***Official HSU owners/support thread!*** - Page 220 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 55Likes
post #6571 of 6576 Old 02-24-2015, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 390
I was going to sell one of my VTF15's to a friend and buy the newer version, but to be honest the duals already sound so good I just dont feel like messing with it.

65" VT50 / Oppo 103D
Denon 4520CI / Emotiva XPA-3
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6572 of 6576 Old 02-24-2015, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
I was going to sell one of my VTF15's to a friend and buy the newer version, but to be honest the duals already sound so good I just dont feel like messing with it.

Exactly! It's not really worth the hassle unless you have a room that dual 15H's can't handle. I don't know who here does but I can tell you that the number isn't that large. The missing upgrade path..either by trade in or an easy driver upgrade is a bar to the sales of the MK2 series.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
post #6573 of 6576 Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Dr, Kevin or anyone else - any recommendations for upward firing Dolby atmos modules? I'm trying to decide what modules to put on top of MY HB1 LR bookshelves.

I could just get a couple more hb1's and mount them on wall like front heights. But apparently the modules would sound better. I can't have in ceiling speakers.
post #6574 of 6576 Old Today, 05:45 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Another thread told me I coud request to have hb1s tweeter rotated when I order, for putting them up horizontally.

Do hb1s have a 'wide dispersion' ?
post #6575 of 6576 Unread Today, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 708 Post(s)
Liked: 787
I don't know if Hsu would rotate the tweeters for you, I would guess so, but that is a simple thing you can do yourself as well. All it takes is 5 minutes and a philips head screwdriver. Just unscrew the horn and rotate it 90 degrees and screw it back in.
post #6576 of 6576 Unread Today, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Hi DaveyMac,

We usually don't. As shadyJ stated, it's actually pretty easy to rotate the horn on the HB-1 Mk2 and HC-1 Mk2. We don't have any recommendations for upward firing atmos speakers. Actually, a few of our customers have told us that they came across more issues, than anything, when using those speakers, such as they could still localize the atmos material from the upward firing speakers, muddying the front stage, etc. Which we figured would be the case. I wouldn't say the HB-1 Mk2s have a very wide dispersion as they do have a horn loaded tweeter for a more controlled directivity. We did this in order to have keep the energy more uniform going into the room, especially through the crossover. That way it would have a more smoother off-axis response. It also helps reduce early reflections in the room in order to make it less room dependent.

Kevin W.
Hsu Research
Sales and Marketing Representative
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Hsu Research , Hsu Vtf3 Mk4 , Hsu Vtf2 Mk4 , Hsu Research Hb1 Mk2 , Hsu Research Vtf 2mk3 , Hsu Research Hc 1 Mk2 , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Hsu Research Uls 15 Subwoofer , Hsu Research Stf 1 Subwoofer 150 Watt

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page