9Likes

post #5581 of 7205 Old 03-04-2012, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Nascar is pretty much the only sport, if you wanna call it that where the fans are really good people, still have knuckleheads, but for the most part, it is more family type. I have had one run in over the years and it was over a parking spot. I think meeting all the people on race weekend is one of the best parts of the event. I have met people from all over the world!

Nascar use to run the IROC series which was pretty cool. I think it stopped in 07 do to sponsorship.

Well finally saw my first ever NASCAR race at PIR (Phoenix Int'l Raceway) in Avondale, Arizona this afternoon.

I think I'd need 10 Outlaws to reproduce 24 NASCAR race cars crossing the start/finish line at the start!!! WOW what a BOOMING RUSH! And this track is a short track (1mile @27sec/lap). Thundering herd indeed! And perfect weather (85 deg F).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5582 of 7205 Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramill View Post

Well finally saw my first ever NASCAR race at PIR (Phoenix Int'l Raceway) in Avondale, Arizona this afternoon.

I think I'd need 10 Outlaws to reproduce 24 NASCAR race cars crossing the start/finish line at the start!!! WOW what a BOOMING RUSH! And this track is a short track (1mile @27sec/lap). Thundering herd indeed! And perfect weather (85 deg F).

It's funny you say that. I don't really get into NASCAR.....more because I am naive then not liking it..... but something tells me if I were at a live event that it would be a HUGE rush!!
post #5583 of 7205 Old 03-05-2012, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramill View Post

Cool! I know lots of people that have a new respect after they go! I remember years ago, I took a buddy of mine, it was his first race at Dover. I remember the cars came out and did like 3 laps or so at caution speed and then they let them loose. I took him to the fence so he could get the full effect of the start. I still remember his face when he turned around and looked at me, he looked like he saw a ghost and then he said "HolyS***!" I still laugh at that when I think about it. Good stuff! I will make a race this year at some point, I am more interested in Englishtown NJ with the funny cars and dragsters.

I also have to look and see if I can find that Phoenix race on demand. I have the Outlaw and F12 pretty much dialed in now. I gotta hear a few Nascar laps cranked up! I think I am going to ditch the F12 and order another plus or EX, just to be in sync. I should of just ordered two when I had the chance, could have saved a few hundred.
post #5584 of 7205 Old 03-05-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToHT View Post

It's funny you say that. I don't really get into NASCAR.....more because I am naive then not liking it..... but something tells me if I were at a live event that it would be a HUGE rush!!

Quote:

Cool! I know lots of people that have a new respect after they go! I remember years ago, I took a buddy of mine, it was his first race at Dover. I remember the cars came out and did like 3 laps or so at caution speed and then they let them loose. I took him to the fence so he could get the full effect of the start. I still remember his face when he turned around and looked at me, he looked like he saw a ghost and then he said "HolyS***!" I still laugh at that when I think about it. Good stuff! I will make a race this year at some point, I am more interested in Englishtown NJ with the funny cars and dragsters.

I also have to look and see if I can find that Phoenix race on demand. I have the Outlaw and F12 pretty much dialed in now. I gotta hear a few Nascar laps cranked up! I think I am going to ditch the F12 and order another plus or EX, just to be in sync. I should of just ordered two when I had the chance, could have saved a few hundred.

I sat just past the start/finish towards the top of the grandstands got a great view of the track. I rented the radio/headset scanner, bought a seat cushion, brought my binoculars, sunglasses, cap, digital camera. Man I was ALL set and prepared. And it all came in handy. Being able to hear the pit communications when Denny Hamlin won, live and then hearing what he said again on ESPN was cool. The track is a short one but great overhead shots on my big screen and perfect weather.

I think next time, I'll get a seat up against the fence because I want to feel the air rush by! I do have an appreciation for it because coming into Turn 1 at this track it's short but they're doing maybe 150+. Imagine at Daytona where it's close to 200mph+! So seeing it live I have a better appreciation for it. And being that I've driven on a banked oval where they race (Auto Club Speedway formerly California Speedway) for a driving school, I felt what it was like going into a banked turn at 140+mph.

Reefdvr27, definitely get another EX!
post #5585 of 7205 Old 03-05-2012, 12:56 PM

here is how mine is sitting right now:

I might try and put the risers only on the four corners to see if that sounds better, it seems that it would give the sub more room underneath.

Need. More. Bass.
post #5586 of 7205 Old 03-05-2012, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by geomark View Post

Hey, where did you get the Outlaw picture??
post #5587 of 7205 Old 03-05-2012, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:

Hey, where did you get the Outlaw picture??

