7Likes

post #6301 of 6314 Old 07-11-2014, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 312
***Official HSU owners/support thread!***

War of the Worlds is still my favorite. The lightning and pod emergence scenes are nuts.

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still 👎

Last edited by ambesolman; 07-11-2014 at 08:39 AM. Reason: g
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6302 of 6314 Old 07-11-2014, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
War of the Worlds is still my favorite. The lightning and pod emergence scenes are nuts.

Oh yeah, from when they start out of the grounds and the next 3-4 minutes is wicked.

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200
post #6303 of 6314 Old 07-11-2014, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post
I speak as someone who has owned two Hsu subs for a year and a half....Slow is ok but stagnant is another. You have to feed your fan base every once in a whole and we haven't been eating lately like everyone else.

If I had the desire to upgrade my subs right now, I woud have no reason whatsoever to look at Hsu because I already have their top of the line. I also wouldn't feel that if I waited another 6 months that they would have anything new because no one says anything. Well not that I've seen anyhow.
I do understand what you're saying, and I don't disagree. I was just making an observation. It seems Hsu is comfortable in their niche. I'm not big on brand loyalty, if a company doesn't have the product I need, I'll move on. They seem to have most of the bases covered, but I agree there could be room at the top of their lineup for a no holds barred ultra high performance sub. Even if they didn't sell in huge numbers it could act as an aspirational product to add prestige to the whole company, and as you said, excite the fan base.
post #6304 of 6314 Old 07-11-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Hsu has never been about massive, expensive showpiece subs. For those who want a monster bass system, they would encourage a modular approach, ie multiple subs. If you want a killer sub from Hsu, get a ULS-15 quad drive. For a better system, just keep adding ULS-15s, as they are geared for this. Since they all have wireless receivers built in, you only need one sub out and one transmitter to hit them all. Also, since their roll off is gradual, you would eventually get usable bass down into the single digits with a bunch of ULS subs. Since they are not huge, they can easily be placed into optimal locations for smoothed response.
ambesolman and BigDonk like this.
post #6305 of 6314 Old 07-11-2014, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 273
It's easy to say expand your business model or mission statement, but, if it aint broke dont fix it .
BigDonk and RayWK like this.

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200
post #6306 of 6314 Old 07-12-2014, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post
Hsu has never been about massive, expensive showpiece subs. For those who want a monster bass system, they would encourage a modular approach, ie multiple subs. If you want a killer sub from Hsu, get a ULS-15 quad drive. For a better system, just keep adding ULS-15s, as they are geared for this. Since they all have wireless receivers built in, you only need one sub out and one transmitter to hit them all. Also, since their roll off is gradual, you would eventually get usable bass down into the single digits with a bunch of ULS subs. Since they are not huge, they can easily be placed into optimal locations for smoothed response.
Great advice as that is exactly what I am shooting for!!!!

Half way there!!
post #6307 of 6314 Old 07-12-2014, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
It's easy to say expand your business model or mission statement, but, if it aint broke dont fix it .
Good point, but it is also dangerous to stand still in business, because the competition never does.
post #6308 of 6314 Old 07-12-2014, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
Good point, but it is also dangerous to stand still in business, because the competition never does.

Amen.

Nothing against doing something and leaving it out there for consumers but when you don't come back into the market with something new fast enough, the customer is going to move on. I think the ID competition has been very active only past couple. I think PSA actually had these forums abuzz for quite some time before they released their Triax. That's always good for business.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
post #6309 of 6314 Old Yesterday, 12:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 42
hey guys, i'm interested in HSU's mid bass module, but I was thinking, wouldn't a midbass module be the same as integrating mixed matched subs, as one sub would dig deep and the other wouldn't? How exactly do would you add a midbass sub to another sub that plays down to 17hz and what location would be ideal for this kind of sub? Thanks
post #6310 of 6314 Old Yesterday, 12:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post
hey guys, i'm interested in HSU's mid bass module, but I was thinking, wouldn't a midbass module be the same as integrating mixed matched subs, as one sub would dig deep and the other wouldn't? How exactly do would you add a midbass sub to another sub that plays down to 17hz and what location would be ideal for this kind of sub? Thanks
Maybe this will help..

Will the HSU MBM work with any sub?

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
post #6311 of 6314 Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post
Interesting... How hard can you push the ULS15? I guess I have always thought of the ULS15 for those whose primary listening is music.
post #6312 of 6314 Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDonk View Post
Interesting... How hard can you push the ULS15? I guess I have always thought of the ULS15 for those whose primary listening is music.
The ULS-15 can be pushed pretty hard for music. The problem is there is an EQ boost down low which is meant for music, but movies can over tax pretty easily if sub is driven loud enough. For movies you will want to tone the deep bass boost down by bringing the ULF trim up to 50 Hz. But its mid bass output is actually on par with the VTF3, so it has no problems getting loud.
post #6313 of 6314 Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Sounds like Ford, GM and Chrysler back in the 80's while Toyota, Nissan, and Honda started making better and better cars. Long live the Plymouth Reliant!

AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #6314 of 6314 Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Sounds like Ford, GM and Chrysler back in the 80's while Toyota, Nissan, and Honda started making better and better cars. Long live the Plymouth Reliant!

The Reliant Robin?

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Hsu Research , Hsu Vtf3 Mk4 , Hsu Vtf2 Mk4 , Hsu Research Hb1 Mk2 , Hsu Research Vtf 2mk3 , Hsu Research Hc 1 Mk2 , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Hsu Research Uls 15 Subwoofer , Hsu Research Stf 1 Subwoofer 150 Watt

User Tag List