Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtimmmy View Post

Roger Clark, Holy Cow!
I was reading your comments and noted that you had the PC Ultra 13 tuned to 20Hz and gain at 11 o'clock, and I thought cool, he has the same sub and settings as me. Then I saw you had the Denon 3808 and I thought, wow, he has the same receiver as me. But now you said that you had the 20-39 PCi plus before the the ultra 13 and I thought, did I write all the comments for you because it was exactly what I did, I got the plus first, had it for awhile and finally decided to upgrade to the Ultra 13 and I must agree that it sounds so much more detailed and clean. And if you're asian you maybe my long lost brother!

On a side note, what mains are you running and did you do any firmware updates for you Denon 3808? If so, how did it go and did you notice any sound quality improvements?

Funny! Well, I had a Sunfire Signature for years and it did surprisingly well in that room. SVS told me the 20-39 would go deeper and louder than the Sunfire, but I don't think they have any hands on experience with the Signature series. The 20-30 would hold it's own and sound a bit cleaner mid bass, but down low it was bottoming before the Sunfire. I elected to upgrade to the 13 ultra and SVS graciously extended the demo period until the PC13 was available so I could just swap out. This sub blows them both away in every department.

I have done two firmware upgrades on the 3808 but have not done the most recent yet. The big improvement came in the audyessy for me, the unit now calibrate within 1db of what my meter does and of course has curves for the room (to the extent that I don't need the eq in the Ultra). I like this receiver very much having previously had a Onkyo 939 and then a B&K AVR307. To my ears, this receiver matches up with my speakers better than anything previous. The speakers are Polk RT2000P up front, Polk CS-350LS, and Polk F/X 500i surrounds.

I'm not Asian but I'll take another HT brother anytime

Roger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 274 Old 02-23-2008, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Nice upgrade Brad, now you have no excuse not to hide those wires
post #273 of 274 Old 11-05-2008, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
No one with a Conquest ever tried eh? Sure would have liked to see those numbers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #274 of 274 Old 04-02-2011, 11:38 AM

Liked: 10
1) 115 dB @ ~13 ft
2) 119 dB @ ~1m
3) ~1960 ft^3
4) SVS PC12-Plus
5) Master @ 0 dB equivalent, all speakers inc. sub set to 75 dB @ 0dB equivalent. Uncorrected.

All speakers were on for this test. Crossover @80Hz Readings peaked before Darla started "twinkle twinkle little star."

RS Digital meter, using max function.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page