Check the theater items thread. Has some high res logos you can print

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #5588 of 7205 Old 03-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I know there are a few guys on here running 1 EX and 1 Plus, but I was curious what room correction software you guys were using with them. I have Audyssey XT32 and recently read a post where a guy said he was running 1 sub that was a bit more powerful than the other and Audyssey limited his larger sub to compensate for the smaller one and I wouldnt want that to happen if I spent the extra money on the EX. I have a Plus and was planning on getting an EX to pair with it in the next few weeks, but since the EX is on back order I may settle for another Plus. Hmm decisions decisions...

Life is hard, be harder.
post #5589 of 7205 Old 03-06-2012, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints View Post

I know there are a few guys on here running 1 EX and 1 Plus, but I was curious what room correction software you guys were using with them. I have Audyssey XT32 and recently read a post where a guy said he was running 1 sub that was a bit more powerful than the other and Audyssey limited his larger sub to compensate for the smaller one and I wouldnt want that to happen if I spent the extra money on the EX. I have a Plus and was planning on getting an EX to pair with it in the next few weeks, but since the EX is on back order I may settle for another Plus. Hmm decisions decisions...

Well that is the issue with running dual subs when they are not the same. I would buy another Plus if it were me. OR you could sell the Plus and buy dual EXs.

Shawn
post #5590 of 7205 Old 03-06-2012, 08:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by flickhtguru View Post

Well that is the issue with running dual subs when they are not the same. I would buy another Plus if it were me. OR you could sell the Plus and buy dual EXs.

Although it might not be an issue depending on how they are setup. If the EX is at the front of the room, and then the Plus is nearfield, the Plus will likely not have to play as loud to keep up and might be plenty of sub.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #5591 of 7205 Old 03-06-2012, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

although it might not be an issue depending on how they are setup. If the ex is at the front of the room, and then the plus is nearfield, the plus will likely not have to play as loud to keep up and might be plenty of sub.

+1

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

post #5592 of 7205 Old 03-06-2012, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Although it might not be an issue depending on how they are setup. If the EX is at the front of the room, and then the Plus is nearfield, the Plus will likely not have to play as loud to keep up and might be plenty of sub.

Very true. I was kinda thinkin of Saints keepin the Plus where ever it is and adding the EX as a second ( and if the Plus was in the front and the EX was near field then that could be an issue). But yes you are right.

Shawn
post #5593 of 7205 Old 03-06-2012, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 200
How much of a difference is the EX over the plus as far as performance?

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
post #5594 of 7205 Old 03-06-2012, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

The EX will dig 2hz deeper and 3db louder. I have dual Pluses mainly cuz of space restraint for the near field sub or I would have gotten dual EXes. With that said I couldn't be happier with dual Pluses for $998 delivered!!!

Shawn
post #5595 of 7205 Old 03-06-2012, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
So this weekend wife & I saw 'Transformers: Dark Of The Moon'. Finally got that loud, thumping bass where we felt every deep bass under the couch and on the floors around us. I'm finally where I wanted to be and I have to say that I'm utterly impressed and in awe of the EX's performance.

I had thought about eventually adding a Plus or EX later down the road to complete .2 dual sub setup; but now I'm pretty sure I'll stick with an EX next time they have the big sale (like the one I got my first one in).

To get where I wanted to be - I did need to variate a little with the given suggestions. I couldn't get that volume in my bass with the Volume knob set at 2 at the back ... I had to bump it up to 4. Even though I played around with the db levels in my reciever's setup. I'm assuming that the area you're trying to cover makes a difference. Although I have my setup in my Family Room ... it does open up to a large Kitchen and also a Hallway that goes into the foyer, living room and another room.

My one advice to anyone setting up a new Outlaw would be -- don't just take given presets, apply them, and expect them to work in any given situation. I just couldn't get the Bass I needed with the given presets ... I did need to customize to my setup.

Thanks guys -- wouldn't have been able to do it without your advice & suggestions.

7.1: Polk RTi12 Fronts, RTi8 Surrounds, Monitor70 Surround Backs, CSi A6 Center + Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.
Yamaha RX-A2000 AVR
Epson 5010 3D Projector
Intel Sandy Bridge 3D HTPC / Blu-ray Player
post #5596 of 7205 Old 03-06-2012, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

How is the OAW3 Wireless Audio System? I am very curious because right now I am using a wireless audio transmitter and it has a lot of feed back and interferece. Is it worth it?

