Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #6421 of 6423 Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Almost sounds like something is wrong with the sub out on the AVR. It has some voltage on it and if it isnt working right, it won't turn the sub on.

Does the sub perform fine otherwise if set to on instead of Auto? I leave mine on On all the time, but that doesnt take away from the fact something in your setup seems to have an issue.

65" VT50 / BDT460
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6422 of 6423 Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Almost sounds like something is wrong with the sub out on the AVR. It has some voltage on it and if it isnt working right, it won't turn the sub on.

Does the sub perform fine otherwise if set to on instead of Auto? I leave mine on On all the time, but that doesnt take away from the fact something in your setup seems to have an issue.
It seems to work if I have it manually set to ON, whether it performs fine, not sure how to tell. I can tell the difference between the sub on and off and I like it on, does that count?
post #6423 of 6423 Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Someone may have a better idea, but it either sounds like the output voltage on the AVR isn't right, or the auto sense on the amp is not working correctly. I'd lean toward the amp since you get boom with it set to On. That tells me output voltage on the AVR should be OK, because if it wasn't you would not get much or any output from the sub regardless of Auto or On.

Maybe Hsu can help you reign it in. If your trim level in the AVR is set to 0.0, the sub should turn on just fine with volume.

65" VT50 / BDT460
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Hsu Research , Hsu Vtf3 Mk4 , Hsu Vtf2 Mk4 , Hsu Research Hb1 Mk2 , Hsu Research Vtf 2mk3 , Hsu Research Hc 1 Mk2 , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Hsu Research Uls 15 Subwoofer , Hsu Research Stf 1 Subwoofer 150 Watt

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page