***Official HSU owners/support thread!*** - Page 233 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 198Likes
post #6961 of 6967 Unread 01-30-2016, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfahnestock View Post
Well, I took the plunge and ordered my first HSU sub today. I'm pairing the sub with Definitive Tech RCSII and RSS III for the 7.1 components and driving it from an older Pioneer SC-27 AVR. Been a while since I configured a sub, so I wanted to ask you all a few questions:

1. Any recommendation for ports, EQ, and Q settings? Primarily a movie and tv fan. (95% movie/tv to 5% music)
  2. Since I have a Pioneer receiver, I have the MCACC EQ. Is it worth doing? I have a SPL and could manually configure, but wasn't sure what you all thought.
Let me know your thoughts if you have some time. Thanks!
The HSU manual has recommended settings for your sub before running your Auto calibration routine... typically one port plugged, EQ 1 and Q control at .7 if I recall correctly....then when that is done, you can set your ports, EQ and Q-control for the type of bass sound you like...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6962 of 6967 Unread 01-30-2016, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
The HSU manual has recommended settings for your sub before running your Auto calibration routine... typically one port plugged, EQ 1 and Q control at .7 if I recall correctly....then when that is done, you can set your ports, EQ and Q-control for the type of bass sound you like...

Sounds about right to me.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
post #6963 of 6967 Unread 01-30-2016, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Good deal! Can't wait to get the sub delivered and calibrated.
post #6964 of 6967 Unread 01-31-2016, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi I have a Hsu VTF-15 and VTF15MK2 subs hooked up to an Onkyo 828 receiver, and I have found out that my receiver needs an amp to fully power the second subwoofer.
Does anyone have an amp that they would recommend for the subs? Everytime I look for an amp, I see amps that are designed for cars, and I'm assuming I need a more specific type of amp for a home theater?
post #6965 of 6967 Unread 01-31-2016, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajistheman View Post
Hi I have a Hsu VTF-15 and VTF15MK2 subs hooked up to an Onkyo 828 receiver, and I have found out that my receiver needs an amp to fully power the second subwoofer.
Does anyone have an amp that they would recommend for the subs? Everytime I look for an amp, I see amps that are designed for cars, and I'm assuming I need a more specific type of amp for a home theater?
uhhhhh, you are confused about using 2 subs with your Onkyo... You do not need amps for HSU subs, they have their own! If you can't get one of the subs to activate, you may need to rerun your Audyssey setup again to identify that you have 2 subs hooked up...
wilfredent likes this.
post #6966 of 6967 Unread Today, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Got my second vtf-15h and did the calibration last night with my denon 4311ci. Sub 1 was at -5.5 and 2 at -6.0. Should I rerun the calibration and try getting closer to 0 +/- 3.
post #6967 of 6967 Unread Today, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 914 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post
Got my second vtf-15h and did the calibration last night with my denon 4311ci. Sub 1 was at -5.5 and 2 at -6.0. Should I rerun the calibration and try getting closer to 0 +/- 3.

Nope, you're good

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Hsu Research , Hsu Vtf3 Mk4 , Hsu Vtf2 Mk4 , Hsu Research Hb1 Mk2 , Hsu Research Vtf 2mk3 , Hsu Research Hc 1 Mk2 , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Hsu Research Uls 15 Subwoofer , Hsu Research Stf 1 Subwoofer 150 Watt