***Official HSU owners/support thread!*** - Page 246 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 410Likes
post #7351 of 7352 Unread Today, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarFather View Post
Quick update, got the excessive port chuffing problem solved. All I had to do was set the Q at .5, and turn dynamic EQ off on my AVR. The dynamic EQ must really boost the sub 25hz area, and I hadn't thought to turn it off. With my previous set-up of dual BIC F12's, they never had an issue with it turned on. I'm assuming it's because those sub's fell on their face under 25hz, so it didn't bother them since they basically had zero output at those frequencies.

As each day passes by I fall in love with this subwoofer more and more. Now I've got a difficult decision coming up, upgrade my TV or add a second VTF-3 MK5? My current TV is an LG 50" plasma that has served me well for almost 8yrs now. But now that I've got the home theater bug, I'd like to get myself a new, larger TV. But I'm also an extreme basshead, so I'm at odds with myself lol.
Definitely a second sub can help in giving you more clean headroom and it can help smooth out the response if placed well. Though given your previous settings stated, the sub seems to be good, so a new TV would be a pretty nice addition.

Kevin W.
Hsu Research
Sales and Marketing Representative
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7352 of 7352 Unread Today, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsuKevin View Post
Definitely a second sub can help in giving you more clean headroom and it can help smooth out the response if placed well. Though given your previous settings stated, the sub seems to be good, so a new TV would be a pretty nice addition.
I ordered a second VTF-3 MK5 from you on Tuesday Scheduled to arrive early next week, can't wait to hear/feel what two of them sound like! Should also help alleviate some of the peaks I'm experiencing with the single 15. That was the only thing I miss from my previous dual BIC F12 set-up, which was smoother throughout my living room. Now with the second 15 on the way I should have that same smoothness, but with the added benefit of crazy output levels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Hsu Research , Hsu Vtf3 Mk4 , Hsu Vtf2 Mk4 , Hsu Research Hb1 Mk2 , Hsu Research Vtf 2mk3 , Hsu Research Hc 1 Mk2 , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Hsu Research Uls 15 Subwoofer , Hsu Research Stf 1 Subwoofer 150 Watt