It might depend on your wiring. I had to run an extension cord from a different outlet than the nearest one for one of my 2 wireless
receivers to stop the buzz coming from it.
post #5597 of 7205 Old 03-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickhtguru View Post

The EX will dig 2hz deeper and 3db louder. I have dual Pluses mainly cuz of space restraint for the near field sub or I would have gotten dual EXes. With that said I couldn't be happier with dual Pluses for $998 delivered!!!

What room EQ are you using for your dual Pluses? I ask because I just got Audyssey XT32 and since been having a lot of port noise from my Plus that I'm still trying to figure out. I reran Audyssey today to try out max output mode and it was better, but feel I shouldn't have had to do that so hopefully another Plus or Ex will help out so I don't have to run them as hard.

Life is hard, be harder.
post #5598 of 7205 Old 03-06-2012, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:

What room EQ are you using for your dual Pluses?

Hi Saints, looking at flickhtguru pics (2 pages back) Onkyo TX-NR808 (Audyssey MultEQ).
post #5599 of 7205 Old 03-07-2012, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Loving my EX's, just finished watching Batman The Dark Knight and that hospital explosion has some serious LFE . Its pretty intense where it can be felt through the sofa and I don't own a buttkicker .
post #5600 of 7205 Old 03-07-2012, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Loving my EX's, just finished watching Batman The Dark Knight and that hospital explosion has some serious LFE . Its pretty intense where it can be felt through the sofa and I don't own a buttkicker .

The shotgun blast during the intro is pretty legit

post #5601 of 7205 Old 03-08-2012, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjktcvs View Post

It might depend on your wiring. I had to run an extension cord from a different outlet than the nearest one for one of my 2 wireless
receivers to stop the buzz coming from it.

Using the OAW3 or a different wireless transmitter/receiver?

- Leon Phelps
post #5602 of 7205 Old 03-08-2012, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What chapter/scene is that?

- Leon Phelps
post #5603 of 7205 Old 03-08-2012, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What room EQ are you using for your dual Pluses? I ask because I just got Audyssey XT32 and since been having a lot of port noise from my Plus that I'm still trying to figure out. I reran Audyssey today to try out max output mode and it was better, but feel I shouldn't have had to do that so hopefully another Plus or Ex will help out so I don't have to run them as hard.

As JChin stated I have an Onkyo 808 so I am using MultEQ. I don't hear any port noise but that doesn't mean I don't have any. My one sub acts as an end table so its right beside the LP so its db matched to the other on that's up front so it doesn't need to have the gain as loud. I might have port noise from the front one but just can't hear it at the LP. But I know I don't have any from the end table sub.

Shawn
post #5604 of 7205 Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What chapter/scene is that?

Hi Pain Infliction, I replayed this 3x ... chapter 30.
post #5605 of 7205 Old 03-08-2012, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi Pain Infliction, I replayed this 3x ... chapter 30.

Thanks. I finally got my sub dialed in and now I want to hear some great lfe sceens.

- Leon Phelps
post #5606 of 7205 Old 03-08-2012, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 39
@mickey79
What does the AVR set the sub woofer channel level to after you turned the sub's gain/volume up?
And what do you adjust the channel level to that makes it sound good to you?

Regards,
Charlie

post #5607 of 7205 Old 03-09-2012, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Using the OAW3 or a different wireless transmitter/receiver?

Both are OAW3. At first, I thought because the receiver was in direct line of sight with my wireless internet router, but it was because it was plugged into the same outlet as my AVR and TV. Plugging it into an outlet on a different wall fixed it.
post #5608 of 7205 Old 03-10-2012, 10:37 AM

Just pulled the trigger on a B-Stock LFM-1 Plus. Here's hoping whoever demo'd it didn't pound it too severely. Tough making blind purchases especially on something technically used. This was hands down the best value option available tho. I could of waited for the EX to go on sale but the Plus will fit much better in the positions I have available. This will be a gigantic upgrade over my current sub. Guess I'm just stopping in to say hi I'm part of the club now.
post #5609 of 7205 Old 03-10-2012, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzil View Post

Just pulled the trigger on a B-Stock LFM-1 Plus. Here's hoping whoever demo'd it didn't pound it too severely. Tough making blind purchases especially on something technically used. This was hands down the best value option available tho. I could of waited for the EX to go on sale but the Plus will fit much better in the positions I have available. This will be a gigantic upgrade over my current sub. Guess I'm just stopping in to say hi I'm part of the club now.

Welcome to the outlaws! Feel free to ask questions

post #5610 of 7205 Old 03-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzil View Post

Don't worry about it, there are a bunch of us here that got b-stocks with no problems at all. Welcome to the club!

Life is hard, be harder.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page