
Speakers: Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64, RS-62's RSW-15, Dual DIY Stereo Integrity 18" Subwoofers
Misc: Xbox 360, PS3 Slim, Wii U, Apple TV, Chromecast
cviper is online now  
post #385 of 6388 Old 08-28-2007, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lrstevens421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Big Apple
Posts: 3,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not bad for your first sub. Enjoy

Making the most out of what I got.
lrstevens421 is offline  
post #386 of 6388 Old 08-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Member
 
jamesnw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just picked up an Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver to replace my Pioneer VSX-816K. I bought my first set of real speakers a few weeks ago to replace Klipsch computer speakers so I have been looking to upgrade my receiver as well. The VTF-MK3 will be here on Friday according to the tracking information, just in time to throw a party this weekend!
jamesnw is offline  
post #387 of 6388 Old 08-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Member
 
JC32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been waiting to brag on my New VTF3-MK3 sub!!! The thing is unfreakingbelievable!!!!! My room is MASSIVE 24 x 24 with a cathedral peaking at 21ft, and a dining room and kitchen open to it!!! They suggested that I may need two of them for that size room!!!! WHATEVER!!! I can truly say best investment I made. The thing truly rocks!!!!!
JC32 is offline  
post #388 of 6388 Old 08-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Member
 
jamesnw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC32 View Post

I have been waiting to brag on my New VTF3-MK3 sub!!! The thing is unfreakingbelievable!!!!! My room is MASSIVE 24 x 24 with a cathedral peaking at 21ft, and a dining room and kitchen open to it!!! They suggested that I may need two of them for that size room!!!! WHATEVER!!! I can truly say best investment I made. The thing truly rocks!!!!!

Glad to hear it is that impressive even in a room larger than my 25x30x10 basement. Hopefully I will have similar results .
jamesnw is offline  
post #389 of 6388 Old 08-29-2007, 10:56 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Splotto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello:

It's always good to see everyone happy with a product I bought as well. Nothing like the ratification of a purchase.

Being new to good audio I am still learning. One issue I do have with my HUS subs (and I am sure it would happen with any sub) is that I need to keep the volume low (9 o'clock) in order to avoid rattling or shaking of the sub and/or articles in my room.

I always end up feeling like I am missing out on the true abilities of the system.

Splotto
Splotto is offline  
post #390 of 6388 Old 08-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Member
 
big_screen_bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Marcks View Post

Hey Bill,



The VTF-2 Mk3 should do a nice job in your room, including rooms up to about 4500 ft^3. Does your theater room open up into any other large spaces?

Sincerely,

Yes, it opens up into the kitchen. Would the VTF-2 MK3 still work? Thanks again.

- Bill
big_screen_bill is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Hsu Research , Hsu Vtf3 Mk4 , Hsu Vtf2 Mk4 , Hsu Research Hb1 Mk2 , Hsu Research Vtf 2mk3 , Hsu Research Hc 1 Mk2 , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Hsu Research Uls 15 Subwoofer , Hsu Research Stf 1 Subwoofer 150 Watt

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off