***Official HSU owners/support thread!*** - Page 236 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 244Likes
post #7051 of 7053 Unread Yesterday, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterpoint View Post

And the other thing, how do get this thing up the stairs? Will this work? LOL

I had to laugh when I saw this as I received the VTF-3 MK5 HP and pulled out my hand truck to bring it upstairs. One thing I determined was angle of ascent up stairs may leave the hand truck to upright if it's one person. I was able to have someone guide the handle up as I grabbed the bottom of the hand truck and basically lifted it up, one step at a time (it was my grand daughter helping). If it's just you I suggest tying it to the hand truck so it doesn't topple off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7052 of 7053 Unread Yesterday, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterpoint View Post
I purchased a VTF-15H MK2 that just shipped. This is my first time owning a HSU product. It will be going into a computer room that is roughly 1400 cu. ft. on the 2nd floor of a colonial. Currently I am using two subs in this room, an Emotiva X-Ref 12 and an Emotiva Ultra Sub 10. They have been OK but not exactly chest thumpers. The other problem has been that because of everything else in the room placement has not been ideal so from where I'm sitting you don't get the most effect. Well, I guess something just snapped in me and I decided to put another sub in a spot that I never thought I would and went with this 15" big boy. The price/performance ratio was the best, the finish was exactly what I wanted, and the dimensions were just right. And for me, personally, DIY was not an option. Other gear includes an Emotiva XDA-2 DAC, XPA-200 2ch amp, and a pair of Polk Monitor40s. I listen to all kinds of music and I wanted to kick it up a notch without looking back and saying "maybe I should have went bigger." I think this is about as big of a sub as I can comfortably live with in this room. Other considerations included the SVS PC13-ULTRA, PB-2000, PB12-PLUS, Rythmik FV15HP, PSA V1500, etc. I was not really considering a sealed sub (even though this is mainly for music) simply because I wanted the most SPL I could get. So I'm going to give it a shot when I get it next week and worst case scenario I'll put it in my HT to replace one of the MFW-15s that just went out on me for the last time (domed capacitor repair didn't work this time). But for the HT I'll probably go with dual JTR Cap 1400s at some point down the road. Now, the question is going to be whether to keep the other two Emotiva subs in the system or remove them. I live across the country 2300 miles away so I hope it doesn't get beat up in the shipping.

And the other thing, how do get this thing up the stairs? Will this work? LOL

Highly recommend that but with an able person at bottom of dolly to slowly stair climb and in case you need to rest or lose balance.
post #7053 of 7053 Unread Yesterday, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDaddy View Post
If it's just you I suggest tying it to the hand truck so it doesn't topple off.
Yeah I figured as much, thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post
Highly recommend that but with an able person at bottom of dolly to slowly stair climb and in case you need to rest or lose balance.
That's what little brothers are for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Hsu Research , Hsu Vtf3 Mk4 , Hsu Vtf2 Mk4 , Hsu Research Hb1 Mk2 , Hsu Research Vtf 2mk3 , Hsu Research Hc 1 Mk2 , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Hsu Research Uls 15 Subwoofer , Hsu Research Stf 1 Subwoofer 150 Watt